PDA

View Full Version : 3 seed vs. 4 seed

Quik Sand
4/7/2011, 02:39 PM
A debate is brewing on whether to go full out and try to over-take Dallas for the 3 seed. By doing this:

Thunder will likely face Portland in the first round, LA in the second.

If the Thunder begin resting players and are content where they are, they would see Denver in the first round, SA in the second.

So I ask my resident OKC Thunder posters on this forum, which would you like to see happen?

- I say the Thunder should try to win every game they play and try for the 3. As a young team, resting players and changing normal rotation routines may throw off rhythm. I think they should try to win each game as if they had to until Dallas has sealed the deal.

jumperstop
4/7/2011, 03:05 PM
I would prefer the four, not because of the lakers in the second round with the third, but because I think portland is a worse match up than denver. Honestly, we have no reason to be frightened by the lakers, we gave them all they could handle last season. We shouldn't try for anything though. Just go out and win games, give the players rest and we'll be where we end up.

ouleaf
4/7/2011, 05:13 PM
I hate to say it but the Mavs are playing so poorly right now, that you might wind up with the 3 seed regardless.

Quik Sand
4/7/2011, 05:40 PM
How about this for progression

50 - 8 seed gives eventual champs toughest series in the conference
5x - 3/4 seed division champs

I still cant believe we got this lucky guys. We almost ended up with the Hornets...and there was a lot of clamoring for them to come instead if we could get them. I think it worked out pretty well.

On another note, I hope Seattle gets another franchise. Can you imagine the rivalry (fans at least)?

jumperstop
4/7/2011, 06:23 PM
I hate to say it but the Mavs are playing so poorly right now, that you might wind up with the 3 seed regardless.

Some believe they might be doing it on purpose to get the fourth seed instead.

Quik Sand
4/8/2011, 12:19 AM
It seems George Karl would rather play the Mavs although he tries to mask it with his percentages.

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nba/news/story?id=6305580