PDA

View Full Version : Well, Terry Evasn didn't get the Lamar job.

TheHumanAlphabet
4/5/2011, 03:51 PM
Pat Knight did...

Boomer.....
4/5/2011, 04:00 PM
Evans turned the job down. That really makes Pat Knight look desperate.

badger
4/5/2011, 04:06 PM
He should be. He really didn't do anything at Tech except inherit the job from daddy.

OULenexaman
4/5/2011, 04:42 PM
he should try chair tossing...

SoonerMom2
4/5/2011, 05:57 PM
If Evans turned the job down, does that mean he could be headed to OU as an assistant?

TheHumanAlphabet
4/5/2011, 06:36 PM
Didn't read that he turned the job down. The Chronicle is only a tad bit better than the Joklahoman. Plus, I can't surf the net, traveling and trying to dodge the radiation and all...

Quik Sand
4/5/2011, 07:12 PM
If Evans turned the job down, does that mean he could be headed to OU as an assistant?Hope so. Kruger will have one or two spots open possibly.

stoopified
4/5/2011, 10:41 PM
Evans did not actually turn the job down,he withdrew from consideration. Based on all the buzz(pardon the pun) about him it WOULD seem like he is joing the OU staff.

StoopTroup
4/5/2011, 10:50 PM
I'm not going to renew my Lamar Season Tickets now....

Boomer.....
4/6/2011, 07:52 AM
Didn't read that he turned the job down. The Chronicle is only a tad bit better than the Joklahoman. Plus, I can't surf the net, traveling and trying to dodge the radiation and all...

NORMAN — How impressive is the OU basketball hiring of Lon Kruger? One of the guys who wanted the job told Kruger on Friday to take it.

Central Oklahoma coach Terry Evans, who interviewed for the OU job Tuesday, said he ran into Kruger on Friday morning in a Houston hotel, during the basketball coaches convention.

“I told him, ‘Coach Kruger, you need to take this job,'” Evans said. “He started smiling. He acted like he had already taken it.”
Kruger didn't officially take the job until Friday afternoon, but Evans said he and Kruger chatted about OU's current roster and the recruiting landscape the next few years.

But Evans said he told Kruger to take the job and hire Evans onto his staff, a move which sources said OU officials would endorse.

“I would absolutely love it,” Evans said.

Evans played for Kruger during the 1990 U.S. Olympic Festival and said he mentioned that fact to OU athletic director Joe Castiglione.

But later Friday, Evans said he had been offered the head coaching job at Lamar University and was contemplating it.

Evans said OU's move was a “great hire. He knows the Midwest. He knows the area.”

http://newsok.com/central-oklahoma-coach-terry-evans-weighing-offer-to-coach-at-lamar/article/3554676?custom_click=headlines_widget

badger
4/6/2011, 10:11 AM
The Lonster Monster (better nickname TBD) hired two assistants yesterday that he had at UNLV and said the third assistant will be one with ties to the area. Not sure if that means Evans or not.

Linky (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/OU/article.aspx?subjectid=92&articleid=20110406_92_B1_CUTLIN685165)

Collier11
4/7/2011, 06:51 PM
Evans has spoken to Kruger directly about a Asst Coaching gig, that has been openly reported...