PDA

View Full Version : More Proof This Is a Great Hire! Lon Gives Out His Email To The Fans

LiveLaughLove
4/8/2011, 01:06 AM
(OU Sports Information)

In an effort to continue his conversation with Oklahoma men's basketball fans and open the doors to the program, new head men's basketball coach Lon Kruger announced today the release of his OU email address: [email protected].

"I want fans to know they can reach out and contact me," said Kruger. "I want to learn what they want to see in their basketball program. As I stated on Monday, this is a shared partnership where our fans are as big a part of our success as the coaches and players. This is our team."

Echoing Athletics Director Joe Castiglione's press conference comments on Monday that all elements of the men's basketball program are being evaluated, Coach Kruger and the OU athletics staff are committed to reading every email received. Coach Kruger and the staff will try to respond to as many as possible.

"I want to get fans' thoughts on everything: game experience, ticket pricing, game times and dates, marketing efforts, online presence and expectations for their coach," said Kruger. "I don't know if we can effect everything, but I guarantee you we will evaluate all of it."

Coach Kruger's new address is now active and fans can send their emails.

Great hire. The guy is on the ball.

bornnbredou
4/8/2011, 01:21 AM
wow thats awesome...although i find it hard to believe that he will read them all, he might have someone read them for him, which i guess is good enough for me. i liked this hire from the outset, but everyday i get more and more excited about this team which is exactly what they wanted and what we needed, kruger is a win win.

rekamrettuB
4/8/2011, 08:50 AM
Surely he has [email protected] for his real address and an assistant reads the other one. If not, this could be a huge mistake. I've seen message boards. His inbox will have like 5 emails in it until his first loss. Then....OVERLOAD!!!

oumartin
4/8/2011, 10:08 AM
I've already emailed him my resume. I've got as much D1 head coaching experience as Terry Evans and I'll work for less money.

Threw in some playing style ideas in the email. I've got my phone handy as I'm sure he'll contact me soon.

jumperstop
4/8/2011, 10:18 AM
Heard this on the radio...was thinking at the time he's probably going to regret this. Especially when they start losing.

badger
4/8/2011, 10:18 AM
I hope he gets his OU twitter fired up soon. I saw the last few tweets he did as UNLV coach and he sounded like he kept up with it a lot.

As for the e-mail thing, there are tons of reports on this board of Joe C. personally responding (or someone acting like him, heh) to e-mails. Who's to say Kruger wouldn't do the same?

Let's face it - OU men's basketball needs someone that is going to do everything it takes to get fans back on board, whether it's making tons of public appearances (which he's been doing), to personally contacting fans (via e-mail???).

So don't complete rule out that he's going to ignore the e-mail or the release is meaningless. :)

I am totally gonna e-mail him just for fun. I'll post his response if he does :D

Ton Loc
4/8/2011, 10:26 AM
I wonder how many "Bring back Top Daug" emails he's going to get?

badger
4/8/2011, 10:31 AM
That's a good idea! I will make sure to include the words "bring back top daug" :D

Anything else?

bornnbredou
4/8/2011, 10:58 AM

why does everyone hate boomer and sooner?? i mean i used to love top dawg too but they fixed the horsepig look haha and they look legit now, and they actually pertain to our team.

Soonerjeepman
4/8/2011, 11:01 AM
why does everyone hate boomer and sooner?? i mean i used to love top dawg too but they fixed the horsepig look haha and they look legit now, and they actually pertain to our team.

really...? ya got pics? last I saw they were still ugly>...:O

Soonerjeepman
4/8/2011, 11:10 AM
yup...emailed as well...

SJM

badger
4/8/2011, 11:13 AM
The mascots are improving, but are still nowhere near the awesomeness that was Top Dawg/Daug. This is not the cranky old alumni in my speaking, this is common sense.

The initial change was utter suckitude:
http://www.thelostogle.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/horsepigsboomersooner.jpg

The next attempt was feeble:
http://www.missouritigerstickets.com/img/venues/Oklahoma%20Sooners%20mascot.jpg

The next-next attempt was about the same with different colored hair:
(not gonna post the pic here, it's too huge but you can see it here (http://mikeintulsa.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/ou-vs-osu-mascots.jpg))

Currently, it's this:
http://www.64-mascots.com/images/university-of-oklahoma-traditions-boomer-and-sooner-boomer-to-hoop-ok-t-boom-half.jpg

Which is a vast improvement over the first attempt, but it is nowhere near this:
http://www.maryschwalm.com/blog/sooners.jpg
And will never be as cool as this:
http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/541/topdawg.jpg

70sooner
4/8/2011, 11:45 AM
heck, bring back Little Red!~

Wooooohoooo!~

yermom
4/8/2011, 12:12 PM
I hope he gets his OU twitter fired up soon. I saw the last few tweets he did as UNLV coach and he sounded like he kept up with it a lot.

As for the e-mail thing, there are tons of reports on this board of Joe C. personally responding (or someone acting like him, heh) to e-mails. Who's to say Kruger wouldn't do the same?

Let's face it - OU men's basketball needs someone that is going to do everything it takes to get fans back on board, whether it's making tons of public appearances (which he's been doing), to personally contacting fans (via e-mail???).

So don't complete rule out that he's going to ignore the e-mail or the release is meaningless. :)

I am totally gonna e-mail him just for fun. I'll post his response if he does :D

i know in the past Joe C. had two different accounts. i have no idea who checked either of them.

last i heard, Boren's email went to staff, and he didn't even have a computer. that's been a few years though. it could have changed.

Soonerjeepman
4/8/2011, 01:46 PM
my hs I coached at was the Stallions...they actually had a pretty good horse head..actually looked more like a real horse...that might not be too bad...

zandozan
4/8/2011, 03:56 PM
I say just ditch the stupid animal/human mascots. Lets bring back Lil' Red but this time make him a midget dressed as an Indian that drives around in a little go kart dressed as a conestoga wagon. It's genious I tell ya! ;)

OU_Sooners75
4/8/2011, 05:16 PM
I've already emailed him my resume. I've got as much D1 head coaching experience as Terry Evans and I'll work for less money.

Threw in some playing style ideas in the email. I've got my phone handy as I'm sure he'll contact me soon.

http://www.olevetpossehideout.com/forums/images/smilies/aflac.jpg

Collier11
4/8/2011, 05:53 PM
Maybe we should have an official "questions to ask Coach Lon" thread, Badger can moderate it and weed out the idiotic ones :D and then we can submit questions 2-3 at a time on behalf of SFs.com

badger
4/8/2011, 05:56 PM
:P i haven't gotten a response yet. his inbox is probably flooded. perhaps we should wait a little bit for that

Collier11
4/8/2011, 06:01 PM
Doesnt he know who we are? :D

JLEW1818
4/10/2011, 12:54 AM
quit flirting you too

101sooner
4/10/2011, 09:34 AM

At least one.

Gandalf_The_Grey
4/10/2011, 11:22 AM
I sent him links to the Fire Jeff Capel!!!! and the Fire Calvin Simpson!!! threads just so he will know what he is going to have to deal with....

StoopTroup
4/10/2011, 02:59 PM

That would be awesome.

I'd like to see his face when you are sitting on the bench in the middle of the game throwing out comments about kids Mamas.....

Hysterical. I'd come to every game.

StoopTroup
4/10/2011, 03:00 PM
I sent him links to the Fire Jeff Capel!!!! and the Fire Calvin Simpson!!! threads just so he will know what he is going to have to deal with....

Do you think he'll still sign a basketball for me? :D

humblesooner
4/14/2011, 02:32 PM
Maybe we should have an official "questions to ask Coach Lon" thread, Badger can moderate it and weed out the idiotic ones :D and then we can submit questions 2-3 at a time on behalf of SFs.com

If Badger weeds out the idiotic questions, here's what wil be left:
" ."
:D

badger
4/16/2011, 10:20 PM
Lon was at Red/White today. He also already has replaced Jeff in the Sooner Club "thank you" video spot that played most of last year (the one where Cade holds up the little kid after saying "I'm a Sooner")

I wonder if Lon was ushered through the video gauntlet already, saying "thank you" for one clip, "There's only ONE" for another, then "Buckle up, Oklahoma!" and finally "You drink and drive, you lose!"

I think Jeff might have also done a gambling one too... lots o' vidya to shoot for all these clips at football games!

AlbqSooner
4/17/2011, 05:27 AM
Do you think he'll still sign a basketball for me? :D

I have an autographed Kelvin B'ball.:D

birddog
4/17/2011, 07:41 PM
kruge seems to be very personable. tons of experience (good,bad) but i'll take him for sure. seems like it could be a great fit for us and i hope he sticks around for a long time.

boring style, billyball wtf, just please for the love of Lon give me a chance to pick the SOONERS to make it to the final four in next years bracket. brackets just suck otherwise.

OUmillenium
5/16/2011, 09:13 AM
No joke, I am so not interested when OU is not even in the tournament. I still remember the 87 team and the 88 team when I picked the Sooners going a long way, and all the way, respectively and they pulled through for the most part. Those brackets were the sports illustrated magazine 2 page bracket. Still have em.