PDA

View Full Version : WHOOPIE! No Change. In fact, PAY MORE!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
4/10/2011, 02:15 PM
Saudi Minister: Oil Could Spike to $300 a Barrel

Former Saudi oil minister Sheikh Zaki Yamani says oil prices could soar to at least $200 or even to $300 a barrel if Saudi Arabia suffers serious political unrest.

Following protests last month calling for political reforms in the kingdom, Yamani told Reuters that underlying discontent remains unresolved.

“If something happens in Saudi Arabia, [oil] will go to $200 to $300,” he declared. “I don’t expect this for the time being, but who would have expected Tunisia?

“I think there are some surprises on the horizon.”

Yamani, who was responsible for Saudi oil policy from 1962 to 1986, spoke at a London conference of the Centre for Global Energy Studies, which he chairs.

In March, King Abdullah offered $93 billion in handouts to Saudis in an effort to avert the domestic turmoil seen in much of the Arab world.

But Jaafar Al Taie, managing director of Manaar Energy Consulting — which advises foreign oil firms operating in the region — said: “I don’t think that what the king is doing now is sufficient to prevent an uprising. Saudi Arabia is a time bomb, but one that is constantly being reset.”

A headline in The Daily Mail last week disclosed: “Oil prices hit all-time high in Britain,” reaching the equivalent of $121 a barrel.

From Newsmax.4-10-11

StoopTroup
4/10/2011, 02:18 PM
Sounds like someone is afraid we won't help or sell them Fighter jets.

Boarder
4/10/2011, 04:00 PM
The SAUDI OIL MINISTER from 25 years ago...

Whet
4/10/2011, 04:53 PM
Let's hope George Soros and his minions in the current administration did not pick up on this guys thoughts. Otherwise, they will try to forment an uprising!

yermom
4/10/2011, 05:06 PM
democracy is only for countries with dictators we don't like

StoopTroup
4/10/2011, 05:08 PM
Let's hope George Soros and his minions in the current administration did not pick up on this guys thoughts. Otherwise, they will try to forment an uprising!

So you are OK with the Saudis as long as they sell us cheap oil?

GKeeper316
4/10/2011, 05:16 PM
oil is not an infinite resource.

its gonna dry up at some point.

olevetonahill
4/10/2011, 05:25 PM

Prove it Gomer.

Whet
4/10/2011, 06:17 PM
So you are OK with the Saudis as long as they sell us cheap oil?

Yes.

4/10/2011, 07:04 PM
Sounds like someone is afraid we won't help or sell them Fighter jets.I doubt we will, don't you? They would be fighting the jihadis, and we sure don't want that, do we?

StoopTroup
4/10/2011, 07:24 PM
Yes.

I keep remembering when they gave us an ultimatum to get our military bases out.

picasso
4/10/2011, 07:41 PM

Not any time soon.

4/10/2011, 07:51 PM
I keep remembering when they gave us an ultimatum to get our military bases out.The "rebels" would rather cut our heads off. I'll take a rich king selling us oil over a Scimitar-carrying Islamist intending to shut down the flow.

olevetonahill
4/10/2011, 07:55 PM
Not any time soon.

This^
Hell it was Named a Fossil Fuel way back when that was the best description. Now they not even sure WHERE it comes from

soonerbrat
4/10/2011, 08:29 PM
yep. good time to move within walking distance of work.

Boarder
4/10/2011, 09:24 PM
If the opposition is only carrying scimitars, I say we take over the country now. Indiana Jones showed the futility of that weapon.

olevetonahill
4/10/2011, 09:25 PM
yep. good time to move within walking distance of work.

But IF work cant eventually SELL whatever product its makin it aint gonna matter ;)

GKeeper316
4/10/2011, 09:30 PM
This^
Hell it was Named a Fossil Fuel way back when that was the best description. Now they not even sure WHERE it comes from

they know exactly where it comes from, and how to artificially reproduce it ffs.

we have the technology to turn all our waste into pure clean oil. no need to drill offshore or on. just converting our agricultural waste into oil will completely end our dependence on foreign oil, but w and his boys dont own that technology, so they need to protect the status quo which makes them rich.

GKeeper316
4/10/2011, 09:31 PM
Prove it Gomer.

it doesn't go on forever, therefore, is not infinite. it will dry up eventually. probably not in our lifetime or even that of our grandchildren's grandchildren, but to think it will never ever run out just defies logic.

soonerbrat
4/10/2011, 09:36 PM
But IF work cant eventually SELL whatever product its makin it aint gonna matter ;)

i think there's a big market for oil & gas right now....I should get a raise...

OutlandTrophy
4/10/2011, 09:53 PM
they know exactly where it comes from, and how to artificially reproduce it ffs.

we have the technology to turn all our waste into pure clean oil. no need to drill offshore or on. just converting our agricultural waste into oil will completely end our dependence on foreign oil, but w and his boys dont own that technology, so they need to protect the status quo which makes them rich.

what? this is interesting, do you have any links where I could read up on this technology?

olevetonahill
4/10/2011, 10:44 PM
it doesn't go on forever, therefore, is not infinite. it will dry up eventually. probably not in our lifetime or even that of our grandchildren's grandchildren, but to think it will never ever run out just defies logic.

That presumes You Know exactly How its produced and where it comes from :rolleyes:

olevetonahill
4/10/2011, 10:46 PM

Did you just ax Daddy for that?
Gomer you just get Dumber :rolleyes:

hawaii 5-0
4/10/2011, 10:56 PM
I'm thinking of getting photovolteic for my home. Already use solar hot water.

5-0

Trump/ Rihanna 2-12 (oops. she might not be born in the USA)

Whet
4/11/2011, 06:34 AM

Like OT, I would like to see your references on turning ag waste into pure, clean oil. Or, for converting all our waste into oil.... Did these pronouncements come from Albert Gore, or Ben & Jerry?

49r
4/11/2011, 09:36 AM
49r: I could have $100 million or more in my bank account

SoonerFans poster 49r says his bank account could soar to at least $100mm or even to $300mm if he buys the winning Powerball ticket when the jackpot is high enough.

Following unsuccessful attempts to win the lottery last month, 49r told Reuters that depositing life-changing cash in his bank account remains unresolved.

“If something happens at the QT, [49r's bank account] will go to $200mm to $300mm,” he declared. “I don’t expect this for the time being, but who would have expected the $200mm jackpot just last week?

“I think there are some surprises on the horizon.”

49r, who was responsible for his personal financial policy from 1962 to 1986, spoke to a South Oval conference of the Centre for Bull**** Studies, which he chairs.

In March, King Abdullah offered $93 in handouts to 49r in an effort to kick start more aggressive Powerball ticket purchases.

But Jaafar Al Taie, managing director of Manaar Lottery Consulting — which advises foreign lottery players operating in the region — said: “I don’t think that what the king is doing now is sufficient to ensure winning the lottery. 49r is a time bomb, but one that is constantly being reset.”

A headline in The Daily Mail last week disclosed: “Powerball jackpot surpasses $200 million,” reaching the equivalent of 121 barrels of monkeys.

From Myass.4-11-11

olevetonahill
4/11/2011, 09:41 AM
:D ^

JohnnyMack
4/11/2011, 09:57 AM
The "rebels" would rather cut our heads off. I'll take a rich king selling us oil over a Scimitar-carrying Islamist intending to shut down the flow.

You know that Al Qaeda is funded primarily through Saudi money, right?

OutlandTrophy
4/11/2011, 10:09 AM
You know that Al Qaeda is funded primarily through Saudi money, right?

did you know that baby poop is rilly rilly runny?

pphilfran
4/11/2011, 10:10 AM

You have lost your mind....

Oldnslo
4/11/2011, 10:11 AM

Not always! Remember those first few? Fresh home from the hospital?

Ugh.

OutlandTrophy
4/11/2011, 10:17 AM
good call. those were terrible.

we've started the rice cereal so they are firming up. Thankfully it isn't sticky like it was at first.

olevetonahill
4/11/2011, 10:19 AM
good call. those were terrible.

we've started the rice cereal so they are firming up. Thankfully it isn't sticky like it was at first.

Just wait till he "Paints" the walls :eek:

JohnnyMack
4/11/2011, 10:25 AM

Boy do I.

Tulsa_Fireman
4/11/2011, 10:29 AM
Boy do I.

This thread has entered a certain zone of buttsecks innuendo that not even I dare to tread.

Buttsecks.

JohnnyMack
4/11/2011, 10:33 AM
Tubgirl?

stoops the eternal pimp
4/11/2011, 10:36 AM
This thread has entered a certain zone of buttsecks innuendo that not even I dare to tread.

Buttsecks.

http://www.thewheelfx.com/lane/GIFS/buttsecks.gif

pphilfran
4/11/2011, 11:02 AM
I'm thinking of getting photovolteic for my home. Already use solar hot water.

5-0

Trump/ Rihanna 2-12 (oops. she might not be born in the USA)

Bend over and lube up when you get a price quote...payback will probably only be 20 years...

For 20k you can get 5k watts...30k for 9k watts...

http://www.pvpower.com/solar-grid-tie-systems.aspx

soonerbrat
4/11/2011, 11:44 AM

looks like punkin pie

bonkuba
4/11/2011, 12:27 PM
Not always! Remember those first few? Fresh home from the hospital?

Ugh.
Roofing tar it was........whew!!!

3rdgensooner
4/11/2011, 12:32 PM
http://www.nndb.com/people/242/000025167/whoopi-sized.jpg

GKeeper316
4/11/2011, 03:00 PM
You have lost your mind....

for you and every other doubter... i originally saw the story on 60 minutes when i was working on a sunday at fox 25, sitting around waiting on other people to get their **** done so i could get my **** done and i tried to bring it to everyone in the newsroom's attention, but they were all watching football.

http://www.mindfully.org/Energy/2003/Anything-Into-Oil1may03.htm

this is just an article about it. i still can't for the life of me figure out why every city in america hasn't built one yet.

pphilfran
4/11/2011, 03:28 PM
for you and every other doubter... i originally saw the story on 60 minutes when i was working on a sunday at fox 25, sitting around waiting on other people to get their **** done so i could get my **** done and i tried to bring it to everyone in the newsroom's attention, but they were all watching football.

http://www.mindfully.org/Energy/2003/Anything-Into-Oil1may03.htm

this is just an article about it. i still can't for the life of me figure out why every city in america hasn't built one yet.

And a q&a from a link on the page you posted...a few choice tidbits...

http://www.mindfully.org/Technology/2005/Changing-World-Technologies-Palmer9apr05.htm

Dan: First of all, when I discuss these bogus claims I am not restricting myself to your article alone. These snake oil salesmen have been peddling their little story thru a number of media starting with Discover magazine in May 2003. I have been pointing out to anyone who will listen how fraudulent it all is ever since then.

This deception starts with the ignorance of the American public....

Now let's look a little further, to the subheading "Technological savvy could turn 600 million tons of turkey guts and other waste into 4 billion barrels of light Texas crude each year ". Apply a bit of that skepticism that journalism once relied on. How many pounds is 600 million tons. Multiply 600,000,000 by 2000 to get 1200 billion pounds. Now lets look at the oil. Depending on your definition of barrel, one of them weighs 300 to 400 pounds. So multiply 4 billion by 300 and you get 1200 billion pounds. What a strange coincidence! These phoneys say they can turn every pound of mixed water, dirt, rocks, paper, steel, acetone, tars, polyethylene, concrete (and oh, yes, turkey scraps too) into one pound of - are you ready for this - not just oil, not just a grease derivative, but light Texas crude. The loaves and fishes story has now been left in the dust. Jesus must be biting his nails with regret that he didn't think of this....

Let me finish with one qualification. I have no doubt that this absurdly wasteful society is capable of producing mountains of animal trimmings with no plan whatsoever for further handling it. I believe that someone could put into place a plan to steam the mixed animal waste and extract the oils from it, for what that could be worth. I doubt that the energy value of the recovered oil would be even close to the energy input required to recover it. But that is why scientists who can do energy calculations are hired to do them. I have read a ton of publicity emanating from this company and I have never seen a shred of a careful calculation of anything. All I read is openmouthed, gee-whiz adulation of any claim these people put out. I have never seen any report by anyone that suggested they had seen any machinery actually depolymerizing anything. Until some unbiased, skeptical investigator, not awed by pie-in-the-sky claims, tests out and calculates theoretical yields and inspects machinery, inputs, and outputs, I will remain a total skeptic.

-- Paul Palmer, PhD.

GKeeper316
4/11/2011, 03:42 PM
These phoneys say they can turn every pound of mixed water, dirt, rocks, paper, steel, acetone, tars, polyethylene, concrete (and oh, yes, turkey scraps too) into one pound of - are you ready for this - not just oil, not just a grease derivative, but light Texas crude.

that's, actually, not what they claim.

pphilfran
4/11/2011, 03:51 PM
that's, actually, not what they claim.

Don't buy into bs hype...

They first came out in 2003, Yet 8 years later there is nothing?

And now you will say it is big oil keeping this miracle process out of production so big oil can keep their ugly business...

I will then retort that if the process is so great then big, greedy oil would snap up the process in a heartbeat and corner the market on cheap fuel and then have all the riches of the world...

Best thing to do is get methane from landfills...Fargo, ND has a system in place that was paid for by local industry and the city....the city gets cash from industry...industry gets cheap methane...

Lawton is looking at a similar system..depends on cost...in the near future there will be fed mandates for systems at all landfills...

pphilfran
4/11/2011, 03:54 PM
Who is Brian Appel?

Changing World Technologies (CWT), a privately-held company, was founded in August 1997 by Brian S. Appel, the current Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of CWT and its subsidiaries. CWT was started primarily to develop and commercialize the thermal depolymerization technology, now referred to by the company as "thermal conversion process", developed and patented by Paul Baskis. The process produces renewable diesel fuel from agricultural and livestock wastes.

Baskis has since left CWT, but the company has retained the rights to his patents, primarily 5,269,947 - Thermal Depolymerizing Reforming Process and Apparatus.

In 1998, CWT started a subsidiary, Thermo-Depolymerization Process, LLC (TDP), which developed a demonstration and test plant for the thermal depolymerization technology. The plant opened in 1999 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.

In 2008, CWT, based in West Hempstead, New York, received the Most Innovative Patent Award in the Environment & Energy category from the Long Island Technology Hall of Fame.[1] Appel accepted the award at the 2008 awards ceremony on March 6.

On March 4, 2009 after a failed IPO attempt in February, 2009, Changing world Technologies and its three subsidiaries filed for chapter 11 bankruptcy in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York. The company effectively shut down its Carthage, Missouri, plant, after it bought ConAgra's share of the facility. The company is attempting to reorganize.

Another of CWT’s subsidiaries and affiliate companies is Renewable Environmental Solutions, LLC (RES), which was formed in 2000. It is a joint venture between ConAgra Foods and CWT to develop the processing of agricultural waste and low-value streams throughout the world.[3][4] RES, now wholly owned by CWT, has the "first commercial biorefinery in the world that can make oil from a variety of waste streams,[5] principally waste from the nearby ConAgra Butterball turkey processing plant in Carthage, Missouri. According to Biomass magazine, "CWT’s thermal conversion process is a commercially viable method of reforming organic waste that converts approximately 250 tons of turkey offal and fats per day into approximately 500 barrels of renewable diesel."[1] In addition to other problems, production costs turned out to be $80 a barrel, much higher than the anticipated $15. As of 2006, however, the Carthage plant was expected to generate a small profit.[5]

The plant in Carthage, Missouri opened in May 2004. Almost immediately local residents started to complain about a foul odor. In December of 2005, Missouri Governor Matt Blunt ordered the plant shut down. The company installed odor mitigation equipment and reopened the plant 3 months later. The plant was closed in March 2009 as the result of bankruptcy. In March 2011 the company indicated that it has gathered the financing to reopen the plant and that it plans to accept used fryer oil as feedstock[6].

In 2007 two residents filed a law suit against Renewable Environmental Solutions because they say they suffered due to odors from the operation. They also filed to expanded the suit to a class action. A judge denied class action status on March 9, 2011[7].