PDA

View Full Version : Colbert Report

fadada1
4/7/2011, 07:29 PM
Wifey and I went to the taping last night in Gothem City. Got 2 for 1, with last night's episode and tonight's. Great time and highly recommend it if you enjoy his humor. Dude is VERY sharp and doesn't miss a beat.

jumperstop
4/7/2011, 07:31 PM
Agree, he's pretty funny. Don't watchhim often enough. It's sad though that my generation gets their news from him instead of a more reputable news source....even though they are all bias.

sooner59
4/7/2011, 10:49 PM
Agree, he's pretty funny. Don't watchhim often enough. It's sad though that my generation gets their news from him instead of a more reputable news source....even though they are all bias.

I have a hard time finding a news source more reputable and less biased that The Daily Show and Colbert Report. :D

StoopTroup
4/7/2011, 10:59 PM
I think that saying folks get their news from the Daily Show and Colbert is crazy. One thing I will say though is this....They do interview a lot of folks who write books.

It would be hard for me to read every book that they have interviewed the author

sooner59
4/8/2011, 12:31 AM
If you are smart enough to differentiate the shtick from the facts, then its just funny. If not, you aren't going to "get" real news situations anyway no matter who you are watching.

Gandalf_The_Grey
4/8/2011, 02:20 AM
Between Fox News having 45 minutes of actual news and and 23 hours and 15 minutes of opinions, CNN having viewers pick which news they want to listen to, MSNBC having to disclaim every 25 minutes that they are a subsidiary of GE, we don't get much news regardless. I watch Brian Williams from time to time because he isn't crazy, Bill O'Reilly because he is funny and informative, and Colbert and Stewart for the same reason.

ouleaf
4/8/2011, 08:52 AM
Love Colbert...he is funny and really puts his guests on the spot with questions....I do prefer The Daily Show a bit more though. I like the Daily Show's format of bringing in their "Correspondents" to shake things up a bit. Colbert's show is pretty much just him and then whatever guest is on the show that day.