PDA

View Full Version : Because it's offseason, gimee ideas for offseason polls

badger
4/7/2011, 12:28 PM
Here's some that I'm thinking:

1- Best part about the 2010-2011 football season
Nominees: Texas going 5-7, OU finally winning another BCS bowl, Beating Nebbish in Big 12 title game, sending them outta the Big 12 as losers, ...?

2- Hottest guys in OU football history
Nominees: Joe Jon Finley, Garrett Hartley, Adrian Peterson, Trent Smith, ...?

3- Biggest win of Stoops era (sans the 2000 title!)
Nominees: OU/Nebbish 2000, OU/Texas 2000, OU/KSU 2000 for Big 12 title, Rose Bowl 2003, OU/osu 2004, OU/Baylor in OT (2005), OU/Neb 2006 for Big 12 title, OU/Mizzou 2007, OU/Mizzou 2007 for Big 12 title, OU/Tech 2008, OU/Mizzou 2008 for Big 12 title, OU/Nebbish 2009 for Big 12 title, 2010 Fiesta Bowl ends BCS drought.

4- Worst of Stoops era
Nominees: Losing to OSU in 01/02, Losing to KSU in 2003 Big 12 title, Losing three title games (03,04,09), The Rhett Bomar/JD Quinn fiasco, Any coaching job rumors that the media has ever brought up, NFL or otherwise, the Oregon ref screwjob, Sam Bradford's injury and re-injury

5- Best of Stoops era (OTHER THAN THE TITLE!)
Nominees: Jason White winning the Heisman, Sam Bradford winning the Heisman, Beating Texas 5 times in a row, Making it to four national championship games, winning the Big 12 seven times, having four NFL first round draft picks in 2010.

6- Best player of Stoops era
Nominees: Josh Heupel, TRRW, Q, AD, Jason White, Sam Bradford, GK

7- Who do you hate most (other than Texas):
Nominees: Miami, USC, Notre Dame, Tim Tebow, Florida State, Oklahoma State

8- Best final score to use as a security code password
Nominees: 14-02 (2000 title game), 63-14 (2000 Texas), 65-13 (2003 Texas), 52-09 (Poke beatdown 2003), 12-00 (2004 Texas), 65-21 (Tech 2008), 23-20 (2010 Big 12 title)

9- Best Sooner name to give your first born:
Nominees: Bob/Robert, Josh, Roy, Quentin, Jason, Adrian, Gerald, Sam, Landry

10- What outlandish prediction for 2011-2012 are most comfortable shouting outloud?
Nominees: Landry wins Heisman, We'll win the Big 12, We'll win every game, We'll win the national title, We'll beat Texas by 50, We'll beat Poke by 50, Texas will go 5-7 again, Nebraska's gonna suck in the Big Ten, Colorado's not gonna suck in the Pac 12.

This board is DEADER THAN DEAD. Let me know what you think of the poll ideas and nominees and if there are any you'd add or leave out. HELP THIS BOARD SURVIVE OFFSEASON! :eek:

dynersooner
4/7/2011, 12:34 PM
Do the Hottest Guy. Its gonna be Roger Steffan's boyfriend, for sure!!!

LakeRat
4/7/2011, 12:37 PM
Should there be a new delete me thread started?

Yes, the old one has become very difficult to sift through.

No, if its not broke, don't fix it.

Mississippi Sooner
4/7/2011, 12:38 PM
Should there be a new delete me thread started?

Yes, the old one has become very difficult to sift through.

No, if its not broke, don't fix it.

+1 :D

Soonerjeepman
4/7/2011, 12:39 PM
ummm, I'd say skip #2...no offense...now maybe a Hottest SOONER thread....

Stacey D would be up there for me~

olevetonahill
4/7/2011, 01:00 PM
Did you mean to say POLE?
Should i have made this question a Pole?

badger
4/7/2011, 01:00 PM

Stacey D would be up there for me~

noob :rolleyes:

Welcome to sf.com. May I introduce you to LAST offseason???

Round one (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141963&highlight=hottest+basketball)
Play-in round (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142286&highlight=hottest+basketball)
Round two (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142416&highlight=hottest+basketball)
Final Four (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142594&highlight=hottest+basketball)
Championship game (http://www.rdhouse.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142727)

That was my gift to all you guys that put up with my womens basketball talk during last season... and I'm not going to do it again. :P

Soonerjeepman
4/7/2011, 01:06 PM
noob :rolleyes:

Welcome to sf.com. May I introduce you to LAST offseason???

Round one (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141963&highlight=hottest+basketball)
Play-in round (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142286&highlight=hottest+basketball)
Round two (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142416&highlight=hottest+basketball)
Final Four (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142594&highlight=hottest+basketball)
Championship game (http://www.rdhouse.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142727)

That was my gift to all you guys that put up with my womens basketball talk during last season... and I'm not going to do it again. :P

Badger...been around a LOOONNNGG time...was on the first message board yrs ago with Stephen A's brother and dad...it was actually more of a chat room.....can't even remember what it was called...just hadn't been on here...:)

and wasn't on here til ouinsider shut down...

BTW, I'd voted for Stacey all the way through..till that last pic of Krista..wow...course I'm an old fart..so anything under 30 and decent is hot...lol...

badger
4/7/2011, 01:29 PM
it's cool. i thought i saw you around for awhile, was surprised when you said i should do a different hottest sooner poll after last year's though :P

I might revisit this later, but for the time being, everyone would vote for Krista again en masse.

A Sooner in Texas
4/7/2011, 01:38 PM
Baj, those are all great poll ideas. (and great pole ideas,too, Vet.:P) Why not one or two of those a week for now while you and every other creative person here comes up with more ideas?
It is dead here; another reason to hate the offseason. The polls would add some interest.

badger
4/7/2011, 02:19 PM
All right then... which order should I go... and are the nominees OK? I was just thinking off the top of my head. I probably missed some better options on some.

ouduckhunter
4/7/2011, 03:15 PM
Worst band/band member pictures....Those pictures of the two fat Texas he/she band members come to mind! :D

jersey sooner
4/7/2011, 03:21 PM
1. Beating Nebraska in the Big XII finale

2. Bud Wilkinson ;)

3. 2000 OU/Nebraska

4. Losing to KSU in 2003

5. Beating texas 5 times in a row

6. Tie: Roy/AD

7. Tim Tebow

8. 65-13

9. Roy

10. We will play Bama in the NCG

jersey sooner
4/7/2011, 03:22 PM

I'm comfortable answering it :D

deweydw
4/7/2011, 03:57 PM
I like #1 and #3 to start out. But I think you need to add the OSU trifecta on #1.

badger
4/7/2011, 04:03 PM
I like #1 and #3 to start out. But I think you need to add the OSU trifecta on #1.

OSU trifecta... you mean

1- Dez leaves OSU
2- Then drags Blackmon down for a MNF game which he gets a DUI returning from, then
3- WE LOSE TO THEM GOONERZ

THAT trifecta??? :stunned:

OUstud
4/7/2011, 04:06 PM
2001 Orange Bowl's final score was 13-2, c'mon!

badger
4/7/2011, 04:33 PM
2001 Orange Bowl's final score was 13-2, c'mon!

Shame on me... but I hadn't moved down here yet, so that's my excuse :P

As such, let us eliminate the "hottest category" for the time being and add in a new one: "Top laments of being a Sooner."

1- There's no parking.
And if there is, the frats want $10 for it, then you can't leave till the two other cars they parked behind you leave... and they never do. Gawd, you miss that car...

2- Back back Top Dawg/Daug
Even with the horse pigs looking less pig-like in appearance, you long for the good ol' days of having less costumed mascots at football games and more costumed dogs as basketball games.

3- "Gaylord Family Oklahoma Memorial Stadium"
No, nobody believes you Joe C. and David Boren that the Gaylords had to be arm-twisted and tortured with massive begging and pleading to agree to put their name boldly on the top of our beloved Memorial Stadium. And our mini Washington Monument doesn't make up for it, either!

4- Sooner/Brave
Nobody cares if you stand, remove your hat or get the rest of the words wrong, you just better d@mn well know whether you're in a "Sooner" section or a "Brave" section.

5- The weather
C'mon cloud, I'm standing at the top of the newest section lording over the student section with my comfy donor seatback and elevator access... WHY CAN'T YOU LORD OVER ME?! WHY are you giving those cheapskates in the old upper deck the shade? CLOUD ME, DAMMIT!

6- The band
They either play Boomer Sooner too much or not enough, but whatever the case may be, it is wrong. And it's not as loud as back when I used to sit next to them in the student section. Boo...mer.

7- Security
Your water bottle has to be empty before you enter (but you can purchase a full one instead for $5), you can't re-enter after wolfing down 20 beers at halftime and I need a MEDICAL REASON to get my screaming kid's blankie outta the car?!

8- Opposing fans
Yes, rude Florida State fan, we heard you during the moment of silence. Why are so many bright orange shirts around me this season? We only lost... five games now? Sh!t, what is a Texas fan doing up here in Norman...

9- Bleacher etiquette
Why does the guy behind you always want to sit and the guy in front of you always want to stand? And why is your seatback clearly encroaching on my number butt space? Why is everyone's garbage where my feet are supposed to be?!

10- The Wave
Is it third quarter already? We're only up by 50 surely they won't... oh crap, they're starting it. Tee hee, it died... wait, they're trying again? Haha, died again? Wait... STOP TRYING TO GET THE WAVE STARTED. Shoot, here it comes... WOOOOOOO! OK, now don't come back! ...crap.

Anything else?

ouduckhunter
4/7/2011, 04:42 PM
Best and worst of the Horse Pigs!

StoopTroup
4/7/2011, 05:06 PM
Why?

badger
4/7/2011, 06:00 PM
Why?

Because it's offseason
Because it's offseason
Because it's offseason
Because it's offseason
Because it's offseason
Because it's offseason
Because it's offseason
Because it's offseason
Because it's offseason
Because it's offseason
Because it's offseason
Because it's offseason

In case you didn't see the thread title, once more:

Because it's offseason

:D

deweydw
4/7/2011, 06:54 PM
OSU trifecta... you mean

1- Dez leaves OSU
2- Then drags Blackmon down for a MNF game which he gets a DUI returning from, then
3- WE LOSE TO THEM GOONERZ

THAT trifecta??? :stunned:

1. We beat them in Stoolwater, which
2. Knocks them out of the CCG and (correct me if I'm wrong)
3. Keeps them out of a BCS bowl.

That trifecta.

Leroy Lizard
4/11/2011, 10:37 AM
Here's some that I'm thinking:

Nominees: Texas going 5-7, OU finally winning another BCS bowl, Beating Nebbish in Big 12 title game, sending them outta the Big 12 as losers, ...?

The Heisman park in Florida got me wondering if we could slip in Texas' unveiling of their own statues. That was gold and worth many laughs. Kept LSUGeek busy. Anything that gets Shaggy into conniptions is worth something.

BillyBall
4/11/2011, 11:06 AM
1) OU winning Big 12 Title
2) N/A
3) OU/Nebraska 2000
4) Losing 3 NC games
5) 7 Big 12 Titles
6) Tommie Harris
7) Miami
8) 65-13
9) Uwe
10) We'll win the Big 12

badger
4/11/2011, 02:57 PM
Round one of "save this dead board" is underway. Here is what I'm thinking for next week:

I am going to redo the nominees though. Here is what I am thinking:

a) Texas goes 5-7
b) USC bowl ban
c) OU over Neb in final Big 12 title game
d) No more Tebow
e) Cheating exposure of someone besides OU for once
f) OSU "dream season" includes crap tier bowl, OU loss, co-champ rings
g) Conference reallignment
h) Write-in

Always need write ins :P

JLEW1818
4/11/2011, 03:08 PM
who keeps giving all the 1star to all threads?

I'll slap your face :D

BoomerJack
4/11/2011, 03:10 PM
FWIW, I think one of the nominee's for best name of a Sooner to name someone after should be "Joe Don". Another would be "Tommy Mack".

GDC
4/11/2011, 10:00 PM
Best OU juco transfer?
Former OU player who became the best coach?
Best group of OU wide receivers?
Who's better, Griffin or Tisdale?
Meanest OU football player?

Leroy Lizard
4/12/2011, 03:16 AM

Are you a Horn shill?

badger
4/12/2011, 02:46 PM
FWIW, I think one of the nominee's for best name of a Sooner to name someone after should be "Joe Don". Another would be "Tommy Mack".

Joe Jon :P and I probably should do that one, because even if I give 100 options, I'll probably leave many posters' favorite names out, even in jest (Uwe? OK... but I'm gonna sneak to your baby mama's hospital and put that on the birth certificate for you)

Best OU juco transfer?
I would need severe help with that one... but it's a long summer, so I'd be willing to hold out for nominee help.

Why don't I retitle that one "Joke's on rival" and make the top nominee "Your stadium is named after an OU All-American." :D

Best group of OU wide receivers?
I could probably do the Stoops era ones... but again, would need help with the more historic ones.

Who's better, Griffin or Tisdale?
04 probably already negged you just for asking, but in general, gonna leave the basketball in the basketball forum, because otherwise, that place is deader than this one during offseason. :D

Meanest OU football player?
Bawwww, we don't have meanie Sooners. We just want to give our opponents hugs :D

Leroy Lizard
4/12/2011, 06:51 PM
I could probably do the Stoops era ones... but again, would need help with the more historic ones.

I wouldn't worry too much about the WR corps pre-Stoops. We had some good WRs, but nothing like the Clayton and Broyles crews.

badger
4/18/2011, 04:13 PM
I was thinking of doing a brief detour for the next one. We still regularly play all of these songs at the stadium, correct?

Ozzy's "Crazy Train"
Rolling Stones "Start Me Up"
"The Contender" theme
House of Pain "Jump Around"
"The Hey Song"
Led Zeppelin's "Immigrant Song"

Am I missing any regulars?

MamaMia
4/18/2011, 05:15 PM
Hottest guys! Definately.

meoveryouxinfinity
4/18/2011, 07:09 PM
Home of the Sooners: is it unpatriotic?

lulz

badger
4/22/2011, 11:13 AM
With the popularity of the cupcake poll going on, I'll probably do opposite for next Monday, nominating all 10 teams in the Big 12 (nyuck nyuck at us having 10 teams in the Big 12, media will probably never stop reminding us of that during the reg season) and choosing who has the most difficult non-conf season road. Emphasis on the 10 in the current poll, the nominees for worst non-conf matchup this season

Iowa State: Iowa, @ Connecticut,
Cupcake nominee: Northern Iowa

Baylor: TCU, Rice
Cupcake nominee: Stephen F. Austin

Mizzou: @ Arizona State, Miami (Ohio)
Cupcake nominee: Western Illinois

Kansas: @ Georgia Tech, Northern Illinois
Cupcake nominees: McNeese State

KSU: @ Miami (Florida)
Cupcake nominees: Eastern Kentucky, Kent State

Tech: @ Nevada
Cupcake nominees: @ New Mexico, Texas State