PDA

View Full Version : What? No MLB thread? Ok, Your...someone's Boston Red Sox......

BudSooner
4/10/2011, 05:57 PM
Do I have to say it? :D

ouleaf
4/11/2011, 08:59 AM
I have an NL team (Cardinals) and an AL team (Rangers) that i follow. Cardinals have been off to a disappointing start. They just haven't been hitting the ball very well as a team or individually. Hopefully the return of Matt Holliday will help out with that.

Rangers have shot out of the gate and hold the best record in baseball. The team chemistry really seems to have picked up right where it left off last year. I'm thinking John Daniels is growing into one of, if not the best GMs in the league. Seems like every move he's made lately has been solid. Napoli has been great. Beltre is an obvious upgrade defensively at 3B. Torrealba is solid behind the plate.

The biggest surprise though has to be the bottom half of the rotation really stepping up and pitching great. Ogando, Harrison, and Holland have been great, and the Rangers right now lead the league in ERA.

Definitely going to make it out to the temple in Arlington for some great baseball. Still haven't seen the upgrades they've made to the ballpark yet either.

GrapevineSooner
4/12/2011, 08:18 AM
The biggest surprise though has to be the bottom half of the rotation really stepping up and pitching great. Ogando, Harrison, and Holland have been great, and the Rangers right now lead the league in ERA.

It's been suggested that this trio be called H20.

I don't disagree.

ouleaf
4/12/2011, 10:26 AM

I don't disagree.

I think the Phillies already coined that last year with Hamels, Halladay, and Oswalt.

texaspokieokie
4/13/2011, 07:58 AM

I don't disagree.

that's about as clever as the famous"claw & antlers".

rangers took a hit yesterday.

ouleaf
4/13/2011, 09:03 AM
geesh....that sucks to lose Hamilton, but he seems to have 1 injury per year so, if this is that 1 injury, I guess I'm glad it's at the front of the year. The Rangers still have the fire-power to compete without him, and if the rotation keeps pitching as well as it has they will be fine.

Look for Murphy to get more playing time and he has a knack for stepping up when called into action. Rangers also calling up Chris Davis, who as always tears it up in AAA, but whenever he gets called up to the majors he can't seem to hit anything.

JLEW1818
4/13/2011, 09:09 AM
Stros!

Scott D
4/17/2011, 05:39 PM
Stros!

were eliminated from postseason contention back in January.

CrimsonRez
5/6/2011, 04:11 AM
Yanks!

GrapevineSooner
5/8/2011, 09:14 AM
Yanks!

The House in Vegas! ;)

GrapevineSooner
5/11/2011, 05:32 PM
So Mitch Moreland's grand slam today off Gio Gonzalez never happened officially.

Makes me wonder why they even started the game given what the radar looked like at first pitch. But whatever.

ouleaf
5/11/2011, 08:07 PM
So Mitch Moreland's grand slam today off Gio Gonzalez never happened officially.

Makes me wonder why they even started the game given what the radar looked like at first pitch. But whatever.

Total Bullsh

It was a freaking 1pm start....there was still plenty of day left to resume play later in the evening....Both teams have an off day tomorrow too. There was no reason to postpone after playing into the 4th inning.

texaspokieokie
5/12/2011, 07:08 AM
Total Bullsh

It was a freaking 1pm start....there was still plenty of day left to resume play later in the evening....Both teams have an off day tomorrow too. There was no reason to postpone after playing into the 4th inning.

it looked like it was gonna be a 4 hour delay, with no guarantee that it was gonna get any better.

Rangers should've built a domed stadium. not really for rain, mostly for the heat.

texaspokieokie
5/25/2011, 11:02 AM
Ranger officials have a hard time deciding when to call a "rain-out".