PDA

View Full Version : THE 2010-11 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD

Pages : [1] 2

JLEW1818
4/11/2011, 10:00 AM
playoffs start this week?????

picks to come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yall ready for some professional Lebron James hating.... yet again?

SoonerNate
4/12/2011, 02:52 PM
playoffs start this week?????

picks to come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yall ready for some professional Lebron James hating.... yet again?

Hate us so long as you fear us

JLEW1818
4/12/2011, 03:17 PM
Boston in 6 over Heat

Lebron rips jersey off

does not shake hands

SoonerNate
4/12/2011, 03:41 PM
Boston in 6 over Heat

Lebron rips jersey off

does not shake hands

a. Boston is finished

b. We, more so than any other team are used to rough road crowds

c. Our defense will get us to the Finals

JLEW1818
4/12/2011, 04:26 PM
people thought they were finished last year. The postseason is a different game my friend.

The Heat are 3-8 against the Celtics, Bulls, and Magic... i dont' give a damn if it's the regular season... this stat does mean something.

HEAT DO NOT WIN THE EAST

SoonerNate
4/12/2011, 04:47 PM
people thought they were finished last year. The postseason is a different game my friend.

The Heat are 3-8 against the Celtics, Bulls, and Magic... i dont' give a damn if it's the regular season... this stat does mean something.

HEAT DO NOT WIN THE EAST

:confused: :rolleyes:

Quik Sand
4/12/2011, 06:05 PM
East predictions:

First Round

(8) Indiana / (1) Chicago - Chicago 4-1

(7) Phila / (2) Miami - Miami 4-1

(6) NY / (3) Boston - Boston 4-2

(5) Atlanta / (4) Orlando - Orlando 4-1

Indiana is just elated to be in the playoffs and I think their home crowd will be on fire and help win them one game. Miami is beginning to show why they were a preseason favorite. Phila is a nice story and Doug Collins has done a wonderful job, but they are in over there head here. They are scrappy enough to fight and get one game. NY is starting to play much better. I still worry about their consistency on defense...and in the playoffs that will be their demise. People are down on Boston...and while they are struggling, I think their experience and savvy will bump them over NY who will get a couple games.

Semi-finals

(4) Orlando / (1) Chicago - Chicago 4-3

(3) Boston / (2) Miami - Miami 4-3

Playoffs really pick up in this round. I thought about taking Orlando over Chicago, but I think at times in this series Orlando will forget to throw it into Howard and continue to fire up threes even though they arent hitting them. That game or two they choose to do that they will lose...and thus Chicago advances after going seven. Boston/Miami will be a war. Boston is not intimidated by Miami having the homecourt even after what happened last game. I am taking Miami in seven due to the team defense they are playing with. Miami showed this earlier in the season when they were on a roll. I think they get just enough contributions between Chalmers, Bibby, Miller, and Anthony (shot blocking and rebounding).

Finals

(2) Miami / (1) Chicago - Miami 4-3

This figures to be a grind it out low scoring series. I expect the games to remain in the nineties and possibly eighties. In a series like this is where Miami having two go to guys will give them the edge. Chicago is a terrific defensive team as a whole. The old saying, "Great offense beats great defense" comes to mind. Even if Bosh has an off night...or James...there is still Wade. You can alternate these names. Chicago MUST have great games from Rose to counter and I do not think he will every game of the series.

West seedings are coming down to the last game, so will have observations/predictions once the seeds are set.

SoonerNate
4/12/2011, 07:06 PM
East predictions:

First Round

(8) Indiana / (1) Chicago - Chicago 4-1

(7) Phila / (2) Miami - Miami 4-1

(6) NY / (3) Boston - Boston 4-2

(5) Atlanta / (4) Orlando - Orlando 4-1

Indiana is just elated to be in the playoffs and I think their home crowd will be on fire and help win them one game. Miami is beginning to show why they were a preseason favorite. Phila is a nice story and Doug Collins has done a wonderful job, but they are in over there head here. They are scrappy enough to fight and get one game. NY is starting to play much better. I still worry about their consistency on defense...and in the playoffs that will be their demise. People are down on Boston...and while they are struggling, I think their experience and savvy will bump them over NY who will get a couple games.

Semi-finals

(4) Orlando / (1) Chicago - Chicago 4-3

(3) Boston / (2) Miami - Miami 4-3

Playoffs really pick up in this round. I thought about taking Orlando over Chicago, but I think at times in this series Orlando will forget to throw it into Howard and continue to fire up threes even though they arent hitting them. That game or two they choose to do that they will lose...and thus Chicago advances after going seven. Boston/Miami will be a war. Boston is not intimidated by Miami having the homecourt even after what happened last game. I am taking Miami in seven due to the team defense they are playing with. Miami showed this earlier in the season when they were on a roll. I think they get just enough contributions between Chalmers, Bibby, Miller, and Anthony (shot blocking and rebounding).

Finals

(2) Miami / (1) Chicago - Miami 4-3

This figures to be a grind it out low scoring series. I expect the games to remain in the nineties and possibly eighties. In a series like this is where Miami having two go to guys will give them the edge. Chicago is a terrific defensive team as a whole. The old saying, "Great offense beats great defense" comes to mind. Even if Bosh has an off night...or James...there is still Wade. You can alternate these names. Chicago MUST have great games from Rose to counter and I do not think he will every game of the series.

West seedings are coming down to the last game, so will have observations/predictions once the seeds are set.

I think you are spot on with my observations here. I like Miami and Chicago in the East Finals and believe that one is a toss up. Chicago reminds me of Cleveland the past couple of years having only one "go to" player.

JLEW1818
4/12/2011, 10:06 PM
:confused: :rolleyes:

The postseason is a different game. Matchups Matchups Matchups. Boston matches up very well with the Heat.

Teams like the Celtics, Lakers, and Magic are proven playoff teams... This Heat team is still a question mark..... which could be a little scary .... but not for a good team.

That's just my take on both ends of it..... If you wanna look at regular season, or matchups.

JLEW1818
4/12/2011, 10:07 PM
but really please explain why the Heat will beat the Celtics/Bulls? A combined 1-6 record against them?

get of the lebron choke jock.

I can't wait to slap both of you in the face the night we see Lebron exit in the 2nd round.

yankee
4/12/2011, 10:45 PM
I've got Chicago winning the East. Rose and company are playing on another level right now.

SoonerNate
4/12/2011, 11:21 PM
but really please explain why the Heat will beat the Celtics/Bulls? A combined 1-6 record against them?

get of the lebron choke jock.

I can't wait to slap both of you in the face the night we see Lebron exit in the 2nd round.

Why we'll beat the Celtics? Home court advantage.

Like I said earlier, I'm 50/50 on Chicago. They are incredible and if we pull it out it will be because of our defense which is actually the strength of our team.

Quik Sand
4/12/2011, 11:44 PM
Im not a Heat fan at all, just my observations on what I see transpiring.

JLEW1818
4/13/2011, 08:58 AM
Home court advantage will mean absolutely nothing in the Heat-Boston series. Boston plays defense... it won't matter. They don't depend on role players to have big games at home either.

Remember last year Boston didn't need homecourt in the east. Knocked out the Cavs and Magic. And stumbled against LA in a horrible game 7 without Perkins.

Teams that homecourt is huge for? Dallas, Denver, Atlanta

Sure it's better to play at home, but it wont be the deciding factor... Honestly, the deciding factor in the Boston-Miami series will be Chris Bosh.

JMO

yankee
4/13/2011, 05:15 PM
Boston isn't the same team without Kendrick Perkins patrolling the paint. It just seems to me a little wind has come out of their sails since he was traded. I don't think the East teams fear them as much as they used to, he made that much of a difference.

Curly Bill
4/13/2011, 09:33 PM
Chicago beats the Heat in 6, unless the NBA office has mandated to the officials that not happen, then all bets are off. :D

JLEW1818
4/14/2011, 10:12 AM
BOLD THE WINNER OF EACH ROUND

West
(1) Spurs vs. (8) Grizzlies
(2) Lakers vs. (7) Hornets
(3) Mavericks vs. (6) Blazers
(4) Thunder vs. (5) Nuggets

East
(1) Bulls vs. (8) Pacers
(2) Heat vs. (7) 76ers
(3) Celtics vs. (6) Knicks
(4) Magic vs. (5) Hawks

Conference Semi-Finals

West
(1) Spurs/(8) Grizzlies vs. (4) Thunder/(5) Nuggets
(2) Lakers/(7) Hornets vs. (3) Mavericks/(6) Blazers

East
(1) Bulls/(8) Pacers vs. (4) Magic/(5) Hawks
(2) Heat/(7) 76ers vs. (3) Celtics/(6) Knicks

Conference Finals

West
(1) Spurs/(4) Thunder/(5) Nuggets/(8) Grizzlies vs. (2) Lakers/(3) Mavericks/(6) Blazers/(7) Hornets

East
(1) Bulls/(4) Magic/(5) Hawks/(8) Pacers vs. (2) Heat/(3) Celtics/(6) Knicks/(7) 76ers

Finals
(1) Spurs/(2) Lakers/(3) Mavericks/(4) Thunder/(5) Nuggets/(6) Blazers/(7) Hornets/(8) Grizzlies vs. (1) Bulls/(2) Heat/(3) Celtics/(4) Magic/(5) Hawks/(6) Knicks/(7) 76ers(8) Pacers

JLEW1818
4/14/2011, 10:13 AM
First Round

West

East
(1) Bulls vs. (8) Pacers
(2) Heat vs. (7) 76ers
(4) Magic vs. (5) Hawks

Conference Semi-Finals

West

East

Conference Finals

West
(1) Spurs/(4) Thunder/(5) Nuggets/(8) Grizzlies vs. (2) Lakers/(3) Mavericks/(6) Blazers/(7) Hornets

East
(1) Bulls/(4) Magic/(5) Hawks/(8) Pacers vs. (2) Heat/(3) Celtics/(6) Knicks/(7) 76ers

Finals
(1) Spurs/(2) Lakers/(3) Mavericks/(4) Thunder/(5) Nuggets/(6) Blazers/(7) Hornets/(8) Grizzlies vs. (1) Bulls/(2) Heat/(3) Celtics/(4) Magic/(5) Hawks/(6) Knicks/(7) 76ers(8) Pacers

LAKERS OVER CELTICS, 1 MORE TIME

Curly Bill
4/14/2011, 11:19 AM
BOLD THE WINNER OF EACH ROUND

West

East
(1) Bulls vs. (8) Pacers
(2) Heat vs. (7) 76ers
(4) Magic vs. (5) Hawks

Conference Semi-Finals

West

East

Conference Finals

West

East

Finals

Bulls over Lakers

yankee
4/14/2011, 07:20 PM
My bold playoff prediction:

Jlew takes his hater obsession of Lebron to a whole new level. If that's even possible.

silverwheels
4/14/2011, 09:08 PM
People don't even show up to Heat games. I don't think they're going to have much of a home court advantage.

That said, I do think it's a toss-up between them and the Bulls. Wade by himself is better than the rest of the Cavaliers of the past few years combined, so LeBron's chances are much higher. And I'll take the Lakers from the West.

Collier11
4/14/2011, 09:29 PM
I think Boston lost their defensive edge when they added Green and Kristic, that is why I wont pick them. Im going Bulls vs Spurs

JLEW1818
4/16/2011, 03:59 PM
Bulls win game 1
they didn't look that good.

I still think Boston and Orlando play each other in the ECF for some reason

Collier11
4/16/2011, 04:41 PM
in the playoffs it doesnt matter how good you look, just that you win more games than the other team

Collier11
4/16/2011, 04:54 PM
Miami in trouble

Quik Sand
4/16/2011, 05:17 PM
West predictions:

(8) Memphis / (1) SA - SA 4-2

(7) NO / (2) LA - LA 4-0

(6) Portland / (3) Dallas - Portland 4-2

(5) Denver / (4) OKC - OKC 4-1

Memphis is a tough and scrappy team. Ginobli's injury makes this series that much more competitive. Z. Randolph will give SA fits. Duncan is not what he used to be and Blair is a midget for an inside guy. The Spurs will make enough perimeter shots to win a tough series. The Lakers will sweep...enough said. My upset for this playoff year is Portland. Portland's length will give Dallas fits. LA will keep Chandler in foul trouble. I think they get a split to open the series and take it in six...which is my bold prediction. The Denver/OKC series is the most anticipated in the first round. Both teams like to get out and push. OKC has the depth and toughness inside to matchup with anyone...including Martin and Nene. OKC should go up 2-0 making it 4 straight wins over Denver...planting a big seed of doubt. I expect Denver to take game 3 in a must win situation, OKC games 4 and 5.

Semi-finals

(4) OKC / (1) SA - SA 4-3

(6) Portland / (2) LA - LA 4-2

This series is contingent on the health of Ginobli. If he is 100%, the Spurs should take this one in a game 7 at home. If he is not healthy, this changes what the Spurs like to do and opens the door for OKC to march on. Either way it will be very tough for OKC to overcome the championship experience of SA. Portland is a matchup problem for LA and also LA struggles at the Rose Garden. The sweep of NO will get LA going and people will start to forget how they closed the regular season. The health of Bynum is key, but I do not think his injury is that serious. Ill take LA to close them out in Game 6 similar to how they closed us out last year.

Finals

(2) LA / (1) SA - LA 4-2

LA by this time will have it rolling. SA does not matchup well with LA. I think LA gets a split and then closes them out at home in Game 6.

NBA Finals

(2) LA / (2) Miami - LA 4-2

Miami does not hold any real homecourt advantage that intimidates anyone. LA will destroy Miami inside with Bynum and Gasol. LA will get at least one game in Miami. Ill take LA to win the title again, sending Phil out in style. OKC will open next season as a favorite to win the West.

JLEW1818
4/16/2011, 08:07 PM
in the playoffs it doesnt matter how good you look, just that you win more games than the other team

not all that true. I'm still not a bulls believer. Being down over 10 points in the 4th quarter to an 8 seed who has record below 500 should be a little scary.

D. Rose led them back for the Win, which was the most impressive.

Magic getting killed... yikes.

SoonerNate
4/17/2011, 12:35 AM
15 to go. BTW ESPN, STFU. The Heat do NOT play in South Beach.

JLEW1818
4/17/2011, 09:07 AM
:D

no team on Saturday really impressed me too much.... meaning, the 2nd round should all be at least 6-7 games.

Collier11
4/17/2011, 10:41 AM
not all that true. .

Its 100% true, at the end of the day if your team wins more than the other team then you advance and they dont, lol

Collier11
4/17/2011, 04:59 PM
Lakers stunner

Scott D
4/17/2011, 05:34 PM
My bold playoff prediction:

Jlew takes his hater obsession of Lebron to a whole new level. If that's even possible.

I'm going to cosign this post, and add on that there isn't enough psychological assistance to help jlew with this obsession and it will only get worse.

Collier11
4/17/2011, 05:41 PM
I hope the Heat win it all just so we can all see if Jlews head will truly explode

SoonerNate
4/17/2011, 06:13 PM
Don't worry, we will.

JLEW1818
4/17/2011, 07:55 PM
Lakers looked like a bunch of stinkers

i don't care for any team in this thing, as my rockets stunk.

I guess i wouldn't mind it if OKC won..... ?

SoonerNate
4/17/2011, 11:18 PM
OKC got a lucky interference no call but a great game. Congrats Thunder fans.

Collier11
4/18/2011, 08:39 PM
last time I checked we won by 4, not two...last time I checked the refs missed a basket interference call in the 2nd qt that went against us, last time I checked the Nuggets missed a buttload of FTs...there was nothing lucky about it.

yankee
4/18/2011, 08:57 PM
Miami up 2-0 after a beat down of Philly.

And OKC did not get lucky. That's just a cop out.

SoonerNate
4/19/2011, 12:13 AM
I am loving watching Chicago struggle against the 8 seed at home. By the time they play us they will be exhausted.

JLEW1818
4/19/2011, 10:34 AM
The Heat look like a contender because of their opponent.

i would say its worse to have it easy in the first round. by the second round the heat will show up thinking they can go through the motions and win. the bulls and celtics are already in fight mode.

The cavs blew it like this the last 2 seasons.

round 2 will be much different.

The Heat will still be a tough team to beat 4 times in a series... but somebody will.

yankee
4/19/2011, 08:19 PM
'Melo is putting the team on his back like Greg Jennings. Tied up game despite Amar'e and Billups not playing. Boston = Nowhere near as good as the last couple of seasons.

Collier11
4/19/2011, 08:24 PM
Hey Jlew, how you feel about the fact that your rockets just fired one of the better coaches in basketball....Brilliant!

SoonerNate
4/19/2011, 09:18 PM
The Heat look like a contender because of their opponent.

i would say its worse to have it easy in the first round. by the second round the heat will show up thinking they can go through the motions and win. the bulls and celtics are already in fight mode.

The cavs blew it like this the last 2 seasons.

round 2 will be much different.

The Heat will still be a tough team to beat 4 times in a series... but somebody will.

At this point only two teams I fear facing. Chicago and Oklahoma City. That place is so loud it's redic

Collier11
4/19/2011, 09:46 PM
and actually Jlew id say you are dead wrong, the Cavs didnt blow anything. The Magic were clearly better as were the Spurs

JLEW1818
4/20/2011, 08:40 PM
and actually Jlew id say you are dead wrong, the Cavs didnt blow anything. The Magic were clearly better as were the Spurs

we could debate that all night.

99% of fans would tell you the Cavs were better than magic and celtics before the playoffs started

I bet against them both times.

It's easy to say the other teams were better after the cavs lost.

You don't get the 1seed in the regular season two years in a row, and not reach the finals. That is called failing and lebron should be held accountable.

It's the people who ride the dick during those 2 regular seasons, and they jump off "because they lost/choked"

I think we all agreed last year before the postseason that if the Cavs didn’t reach the finals, it was a failure on Lebron’s part.
-see game 6 against boston = 9 turnovers

I of all people know the playoffs are a different game.. It's the people who don't think that during the regular season, and then after the choke job, try to use it as an excuse.

Quik Sand
4/21/2011, 01:56 PM
Tonight we get our first installment of the higher seeds going on the road. Curious to see if the underdogs can win. Tonight is all or nothing for Indiana and Phila. Neither will win the series anyway, but by them winning it will keep game 4 interesting.

yankee
4/22/2011, 12:22 AM
Goooooo Portland!

JLEW1818
4/22/2011, 01:18 PM
i hate the mavs, yes go Portland ... that could go 7 games

SoonerNate
4/22/2011, 01:24 PM
3 down one to go. LOL @ Philly

JLEW1818
4/22/2011, 01:32 PM
we saw this during the regular season against weak teams. will be much different against Boston... i think even heat fans would agree with that.

Round 2 in the east is going to be amazing!!!

SoonerNate
4/22/2011, 01:37 PM
we saw this during the regular season against weak teams. will be much different against Boston... i think even heat fans would agree with that.

Round 2 in the east is going to be amazing!!!

True. Had a couple beers with two Bostonians while watching the game last night and they still seem pretty confident that the Celtics will beat us. It should be a great series no doubt.

JLEW1818
4/22/2011, 01:45 PM
I'll say this ... if the following happens i'm a G

Heat beating up on crappy teams big deal, we saw this all season.

Heat 3-8 against Bulls/Celtics/Magic

Heat will lose to boston in 6 games.

If the Magic beat Atlanta, i will gurantee you they beat the bulls.

Lakers vs Boston 1 more time.

SoonerNate
4/22/2011, 01:48 PM
We'll beat Boston in either 6 or 7.

JLEW1818
4/22/2011, 11:12 PM
Lakers looked better than ever tonight

they really are scary when the bigs are on... they can't be beat 4 times in a series.

SoonerNate
4/23/2011, 12:29 AM
Rondo was sick last night

silverwheels
4/23/2011, 01:07 PM
New Orleans is just no match for L.A. down low. When you're playing Mbenga for significant amounts of time, you know your options are limited.

SoonerNate
4/23/2011, 07:36 PM
What is going on with San Antonio. Memphis is man handling them right now. Wow.

silverwheels
4/23/2011, 07:37 PM
They're old.

Collier11
4/23/2011, 07:47 PM
Dallas is the weakest minded team I have ever seen, this happens year after year, coach after coach, no matter who is on the team.

SoonerNate
4/24/2011, 12:23 AM
What a big statement by OKC. Wow.

Collier11
4/24/2011, 12:24 AM
Great win, Denver had about a 5 minute stretch that they coulda jumped up by 8-10 but couldnt capitalize, that was the difference

SoonerNate
4/24/2011, 12:28 AM
The tech call on Durant was absurd.

Collier11
4/24/2011, 12:43 AM
Im glad to see some attitude outta Russ and KD

Curly Bill
4/24/2011, 02:03 AM
I have been a Mavs fan for as long as they've existed I guess. When the Thunder came along I kind of had divided loyalties, though I leaned to favoring the Thunder because of the young exciting team, doing things right angle. Now, I can officially say I am first and foremost a Thunder fan. :D

SoonerNate
4/24/2011, 02:04 AM
Im glad to see some attitude outta Russ and KD

I can see that but from what I witnessed it didn't deserve a technical foul. Kobe gets away with much worse nearly every game.

Eielson
4/24/2011, 02:19 PM
Dallas is the weakest minded team I have ever seen, this happens year after year, coach after coach, no matter who is on the team.

While they certainly deserve some of the blame, Stern won't let them succeed.

Eielson
4/24/2011, 02:20 PM
I can see that but from what I witnessed it didn't deserve a technical foul. Kobe gets away with much worse nearly every game.

Kobe gets like 15-20 techs a year.

GrapevineSooner
4/24/2011, 02:47 PM
While they certainly deserve some of the blame, Stern won't let them succeed.

Stern doesn't have that power.

That said, another blatanly blown video review occurred yet again in Oregon yesterday that favored the home team.

SoonerNate
4/24/2011, 02:50 PM
I can't stand the Wahvericks. _allas sucks

Eielson
4/24/2011, 03:36 PM
Stern doesn't have that power.

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nba/news/story?id=6388692

SoonerNate
4/24/2011, 04:03 PM
Why do you watch it if you think it's rigged? OKC is a very small market city if Stern cared about fixing it he wouldn't have allowed the Thunder to become so good. Some of you with your conspiracy theories are just absurd. I recommend you get baker acted.

JLEW1818
4/24/2011, 04:21 PM
LOL MORE LEBRON CHOKE JOBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I CAN'T WAIT TILL BOSTON!!!!!!! HE MIGHT EVEN CRY THIS YEAR!!!!!!!!

1-8 shooting, down 3 with less than 10 seconds left. Stay hot kid.

SoonerNate
4/24/2011, 04:33 PM
LOL MORE LEBRON CHOKE JOBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I CAN'T WAIT TILL BOSTON!!!!!!! HE MIGHT EVEN CRY THIS YEAR!!!!!!!!

1-8 shooting, down 3 with less than 10 seconds left. Stay hot kid.

This loss is painless. We weren't going to win every game in the playoffs. Better to lose up 3-0 then next week vs that geriatric Boston club.

Collier11
4/24/2011, 06:28 PM
How are those Rockets doing Jlew? How about San Antonio? Lakers? Its funny that Lebron is a choker but the others arent, lol

Eielson
4/24/2011, 10:57 PM
Why do you watch it if you think it's rigged?

Because I'm not a Mav fan...

OKC is a very small market city if Stern cared about fixing it he wouldn't have allowed the Thunder to become so good. Some of you with your conspiracy theories are just absurd. I recommend you get baker acted.

I never said Stern had the power to make good players go to certain teams or stay away from others. He can't force teams to make trades, and he can't convince people to sign places they don't want to. Having said that, he does have a little bit of power with the lottery, and I think he took full advantage of that with Chicago/Rose. Other than that, I don't see how he could have much power.

That's completely different than sending a ref like Crawford to officiate games. There is overwhelming evidence that points toward something fishy going on between Crawford and Dallas. Don't act like this stuff happens. The Donaghy incident wasn't that long ago.

SoonerNate
4/24/2011, 11:14 PM
When Lebron and Wade are hoisting the trophy just how ruined will you feel?

You and I know it's going to happen whether it's this year, next year or both.

Eielson
4/25/2011, 12:07 AM
When Lebron and Wade are hoisting the trophy just how ruined will you feel?

You and I know it's going to happen whether it's this year, next year or both.

:confused:

Curly Bill
4/25/2011, 12:14 AM
Anyone who's watched the NBA for a number of years and doesn't think there's something funny happens with officiating is hiding their head in the sand.

SoonerNate
4/25/2011, 12:15 AM
:confused:

My bad, that was meant for JLew

JLEW1818
4/25/2011, 10:38 AM
Boston will win the East!!

sooner59
4/25/2011, 12:10 PM
Boston will win the East!!

If I was forced to bet money, this is what I would take.

SoonerNate
4/25/2011, 01:46 PM
West winner:
LA Lakers or OKC

East winner:
Boston or Miami

JLEW1818
4/26/2011, 08:47 AM
poor Spurs... :D

well, the end of the Tim Duncan era is here. 4 rings later.

silverwheels
4/26/2011, 09:12 AM
I'd rather play San Antonio than Memphis.

SoonerNate
4/26/2011, 07:06 PM

And give up home court advantage? GTFO

JLEW1818
4/26/2011, 08:27 PM
I don't think the Magic are done just yet. They can win game 6 in ATL... game 7 back at home

I really think they can beat the Bulls.

silverwheels
4/26/2011, 08:51 PM
And give up home court advantage? GTFO

Yeah. Doesn't seem to be doing much for the Spurs, does it? I think we match up better with SA now with Perkins and they're old and can't stay healthy. Memphis always gives us loads of trouble and are not old. Seems like a no-brainer to me.

silverwheels
4/26/2011, 08:54 PM
I don't think the Magic are done just yet. They can win game 6 in ATL... game 7 back at home

I really think they can beat the Bulls.

The Magic suck. Howard still has no real offensive game to speak of, and no one else seems to want to step up. I thought Atlanta was going to just lie down for them but they haven't.

JLEW1818
4/26/2011, 09:24 PM
Magic didn't look sucky tonight

101-76

if they can win in ATL, you gotta think they will win game 7 at home?

silverwheels
4/26/2011, 09:40 PM
Of course they didn't look sucky tonight. It was an elimination game in Orlando. They're still not very good. Neither is Atlanta, though, which may be the only thing that saves them in this series.

JLEW1818
4/27/2011, 08:22 AM
They are both way better than the Knicks, 76ers, and Pacers.

Orlando won 52 games this year. That's not bad at all.

If the Magic make it out, we can have a friendly bet against the bulls. I'll take the magic. :D

silverwheels
4/27/2011, 04:38 PM
52 games in a weak East.

JLEW1818
4/28/2011, 11:24 AM
Spurs and Magic still alive

Shakadoodoo
4/28/2011, 02:58 PM

Both teams have given us hell this year - I would much rather have Home Court Advantage!

silverwheels
4/28/2011, 09:17 PM
Both teams have given us hell this year - I would much rather have Home Court Advantage!

Yes, but we haven't played either team since we got Perkins, though, so there is that variable.

silverwheels
4/28/2011, 09:28 PM
Magic are out. Told you they sucked.

Eielson
4/28/2011, 11:05 PM
I think every team in the NBA would rather play Memphis than San Antonio. Orlando doesn't suck, either. I'm not saying they're amazing, but they definitely don't suck.

Collier11
4/28/2011, 11:15 PM
anyone who would rather play SA than Memphis is looney tunes

silverwheels
4/28/2011, 11:25 PM
It's about matchups. Memphis is a bad matchup for OKC. The Spurs aren't a great matchup, either, but they're getting old. It's a wash to me, even when taking home court into account.

And yes, the Magic do suck. Especially when they can't hit 3s.

Eielson
4/29/2011, 01:48 PM
What silverwheels is going through is called "getting caught up in the moment."

silverwheels
4/29/2011, 01:53 PM
What silverwheels is going through is called "getting caught up in the moment."

Uh, no. Good try, though.

Collier11
4/29/2011, 06:31 PM
We beat Memphis 4-2, SA goes 7

Shakadoodoo
4/29/2011, 08:20 PM
I am going for Memphis tonight! I would rather have Home Court Advantage. But if SA wins - that may be good too because most of them have Osteoporosis. We may whoop them worse!;)

silverwheels
4/29/2011, 11:36 PM
The Thunder went a combined 1-6 against Memphis and San Antonio. It was going to be very difficult no matter which team we played. I think it's going 7. The homer in me is picking the Thunder, but the Grizzlies are going to be a very tough out. Very.

GrapevineSooner
4/30/2011, 11:00 AM
Love how Dallas flopped against Golden State in 2007 but San Antonio has nothing to be ashamed of for losing to the Grizz.

Anytime a 1 seed loses to an 8 seed, it's a Manu Ginobli sized flop. :D

OK, maybe that's too harsh.

A J.J. Barea sized flop.

silverwheels
5/1/2011, 12:48 PM
So...yeah...anyone still think Memphis was obviously the better option for a second round opponent?

sooner59
5/1/2011, 02:30 PM
I can't remember the last time I have seen the Thunder play so poorly. Not just missed shots....lack of effort and idiotic mistakes. I don't think I've ever been so frustrated watching a bball game.

AlboSooner
5/1/2011, 02:52 PM
Im not an basketball guy, but it seemed as if Westbrook took many shots, and missed a bunch of them

Collier11
5/1/2011, 05:32 PM
Miami owns game 1

Eielson
5/1/2011, 06:31 PM
So...yeah...anyone still think Memphis was obviously the better option for a second round opponent?

You don't think San Antonio could've won game one?

JLEW1818
5/1/2011, 07:20 PM
nice win by heat, they really needed game 1 bad.

Don't give up on these Celtics tho. They lost game 1 in the Finals last year and took LA 7.

what's up with the Thunder? Memphis scares me, being a Rockets Fans.

Collier11
5/1/2011, 07:34 PM
did you shed tears Jlew?

JLEW1818
5/1/2011, 08:41 PM
not yet... :D

still got the bulls and lakers just incase :D

Collier11
5/1/2011, 09:26 PM
yea but you said Celts in 6, Heat would now have to lose 4 out of 5 for that to happen

silverwheels
5/1/2011, 10:04 PM
You don't think San Antonio could've won game one?

They could have, especially in San Antonio. I'm just saying Memphis was not the clear-cut best option for an opponent like so many thought, despite home court, which we no longer have.

JLEW1818
5/2/2011, 11:22 AM
yea but you said Celts in 6, Heat would now have to lose 4 out of 5 for that to happen

The cavs last year won game 1, and lost in 6 to boston. I know this team is not the Cavs.

If the Celtics win game 2, it's still at toss up.

Yes i think the Celtics were going to win this series. But more importantly, i hope they do win the championship, still got bulls/lakers, if they beat boston.

Eielson
5/3/2011, 12:20 AM
Wow. Of all teams, Dallas is the last one I'd have expected to get away with that call near the end (Kidd/Kobe). Oh well, I'm sure Crawford will make an appearance eventually.

yankee
5/3/2011, 01:34 AM
I want both the Mavs and Lakers to lose in this series. How can I make this happen?

ouleaf
5/3/2011, 10:40 AM
Wow. Of all teams, Dallas is the last one I'd have expected to get away with that call near the end (Kidd/Kobe). Oh well, I'm sure Crawford will make an appearance eventually.

Refs allowed both teams to play a pretty physical game I thought. Kidd was hugging Kobe a bit, but in live action as Kobe was running around Pau, got his feet tangled lost his balance and basically looked like he just ran into Pau more than anything.

Call really could have gone either way though. Lakers still had a chance for the win in the end and Kobe missed the game winner.

Eielson
5/3/2011, 03:12 PM
Refs allowed both teams to play a pretty physical game I thought. Kidd was hugging Kobe a bit, but in live action as Kobe was running around Pau, got his feet tangled lost his balance and basically looked like he just ran into Pau more than anything.

Call really could have gone either way though. Lakers still had a chance for the win in the end and Kobe missed the game winner.

I'll admit that I only saw the replay a few times, but I didn't look to me like Kobe ever ran into Pau. Kidd was grabbing him, and it looked like he got tangled up with Kobe, and then bumped into Pau, which knocked the ball out. How the game was called as a whole is irrelevant when you consider the call that Dirk had just gotten on the previous end. Don't get me wrong, that was a foul, but it was just as much of one on the other end. I'm not too bothered by it, though. Like I said earlier, I'm sure the refs will give the overall advantage to the Lakers by the time the series is over. I would've enjoyed the Mavs getting a playoff foul in their favor if it wasn't against my team.

yankee
5/3/2011, 08:34 PM
Miami up 2-0. JLEW is nervous.

Collier11
5/3/2011, 09:17 PM
Jlew shed tears tonight

JLEW1818
5/3/2011, 09:31 PM
I'll be the first one to admit that I'm very surprised that the series did not split these first two games.

Boston has some serious work to do.

and I'm not a Bulls believer either.

Eielson
5/4/2011, 12:50 AM
and I'm not a Bulls believer either.

Me either...and Memphis, OKC, and Dallas can't knock off the Heat.

SoonerNate
5/4/2011, 12:55 AM
Me either...and Memphis, OKC, and Dallas can't knock off the Heat.

:D

JLEW1818
5/5/2011, 10:05 AM
well dallas is up 2-0 to the lakers

either way

we get to see the fall of the lakers, or yet another choke job by dallas.

I'm happy either way.

GrapevineSooner
5/5/2011, 12:25 PM
well dallas is up 2-0 to the lakers

either way

we get to see the fall of the lakers, or yet another choke job by dallas.

I'm happy either way.

A lot of basketball yet to be played. But I think Dallas went a long way towards showing the 'one and done' label won't apply to this season with their Game 6 win in Portland.

LA's going to have to earn it to win the series, and I don't know that they have that gear left in them.

They looked cooked at the end of Game 2.

yankee
5/5/2011, 03:43 PM
No Ron Ron in Game 3 either. But that might not be a bad thing...

ouleaf
5/6/2011, 08:45 AM
No Ron Ron in Game 3 either. But that might not be a bad thing...

Will be interesting to see what Phil does? Does he start Odom? Or does he keep him in the 6th man role and start someone like Barnes? Or does he move Kobe over to the 3 and start Shannon Brown at SG?

JLEW1818
5/6/2011, 11:11 AM
the real question is will the refs bring LA back ?

ouleaf
5/6/2011, 11:52 AM
the real question is will the refs bring LA back ?

Haha....good point....Refs have let both teams play and swallowed their whistles the first two games. That is usually something that would go against the Mavs in playoffs past.

Curly Bill
5/6/2011, 12:00 PM
More games does equal more $$$, LA is one of the league darlings, while Mark Cuban is hated in the league offices...I say there's a good chance the Lakers get some calls the next two games.

Eielson
5/6/2011, 04:21 PM
Donaghy seems to think the Lakers will win, so...

colleyvillesooner
5/7/2011, 06:24 AM
1 more win. Would love to see Mavs/Thunder WCF.

JLEW1818
5/7/2011, 11:58 AM
Well.... it's looking like Stern will never get his Kobe vs Lebron Finals......

(unless D. Howard goes to the Lakers in a trade next year)

Collier11
5/7/2011, 12:36 PM
we are seeing a changing of the guard a bit in the NBA

JLEW1818
5/7/2011, 11:13 PM
Boston wins game 3

if boston wins game 4 the Heat could choke game 5 at home. Remember, Lebrick is still on the team.

:D ;)

GrapevineSooner
5/8/2011, 09:15 AM
Apparently, Rajon Rondo is Gumby.

Lord knows if I dislocated an elbow like that, I'd be done.

JLEW1818
5/8/2011, 10:47 AM
yah that was Willis McGahee sick...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9-KkUH8yt8

Collier11
5/8/2011, 11:08 AM
Boston is really regretting letting Miami overtake them for home court, and Scott Brooks needs to quit worrying about Westbrooks feelings and remind him that KD is the man on this team

Eielson
5/8/2011, 04:26 PM
1 more win. Would love to see Mavs/Thunder WCF.

I can't believe Stern actually let that happen :(

colleyvillesooner
5/8/2011, 04:45 PM
You stay classy LA. Pieces of **** can't lose like champions.

Eielson
5/8/2011, 05:31 PM
Those fouls really weren't even that bad.

JLEW1818
5/8/2011, 05:56 PM
bye Phil

soonerhubs
5/8/2011, 05:57 PM
Those fouls really weren't even that bad.

Compared to prison ball? :rolleyes:

yankee
5/8/2011, 07:14 PM
Love taps. Nothing more. Nice flop by Dirk.

JLEW1818
5/8/2011, 07:25 PM
congrats to Dallas.

Eielson
5/8/2011, 07:29 PM
Compared to prison ball? :rolleyes:

Compared to any kind of basketball I've played since middle school. If Barea were American he would've bounced right back up instead of playing dead.

soonerhubs
5/8/2011, 08:24 PM
:D Spearing: It's just a part of basketball these days.

tulsaoilerfan
5/8/2011, 09:22 PM
Compared to any kind of basketball I've played since middle school. If Barea were American he would've bounced right back up instead of playing dead.

Yeah it's perfectly acceptable for a 7 foot tall dude to stick his elbow in the chest of a guy that's not even 6 ft tall; Bynum needs his *** kicked

tulsaoilerfan
5/8/2011, 09:23 PM
And thank god we won't have to hear any more of Phil's whining about the refs; everytime they lose a playoff game he's crying about fouls not being called

GrapevineSooner
5/9/2011, 01:58 PM
On the dirtiness scale where McHale's clothesline of Rambis was an 8 and Kermit Washington's punch on Rudy T was a 10, I rate Odom's shot a 5 and Bynum's a 7.

I've seen worse. But both Odom and Bynum are punks.

Says something when Artest seems composed compared to them.

GrapevineSooner
5/9/2011, 02:13 PM
And I'm sorry Phil Jackson. The Mavs are for real.

yankee
5/9/2011, 02:18 PM
LOL, if Bynum's was a 7, then Odom's was about a 1.5. Dirk sold the hit (like normal). Seriously, guys get hit harder at the Huff every day than that hit.

Eielson
5/9/2011, 03:20 PM
At Hardwood, the place where the best basketball players in Tulsa are groomed, a foul like that isn't even a big deal. In fact, some coaches teach their bigs to do that when little guards are getting to the basket easily. I'm not saying it's right, but what happened to Barea and Dirk wasn't even a big deal. Especially Dirk. What happened to Dirk doesn't even get called a foul a lot of times.

SoonerNate
5/9/2011, 03:42 PM
So Bynum will be suspended for 3 games next October.

They need a new NBA rule:

If you are suspended for a game in the playoffs, not only are you suspended during a few of the next regular season games but you also are automatically suspended for 2 games in the playoffs the subsequent season should you get there. If not, you are fined the cost of two games at the end of the season.

SoonerNate
5/9/2011, 09:07 PM
LEBRON JAMES IS GOD

JLEW1818
5/9/2011, 10:18 PM
that's a little too far. If Rondo makes that layup, the media is once again on Lebron James for the turnover under 20 seconds with the score then tied up.

but all that aside... b/c i ****ing hate IF'S

what we saw tonight is what Lebron James is capable of. He is great for 3 1/2 quarters usually always. Tonight he finished. And he finished when it mattered. Great Coaches will tell their stars the same thing.... "if you give it time, the other team will give the game away." This is exactly what happened tonight. The Celtics had their chances to blow this game out of the water. Miami never allowed that to happen. They always hung around, and never let the game get out of hand. Lebron James kept them in the game, not D Wade.

Lebron still has al ong ways to go. But tonight is the way you become A GREAT in the postseason. Yes he has always put up great postseason stats... many players have. But tonight, if you actually know the game of basketball, you saw other things that needed to be done by Lebron, and he did them. I give him 100% credit tonight. He ended this Boston Celtics team forever. He took what was given, and he executed.... easier said than done right? This is what he always lacked. He executed it tonight.

Long ways to go. There has truly not been a 100% dominant team this postseason besides Dallas, with a Miami a close second. I wouldn't bet on any team in the Conference Finals. It should be fun.

Credit to Lebron James for tonight.

Eielson
5/9/2011, 10:26 PM
I can't believe what I just read.

JLEW1818
5/9/2011, 10:28 PM
I'm very stupid... but I'm not an idiot :D

this was just one night. credit due.

JLEW1818
5/11/2011, 09:23 AM
big games tonight.

yankee
5/11/2011, 02:09 PM
Gonna be fun.

Collier11
5/11/2011, 09:04 PM
Lebron is starting to realize that he is the Magic of this generation, that is dangerous for the league if he sticks with it

yankee
5/11/2011, 09:09 PM
Jlew is passed out drunk on his floor somewhere. Sorry, guy.

JLEW1818
5/11/2011, 09:12 PM
great game. Boston really gave that away. Man, can Green even catch a ball? wtf lol.

Credit to Lebron. but don't get all excited.. just round2 :D

Collier11
5/11/2011, 09:23 PM
pretty sure you said they would bow out in round 2 in 6 games, so...

JLEW1818
5/11/2011, 09:24 PM
yah, both my finals teams are out. bad luck this year. Great luck in previous years.

Collier11
5/11/2011, 09:27 PM
your picks the last year have been pretty bad :D

JLEW1818
5/11/2011, 09:31 PM
The post-Michael Jordan era officially is over

on 5/11/2011

NBA Finals will be without Kobe, Shaq, or Tim Duncan for 1st time since 1998.

yankee
5/11/2011, 09:46 PM
your picks the last year have been pretty bad :D

My picks were bad last year and everyone let me know about it afterwards. :D

Collier11
5/11/2011, 09:50 PM
mine were too

Eielson
5/11/2011, 11:03 PM
My picks were really good last year. This year...not so much.

SoonerNate
5/11/2011, 11:47 PM
That's payback for Rondo's act during the regular season.

JLEW1818
5/13/2011, 10:28 AM
Bulls in 7

Boozer/Noah dominate the paint

Scott D
5/13/2011, 12:20 PM
pretty sure someone here said the grizz would be good in the preseason....even if he was joking :D

and more importantly....pau gasol gets to watch marc have a longer playoff run step :D

JLEW1818
5/14/2011, 09:09 AM
i hope the Thunder don't blow it

Collier11
5/14/2011, 11:22 AM
they had the wobbly legs lastnight much like Memphis is game 5

GrapevineSooner
5/14/2011, 11:54 AM
FWIW, I just saw a stat posted that teams that go the distance and win a 7 game series only win 46% of the time the following round.

I can still remember that catching up with the Mavs in Game 6 of the 2003 WCF when Steve Kerr single handily won that game for the Spurs and the Mavs had no answer.

In 2006, Dallas caught a break because Phoenix came into the WCF off back to back series that went the full 7 games. And much like the Mavs in 2003, they couldn't hold a big lead and ran out of gas in the 4th quarter of the clinching Game 6.

That all having been said, I would have rather OKC closed out Memphis so the Mavs don't have any more down time. A full week is enough.

JLEW1818
5/15/2011, 09:33 PM
stay hot heat.

Collier11
5/16/2011, 09:58 PM
How those Rockets doin? :D

Thunder need to get game 1, game 1 is huge

JLEW1818
5/17/2011, 10:42 AM
i don't wanna have to cheer for Dallas over Miami

I'm hoping for Thunder-Bulls.

Collier11
5/18/2011, 10:00 PM
You gettin scurred yet Jlew, the Heat are 3 min from going home tied 1-1

Collier11
5/18/2011, 10:07 PM
your boy Lebron just iced it Jlew, home-court advantage is gone

Collier11
5/18/2011, 10:10 PM
Jlew tears

SoonerNate
5/18/2011, 10:33 PM
Hey JLew, DOS MINUTOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JLEW1818
5/20/2011, 09:25 AM
not scared

i still think it has to be Bulls in 7, or Heat in 6

nothing else

As for Thunder, great job last night.

Collier11
5/20/2011, 12:22 PM
If the Heat make the Finals will you cry?

JLEW1818
5/20/2011, 01:49 PM
i don't want to have to pick between Dallas and Miami

SoonerNate
5/20/2011, 02:11 PM
i don't want to have to pick between Dallas and Miami

Miami matches up better with OKC than Dallas. As for OKC, they match up better with Chicago than Miami.

JLEW1818
5/21/2011, 07:06 PM
does the winner tonight win the series?

StoopTroup
5/21/2011, 07:12 PM
Why can't you just do a Game 3 ?

This sucks. :D

JLEW1818
5/22/2011, 10:36 AM
man yall were getting killed when i turned it on... and almost came all the way back.

game 4 must win for Thunder, or series over.

SoonerofAlabama
5/22/2011, 10:57 AM
Who is watching the Heat-Bulls Game tonight?

StoopTroup
5/22/2011, 11:17 AM
man yall were getting killed when i turned it on... and almost came all the way back.

game 4 must win for Thunder, or series over.

Yall?

I wasn't playing JLEW

JLEW1818
5/22/2011, 12:14 PM
I tend to pull for the Thunder over the other teams.. If the Rockets are not playing

my hopeful is Thunder vs Bulls

and yes I'm watching Bulls-Heat tonight

SoonerofAlabama
5/22/2011, 01:24 PM
Might have to wait a few years, but I can't wait to see Blake play in the playoffs.

GrapevineSooner
5/22/2011, 02:15 PM
Might have to wait a few years, but I can't wait to see Blake play in the playoffs.

When he leaves the Clip Joint, you'll get your wish.

SoonerofAlabama
5/22/2011, 02:23 PM
Who knows, that could be very soon. They might trade him for Craig Brackins and two second-rounders. Their management is terrible.

JLEW1818
5/22/2011, 02:38 PM
Lakers could go all in on him... but dunno if the Clippers will ever trade him to the other locker room in Staples.

Collier11
5/22/2011, 02:45 PM
Rumors floating around on SI.com that Russell believes he is better than Durant, we are gonna have to squash that ego if its true or else Westbrook will be gone cus they arent gettin rid of Durant

SoonerofAlabama
5/22/2011, 02:51 PM
Wouldn't be a secret. Westbrook tries to be the hero. Last night it worked a little better, but he is no KD.

Scott D
5/22/2011, 05:49 PM
Lakers could go all in on him... but dunno if the Clippers will ever trade him to the other locker room in Staples.

never underestimate how cheap and pathetic Donald Sterling can be. Right now the best thing for that franchise would be for Sterling to kick the bucket.

SoonerofAlabama
5/22/2011, 06:15 PM
That is true that a change is needed, but he doesn't have to die.

Scott D
5/22/2011, 06:31 PM

He won't relinquish control so long as he draws breath. He's the NBA's version of Bill Wirtz except he's actually worse. Wirtz at least had the fallback that the Blackhawks had a fanatical following in spite of his cost cutting measures that did nothing but increase the profits in his pocket. Just take a look at what has happened with that franchise since Bill passed away and his son Rocky took over.

yankee
5/22/2011, 07:39 PM
Rumors floating around on SI.com that Russell believes he is better than Durant, we are gonna have to squash that ego if its true or else Westbrook will be gone cus they arent gettin rid of Durant

I bet it's the media just trying to stir **** up.

Collier11
5/22/2011, 08:07 PM

David Sterling is a POS, I am not saying I want him to die but by all accounts he is a horrible person

Collier11
5/22/2011, 09:46 PM
Lebron is 2 games from playing for an NBA title if the Heat hold this 13 pt lead, The only thing that would make me happy if the Thunder dont win it all is if Lebron does just so Jlew has to publicly denounce his own hatred of Lebron :D

JLEW1818
5/22/2011, 10:10 PM
Bosh is the MVP of this series, so far.

TT has to have his boys ready to win game 4. Rose has to have a MVP game. The Miami defense that i saw tonight was the best i have ever seen. very very scary

SoonerNate
5/23/2011, 12:16 PM
Our **** doesn't stink

Scott D
5/23/2011, 07:38 PM
David Sterling is a POS, I am not saying I want him to die but by all accounts he is a horrible person

psst it's Donald Sterling, and I'm not saying I want him to die...I'm saying that the only way the Clippers as a franchise can ever move forward and be respectable as a franchise is for him to die. As for being a horrible person, he's about as much of a scumbag as one can be without being Hitler, or bin Laden.

JLEW1818
5/23/2011, 11:25 PM
lol at Westbrook, what a pure choker. He is my new Lebron in the future.

HARDEN ALL DAY OVER WESTBROOK

Curly Bill
5/23/2011, 11:28 PM
lol at Westbrook, what a pure choker. He is my new Lebron in the future.

HARDEN ALL DAY OVER WESTBROOK

Westbrook is a great open court player. He is not as of yet a very good half court offensive player, and late in close playoff games you have to be able to score in the half court. Durant somewhat fits here as well, but he's not near as limited as Westbrook in the half court.

Harden is a good half court offensive player, so what you said has some truth to it.

JLEW1818
5/23/2011, 11:30 PM
BUT

i would be glad to have Westbrook in Houston.. :D

Curly Bill
5/23/2011, 11:35 PM
Westbrook is a very good player, he's likely gonna end up a great player. He's just not a point guard right now. He needs to develop a more consistent outside shot, be more consistent at setting up teammates, and there are times where his decision making is quite questionable. He'll get better at all these things.

JLEW1818
5/23/2011, 11:37 PM
agree

Curly Bill
5/23/2011, 11:40 PM
You just always have a sense that J Kidd is in control of things when he's running the point, that he knows exactly what to do. Westbrook not so much, but Kidd's got 50 years experience on him, plus Kidd is also a natural PG.

Eielson
5/23/2011, 11:50 PM
I only watched part of the game, and I'll admit that I don't watch much NBA anymore, but never do I think of Durant as on the same level as Kobe, Lebron, Wade, etc. That shot at the end of regulation was absolutely horrible.

Curly Bill
5/23/2011, 11:53 PM
Durant is not a great one-on-one player. With a good defender he has some trouble getting good shots. I think the Thunder should use him more like the Mavs use Dirk - putting him in pick & roll, and posting him around the FT area.

SoonerNate
5/24/2011, 12:10 AM
Westbrook is a very good player, he's likely gonna end up a great player. He's just not a point guard right now. He needs to develop a more consistent outside shot, be more consistent at setting up teammates, and there are times where his decision making is quite questionable. He'll get better at all these things.

Well stated. It's scary how good he will become. You guys should be so fired up for this team. It's not like they are an old team that is blowing their peak at a title opportunity. The sky is the limit for the Thunder.

Curly Bill
5/24/2011, 12:15 AM
I'm a fan of both teams. I'm excited for how well the Mavs are doing, and the Thunder too for that matter, though tonight was disapponting, but their future is potentially so bright.

NormanPride
5/24/2011, 02:25 PM
As an impartial viewer who feels about the same about both teams, I say this:

Pick either Westbrook or Coach Brooks. They seem to be like oil and water and with both the Thunder will never be great. Brooks can't run his offense with an idiot like Westbrook at the point, and Westbrook is too talented and dynamic to play in an offense that needs the ball to go through someone else.

Just IMO.

Collier11
5/24/2011, 04:42 PM
Westbrook is 22, Thanks

Scott D
5/24/2011, 06:41 PM
Well at his age the question is where he will go with his development. Some guys are capable of changing their game to fit a role, other guys struggle with it and end up elsewhere that fits their inability to adapt their game. Westbrook is going to reach that point very soon.

To answer the Westbrook v. Brooks question, it comes down to which is more important to ownership/management...the money invested in the player, or the success and philosophy of the coach fitting the vision.

Collier11
5/24/2011, 08:09 PM
My point is that I dont think it is time to rid ourselves of one or the other, both are young in their careers and you hope that both will progress. Each have shortcomings but nothing that cant be fixed if they want to fix them

JLEW1818
5/24/2011, 10:45 PM
Rose chokes big time

Lebron guards Rose in the 4th and overtime, Rose shutdown

credit to James.

Bosh is the MVP of this series. So many clutch shots.

Collier11
5/25/2011, 09:45 PM
Its amazing how Westbrook is getting killed nationally and the MVP of the league isnt getting hardly any criticism yet I would argue he is playing worse than Westbrook

AlboSooner
5/25/2011, 10:13 PM
Its amazing how Westbrook is getting killed nationally and the MVP of the league isnt getting hardly any criticism yet I would argue he is playing worse than Westbrook

couldn't agree more. It's all about the fan base though. You make mad a few Okie Thunder fans, nobody in management gets mad. I mean who frets a Berry Tramel column? But you make Chicago fans mad, and the president might get involved. and the Bulls were favored to win the series, with the best record in the league, and with the MVP

JLEW1818
5/26/2011, 10:04 AM
i think Westbrook gets more b/c he actually talks

D. Rose it pretty much a mute

Collier11
5/26/2011, 07:51 PM
If we dont re-sign Westbrook we will regret it

Scott D
5/26/2011, 09:43 PM
honestly, it would depend on who they replaced Westbrook with. He wouldn't be the first player to write his own ticket out of town because of his mouth, and he wouldn't be the last.

Collier11
5/26/2011, 09:49 PM
what has he said that would get him out of town?

On another note, is this where Miami takes over like they did against Boston? Down 6 late

silverwheels
5/26/2011, 09:50 PM
Westbrook said that he loves OKC and wants to stay. That will earn him a one-way ticket outta here.

Collier11
5/26/2011, 09:52 PM
well if thats what that bastard said, get a rope

Collier11
5/26/2011, 10:08 PM
Isnt it unreal how much the Bulls look like the Thunder, young and really good but...Young

yankee
5/26/2011, 10:09 PM
Rose chokes big time

Lebron guards Rose in the 4th and overtime, Rose shutdown

credit to James.

Bosh is the MVP of this series. So many clutch shots.

Lol even when you compliment Lebron, you still manage to diss him. He is by far the MVP of this series. And you wanna talk about clutch? Dude has been MONEY in the 4th quarter this series. Bosh has been great (finally) this series, but Lebron is no doubt the MVP.

yankee
5/26/2011, 10:10 PM
Lebron. James. :pop:

Collier11
5/26/2011, 10:10 PM
Lebron may not hit a ton of last second shots but he is one of the best in the league at hitting big shots in the last 5 minutes

yankee
5/26/2011, 10:13 PM
Yup.

Collier11
5/26/2011, 10:13 PM
Rose chokes, Jlew is near tears

Collier11
5/26/2011, 10:18 PM
Jlew, dont do it man, its not worth it :D

Lebron averaged 25.8ppg, 7.8 rpg, and 6.6 ast in the Eastern Finals...yep, he is a choker

silverwheels
5/26/2011, 10:31 PM
Yay, Heat-Mavericks. I hope the lockout starts right now.

Collier11
5/26/2011, 10:34 PM
I have to admit, since the Thunder cant win it there is no one I would rather see win it than the Heat unlike the Yankees and Lakers, I actually enjoy the Miami show...plus, it is funny to see Jlew squirm

Curly Bill
5/26/2011, 11:44 PM
Come on Mavs, but I have a bad feeling the NBA honchos want Miami to win. I'm betting the offocials put Wade on the FT line even before they tip off the opening game. :D

JLEW1818
5/28/2011, 12:46 AM
A HUGE CHOKER, b4 this postseason.

He has taken the next next step. The step i deep down knew would come at sometime.

:(

it was great run of my hate. come on Mavs give me 1 more season of it.

Collier11
5/28/2011, 12:10 PM
The thing is Jlew, he has closed games before this year, he just had a tough regular season this season...and remember when I told you that the regular season didnt matter and you disagreed...well look at the last two teams the Heat just beat and how they did against them in the regular season...

The way this Heat team is starting to really Gel here in the playoffs is scary for the league

JLEW1818
5/28/2011, 12:14 PM
yes, but this Heat team is rare exception. so yes you were right on them. But i think my logic was right going into it.

If i would have bet on Boston-Miami, i would have lost a bunch of money.

Collier11
5/28/2011, 12:19 PM
Well I would agree, it is not often that a team has 3 Superstars who are trying to become a team...but in this case I felt it was pretty accurate

JLEW1818
5/28/2011, 12:22 PM
dallas vs lebron is a nightmare matchup for me. i'm just not gonna watch and hope for the best?

Collier11
5/28/2011, 12:24 PM
Im excited about the matchup because it is bigtime even though im not necessarily a fan of either...I got into the good ol' argument yesterday with a buddy at worka bout cheering for a rival. He was pissed that I would root for Miami, I just can never bring myself to cheer for a #1 rival of my team

JLEW1818
6/2/2011, 04:14 PM
http://www.nba.com/news/referee.html
Referee Assignments
Jun. 2, 2011
Dallas @ Miami--Joe Crawford, Ed Malloy, Ken Mauer