PDA

View Full Version : Sooner Spectator welcomes Charles Thompson

Jay C. Upchurch
4/7/2011, 02:33 PM
Former All-Big Eight quarterback Charles Thompson will be our autograph guest on Saturday, April 16, prior to the annual Red-White Game.

Thompson, who appears on the cover of the latest Sooner Spectator with his son Kendal, will be signing autographs at our table in front of The Apothem store on Campus Corner from 10 a.m. to 11:30... autographs are only $10.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sooner-Spectator-Magazine/125364470914?ref=ts

dynersooner
4/7/2011, 02:44 PM
Former All-Big Eight quarterback Charles Thompson will be our autograph guest on Saturday, April 16, prior to the annual Red-White Game.

Thompson, who appears on the cover of the latest Sooner Spectator with his son Kendal, will be signing autographs at our table in front of The Apothem store on Campus Corner from 10 a.m. to 11:30... autographs are only $10.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sooner-Spectator-Magazine/125364470914?ref=ts

WHOA!!!

Leroy Lizard
4/7/2011, 02:52 PM
Only $10? What a deal! Imagine what it would fetch if he had actually bothered to do much with his career at OU.

badger
4/7/2011, 02:58 PM
Chill LL. :rolleyes:

Jay, you need to post that pic here, not just link to it. I think that cover alone will sell you some subscriptions. VERY cool :D

Mississippi Sooner
4/7/2011, 03:01 PM
Chill LL. :rolleyes:

Jay, you need to post that pic here, not just link to it. I think that cover alone will sell you some subscriptions. VERY cool :D

I want that jacket Kendal's wearing.

texaspokieokie
4/7/2011, 04:49 PM
we got a "thomas Lott" autograph on a little football, last season. i'm not really much on autographs, but my wife is. she got autographs of Steve Owens, Jason White & Billy Sims on a football. 4 or 5 yrs ago, i guess.

texaspokieokie
4/7/2011, 04:50 PM
Also, it's nice to chat with Jay C.

Mazeppa
4/7/2011, 08:21 PM
Prior to, Does that mean before? :)

Leroy Lizard
4/7/2011, 09:47 PM
we got a "thomas Lott" autograph on a little football, last season. i'm not really much on autographs, but my wife is. she got autographs of Steve Owens, Jason White & Billy Sims on a football. 4 or 5 yrs ago, i guess.

Those were all great players and of reasonable character. (Sims has had some issues, but I think most will say that he's pretty decent guy.) What do they have to do with any discussion on CT?

Let's go back: CT had essentially one great game as a Sooner. One. And then he got busted for selling cocaine.

That's worth $10?

LostCreekSooner
4/7/2011, 10:16 PM
Those were all great players and of reasonable character. (Sims has had some issues, but I think most will say that he's pretty decent guy.) What do they have to do with any discussion on CT?

Let's go back: CT had essentially one great game as a Sooner. One. And then he got busted for selling cocaine.

That's worth $10?

Sigh.

gaylordfan1
4/7/2011, 10:27 PM
It would be a great story if K. Thompson turns out to be a Sooner great. I liked that he stayed at his comfortable position at QB even if he would get more PT at anoer position. I respect that.

Leroy Lizard
4/7/2011, 10:30 PM
Sigh.

Yeah, but I'm right. Admit it.

picasso
4/7/2011, 10:41 PM
Yeah, but I'm right. Admit it.

One game? You're an idiot.

Leroy Lizard
4/7/2011, 10:48 PM
One game? You're an idiot.

List the great games of CT.

StoopTroup
4/8/2011, 12:36 AM
Jersey is gunning for my title.

It's funny that you think you have a Title....you need to be qualified to have a title. Your use of a Streisand Effect may make you well known but not for good reason which is why many of us think you should quit while others laugh and await the Epic Fail that assuredly will result from your postings here.

Leroy Lizard
4/8/2011, 01:22 AM
It's funny that you think you have a Title....you need to be qualified to have a title. Your use of a Streisand Effect

I knew reading this was going to be a waste of time.

d.stOUgh
4/8/2011, 04:12 AM
Does the $10 include the cocaine he's selling?

I can only assume you've never made a mistake in your life.

Indeed CT had a Major brain-fart, but he has dealt with it.

That takes alot of courage to admit mistakes and have the courage to overcome them...my hat's off to CT!

CT...you've done yourself & OU a great service in that no matter what personal indiscretion you did...you Man-Up'd, took the blame and bettered yourself!

What might have been as with marcus dupree, we'll never know...

GOD Bless!

dynersooner
4/8/2011, 08:35 AM
It's funny that you think you have a Title....you need to be qualified to have a title. Your use of a Streisand Effect may make you well known but not for good reason which is why many of us think you should quit while others laugh and await the Epic Fail that assuredly will result from your postings here.

WINNING!

picasso
4/8/2011, 09:07 AM
List the great games of CT.

Off the top of my head, oSu and Texas. And that's not mentioning how well he played at Nebraska although the stats don't show that.

You're an instigating type of dork..

Leroy Lizard
4/8/2011, 09:43 AM
Off the top of my head, oSu and Texas. And that's not mentioning how well he played at Nebraska although the stats don't show that.

In 1987 the Texas game was already over when he came in. The 1988 Texas team only won four games all year.

We lost the Nebraska game (unless you're counting the 1987 game, which is his lone claim to fame).

OSU? Okay, I can give you that one, since that was at least a decent team.

CT is vastly overrated as a QB.

cccasooner2
4/8/2011, 10:55 AM
.....Streisand Effect ,,,,.

Well she does give great nose.

picasso
4/8/2011, 02:45 PM
In 1987 the Texas game was already over when he came in. The 1988 Texas team only won four games all year.

We lost the Nebraska game (unless you're counting the 1987 game, which is his lone claim to fame).

OSU? Okay, I can give you that one, since that was at least a decent team.

CT is vastly overrated as a QB.

I don't give a **** when he came in against Texas and how bad they were then. They were still loaded with talent on defense he ran around and past them faster than any Sooner QB I've ever seen.
And, I don't ever recall reading anywhere on the internet that CT was better than other great Sooner QB's but you're just a flat out turd sandwich if you want to poo poo is play.

badger
4/8/2011, 02:58 PM
I know Charles Thompson has had some past issues, but I met him a few years ago when getting a gift for a friend (autographs on a football at Red/White) and he seemed like a very nice man. And also, he raised his son to be a Sooner. Can't be too bad of a daddy to raise a Sooner, amirite? :)

I'm sure if he didn't have a good relationship with Kendall they wouldn't have done a cover together. I think it's a wonderful story of redemption for Charles to go from SI cover to sharing another cover with his son.

Oh and SI did a follow-up in 2001. You can read it here. (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1023946/index.htm)

picasso
4/8/2011, 03:09 PM
I know Charles Thompson has had some past issues, but I met him a few years ago when getting a gift for a friend (autographs on a football at Red/White) and he seemed like a very nice man. And also, he raised his son to be a Sooner. Can't be too bad of a daddy to raise a Sooner, amirite? :)

I'm sure if he didn't have a good relationship with Kendall they wouldn't have done a cover together. I think it's a wonderful story of redemption for Charles to go from SI cover to sharing another cover with his son.

Oh and SI did a follow-up in 2001. You can read it here. (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1023946/index.htm)
Well, he's Leroy Lizard. I mean, Leroy is a keyboard commando for heaven's sake!

Leroy Lizard
4/8/2011, 03:25 PM
I don't give a **** when he came in against Texas and how bad they were then. They were still loaded with talent on defense he ran around and past them faster than any Sooner QB I've ever seen.

They were completely gassed.

He played well, but it does matter when he came in. That UT was already whipped and exhausted.

And, I don't ever recall reading anywhere on the internet that CT was better than other great Sooner QB's but you're just a flat out turd sandwich if you want to poo poo is play.

At times he played great. But his career at OU was mostly unremarkable. How many games did he even start? Seven?

His main claim to fame was one big victory over a great Nebraska team, a loss in the national title game (in which he stunk), a solid victory over a good OSU team, and an arrest for peddling narcotics.

Tons of talent. Lots of potential. But a bust. Just another athlete famous for his notoriety. If he had dropped out of school instead of getting nailed for narcotics sales, he wouldn't be fetching $10 a pop for his autographs. And that is how sick our society has become.

Leroy Lizard
4/8/2011, 03:27 PM

I have nothing against Kendall. I just don't get the idol worship for a man who broke the law and embarrassed the university. Sure, he's apparently cleaned his act up, but why not praise those who have led clean lives their entire life? That is much more commanding of respect. But they don't get money for their autographs.

If there was one player that I really wished had never become a Sooner, that would be Charles Thompson.