PDA

View Full Version : Capel Goes To MO as an Assistant

LiveLaughLove
4/5/2011, 04:19 PM
Dont have the link, saw it elsewhere.

He's going to be one of Haith's assistants.

The MO fans are in shellshock over what has transpired in the past couple of weeks. Much like when they shopped themselves to the Big 10 and got passed up for NU.

Couldn't happen to a nicer group. :rolleyes:

Salt City Sooner
4/5/2011, 04:23 PM

The MO fans are in shellshock over what has transpired in the past couple of weeks. Much like when they shopped themselves to the Big 10 and got passed up for NU.

Couldn't happen to a nicer group. :rolleyes:
Sure it could. If all that had transpired in Lawrence, I'd be one severely happy individual.

LiveLaughLove
4/5/2011, 04:34 PM
The link is to newsok's blog section. I cant seem to get it linked sorry.

I will say that on Tigerboard they are saying he is NOT going there, so who knows.

OULenexaman
4/5/2011, 04:41 PM
of late it takes about 2 weeks for the real truth to come out of Columbia...

Ruf/Nek7
4/5/2011, 04:58 PM
so the assistant coach is arguably a better coach than the head coach? Interesting

yankee
4/5/2011, 05:03 PM
I'd rather have Capel take a job somewhere other than the Big 12-2 because there are gonna be a few dimwitted fans who are going to make an extraordinary effort to be dicks to him when Mizzou comes to Norman. I don't wanna see that.

waynepayne
4/5/2011, 05:53 PM
I'd rather have Capel take a job somewhere other than the Big 12-2 because there are gonna be a few dimwitted fans who are going to make an extraordinary effort to be dicks to him when Mizzou comes to Norman. I don't wanna see that.

Dear Lord I hope our fans are classier than this and Dear Lord if it does happen dont let it happen near me.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
4/5/2011, 05:56 PM

Couldn't happen to a nicer group. :rolleyes:They ARE among the most Sooner-hating folks, out there, aren't they?

yankee
4/5/2011, 06:09 PM
Dear Lord I hope our fans are classier than this and Dear Lord if it does happen dont let it happen near me.

We have a pretty classy fanbase but there are some idiot basketball fans that I think will do that. I certainly hope not, and would love to be proven wrong.

LiveLaughLove
4/5/2011, 07:00 PM
I don't think too many people are going to care one way or the other as it relates to a MO assistant.

If he does take some guff, I think he can laugh all the way to the bank. He made a small fortune while he was here, and will for another year or so.

zandozan
4/6/2011, 01:00 AM

I find it ironic that OU fans are worried about something like this when Missouri has one of the most classless and obnoxious fan groups in the country in The Antlers. These guys are about as slime ball as it gets. They scream obscenities at the opposing team the entire game, very often crossing about every line of decency there is. When Collison gave a speech for Kansas senior day he talked about his grandpa surviving a plane crash on D-Day during WW2. The Antlers held up PLANE CRASH signs before and during the game mocking him and his grandfather.

Comparing OU fans to Missouri fans is like comparing the Boy Scouts to the Ku Klux Klan.

Missouri, you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

yermom
4/6/2011, 01:20 AM
on one hand, he's already got experience recruiting in the Big 12-2

on the other, let him bring those headcases to Columbia instead :D

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
4/6/2011, 01:46 AM
on one hand, he's already got experience recruiting in the Big 12-2

on the other, let him bring those headcases to Columbia instead :DOn the third hand, que sera sera.

badger
4/6/2011, 10:15 AM
Mizzou coach Frank Haith: OK Jeff, how do we compete in the Big 12.
Jeff Capel: ...
Haith: ...yesssss???
Capel: Do you have any spare Blake Griffins lying around that you can use?
Haith: Do you have anything else to offer!?
Capel: Have faith, Haith! :D
Haith: :(
Capel: :O
Haith: :mad:

LiveLaughLove
4/6/2011, 11:07 AM
Mizzou coach Frank Haith: OK Jeff, how do we compete in the Big 12.
Jeff Capel: ...
Haith: ...yesssss???
Capel: Do you have any spare Blake Griffins lying around that you can use?
Haith: Do you have anything else to offer!?
Capel: Have faith, Haith! :D
Haith: :(
Capel: :O
Haith: :mad:

Well played!

badger
4/6/2011, 11:31 AM
I once again wish Capel and his family all of the best, but Mizzou! wtf.

1- Let's not do enough to retain our current coach that keeps us competitive in the Big 12 and won us the tourney a few years ago! We Mizzou'ers sure don't win the Big 12 very often.

2- Let's not do enough to lure the Purdue coach or any other top tier coach for our program. We like being Kansas' beyonce. We'll beat them in football instead. Kansas State... we'll just lose a lot to them. Tee hee. We lose so much.

3- Let's hire the Miami coach! Miami's a good football school... was a good football school... are they still a football school? Anyway, FOOTBALL SCHOOL! That's what WE want to be! Yay!

4- Let's hire that fired OU coach as an assistant, because FOOTBALLFOOTBALLFOOTBALLFOOTBALL.

5- Are we a football school yet?

Misery. :rolleyes:

70sooner
4/6/2011, 11:46 AM
Sure it could. If all that had transpired in Lawrence, I'd be one severely happy individual.

gawd, no kidding....

Salt City Sooner
4/6/2011, 08:40 PM
FWIW, since this rumor started circulating, Capel has said he's not going to Mizzou several times.

SoonerStormchaser
4/7/2011, 05:01 PM

You mean all twenty fans that show up to games? :rolleyes:

zandozan
4/7/2011, 11:50 PM
You mean all twenty fans that show up to games? :rolleyes:

Are you trying to shame the OU fans into going to basketball games? I'm sure you can think of better, more constructive ways of generating fan interest.

Otherwise this is just a cheap shot and not a very impressive attempt at being clever.