PDA

View Full Version : Jimbo Fisher's youngest son ill

soonerloyal
4/6/2011, 06:52 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/acc/2011-04-01-florida-state-fisher-son-ill_N.htm

Florida State coach Jimbo Fisher's son has medical issue

Jimbo Fisher and his wife, Candi, asked Friday for prayers and support from Florida State football fans as they try to cope with a medical issue involving their youngest son, Ethan.

Jimbo Fisher, beginning his second year as Florida State's head football coach, missed Tuesday's practice to take Ethan, 5, to an out-of-town doctor's appointment. Without saying what the results of that check-up were, the Fishers acknowledged that Ethan is now facing a challenging treatment plan.

Ethan's treatment may require Fisher to miss some practice time this spring. Fisher shared the news about his son's condition with the FSU players this afternoon in a team meeting. As that meeting concluded, the Fishers released the following statement:

"Candi and I ask for your prayers as our family is dealing with a very personal matter concerning the health of our youngest child. We ask that you please respect our privacy as we deal with this as a family. We will rely on our faith, our immediate family as well as the entire Seminole family as we face these challenges in the coming months. With the right medical care and the proper optimistic approach, we are confident of positive results."

I remember years ago when Bob Stoops' daughter had her medical crisis. Prayers and best wishes for the kiddo and his family. Football is, in the end, only a game. It's our loved ones who count. Especially our children.
:(

Leroy Lizard
4/6/2011, 07:14 PM
It's time to be me. Here goes:

"Meh. A lot of kids out there have serious medical issues. They are all equally deserving of sympathy."

How did I do? Do I still have it?

SouthFortySooner
4/6/2011, 07:26 PM

"Meh. A lot of kids out there have serious medical issues. They are all equally deserving of sympathy."

One of your better countertheses but, I wish you hadn't been the first to respond to this.

MyT Oklahoma
4/6/2011, 07:32 PM
"I remember years ago when Bob Stoops' daughter had her medical crisis. Prayers and best wishes for the kiddo and his family. Football is, in the end, only a game. It's our loved ones who count. Especially our children."

Amen. I wish them only the best.

Thanks for sharing.

olevetonahill
4/6/2011, 07:47 PM
Ill say a prayer fer em as i would for any one with a sick child .
Limptard is as a much a dick as 2121:rolleyes:

SoonerNate
4/6/2011, 07:50 PM
Damn that sucks. Hope she's alright.

Soonerjeepman
4/6/2011, 08:08 PM

FIRST...let me say...prayers to the family and the child...that really sucks...

BUT....I hate to agree....I work in an urban school district...an honestly...there are TONS of everyday kids who's parents do not have the $ or notoriety to solve these issues.

I know the link wasn't meant to say this kid deserves special consideration....just pray for ALL THE SICK KIDDOS....

ok...blast me...

Leroy Lizard
4/6/2011, 08:10 PM
FIRST...let me say...prayers to the family and the child...that really sucks...

BUT....I hate to agree....I work in an urban school district...an honestly...there are TONS of everyday kids who's parents do not have the $ or notoriety to solve these issues.

I know the link wasn't meant to say this kid deserves special consideration....just pray for ALL THE SICK KIDDOS....

ok...blast me...

What a glory hog.

Soonerjeepman
4/6/2011, 08:17 PM
What a glory hog.

really? I was halfway agreeing with ya...now I know the "why"...

have a great evening...:pop:

OK2LA
4/6/2011, 08:36 PM
Is that short for Illinois?

Strange name for a boy.

soonerloyal
4/6/2011, 10:03 PM
Whatever you feel comfortable with, and why. It's all good.