PDA

View Full Version : Hated Domer vs Lassie Aggy Women's Finals

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
4/5/2011, 07:49 PM
EAT S**T DOMER!

4/5/2011, 08:09 PM
Early in first half, with 10 minutes left, Aggy putting it on domer pretty good, with a 10 pt lead, and looking like the more aggressive team, so far. On ESPeNis, if you don't know.

4/5/2011, 08:26 PM
Rut-roh, one of the stars for aggy has 3 fouls in the first half, with 4 minutes left. Ag leads by only 4 right now.

4/5/2011, 08:34 PM
Aggy going aggy, missing free throws, and committing fouls. It's tied up with-no, domer goes into lead, with about a minute left in first half.

This game is a heckuva lot more fun to watch that that men's final last night. What a bore that one!

4/5/2011, 08:43 PM
OK, if nobody else has anything to say, I won't bother...but, did I say I dislike the domer?haha. Their coach is kinda cute, though.

Chuck Bao
4/5/2011, 08:45 PM
Please continue, Rush. I am not getting the game on TV here. I am just watching the boxscore on yahoo.

CowboyMRW
4/5/2011, 08:50 PM
I'm pulling for ND. AnM can suck it. There is no way I will be able to stand them if they were to win. They treat it like it's a MNC when in reality they can't name a single player on their women's team

4/5/2011, 08:54 PM
Notre Dame has 2 stars, the point guard Diggins, and the center or forward, Peters, and she's slick, gets open underneath, and is the leading scorer for the domer.

Lassie has a big tough center, Adams, much like Courtney Paris was, who can also shoot from outside a bit, and the guard Sydney Colson, who is essential, IMO for the win. If she gets her 4th foul, it might be all over for Lassie.

Early 2nd half, domer up by 6

4/5/2011, 09:00 PM
I'm pulling for ND. AnM can suck it. There is no way I will be able to stand them if they were to win. They treat it like it's a MNC when in reality they can't name a single player on their women's team
I'm an older guy than you. Nobody is despised more by us older OU fans than domer. If you don't know why, look it up in the football area. Wait, are you a Sooner fan? with your name, it isn't clear.

4/5/2011, 09:11 PM
tied at 48, with 13:48 left in 2nd half
tied at 52, with 11:43 to go

Peters for domer on bench with 3 fouls.

aggy up by 3, with about 7:30 left. Novocel for domer got her 3rd foul.

4 minutes left, and game is tied. A domer goes to the line.

CowboyMRW
4/5/2011, 09:30 PM
I'm an older guy than you. Nobody is despised more by us older OU fans than domer. If you don't know why, look it up in the football area. Wait, are you a Sooner fan? with your name, it isn't clear.

No, I'm a student at OSU. I just like to converse with OU fans. I understand the rivalry you and ND have and I understand. I'm just going off my experiences with AnM fans that I've had

badger
4/5/2011, 09:36 PM
I am beyond disappointed in the fact that we went out thanks to Domer on the worst shooting night of our lives. I feel like we should be in the title game, that we should have dethroned UConn, Tennessee, etc. en route to the title game. Whatever, it is what it is. At least we have a men's coach now :)

4/5/2011, 09:40 PM
Badger, have you been watching this game? It's a heckuva game, and even better when there's a possibility domer can come up short.

4/5/2011, 09:43 PM
TIME OUT, with 2:33 left. aggy up by 4
" " , with 1:17 left. aggy by 2

4/5/2011, 09:47 PM
ags stick a 3-pointer. 51 seconds left, and ag up by 5.

PLaw
4/5/2011, 09:52 PM
Wow, what a time to pin the ball on your hip. Travelling on the purple.

4/5/2011, 09:52 PM
time out. 29 secs left, ag by 3, domer ball.
ag by 5. 12.9secs left. domer ball.

PLaw
4/5/2011, 09:53 PM
Wow, what a time to pin the ball on your hip. Travelling on the purple.

Errr, make that maroon.

PLaw
4/5/2011, 09:54 PM
choke city - does anybody want to win this game?

4/5/2011, 09:57 PM
DOMER DIES AN APPROPRIATELY AGONIZING DEATH...SO EFFING SORRY...

It's a particular shame that domer had to lose essentially at home, in Indianapolis.

Soonerjeepman
4/5/2011, 10:00 PM
I don't know the a/m coach...but seems like a decent guy...glad they won...

Chuck Bao
4/5/2011, 10:02 PM
Well hell, congrats to aggy. At least the domers lost. ha ha.

Thanks for the updates, Rush. I will even spek ya.

TitoMorelli
4/5/2011, 10:19 PM
Chuck, the 3-pointer with 0:51 remaining was the shot of the night.

A&M had only :02 on the shot clock when they inbounded it at their end, but a Lady Aggie named White caught the inbounds pass, immediiately took the jumper from the perimeter with a defender's hand in her face, and still nailed it. A dagger to the Lady Irish collective hearts.

sooner59
4/5/2011, 10:57 PM
Yep, that was the dagger.

Chuck Bao
4/5/2011, 10:59 PM
Thanks for that description, Tito. I wish I could have watched the game.

SteelClip49
4/5/2011, 11:22 PM
Yolanda Adams and the Aggies win a national championship in their first Final Four appearance.

Kim Mulkey and the Baylor Lady Bears win a national championship in their first Final Four appearance.

Coale is a good coach but only managed to get to 1 Final Four with the Paris twins and should have beat Louisville but gave that up. With 3 Final Fours total, she still has 0 titles. She needs to get moving!

yankee
4/5/2011, 11:23 PM
I wish a hole would have opened up and swallowed both teams' fans, because they all suck. Or if both teams could have lost, that would have been fine with me. It was a lose-lose situation.

4/5/2011, 11:41 PM
I wish a hole would have opened up and swallowed both teams' fans, because they all suck. Or if both teams could have lost, that would have been fine with me. It was a lose-lose situation.Wish the Sooners could have been there, but for me, it's always good to see notre dame go down. I was happy for me. The aggy...meh.

Chuck Bao
4/6/2011, 01:11 AM
Yeah, Baylor had beaten Texas A&M 3 times this year (twice during the regular season and in the BigXII tournament). They just didn't get it done when it counted in the NCAA tournament. Baylor had also beaten Notre Dame during the non-conference portion of the schedule.

Woulda, coulda, shoulda, I know. So, congrats to the Aggy.

I also find this excerpt from the AP report filed by Doug Feinberg very interesting.

The championship is the first in a major sport for Texas A&M since the football team won it all back in 1939. And it comes at a school that didn't even admit women until 1963, and where school administrators didn't always see the advantage of funding men's and women's sports equally when Title IX passed in 1972.

Curly Bill
4/6/2011, 01:26 AM
I absolutely hate all things Notre Dame and still I was hoping they'd win. That lucky 3-pointer aTm hit was indeed the difference.

I was in the stands for the Baylor/aTm game and the aTm point guard Coulson totally outplayed the Baylor PG Sims. In other words: in a pressure game the senior outplayed the freshman, funny how that works.

70sooner
4/6/2011, 11:52 AM
The championship is the first in a major sport for Texas A&M since the football team won it all back in 1939. And it comes at a school that didn't even admit women until 1963, and where school administrators didn't always see the advantage of funding men's and women's sports equally when Title IX passed in 1972.

ya, how ironic is that, LMAO!~ the women 'are the man', at aTm!~

TitoMorelli
4/7/2011, 10:32 PM
I absolutely hate all things Notre Dame and still I was hoping they'd win. That lucky 3-pointer aTm hit was indeed the difference.

I was in the stands for the Baylor/aTm game and the aTm point guard Coulson totally outplayed the Baylor PG Sims. In other words: in a pressure game the senior outplayed the freshman, funny how that works.

Good point. Odd that Coulson almost cost A&M the title Tuesday night by committing needless fouls and having to sit out most of the first half.

Also amazing to me how the Aggie post Adams can be so effective. She doesn't look athletic, and wasn't as imposing physically as Courtney was for the Sooner ladies, but she was 24K gold in the post for them when it counted, scored over 20 I think in the second half against the Dome-ettes.

Curly Bill
4/8/2011, 01:40 AM
Adams moves better than CP could. Straight-line speed they might be equal, but Adams has much better footwork. Plus she has the benefit of being a real threat from 3-pt. range so peeps have to go out and guard her there. She can even put it on the floor a bit. CP was a one-trick pony (power). Adams has some versatility, though she's what 3" inches shorter than CP.

4/8/2011, 11:40 AM
Adams moves better than CP could. Straight-line speed they might be equal, but Adams has much better footwork. Plus she has the benefit of being a real threat from 3-pt. range so peeps have to go out and guard her there. She can even put it on the floor a bit. CP was a one-trick pony (power). Adams has some versatility, though she's what 3" inches shorter than CP.About right. I hope she will graduate this yr.

Curly Bill
4/8/2011, 11:59 AM
About right. I hope she will graduate this yr.

She does. Her and Colson are both seniors.

4/8/2011, 01:46 PM
She does. Her and Colson are both seniors.heh

jumperstop
4/8/2011, 01:49 PM
Yolanda Adams and the Aggies win a national championship in their first Final Four appearance.

Kim Mulkey and the Baylor Lady Bears win a national championship in their first Final Four appearance.

Coale is a good coach but only managed to get to 1 Final Four with the Paris twins and should have beat Louisville but gave that up. With 3 Final Fours total, she still has 0 titles. She needs to get moving!

They also didn't run into the UConn buzz saw...

4/8/2011, 02:00 PM
They also didn't run into the UConn buzz saw...At the present time, I believe both Uconn and the Tree, and maybe TN, have ownership of Sherri's teams...sad to say, but PROVE ME WRONG, SHERRI!!!