PDA

View Full Version : Think tradition doesn't matter?

BOOMERBRADLEY
4/6/2011, 11:52 AM
The next time an osu sheephumper uses the line "Well, tradition doesn't matter. Our new facilities...gaining ground...next year...OU is scared...Kid's don't care what happened 30 years ago...etc"

Tell them to look at their own school for PROOF that tradition does matter. I present to you the OKLAHOMA STATE GOLF TEAM. When you think Stillwater, Oklahoma you automatically think championship golf courses, rolling hills, steep terrain changes, ocean views, oh wait....nevermind. They got some good players back in the day and started winning and more players came because they were WINNING. It took a long time for them to accomplish this winning tradition and they are dominant in their particular sport at this time. This is what tradition can get you. And for you orange sheep lurking please remember this the next time your fan base starts spewing nonsense out of their mouth about passing OU in football.

picasso
4/6/2011, 11:59 AM
Well yeah, you just tell them those old trophies in GIA don't mean ****.

NormanPride
4/6/2011, 12:19 PM
I have never heard a poke make this argument.

badger
4/6/2011, 12:28 PM
Poke envy is seen far more often than Poke taunting. They don't hate us, they want to be us. They only WISH they were fairweather fan cheatin' gooners :stunned:

BOOMERBRADLEY
4/6/2011, 12:29 PM
I have never heard a poke make this argument.

visit orangepower and your mind will be blown away

XingTheRubicon
4/6/2011, 01:03 PM
I'm sorry, but Lon Kruger looks like the logo for angry birds.

NormanPride
4/6/2011, 01:09 PM
visit orangepower and your mind will be blown away
I endeavor not to ruin my mental faculties.

Honestly, why do you all read OP, Shaggy, or bleacherreport. It's like you're sick of being happy and content with our awesomeness and want to be mad that someone doesn't like our success.

CowboyMRW
4/6/2011, 02:06 PM
Poke envy is seen far more often than Poke taunting. They don't hate us, they want to be us. They only WISH they were fairweather fan cheatin' gooners :stunned:

Why would we wish we could cheer for a school that we never attended, work at Wal-Mart, wear a mullet everyday, beat our wives and children, and have to drink Natty Light. That sounds awful. :D ;)

fwsooner22
4/6/2011, 02:09 PM
Why would we wish we could cheer for a school that we never attended, work at Wal-Mart, wear a mullet everyday, beat our wives and children, and have to drink Natty Light. That sounds awful. :D ;)

That person you described is your cousin, he's just smarter than you; see he saw the light and roots for a winner, has a job, and none of his body has ever seen the inside of a sheep. ;)

CowboyMRW
4/6/2011, 02:14 PM
That person you described is your cousin, he's just smarter than you; see he saw the light and roots for a winner, has a job, and none of his body has ever seen the inside of a sheep. ;)

You know it's cold in the Winter and the sheep are really warm when the wool is fully grown out; not to mention how soft they are to lay your head upon. Plus they don't nag at you like a wife or girlfriend would for not cleaning up or something petty like that.

SoonerOX
4/6/2011, 02:15 PM

I'll take Natty light over Beast ice any day.

badger
4/6/2011, 02:32 PM

You only wish the richest family in America wanted to sell your crappy orange gear and that you weren't so bald that you couldn't grow some form of hairdo.

As for why you want to cheer for a school you never attended, why are Yankee hats on the heads of people that never lived in New York? WINNING! As for beating wives and children, we let them win occasionally, we don't beat them ALL of the time... you're just jealous because you've never been able to beat them.

Natty Light is currently one of the top-selling beers in the country. Don't hate us or Natty Light because we're popular.

:stunned:

ouduckhunter
4/6/2011, 02:50 PM
Poke envy is seen far more often than Poke taunting.

HaHa, classic!!

agoo758
4/6/2011, 05:01 PM
Ill take a Natty ice or a Natty light. The latter isn't too bad though.

badger
4/6/2011, 05:22 PM
I didn't make that crap up, btw - Natty Light is the fifth-best selling beer in the country right now, behind:

1- Bud Light
2- Bud
3- Miller Lite
4- Coors Light

Some might think they suck, but they sure can sell!

mightysooner
4/6/2011, 07:11 PM
In every group of women there's the pretty girl who get's all the attention, and an ugly girl that hangs around and copies everything she does hoping to one day be her. OSU = ugly girl.

Leroy Lizard
4/6/2011, 07:18 PM
In every group of women there's the pretty girl who get's all the attention, and an ugly girl that hangs around and copies everything she does hoping to one day be her. OSU = ugly girl.

That's not true!! [hairGel]

EDIT: Oops, I meant to post this on GoPokes, my usual hangout. My cover is blown! What will I ever do?!?!?!

CowboyMRW
4/6/2011, 08:48 PM
That is kinda impressive about it selling that much. I personally can't stand the stuff but to each their own. I think what really boosts it is college kids as they're looking for that cheap beer and Natty and Keystone provide just that

colleyvillesooner
4/6/2011, 09:09 PM
That is kinda impressive about it selling that much. I personally can't stand the stuff but to each their own. I think what really boosts it is college kids as they're looking for that cheap beer and Natty and Keystone provide just that

Ding ding. Just cause it sells well, doesn't mean it's a good product.

Look at the pet rock. It made a million dollars.

Tigeman
4/6/2011, 09:22 PM
The next time an osu sheephumper uses the line "Well, tradition doesn't matter. Our new facilities...gaining ground...next year...OU is scared...Kid's don't care what happened 30 years ago...etc"

Tell them to look at their own school for PROOF that tradition does matter. I present to you the OKLAHOMA STATE GOLF TEAM. When you think Stillwater, Oklahoma you automatically think championship golf courses, rolling hills, steep terrain changes, ocean views, oh wait....nevermind. They got some good players back in the day and started winning and more players came because they ARE PAYING STREET AGENTS. It took a long time for them to accomplish this winning tradition and they are dominant in their particular sport at this time. This is what tradition can get you. And for you orange sheep lurking please remember this the next time your fan base starts spewing nonsense out of their mouth about passing OU in football.

FIFY

CowboyMRW
4/6/2011, 10:14 PM
FIFY

I don't think we are getting very good golf players because of street agents