PDA

View Full Version : Do you GAS If the government will shut down?

olevetonahill
4/5/2011, 09:02 PM
Well I fer one wouldn't mind it :cool:

Spring
4/5/2011, 09:25 PM
Well I fer one wouldn't mind it :cool:

http://www.affordablegeeks.com/shock.gif

I am actually shocked you don't give a damn.

olevetonahill
4/5/2011, 09:42 PM
Cause you LOVE me big time ?:D

StoopTroup
4/5/2011, 09:47 PM
Hopefully all payments to Wisconsin are the first thing to stop.

Everyone there should feel the pain....

Eielson
4/5/2011, 09:58 PM
We would save sooooo much money. Not paying the 535 congress members alone would save about 100 million a year.

StoopTroup
4/5/2011, 10:03 PM
We would save sooooo much money. Not paying the 535 congress members alone would save about 100 million a year.

I get all warm and fuzzy when I think about cancelling their health insurance

StoopTroup
4/5/2011, 10:05 PM
Also....do they get back pay once we re-open or do they get nothing for shutting it down?

sooner ngintunr
4/5/2011, 10:06 PM
I don't GAS. Last time it happened, no big whoop. NBD to me.

StoopTroup
4/5/2011, 10:07 PM
I don't GAS. Last time it happened, no big whoop. NBD to me.

So....do you think we should get a tax break?

sooner ngintunr
4/5/2011, 10:11 PM
So....do you think we should get a tax break?

nah, just put it towards the $14,000,000,000,000 tab we got.

StoopTroup
4/5/2011, 10:13 PM
nah, just put it towards the $14,000,000,000,000 tab we got.

I'd rather let them pay it off. They ran the tab up...not me. Maybe we could send them all to China to work it off. Then we could clear the books and start over.

Blue
4/5/2011, 10:18 PM
I don't. Congress could go on a two year vacation and life would go on as normal. The "Govt" won't shut down. It will just show us how irrelevant Congress is.

SoCaliSooner
4/5/2011, 10:18 PM
Cut all foreign aid...

sooner ngintunr
4/5/2011, 10:23 PM
I'd rather let them pay it off. They ran the tab up...not me. Maybe we could send them all to China to work it off. Then we could clear the books and start over.

They are you. At least that what I was taught in school.;)

For the people by the people. right????

StoopTroup
4/5/2011, 10:25 PM
No....I gave them money and they spent it. I never voted on any of it....

soonercruiser
4/5/2011, 11:08 PM

Oh! That's why Peeloski was afraid for the seniors that would loose their hot meals! (she's one of them)
:P

Curly Bill
4/5/2011, 11:09 PM
If the government is shut down I figure there's less it can mess up. I'm largely in favor of a long sabbatical.

StoopTroup
4/5/2011, 11:25 PM
Oh! That's why Peeloski was afraid for the seniors that would loose their hot meals! (she's one of them)
:P

Don't forget every Republican House of Representatives either as they currently are trying to make HR1 an automatic law if the Senate fails to decide on a plan to keep the Government from shutting down. I'm sure if the Dems were in power and Pelosi was still Speaker of the House they'd be all over giving the House that kind of power....LMAO

Eric Cantor's "Prevention of Government Shutdown Act"

or as i like to call it....The "If we don't get our way....we'll just disregard the Senate and do whatever we want Bill". Sounds exactly like what the Founders of the Constitution meant when they crafted and designed our political system.....lol

OkAEnxwgZTc

SanJoaquinSooner
4/6/2011, 12:30 AM
I guess this means the border patrol would have to accept more bribes to make ends meet.

Chuck Bao
4/6/2011, 12:49 AM
I agree that some good can come of it. I have a few friends who work for various governmental departments in DC. They're saying that once the government shut-down starts, they will have to work from home. Why can't they do this all of the time? Why not outsource some of the bureaucratic work across the US? It would be a heck of a lot cheaper. I'm guessing housing in the DC area is pretty expensive. If private companies can outsource overseas, I don't see why the US government can't outsource anywhere in the US.

Whet
4/6/2011, 06:41 AM
Don't forget the Democrat controlled House and Senate werr supposed to pass a new budget prior to October 1, 2010. They didn't because they were worried what the pu lic would do to them in the November elections. They did save their Senate majority, but at what cost to the public? The Democrat led Congress did not pass a FY-2010 Budget bill either! So, lets not start blaming the Repubs for this mess! BTW, if the government does shut down, how many of you are going to help the workers pay their food bills, their mortgages, medical bills, and booze bills?

jk the sooner fan
4/6/2011, 07:15 AM
govt employees that are "non-essential" will not be allowed to do anything work related - it'll be an unpaid furlough - although the last time this happened, the fedgov employees were paid for that time, and i assume that would be the same this time

air traffic controllers will still be working - as will the LEO types, but a large portion of the federal workforce will sit at home

and then the taxpayer will end up paying them(us) for all that time

i dont think the govt employees that ensure govt checks (VA, disability, and the like) are essential....so those of you relying on a check each month....they probably GAS

this is about so much more than congress - they'll keep working and getting paid

Leroy Lizard
4/6/2011, 07:20 AM
this is about so much more than congress - they'll keep getting paid

FIFY