PDA

View Full Version : aggy Game Moved to December 3rd

bri
4/8/2011, 02:12 PM
The Big 12 just announced it. (http://www.big12sports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=10410&ATCLID=205132610)

The Big 12 Conference announces the Thanksgiving night telecast of the Texas at Texas A&M game on ESPN; and the movement of the Texas at Baylor, and Oklahoma at Oklahoma State games to Saturday, December 3 for air by ABC.

Thanksgiving Day will again showcase the Texas vs. Texas A&M rivalry as the two teams square off in College Station on November 24, at 7:00 p.m. CT on ESPN.

The Conference will continue to have a strong presence on "Championship Saturday" with two games scheduled for December 3. Texas will travel to Baylor while Oklahoma State hosts Oklahoma in the annual Bedlam matchup. Times for each game will be announced at a later date, but will be at either 2:30 or 7:00 p.m. CT on ABC.

Additional modifications to the 2011 football schedule are possible by request from FOX or ESPN through its' sublicense agreement with FOX. The complete Big 12 television lineup for the first three weeks of the season, and any non-Saturday games will be announced in the coming months.

SoonerPride
4/8/2011, 02:17 PM
Bye week = win.

bri
4/8/2011, 02:18 PM
That's assuming there's not further shuffling to fill that date. Oklahoma football on Thanksgiving weekend is a tradition I don't want to see go away.

homerSimpsonsBrain
4/8/2011, 02:24 PM
Just confirms what we already knew. The B12 is now the SW Conf of old. Any resemblance to the B8 of old is purely coincidental.

All of the decisions going forward will revolve around :

1. Texas

2. Other Texas Schools

3. Texas

SoonerPride
4/8/2011, 02:25 PM
That's assuming there's not further shuffling to fill that date. Oklahoma football on Thanksgiving weekend is a tradition I don't want to see go away.

meh.

Once we no longer played the Bug Eaters on Turkey Day, it's just another Saturday game to me.

yermom
4/8/2011, 02:25 PM
i like having the weekend off...

that's weird that Texas is playing Baylor the last game of the season. i guess they are working on a new rivalry :D

badger
4/8/2011, 02:26 PM
It sounds like schedule shuffling season - Just a few days ago OSU hosting Zona got moved to a Thursday night.

In any event, our schedule still looks like this, right?

Sep 3 Tulsa
Sep 17 at Florida State
Sep 24 Missouri
Oct 1 Ball State
Oct 8 Texas at Dallas
Oct 15 at Kansas
Oct 22 Texas Tech
Oct 29 at Kansas State
Nov 5 Texas A&M
Nov 12 Iowa State
Nov 19 at Baylor
Dec 3 at Oklahoma State

bri
4/8/2011, 02:27 PM
Just confirms what we already knew. The B12 is now the SW Conf of old. Any resemblance to the B8 of old is purely coincidental.

1. Texas

2. Other Texas Schools

3. Texas

So the conference moves what they feel to be one of their marquee games to Championship Saturday, and we're somehow dicked over? Oh, okay.

yermom
4/8/2011, 02:30 PM

1. Texas

2. Other Texas Schools

3. Texas

i don't see what it has to do with Texas. i think it's more about getting ratings and keeping us looking relevant to voters. having a Heisman candidate or a team close to others in the human polls sitting while the other prominent teams are playing in prime time is not going to help us

which leads me to... who is going to carry the game? we'd likely have to schedule around the SEC/Pac12/Big10-11-12 and ACC championship games

badger
4/8/2011, 02:55 PM
The SEC game will be carried by CBS. It is every year and ESPN probably would love to have some competition with it.

The Big Ten or ACC will likely be on ABC in the morning/early afternoon. It's just a midwestern/east coast thing, that's all. They are usually subjected to being the 11 a.m. games during the season.

The Pac 12 game will likely be on mid-afternoon or early evening, depending on nat'l title considerations for the teams competing.

The same will go for the Texas/Baylor and OU/OSU games. I think we can safely assume Baylor will not be in BCS contention, but if Texas, OU or OSU are, they'll likely get the night ABC/ESPN slot competing with CBS' almighty S-E-C! S-E-C! game.

soonerinabilene
4/8/2011, 03:01 PM
This is better than their original idea of having the RRS moved to that date.

badger
4/8/2011, 03:02 PM
Now that we've moved the date, let's move the site... to Norman :stunned:

cjames317
4/8/2011, 03:38 PM
What championship will Baylor and the horns play for?

Quik Sand
4/8/2011, 03:39 PM
Now that we've moved the date, let's move the site... to Norman :stunned:Its basically a home game for us anyway as they have beaten us what....3 times in 45 years up there? :D

JLEW1818
4/8/2011, 03:46 PM
bye week before FSU

Ball St before texas

bye week before the pokes

can't ask for much more

JLEW1818
4/8/2011, 03:46 PM
This is better than their original idea of having the RRS moved to that date.

this

badger
4/8/2011, 03:52 PM
Its basically a home game for us anyway as they have beaten us what....3 times in 45 years up there? :D

I have been there for one of those losses, they tore down both of their goalposts, littered Tostitos in front of us and were all huffy... joke's on them. That loss sent us directly to the Big 12 title game and Rose Bowl :P

And where did that win take them? The Hoooostin Bowl and :les: leaving them for LSU :D

wahoosooner
4/8/2011, 04:00 PM
I am glad they moved the game... the hotels obviously have not changed their prices yet. :) booked the Dec weekend at a much lower rate.

badger
4/8/2011, 04:06 PM
I am glad they moved the game... the hotels obviously have not changed their prices yet. :) booked the Dec weekend at a much lower rate.

bwahahahaha... that's funny. what site do you use if any to find stilly hotels

usaosooner
4/8/2011, 04:09 PM
bye week before FSU

Ball St before texas

can't ask for much more

This

Widescreen
4/8/2011, 04:13 PM

can't ask for much more

But it's also a bye week for them too.

http://images.zaazu.com/img/afraid-male-afraid-frightened-smiley-emoticon-000138-large.gif

badger
4/8/2011, 04:15 PM

I checked expedia -- it was like $92 for the new day and about $184 for the old one (one night Nov. 26-27, two adults) at Stilly's Holiday Inn.

If you really feel like going to Stillwater, book fast.

Partial Qualifier
4/8/2011, 04:26 PM
bye week before FSU

Ball St before texas

can't ask for much more

this

this

this

and this

Quik Sand
4/8/2011, 04:39 PM
Excellent post Jlew.

Quik Sand
4/8/2011, 04:45 PM
Example of an OSU pep rally before the Bedlam game.

pus6XF_qh38

OU_Sooners75
4/8/2011, 05:02 PM
So, we have bye weeks heading into the two biggest road games in 2011?

SWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEET!

bri
4/8/2011, 07:01 PM
This would be the part where I remind everyone that THE SCHEDULE IS NOT OFFICIALLY FINALIZED YET.

gaylordfan1
4/8/2011, 07:11 PM
Yup, but I'm liking what I'm seeing.

OUHOMER
4/8/2011, 07:49 PM
i like it, Opens up deer hunting for me

Mazeppa
4/8/2011, 09:16 PM
Thanksgiving Day will again showcase the Texas vs. Texas A&M rivalry as the two teams square off in College Station on November 24, at 7:00 p.m. CT on ESPN.

Since when is 7:00 p.m. Thanksgiving "DAY"?

SanJoaquinSooner
4/8/2011, 09:36 PM
our conference sucks

SoonerDood
4/8/2011, 10:22 PM
Not too upset about this. Other than not getting to see the game when I come home for Thanksgiving every other year, I see it as a plus. As somebody else mentioned, it keeps the conference in the national spotlight for another week. Plus it'll let us play closer to the bowl game. How did those 51-day layoffs work for THE Ohio's State?

Seamus
4/8/2011, 10:52 PM
bwahahahaha... that's funny. what site do you use if any to find stilly hotels

This one. (http://www.almanac.com/)

Soonerman82
4/9/2011, 12:36 AM
our conference sucks

This!!!

meoveryouxinfinity
4/9/2011, 06:34 AM
Having a bye week isn't really an advantage when the other team has a bye week too. We'll see. I bet we go into this game undefeated, OSU won't have a terrible record. Probably ranked top 15ish. We migh steal a slot on Gameday again.. Just to torture the Pokes.

MichiganSooner
4/9/2011, 07:47 AM
Having a bye week isn't really an advantage when the other team has a bye week too. We'll see.

It's a big deal when our coaches are led by Bob Stoops and theirs is led by Mike Gundy. And how about 2008-Tech at OU.

I was at the game in Stillwater a few years ago when AD was out with injury and we were running Patrick, Brown, and Madu all over them. Game got tight. Gundy called a timeout on 3rd and long for the visitors. An OSU fan screamed real loud, "No, don't call timeout; their coaches will know what to do and ours will screw it up". We got the first down and scored.

Widescreen
4/9/2011, 09:26 AM
Having a bye week isn't really an advantage when the other team has a bye week too. We'll see. I bet we go into this game undefeated, OSU won't have a terrible record. Probably ranked top 15ish. We migh steal a slot on Gameday again.. Just to torture the Pokes.

We won't get Gameday. They'll be at one of the championship games (probably the SEC).

JLEW1818
4/9/2011, 09:45 AM
It's a big deal when our coaches are led by Bob Stoops and theirs is led by Mike Gundy. And how about 2008-Tech at OU.I was at the game in Stillwater a few years ago when AD was out with injury and we were running Patrick, Brown, and Madu all over them. Game got tight. Gundy called a timeout on 3rd and long for the visitors. An OSU fan screamed real loud, "No, don't call timeout; their coaches will know what to do and ours will screw it up". We got the first down and scored.

DING DING DING

JLEW1818
4/9/2011, 09:48 AM
We won't get Gameday. They'll be at one of the championship games (probably the SEC).

at first i would agree with you.. but you never know what might happen this season. The SEC all might have 2+ losses? We can't go to that national title without beating the pokes... so who knows?

and i don't really care too much about gameday being there... but from the looks of it, we will be on ABC at 7PM.. ?

thats' all i care about

Sooner_Tuf
4/9/2011, 10:03 AM

1. Texas

2. Other Texas Schools

3. Texas

I don't understand this as OU/OSU is not a traditional Thanksgiving Day Game. It has been moved all over thru time. If anything OU/Nebraska was our "traditional" Thanksgiving Day Game. But that Turkey has it's tail between it's legs.

JLEW1818
4/9/2011, 10:29 AM
idc if stuff is "revolved" around texas.

We still win. We Win, we still play Prime Time.

that's been the case since Stoops

oudavid1
4/9/2011, 01:10 PM
But it's also a bye week for them too.

http://images.zaazu.com/img/afraid-male-afraid-frightened-smiley-emoticon-000138-large.gif

thats what im sayin!

sperry
4/9/2011, 03:35 PM
We need to add two teams quick. Not having a conference championship game is just miserable.

Gandalf_The_Grey
4/9/2011, 04:37 PM
Don't worry about OsU having a bye. They have a bye season until they play OU. They only get up for that one game usually.

101sooner
4/9/2011, 04:42 PM
Found this gem over at GoPokes. Oh the irony.

Sandyd:

It's one less week to get healthy and prepare for the bowl game.

Jacie
4/9/2011, 05:29 PM
A regular season kickoff in December, that's a hoot. Sooners/pokes haven't played that late in the season since my undergrad days.

MR2-Sooner86
4/10/2011, 12:41 PM
Found this gem over at GoPokes. Oh the irony.

Sandyd:

It's one less week to get healthy and prepare for the bowl game.

That's gold.

ouwasp
4/10/2011, 05:18 PM
:rolleyes:

I wonder how many columns regarding this game Dave Sittler of the World will have between now and Dec 3? He's had two in the past three days. The guy practically has an literary orgasm anticipating OU-osu.

I didn't even read today's, beyond the headline. It gets tiresome. Just like those chip-on-the-shoulder poke fans...