PDA

View Full Version : NATO = Incompetent....

OU_Sooners75
4/8/2011, 05:46 PM
LOL...since the US gave air strikes over to NATO, they have had two different accidental bombings of the rebel forces that they are trying to help!

WOW....good job France!:pop:

cccasooner2
4/8/2011, 05:54 PM
En Englaise

Let's go children of the fatherland,
The day of glory has arrived!
Against us tyranny's
Bloody flag is raised! (repeat)
In the countryside, do you hear
The roaring of these fierce soldiers?
They come right to our arms
To slit the throats of our sons, our friends!

Refrain

Grab your weapons, citizens!
Form your batallions!
Let us march! Let us march!
May impure blood
Water our fields!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

This horde of slaves, traitors, plotting kings,
What do they want?
For whom these vile shackles,
These long-prepared irons? (repeat)
Frenchmen, for us, oh! what an insult!
What emotions that must excite!
It is us that they dare to consider
Returning to ancient slavery!

What! These foreign troops
Would make laws in our home!
What! These mercenary phalanxes
Would bring down our proud warriors! (repeat)
Good Lord! By chained hands
Our brows would bend beneath the yoke!
Vile despots would become
The masters of our fate!

Tremble, tyrants! and you, traitors,
The disgrace of all groups,
Tremble! Your parricidal plans
Will finally pay the price! (repeat)
Everyone is a soldier to fight you,
If they fall, our young heros,
France will make more,
Ready to battle you!

Frenchmen, as magnanimous warriors,
Bear or hold back your blows!
Spare these sad victims,
Regretfully arming against us. (repeat)
But not these bloodthirsty despots,
But not these accomplices of Bouillé,
All of these animals who, without pity,
Tear their mother's breast to pieces!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Sacred love of France,
Lead, support our avenging arms!
Liberty, beloved Liberty,
Fight with your defenders! (repeat)
Under our flags, let victory
Hasten to your manly tones!
May your dying enemies
See your triumph and our glory!

Refrain

We will enter the pit
When our elders are no longer there;
There, we will find their dust
And the traces of their virtues. (repeat)
Much less eager to outlive them
Than to share their casket,
We will have the sublime pride
Of avenging them or following them!

Refrain

PDXsooner
4/8/2011, 08:42 PM
Don't know if that necessitates a "LOL"... Not to mention that the US isn't immune to bombing the wrong targets. What a weird post.

Turd_Ferguson
4/8/2011, 08:46 PM
Don't know if that necessitates a "LOL"... Not to mention that the US isn't immune to bombing the wrong targets. What a weird post.If by "weird", you mean you being your typical ****head self...then I agree...

Spray
4/8/2011, 10:07 PM
Actually, PDX makes an excellent point.

AlbqSooner
4/9/2011, 06:06 AM
Actually, PDX makes an excellent point.

Atta boy! Never miss an opportunity to join the forces of weirdness.:D

OU_Sooners75
4/9/2011, 12:19 PM
Don't know if that necessitates a "LOL"... Not to mention that the US isn't immune to bombing the wrong targets. What a weird post.

Apparently you comprehension levels are off.

NATO has been in charge of the airstrikes for less than a week. That said, they have already made 2 mistakes.

Yeah, let me tell you that the US makes 2 mistakes/week when we are doing bombing runs. :rolleyes:

Maybe 2 or 3 in a damn campaign total!

mgsooner
4/9/2011, 12:21 PM
Sky = blue

PDXsooner
4/9/2011, 12:23 PM
Just checked my comprehension levels and they're fully intact. Also checked my douch-ebag detector and they just started ringing instantly when I saw your name!!!

picasso
4/9/2011, 12:44 PM
They did a stand-up job in Mogadishu.

OU_Sooners75
4/9/2011, 05:12 PM
Just checked my comprehension levels and they're fully intact. Also checked my douch-ebag detector and they just started ringing instantly when I saw your name!!!

I guess that is one way to turn the subject around.

Glad to see some American loves the French!;)

StoopTroup
4/9/2011, 05:24 PM
I like french toast

http://www.thelamplightinn.com/i//tn_BREAKFAST_PLATE_-_FRENCH_TOAST_EGGS_SAUSAGE.jpg

Tulsa_Fireman
4/9/2011, 07:59 PM
GERMANS BOMB PEARL HARBOR

MR2-Sooner86
4/9/2011, 08:10 PM
They did a stand-up job in Mogadishu.

That was the U.N. and 75% of the forces and supplies were from the United States.

Either way, how it ended... :(

Tulsa_Fireman
4/9/2011, 08:11 PM
KILL WHITEY

StoopTroup
4/9/2011, 08:21 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_latlqvevBB1qe2358o1_500.png

Mjcpr
4/9/2011, 11:46 PM
I'm sure the "world" will still think it's just the US.

TheHumanAlphabet
4/10/2011, 04:00 AM
I am sure the "rebels" firing into the air indiscriminantly like they like to do in that part of the world, didn't help them out with that...

I guess painting their car roofs pink will help.

Okla-homey
4/10/2011, 07:30 AM
I'm never slow to bash France. The whole country is a cesspool.

But, I do know a thing or two about air-to-ground fires in support of ground forces. Here's the thing, it is hard to do properrly. It is nearly impossible to do properly unless you have trained airmen controlling close air support (CAS) missions on the ground. US doctrine provides those airman must be imbedded in the friendly ground force.

Therefore, the Libyan mission is almost entirely confined to air interdiction (AI) missions, which are different from close air support missions in that CAS involves strikes on enemy troops which are in close proximity to friendly troops. AI involves strikes on enemy troops who are not yet in contact with friendly troops, the goal being to destroy them before they can close with and engage friendly forces.

All that said, as you might imagine, if the "good guys" are cruising around dressed like the "bad guys" and the "good guys" aren't talking to to the people flying the air missions because they have no means of doing so, there will be a lot of fratricide. Especially when, as in Libya, no one commanding the air missions has any real idea where the "good guys" are at any given time.

Finally, the "good guys" have apparently been told by someone to paint the roofs of their POS vehicles hot pink. That's a start, but folks, you can't percieve colors through even our most sophisticated night vision systems. Again, that's why you need boots on the ground, with airmen trained to control theise airstrikes in those boots with operable radios, to prevent disaster.

reevie
4/10/2011, 09:50 AM

But, I do know a thing or two about air-to-ground fires in support of ground forces. Here's the thing, it is hard to do properrly. It is nearly impossible to do properly unless you have trained airmen controlling close air support (CAS) missions on the ground. US doctrine provides those airman must be imbedded in the friendly ground force.

Therefore, the Libyan mission is almost entirely confined to air interdiction (AI) missions, which are different from close air support missions in that CAS involves strikes on enemy troops which are in close proximity to friendly troops. AI involves strikes on enemy troops who are not yet in contact with friendly troops, the goal being to destroy them before they can close with and engage friendly forces.

All that said, as you might imagine, if the "good guys" are cruising around dressed like the "bad guys" and the "good guys" aren't talking to to the people flying the air missions because they have no means of doing so, there will be a lot of fratricide. Especially when, as in Libya, no one commanding the air missions has any real idea where the "good guys" are at any given time.

Finally, the "good guys" have apparently been told by someone to paint the roofs of their POS vehicles hot pink. That's a start, but folks, you can't percieve colors through even our most sophisticated night vision systems. Again, that's why you need boots on the ground, with airmen trained to control theise airstrikes in those boots with operable radios, to prevent disaster.

I'm having ACSC flashbacks

SoCaliSooner
4/10/2011, 10:25 AM

Pat Tillman agrees with this post...

diverdog
4/10/2011, 08:34 PM

I am pretty sure they are flying both types of missions. We have been using A10's and AC 130's lately and their missions are pretty much CAS.

GKeeper316
4/10/2011, 08:58 PM
air to ground attack success is predicated upon the ground forces not being where the bombs are gonna be dropped. if the guys on the ground aren't telling the guys in the air where to drop the bombs, the guys on the ground generally get ****ed.

this is nothing new.

cccasooner2
4/10/2011, 09:17 PM
Any Chinese embasies they can practice on?