PDA

View Full Version : Spring Game Update

Jay C. Upchurch
4/11/2011, 02:10 PM
NORMAN, Okla. – Oklahoma fans have just one more day to purchase $5 tickets for this Saturday’s Red/White Spring Football Game. At 11:59 p.m., Tuesday, the price will increase to $10.

Students with a current OU ID will be admitted free of charge as will children ages 5 and younger.

Saturday’s festivities begin at 9 a.m., with the Spring Sale in the OU Armory, located directly west of Gaylord Family – Oklahoma Memorial Stadium. The OU Athletics Equipment Department and OU Bookstore will be on hand, along with three other local retailers selling fall clearance merchandise at discounted prices. The sale concludes at 3 p.m.

Those who shop before the game are encouraged to drop off purchases at their vehicles, as bags larger than 10" x 10" will not be permitted into the stadium. All normal game entry policies remain in place for the spring game relative to permitted items.

The stadium gates will open at 12:30 p.m., ahead of the Third Annual Legend’s Flag Football Game, which begins at 1 p.m. The Red/White game will start at 2 p.m.

A tentative list of Legend’s Game participants includes: Rufus Alexander, Reggie Barnes, Larry Birdine, Danny Bradley, Mark Bradley, Jason Carter, Quentin Chaney, Jacob Gutierrez, Jamelle Holieway, Chijioke Onyenegecha, Charles Thompson and Paul Thompson.

Fans may enter the stadium at Gates 1, 5, 7 and 11. The Sooner Kids’ Club Check-in is at Gate 5. Seating will be restricted to the lower deck on the east and restrooms and concession stands will be open on the east and west concourses only. ADA seating is available in the south end zone section.

All seating is general admission.

A spring game program will be available for purchase as will stadium seats.

The Gomer Jones Center will be open for medical care.

OU is also hosting a track meet on Saturday with parking for that event at the Duck Pond lot. Otherwise, all campus parking is open and free of charge for fans attending the Spring Game.

The game will be carried live on KOKC (AM 1520), but will not be televised. This will be the first play-by-play outing for new Sooner radio football voice, Toby Rowland. He’ll be joined by Merv Johnson, who returns in his analyst role, and Chris Plank, sports director at KTBZ in Tulsa, who will report from the sideline.

OU SID Report

gaylordfan1
4/11/2011, 02:11 PM
I'm there!

JLEW1818
4/11/2011, 02:24 PM
won't be making it this year.

The oil has sent me to Houston.

I know i can come up for at least 1 game this fall.... hopefully 2.

I'll be in Waco again for sure.

Mississippi Sooner
4/11/2011, 02:26 PM
Do I have to buy a ticket if I intend to stand for the whole game?

madillsoonerfan5353
4/11/2011, 02:34 PM
Is the King Center gonna be open?

:gary:

AZSOONER
4/11/2011, 03:54 PM
Will Boomer & Sooner be there? How bout the band and cheerleaders? Bringing 4 kids, 2 boys and 2 girls. Hope they have fun.

texaspokieokie
4/11/2011, 05:13 PM
well, i'll be nearby, in OKC @ the fairgrounds for big car show.

NormanPride
4/11/2011, 05:20 PM
Will Boomer & Sooner be there? How bout the band and cheerleaders? Bringing 4 kids, 2 boys and 2 girls. Hope they have fun.
Yeah, spirit squad, band and mascots should all be there. They'll be in smaller numbers, but the whole game atmosphere will be in full force.

Anyone know if they did the "draft" again this year? JAY THESE ARE THE QUESTIONS WE WANT ANSWERED. :D

usaosooner
4/11/2011, 05:48 PM
Anyone know if they did the "draft" again this year? JAY THESE ARE THE QUESTIONS WE WANT ANSWERED. :D

Yes.. The draft will be posted tomorrow morning on Facebook & twitter @ 10 a.m.

I asked on twitter & soonersports tweeted it.. I am special :gary: