PDA

View Full Version : OU can no loner use Rivals/Scout?

OK2U
4/9/2011, 01:00 AM
WTF?

NCAA: Schools no longer allowed to use recruiting sites like Scout, Rivals

Colleges in the NCAA will no longer be permitted to subscribe to recruiting sites like Rivals.com and Scout.com after the NCAA designated the athletic website as a scouting service, according to reports Friday.
Jon Infante of the Bylaw Blog reported that the NCAA has ruled that institutions can no longer subscribe to Rivals.com and its affiliated sites, which focus primarily on college football and basketball reporting. The rationale “is that Rivals provides video of nonscholastic competition that is not available to the general public.”
“All recruiting/scouting services are held to the same legislated standard and we consider Rivals.com to be a recruiting/scouting service,” an NCAA spokesman said.
OU athletic spokesman Kenny Mossman said the OU football program currently subscribes to Rivals, but expected it would cancel its subscription if mandated by the NCAA.
OSU athletic spokesman Kevin Klintworth said, “It appears we have had some programs with paid subscriptions with them in the past, but none currently.”
A Rivals spokesman told CBSSports.com that the company is in discussion with the NCAA on the issue. “This, in no way, affects Rivals.com's ability to provide content to our subscribers nor the general public,” he said.

Read more: http://newsok.com/ncaa-schools-no-longer-allowed-to-use-recruiting-sites-like-scout-rivals/article/3556691#ixzz1J0FFicIr

OK2U
4/9/2011, 01:01 AM
*Longer*
...I know...

StoopTroup
4/9/2011, 01:14 AM
**** em....I hope they go out of business.

StoopTroup
4/9/2011, 01:15 AM
Since Hale charges for a Premium he's gone too?

yermom
4/9/2011, 02:38 AM
Guess they might need to change their business model

AlbqSooner
4/9/2011, 06:22 AM
So how does this rule impact Terrele Pryor's mentor?

PLaw
4/9/2011, 07:13 AM
Since Hale charges for a Premium he's gone too?

And, how 'bout DAVE CAMPBELL'S TEXAS FOOTBALL - see ya.

BUMMER

Soonerfan88
4/9/2011, 10:00 AM
I don't see this as being a big deal to OU, they will still work the recruiting trail and find their players. Mack, however, will have to get a bit more secretive about his meetings/conversations with Chip Brown over who to offer.

BoulderSooner79
4/9/2011, 12:49 PM
It's a level playing field rule - should only hurt programs not investing in their own recruiting.

oumartin
4/9/2011, 02:15 PM
Heck I always thought Rivals made toasters and can openers and Scout was a model of suv.