PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Broyles Q&A

oudavid1
4/6/2011, 09:21 AM
Q&A with Oklahoma wide receiver Ryan Broyles
Big 12, Oklahoma, college football — posted by matt murschel on April, 6 2011 7:00 AM
Discuss This: Comments(0) | Add to del.icio.us | Digg it

Oklahoma fans were more than happy to welcome Ryan Broyles back for another season. Six hours shy of graduating, the junior wide receiver announced his decision to return to the Sooners’ program rather than leave early for the NFL. One of the top receivers in the nation, Broyles had 131 receptions for 1,622 and 14 touchdowns for Oklahoma.

I recently talked to Broyles by telephone:

Q: Talk about last year and the season you guys had?

RB: It meant a lot. Getting back to a BCS bowl game. We felt we should have been in that position the year before, so it was a great rebound for us. We felt a lot of confidence going up to the Big 12 Championship.

Q: You had a record setting year, what do you attribute that to?

RB: It’s just perseverance. Working through anything, injuries and busy schedules. You just have to handle adversity and it pays off really.

Q: You surprised some people with your decision to return to Oklahoma instead of going to the NFL. Why return?

RB: I have six hours after this semester and I graduate so that’s really one of the biggest things that I pushed myself on and pride myself on as well as my family. So to come back to school, I feel like we have the right pieces next year to compete for a national championship as well. We have a lot of guys coming back with a lot of experience so I’m just looking forward to the run.

Q: What kind of relationship do you and Landry Jones have?

RB: Ah, Landry’s a cool dude. We have bible study and we are actually going to Haiti at the end of May so that’s going to be for a mission trip. So, that’s going to be a big deal. And he introduced me to a lot of things like that. But Landry is a laid back guy. We work all throughout the year and we work on timing and bringing up the younger guys as well. So, its not just about me, its about building a relationship because he is the leader of our team.

Q: So you are going to Haiti for an earthquake relief missions trip, is this the first time you have been outside of the country?

RB: Yes it is. [Laughs] I just got my passport so this will be the first time so I am excited.

Q: Do you help your teammate Kenny Stills out?

RB: Whenever we are out there on the football field, its not just two guys, it’s the whole crew. So, we are all learning daily. I’ve been playing college football awhile and I still have some things to learn so it’s a daily process where you go out there and you try to learn something new every time.

Q: Is there someone you model your game after?

RB: I used to think I was going to be a running back. So, I was all about Emmitt Smith. [Laugh] But now I am just one of those guys that people compare me to Wes Welker, he’s a slot guy.

Q: What are you looking forward to most the season?

RB: You only get so many chances, like 12 a year, we are preparing like nine months for just that one competition so that’s definitely the thing that I am looking forward to the most

Im in class. So im bored. Enjoy.

cccasooner2
4/6/2011, 09:36 AM

Does the prof know how much you are interested in his/her subject?

LL perhaps?

oudavid1
4/6/2011, 09:42 AM
Does the prof know how much you are interested in his/her subject?

LL perhaps?

whats LL?

and this and one other class are the only ones im ever on the computer. Both professors are very incoherent to whats really going on. He also is a softy. Its intro to world politics. A freshman class. Yawn.

Leroy Lizard
4/6/2011, 10:15 AM
whats LL?

and this and one other class are the only ones im ever on the computer. Both professors are very incoherent to whats really going on. He also is a softy. Its intro to world politics. A freshman class. Yawn.

Maybe you should take an interest in the class.

TahoeSOONER
4/6/2011, 10:20 AM
^ LL ^

bmjlr
4/6/2011, 11:04 AM

Screw that, sounds boring.

Leroy Lizard
4/6/2011, 12:56 PM
Screw that, sounds boring.

Working a menial job because your education sucks is even more boring.

Sooner_Tuf
4/6/2011, 01:17 PM

Thanks for the read David. By the way I didn't know you had any class :D

oudavid1
4/6/2011, 02:08 PM

I am. But the instructor is below average.

very true

Thanks for the read David. By the way I didn't know you had any class :D

very nice

Leroy Lizard
4/6/2011, 03:42 PM
I am. But the instructor is below average.

Are you going to carry the same attitude toward your coaches?

Peach Fuzz
4/6/2011, 03:48 PM
are you gonna email his profs or something?

agoo758
4/6/2011, 04:57 PM
:pop:

Never thought I would put that icon in a David thread.

cccasooner2
4/6/2011, 05:15 PM

Maybe a tweet would do?

swardboy
4/6/2011, 09:04 PM
I hope that plane to Haiti is well-checked out. Who else besides Landry, Ryan, and Stills are going on that trip?

SoonerDan74012
4/6/2011, 09:40 PM
I hope that plane to Haiti is well-checked out. Who else besides Landry, Ryan, and Stills are going on that trip?

Brennan Clay and Tony Jefferson. A few other players are going as well but don't know exactly how many.

Partial Qualifier
4/6/2011, 10:11 PM

Hey, the world needs ditch diggers too.

StoopTroup
4/7/2011, 11:28 PM
Leroid invented the Twit in Twitter.

Leroy Lizard
4/7/2011, 11:33 PM
Leroid invented the Twit in Twitter.

:rolleyes:

StoopTroup
4/8/2011, 12:17 AM
LOL I taught him.

Leroy Lizard
4/8/2011, 12:24 AM
LOL I taught him.

You're not even coherent at this point. Go to sleep.

StoopTroup
4/8/2011, 12:45 AM
You're not even coherent at this point. Go to sleep.

LOL.....You funny Leroid. You make us laugh long time....

Leroy Lizard
4/8/2011, 01:21 AM
LOL.....You funny Leroid. You make us laugh long time....

Whatever, dude.

oudavid1
4/8/2011, 02:20 AM
Are you going to carry the same attitude toward your coaches?

Im done with playing. My high school coaches (some, not all) were second rate coaches and bad people. Some of them were great men. But my feelings were clear. By the way, none of them are going to move on to the next level.

Bring it.

Maybe a tweet would do?

this

Hey, the world needs ditch diggers too.

Cadyshack!

Leroy Lizard
4/8/2011, 09:32 AM
Im done with playing. My high school coaches (some, not all) were second rate coaches and bad people. Some of them were great men. But my feelings were clear. By the way, none of them are going to move on to the next level.

I just find your excuse for putting out little effort interesting.

oudavid1
4/8/2011, 10:13 AM
I just find your excuse for putting out little effort interesting.

My excuse would be i wasnt a football player. I wasnt built for it and i decided i didnt want to be one. The fact they kept i guy like me on the team is baffling to me.

texaspokieokie
4/8/2011, 10:19 AM
yet you love the game so much you want to be a coach ??

oudavid1
4/8/2011, 10:26 AM
yet you love the game so much you want to be a coach ??

I want to learn how to be a coach. But i couldnt be a player.

Leroy Lizard
4/8/2011, 10:32 AM
I want to learn how to be a coach. But i couldnt be a player.

So what are you going to say to the player who isn't putting out much effort because he thinks you're not such a great coach?

oudavid1
4/8/2011, 11:02 AM
So what are you going to say to the player who isn't putting out much effort because he thinks you're not such a great coach?

What im saying is irrelevant, your going to attack anything i reply anyway.

But thats what you do.

Ill meet with him and try to understand why he is feeling that way, work with him to find a solution that benefits everyone.

Leroy Lizard
4/8/2011, 12:33 PM

But thats what you do.

Ill meet with him and try to understand why he is feeling that way, work with him to find a solution that benefits everyone.

Your solution will have to involve him not adopting your attitude. Otherwise you haven't solved anything.

Take an active interest in your coursework and do your best, regardless of your attitude towards the prof. I am sure that is what you would want from your players.

I'm done.

SOFSooner
4/8/2011, 01:08 PM
Spent 6 months in Haiti in '99, wouldn't want to go back! I have all the respect for the people who go there and do not have to. Just don't drink the water. Go Sooners

kbsooner21
4/8/2011, 03:06 PM
Your solution will have to involve him not adopting your attitude. Otherwise you haven't solved anything.

Take an active interest in your coursework and do your best, regardless of your attitude towards the prof. I am sure that is what you would want from your players.

I'm done.

Good, cause no one GAS

oudavid1
4/8/2011, 08:10 PM

I'm done.

Good, cause no one GAS

Well I appreciate his advice. It means something to me. I do my best to do my best. But I'm so far ahead tba I've gotten 1/3 of my college done in 2 semesters. I'm not worried.

Leroy Lizard
4/8/2011, 10:07 PM
Well I appreciate his advice. It means something to me. I do my best to do my best. But I'm so far ahead tba I've gotten 1/3 of my college done in 2 semesters. I'm not worried.

It's not a race. ;)

btb916
4/9/2011, 11:13 AM
1. Don't pay attention in freshman-level class.
2. Become ditch digger or lifetime cashier at Wal Mart.

That's some sound thinking, right there.

oudavid1
4/9/2011, 12:55 PM
It's not a race. ;)

Oh dont worry, im just getting as much done so my fall semesters are not crowded.

1. Don't pay attention in freshman-level class.
2. Become ditch digger or lifetime cashier at Wal Mart.

That's some sound thinking, right there.

Surely your not talking to me.

Sooner_Tuf
4/9/2011, 03:55 PM

But thats what you do.

David you just grew up and became aware of your surroundings. Congrats :cool:

If you want to see Leroy do something different fidget with your zipper. :D

Oh make sure you have your tennis shoes on!

oudavid1
4/9/2011, 03:56 PM

oh wow. this thread.

Leroy Lizard
4/9/2011, 03:57 PM

You're not going to join the Legion of the Obsessed too, are you?

StoopTroup
4/9/2011, 04:40 PM

There one way to make the legion go away.....

http://www.marieclaire.com/media/cm/marieclaire/images/riding%20into%20sunset.jpg

StoopTroup
4/9/2011, 04:42 PM
It's not a race. ;)

Some folks like to challenge themselves and then take their time on harder classes instead of string it out for 7 years and then teach a few basket weaving classes and go on sabbatical for 2 years.

Sooner_Tuf
4/9/2011, 08:37 PM

No, I'm too old and have seen far too many Richard Simmons type busy bodies that don't know when to STFU. You're just one of many.

Leroy Lizard
4/9/2011, 10:07 PM
There one way to make the legion go away.....

http://www.marieclaire.com/media/cm/marieclaire/images/riding%20into%20sunset.jpg

So that's what this is all about. Won't work.

Leroy Lizard
4/9/2011, 10:08 PM
Some folks like to challenge themselves and then take their time on harder classes instead of string it out for 7 years and then teach a few basket weaving classes and go on sabbatical for 2 years.

First time I have heard Numerical Methods called basket weaving.

Leroy Lizard
4/9/2011, 10:09 PM
No, I'm too old and have seen far too many Richard Simmons type busy bodies that don't know when to STFU.

You could try taking your own advice.

Sooner_Tuf
4/10/2011, 11:35 AM
You could try taking your own advice.

Let's see one of us has 2,300 posts in 8 years and the other has over 15,000 in 4 years. One of us has it figured out.

Leroy Lizard
4/10/2011, 11:39 AM
Let's see one of us has 2,300 posts in 8 years and the other has over 15,000 in 4 years. One of us has it figured out.

But you weren't even involved in this argument, so stfu.

StoopTroup
4/10/2011, 11:43 AM
But you weren't even involved in this argument, so stfu.

That's the best you can do?

Man....you are slipping.

StoopTroup
4/10/2011, 11:49 AM
First time I have heard Numerical Methods called basket weaving.

You will understand Mr. Crowe once they take you to the happy Place....

http://www.ondacinema.it/images/film/a_beautiful_mind_1.jpg

StoopTroup
4/10/2011, 11:50 AM
Leriod.....there is a time when some folks ask you if you've taken any drugs today and a time when they ask you if you've taken your medication today.

Leroy Lizard
4/10/2011, 11:54 AM
Leriod.....there is a time when some folks ask you if you've taken any drugs today and a time when they ask you if you've taken your medication today.

Dude, whatever.

If you want me to put you on Ignore, you don't have to go through all this trouble of responding to every post I make. Just ask, and I will do it.

Otherwise, carry on whatever silly campaign you are on right now.

StoopTroup
4/10/2011, 11:57 AM
Dude, whatever.

If you want me to put you on Ignore, you don't have to go through all this trouble of responding to every post I make. Just ask, and I will do it.

I'm just a poster. I like your posts. They crack me up.

StoopTroup
4/10/2011, 12:00 PM
Dude, whatever.

NO MAS ?

http://thebigredbiotechblog.typepad.com/.a/6a0120a77f675b970b0147e3aabbb5970b-800wi

You can admit it if you want....

Leroy Lizard
4/10/2011, 12:03 PM
NO MAS ?

http://thebigredbiotechblog.typepad.com/.a/6a0120a77f675b970b0147e3aabbb5970b-800wi

You can admit it if you want....

As I said before, "whatever."

StoopTroup
4/10/2011, 02:32 PM
Leroid....if you knew a damn thing about football.....you wouldn't get so much **** around here but you continue to do this **** and then cry foul. You are funny though......lol.

Maybe....GO TO THE WOODSHED ! ! !

XLTOYX6_1v4

Recent Successful Coaches who never Played

Paul Johnson at Georgia Tech
Mark Mangino at Kansas
Mike Leach at Texas Tech
Andy Smith at California

Leroy Lizard
4/10/2011, 02:53 PM
Leroid....if you knew a damn thing about football

Shhhhhhhhh. Time to go sleepy time.

StoopTroup