PDA

View Full Version : Garcia 0 for 5, chances for being a ZERO at an all time high...

No1Better
4/6/2011, 10:29 PM
What a loser...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/football/ncaa/04/06/garcia.suspended.ap/index.html?eref=sihp

Leroy Lizard
4/6/2011, 11:10 PM
Now that it has, Garcia's future with the program is in jeopardy.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/football/ncaa/04/06/garcia.suspended.ap/index.html#ixzz1Io6XwTfD

And to think he's only on his fifth suspension. Tough conference.

OU-HSV
4/6/2011, 11:26 PM
What I don't get is the fact that he's been in trouble and pretty much made an *** out of himself since he's been there. WTF will it take for Spurrier to just say "that's it you're off the team for good". Spurrier has been and is still being too easy on this kid and I don't understand why. It's not like he's an amazing QB...just kick his *** off the team and move in. You think Stoops would've put up with this sh*t from this assclown for this long? (I think we all know the answer to that, hell no).

TheHumanAlphabet
4/7/2011, 02:08 AM
What has he done in the past?

Sooner in Tampa
4/7/2011, 06:10 AM
He has keyed a professors car, been arrested for minor in possession of alcohol, and suspended for gaffing off team meetings.

This is a local kid from here in Tampa so we get all of the updates/low lights...ANOTHER hot shot kid out of high school who's going to waste a ton of talent

sooner518
4/7/2011, 09:00 AM

apparently got completely wasted the night/morning before their bowl game and was found in his hotel room with 5 girls, 2 of which were naked. i thought that was the funniest.

rekamrettuB
4/7/2011, 09:01 AM
Seems like Garcia has been there about 10 years.

BoulderSooner79
4/7/2011, 09:10 AM
apparently got completely wasted the night/morning before their bowl game and was found in his hotel room with 5 girls, 2 of which were naked. i thought that was the funniest.

He only went 2 for 5? What a loser.

JLEW1818
4/7/2011, 09:12 AM
2 for 5 aint a bad %

NorCal Sooner
4/7/2011, 10:14 AM

Is that frowned upon?

JLEW1818
4/7/2011, 10:15 AM
dang, good for this kid. ^

adoniijahsooner
4/7/2011, 04:05 PM
2 for 5 aint a bad %

Especially if he hit triples or homeruns with his favorite bat.

stoops the eternal pimp
4/7/2011, 04:37 PM
battin .400 is hall of fame numbers

badger
4/7/2011, 05:00 PM
Spurrier gave Garcia about a dozen suggestions on how to be a better quarterback and teammates. Top of that list was to cut his long hair, something Garcia immediately did.

Seriously? A haircut? :rolleyes:

badger
4/7/2011, 05:08 PM
So I was reading up on Garcia when I saw an article on the new TCU rings so I just had to share that:http://mit.zenfs.com/214/2011/04/TCU-Ring.jpg

And from there, read that Nike is yet again redesigning TCU's uniforms... and they don't totally suck this time. You can see em here:
Linky (http://gofrogs.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/tcu-m-footbl-body.html)

Nothing to do with Garcia, I know. Carry on...

StoopTroup
4/7/2011, 05:20 PM
What are those rings for? Did they win something important?

jumperstop
4/7/2011, 05:35 PM
What are those rings for? Did they win something important?

That's what I was thinking. Where is the big number 2 on them?

mightysooner
4/7/2011, 06:59 PM
What about Garcia's SEC speed?

OU-HSV
4/7/2011, 07:22 PM

NTTAWWT
;)

TheHumanAlphabet
4/7/2011, 07:56 PM
Wow. Sort of sounds like a jerky or hateful Joe Namath...

AlbqSooner
4/7/2011, 07:59 PM
was found in his hotel room with 5 girls, 2 of which were naked.

Were they white girls?;)

Sooner13
4/7/2011, 09:09 PM
Seriously? A haircut? :rolleyes:

This. I don't get today's society and the view on men having longer hair. It apparently hasn't hurt Tom Brady's ability on the football field.

Tulsa_Fireman
4/7/2011, 09:28 PM
It means you like wieners.

CrimsonCommando
4/8/2011, 11:17 AM
Is that frowned upon?

Umh ...I'm with NorCal here. I liked the kid before, and now I think I like him a whole hell of a lot more.

LakeRat
4/8/2011, 11:34 AM

Suspended? Should have been promoted to team captain!

badger
4/8/2011, 11:36 AM
I know Garcia is talented and all, but Spurrier's most critical position has always been the QB and he has been known to switch stuff up at QB without explanation. One week, he could be dancing around the student section wearing matching "My **** is Smelly" shirts, the next week he'd be back with his original starter, now Garcia.

(I have no idea if Smelly is still on campus or what happened to him, but those shirts were quite memorable)

soonerloyal
4/9/2011, 08:15 AM
"Stephen has exhibited behavior that is unacceptable for one of our student-athletes," he said. "Therefore, he has forfeited the privilege to participate in any football related activity until further notice."

Spurrier had praised Garcia's focus this spring, but now sounds like a frustrated parent who can't get his point across.

"We try to tell him to do the right thing, but like I said, when he gets out on his own, he's going to do his own thing," Spurrier said. "He's a grown man and he has to take the consequences."

Unacceptable? How in the hell does any player on that team gauge what's unacceptable when poor behavior is tolerated/ignored time and again? What consequences?

Thank God for Stoops.

OU-HSV
4/9/2011, 11:03 PM
"Stephen has exhibited behavior that is unacceptable for one of our student-athletes," he said. "Therefore, he has forfeited the privilege to participate in any football related activity until further notice."

Spurrier had praised Garcia's focus this spring, but now sounds like a frustrated parent who can't get his point across.

"We try to tell him to do the right thing, but like I said, when he gets out on his own, he's going to do his own thing," Spurrier said. "He's a grown man and he has to take the consequences."

Unacceptable? How in the hell does any player on that team gauge what's unacceptable when poor behavior is tolerated/ignored time and again? What consequences?

Thank God for Stoops.
Exactly.

soonerloyal
6/3/2011, 03:08 PM
Bumping to say...it figures. This asshat got away with it again.

Reiterating: THANK GOD FOR BOB STOOPS.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=6607263

Mad Dog Madsen
6/3/2011, 03:27 PM
Bumping to say...it figures. This asshat got away with it again.

Reiterating: THANK GOD FOR BOB STOOPS.

If you don't have a link this could be considered the "Worst Bump Ever!" I take it he is reinstated or something??? :confused:

SoonerofAlabama
6/3/2011, 03:32 PM
Here is the story:

South Carolina quarterback Stephen Garcia will be allowed to participate in voluntary summer workouts with the football team, the school announced Monday.

Garcia had been indefinitely suspended from the program since April 6, after sources told ESPN.com's Chris Low that Garcia was disruptive and loud at a mandatory leadership seminar. According to the sources, alcohol could be detected on Garcia's breath and he was asked to leave.

Garcia later admitted to South Carolina coach Steve Spurrier that he had been drinking before the event while celebrating teammate Kyle Nunn's birthday, the sources said.

It was the fifth time Garcia, a fifth-year senior, had been suspended by the team.

"Stephen is returning to the team on a probationary basis and still has to do some things here for the next two or three months to prove himself worthy of being a student-athlete at South Carolina," Spurrier said in a statement released by the university. "We will give him another chance and hopefully he can do the right things and represent the university in a first-class manner."

Garcia was also suspended for the first week of spring practice by Spurrier for violating undisclosed team rules during the Gamecocks' trip to the Chick-fil-A Bowl. Shortly after, Garcia pledged that he would be smarter about his actions and that there would be no more incidents involving him.

Garcia's first three suspensions were related to incidents with the law. He had two misdemeanor arrests during his first two months on campus as a freshman. A third arrest a year later prevented him from working out with the team for more than four months.

"Our main goal for Stephen at this time is to assist him in developing the decision-making skills that are needed for managing life in general, whether as a student-athlete, a person, an employee, a spouse or a parent," South Carolina athletic director Eric Hyman said. "With assistance from others, we have developed a list of measurable guidelines for Stephen to follow.

"I want to make it clear those guidelines, which will remain confidential, are designed to help him live a successful life and are not some trivial hoops for him to jump through in order to find a way to reinstate him," Hyman said. "So the ball clearly rests in Stephen Garcia's hands."

After Garcia was suspended indefinitely, sophomore Connor Shaw replaced him in the spring lineup. Shaw was 17-of-27 passing for 176 yards and a touchdown. During his freshman year, Shaw threw just 33 times in nine appearances.

Garcia's status will be evaluated again before the start of fall camp. The team is scheduled to report to camp on August 2, with the first full squad workout set for August 3.

Garcia has started 28 consecutive games for the Gamecocks and is 17-13 as a starter. He earned a bachelors degree in sociology from the university in May.

The Gamecocks are coming off a 9-5 season in which they captured the SEC Eastern Division title for the first time in school history.

soonerloyal
6/3/2011, 03:43 PM
If you don't have a link this could be considered the "Worst Bump Ever!" I take it he is reinstated or something??? :confused:

Edited to re-add link

Do you need me to stick around & cut up your food for ya? :D

KantoSooner
6/3/2011, 04:20 PM
Drunk, loud, obnoxious, passed out in a running shower with naked women on a game day morning and does it over and over and over again with no sanction, no repurcussion and largely no bad press.

WELCOME TO THE SEC!

CrimsonCommando
6/3/2011, 04:24 PM
Think he can beat his record and pull off the six girls in a room, three of which are naked?

I for one will be rooting for this.

KantoSooner
6/3/2011, 04:48 PM
The only question is his discipline and commitment. He HAS the talent.

SoonerofAlabama
6/3/2011, 04:52 PM
Yes, he is talented, but he isn't a proven winner as the article states. 17-13 as a starter is not good.

Mad Dog Madsen
6/3/2011, 04:55 PM
Edited to re-add link

Do you need me to stick around & cut up your food for ya? :D

Yes, please. Wipe my @$$ while you're at it...

badger
6/3/2011, 05:06 PM
Whatever you do, don't lock him in a dark shed, especially if his daddy works for a big sports media company. :rolleyes:

texaspokieokie
6/3/2011, 05:11 PM
think of all the times he's ****ed up & didn't get caught.

soonerloyal
6/3/2011, 05:35 PM
Yes, please. Wipe my @$$ while you're at it...

If I wanted any sh*t from you, I'd wipe it off yer lips.

;) *hug*

TheHumanAlphabet
6/3/2011, 07:10 PM
Sad that a guy that is 17 and 13 is worth all the extra chances... Don't know if this says more about $purrier or $outh Carolina?