PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone notice: LAL game, during a jumpball

Partial Qualifier
4/11/2011, 02:19 PM
in the 2nd half: did you see Ibaka stepping on Kobe's feet while they were positioning for the jumpball?

The announcers missed it I guess, because it was a sequence they'd normally replay for entertainment's sake.

Kobe didn't take kindly to Serge's tactics :D

jumperstop
4/11/2011, 03:26 PM
I saw that too. Thought it was kinda funny, but not totally out of the norm. There is a lot of pushing and pulling on in bounds plays. Kobe gets pissed about everything, with that little fart sniffing smirk he gets all the ****ing time. What I was surprised they didn't talk about was Perkins headlock on Kobe. Our announcers are so bias, I mean I don't mind a little but they would be be all over opposing player doing that to Durant...

Quik Sand
4/11/2011, 03:41 PM
I saw it.

For anyone (including hosts on the SA) that thinks that LA did not get up for last night's game is fooling themselves. Kobe from the word go was mouthing to Sefalosha and anyone else listening for the Thunder trying to "remind" them of how great he and the Lakers are. The Lakers do not want to slip in seeding. They believe homecourt is not paramount, but why allow yourself to slip and have to travel when you dont have to? Teams play better at home. Just look at the home records vs. road for the elite teams.

I think LA felt they had the two locked up about a week ago. Dallas was losing and the Thunder were a little too far behind and still had two games with Denver and a head to head with LA. Then OKC begins a new win streak and Dallas begins to right the ship....keeping pressure on LA. LA wanted to win last night to prove they still are the team to beat, dont be fooled by the losses recently.

What was extremely encouraging about the game was Kevin Durant's progression in how to attack Ron Artest. Artest does the best job of any one player against Durant. He is given more allowance to be physical. Durant last night looked really confident against him for the first time. He got by him with regularity and made tough jumpers. He did not get too deep and commit turnovers and did not force up tough threes.

Tonight is a perfect storm for a letdown game. I am curious to see if they are able to handle the success over the past week in accomplishing things they had not previously.

Partial Qualifier
4/11/2011, 04:16 PM
good post, quicksand. Lemme guess: Mark Rodgers or Jim Traber are saying to not put much stock in the win because LA was tanking it? If so that's LOL but par for the course. The fact is, we went on the road and owned a healthy Laker team in convincing fashion. Regular season, playoff game, doesn't matter.

It looked like KD's been practicing that quick move off a screen --> stop & pop move just for Artest. :)

oumartin
4/11/2011, 07:08 PM
I missed the toe steppin' on incident. thats great. :D

yankee
4/11/2011, 08:05 PM
Between Perk and Serge, we got some attitude down low. I love it.

jumperstop
4/11/2011, 10:02 PM
Did any of you guys notice the guy with court side before the game wearing a sonics jersey and a longhorn hat giving the hook em horns?

Quik Sand
4/11/2011, 10:19 PM
My letdown game concerns look intact. No intensity so far, but a long way to go.

jumperstop
4/11/2011, 11:10 PM
My letdown game concerns look intact. No intensity so far, but a long way to go.

If they play smart they will win this. Up by 6 with 6 min to go.