we've come a long *** ways from 3-29

I'll be @ Game 1 hope we draw Portland

THUNDER the **** UP

starclassic tama
4/6/2011, 09:51 PM
hang that banner bitches!

silverwheels
4/6/2011, 09:59 PM
Portland? No thanks. I'd rather pass Dallas and play New Orleans in the first round.

SoonerNate
4/6/2011, 10:04 PM
Congrats to your Thunder. At least you guys can find a way to win games without your best player. We can't.

Quik Sand
4/6/2011, 10:05 PM
I cant wait to be there when they drop the banner!!

SoonerNate
4/6/2011, 10:09 PM
Being orig from OKC, this is pretty surreal. I remember when the best we had back there was the 89'ers.

silverwheels
4/6/2011, 10:17 PM
Dallas lost so we're one game back of the 3 seed right now. Although with the way the Spurs are playing, I almost want to keep the 4 seed, teabag the ****ing Nuggets, and play San Antonio in the 2nd round.

sperry
4/7/2011, 10:23 AM
Dallas lost so we're one game back of the 3 seed right now. Although with the way the Spurs are playing, I almost want to keep the 4 seed, teabag the ****ing Nuggets, and play San Antonio in the 2nd round.

This. The 4 seed you get the Nuggets who lost their best players mid season in the first round, and you avoid the Lakers in the 2nd round. Much better situation.

starclassic tama
4/7/2011, 02:26 PM
either way, if the lakers win you are going to have to face them anyways to advance, so i'm not sure it matters much.

Sooner98
4/7/2011, 02:41 PM

A part of me feels this way, another part wants to get the best record and the highest seed possible. What if we get the #3, and end up with the Hornets in the first round? Most people think that would be the most favorable first-round matchup. Also, what if we should happen to match up with the Mavericks, say, in the Conference finals, should we make it that far? You'd certainly like to have the home court advantage in that one.

Quik Sand
4/7/2011, 02:42 PM
Mark Rodgers on the Animal today kept saying that last night's game was meaningless. I guess he did not realize that the Thunder actually clinched the division by winning the game. To me that is pretty meaningful.

jumperstop
4/7/2011, 02:42 PM
They were talking on the radio about Matt Pinto saying last night that the Mavericks could be losing on purpose to get the fourth seed. Mark Rodgers wasn't buying it, but it makes a lot of sense. Especially since Pinto was a part of the Dallas organization a few years back apparently.

This is just the first step in the right direction. Hopefully we can claim a Western Conference title or NBA title in the near future.

jumperstop
4/7/2011, 02:44 PM
Double post...

Collier11
4/9/2011, 11:39 AM
NBA is the only sport where Division titles dont matter and are never talked about, weird

Partial Qualifier
4/9/2011, 02:59 PM
They were talking on the radio about Matt Pinto saying last night that the Mavericks could be losing on purpose to get the fourth seed.

So much for Pinto's theory - Dallas definitely wanted to win vs. the Clippers last night

NBA is the only sport where Division titles dont matter and are never talked about, weird

They matter for home-court advantage in playoff seedings though, right? a div crown trumps all other tiebreakers

oumartin
4/9/2011, 03:02 PM
yip, division titles mean something in the event of tiebreakers

Collier11
4/10/2011, 12:17 PM
So much for Pinto's theory - Dallas definitely wanted to win vs. the Clippers last night

They matter for home-court advantage in playoff seedings though, right? a div crown trumps all other tiebreakers

I mean to fans and media, If my Cards win the NL Central or my Chiefs win the AFC West it is a big deal, in the NBA it isnt celebrated

Partial Qualifier
4/10/2011, 01:28 PM
I mean to fans and media, If my Cards win the NL Central or my Chiefs win the AFC West it is a big deal, in the NBA it isnt celebrated

I know what you're saying, it's an afterthought in the big picture

I really want to win in LA this evening

Collier11
4/10/2011, 01:43 PM
that'd make for a good Sunday evening

jumperstop
4/10/2011, 11:45 PM
What a good game tonight. Thunder played well throughout and really stuck it to the lakers late in the fourth. We are now only one game back from both LA and Dallas, although I think we would have to win out and have the lakers lose their regaining games to reach the second seed. Either way this team showed tonight that it can win against a championship caliber team on the road.

misplacedsooner
4/11/2011, 02:05 AM
just kicked the **** outta the lakers. damn we look good. barring a let down we should win out and end with 56 wins... not too shabby. lakers have san antone next. lakers have toe breaker with us if we finish tied but we own tie breaker with dallas being division champs. at this point i could care less who we match up with as whomever it is will receive a beating they will never.....ever forget.