PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone really think Afghanistan . . .

Jacie
4/5/2011, 02:50 PM
. . . is worth saving from the Taliban?

All it took was one nut job in Florida burning a Koran to get the natives over there to show their true colors, namely, that they are all batsh*t crazy and have zero regard for human life.

In the last two days, I have watched commentators from opposite ends of the spectrum suggest it is time to cut that country, it's people and Hamid Karzai loose.

I realize the U.S. went in there to get back at the guy who made 911 a darker day in our history than Pearl Harbor and we all know how that worked out. Maybe we bring the troops home, Osama bin Laden will come out of hiding and retake the place. Then when he thinks we've forgotten about him, the U.S. navy can drop a cruise missile or two on his head.

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

The money our government will save not pouring it into a toliet the size of the state of Texas should be enough to enable even President Obama to balance the budget.

Do you think anyone in Washington, D.C. is thinking along these lines or am I just a wacko?

Breadburner
4/5/2011, 02:54 PM
Good place to keep our military sharp and some scumbags in check.....

Peach Fuzz
4/5/2011, 02:54 PM
IMO if we did that, they would then claim victory and would re-emerge out of their hiding with their strength back. Prolonged efforts in Afghanistan just don't work out, just ask Russia. I would like to see us gtfo of there tho..

Soonerson1975
4/5/2011, 02:57 PM
If Turkey attacks them from the back will Greece help?

Mjcpr
4/5/2011, 02:58 PM
If....attacks.....from the back will Greece help?

Is anyone else horny?

Aldebaran
4/5/2011, 03:13 PM
I'm conflicted...

On the one hand. I don't agree with or support the perspective that led dude to burn a Koran. It's a terrible frame of reference that led him to do it, and it doesn't help the situation.

On the other hand. I think he has the right to do it.

And on the other, other hand. As someone who needs to troll people who overreact, there is a part of me that would like to see him do it every.. single.. ****ing... day...

OULenexaman
4/5/2011, 03:26 PM
like the fuzz said....see USSR...

MR2-Sooner86
4/5/2011, 03:29 PM
If the preacher was smart he would've burned the Bible, Qu'ran, Torah, Dianetics: The Modern Science of Mental Health, The Vedas, The Buddhavacana, and whatever else he could find.

Then, when only the Islamic people go ape**** (maybe Scientologist suing) then it would make a much better point on who gets more butt hurt.

Anyway, get the hell out of there.

AlboSooner
4/5/2011, 03:33 PM
I would not be willing to die for Afghanistan.

C&CDean
4/5/2011, 03:45 PM

Would you be willing to die for the USA?

okie52
4/5/2011, 04:00 PM
Level it and leave.

Fraggle145
4/5/2011, 04:06 PM
Level it and leave.

This.

Although, I dont think USSR really lost to Afghanistan. It lost to Afghanistan and everyone else that was helping those bastards, including us.

StoopTroup
4/5/2011, 04:12 PM
IMO if we did that, they would then claim victory and would re-emerge out of their hiding with their strength back. Prolonged efforts in Afghanistan just don't work out, just ask Russia. I would like to see us gtfo of there tho..

What are we trying to win?

I do think it's sad that the minute we leave....that the Taliban will make killing fields out of Soccer Fields again.

I think we have lost our way again. If we could prove OBL/UBL was indeed dead...we still wouldn't leave as he has left a organization of wackos behind. Originally GWB and the Cheney Machine were going to cut off as much as they could to try and put an end to Al Queda. Doing so would have required us to pull out of OPEC more than likely and GWB or Obama have shown that they won't pull that plug ever.

We should surround the Taliban and dig in and hunt every one of them down until there isn't even a drop of male semen left for them to procreate another human. They were responsible as Hitler for Human atrocities in Afghanistan and should be held accountable in Trials like the Nuremberg Trials.

We don't have the stomach to do it. The Russians had different reasons for being there. Bringing up their colossal failure shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as to why we went to Afghanistan. When he started to bring Freedom to the Iraqis People....we went astray IMO.

I think we should leave Afghanistan unless we try to cut the Taliban off and bring anyone who would associate themselves to them to an Island in the Pacific and let them live in peaceful existence in Prayer or they can self terminate.

OU Engineer
4/5/2011, 05:16 PM
I was never for giving Afghanistan back to the people.

I was all for going in and killing that POS Osama.

If we can't get it done then get the eff out, and when he pops out of his cave and starts claiming victory in front of the masses, shove a tomahawk missile up his @$$.

olevetonahill
4/5/2011, 05:34 PM

Well I wasn't willing to DIE for Nam either
But My country called and I answered.

That said Id like to see us GTFO and then Glass the place :cool:

olevetonahill
4/5/2011, 05:35 PM
Would you be willing to die for the USA?

Heh, I started my Response, Then went O/S and did some werk
Finished and saw yers .:cool:

yermom
4/5/2011, 05:43 PM
there's not enough of a population or government there to really matter.

i'm not sure what we get by being there.

why were the Russians there?

Jacie
4/5/2011, 06:26 PM

They were propping up a pro-USSR regime to counter rising Islamic radicalism that they foresaw coming 10 years before anyone in the U.S. had a clue (sharing a border with Islamic countries no doubt had something to do with that). History proved them right. After the downfall of the Soviet Union, a big chunk of the former U became an Islamic republic, Kazakhstan (it is an area larger than Iran). The Russians now have terrorists in their country waging "war" by setting off bombs to kill civilians. Looking back, maybe we should have been helping the Russkis instead of Osama bin Laden during the 80's but then their war did help bankrupt them, leading to the aforementioned downfall . . .

StoopTroup
4/5/2011, 08:06 PM
there's not enough of a population or government there to really matter.

i'm not sure what we get by being there.

Unlimited heroin?

OutlandTrophy
4/5/2011, 08:27 PM
I guess you folks don't realize the amount of oil and precious metals are under the ground in Afghanistan.

sooneron
4/5/2011, 08:37 PM
I would rillay like to see us get out of there. Bin Laden isn't even in that ****ing ****hole of a country.

ouwasp
4/6/2011, 09:56 AM
How 'bout this...

Spray all the poppy fields with Agent Orange. Bulldoze the mosques. Might as well blow any bridges while we're at it.

Then pull out. Remind them we have planty of Tomahawks when they start having their Death to America rallies. What are the mooslems gonna do? Hate us more?

Yeah, the above is too extreme. Just find a way to "declare victory" (Kill OBL), and get out. Let 'em enjoy their 12th century islamic lifestyle.

jkjsooner
4/6/2011, 10:11 AM
They were propping up a pro-USSR regime to counter rising Islamic radicalism that they foresaw coming 10 years before anyone in the U.S. had a clue (sharing a border with Islamic countries no doubt had something to do with that). History proved them right. After the downfall of the Soviet Union, a big chunk of the former U became an Islamic republic, Kazakhstan (it is an area larger than Iran). The Russians now have terrorists in their country waging "war" by setting off bombs to kill civilians. Looking back, maybe we should have been helping the Russkis instead of Osama bin Laden during the 80's but then their war did help bankrupt them, leading to the aforementioned downfall . . .

I thought it also had to do with oil pipelines and a warm water port (assuming they continued into another country that has such a port).

pphilfran
4/6/2011, 10:13 AM
It is because we try to wage war in a civilized manner...

It is now much too easy to go to war because we think we can win with no collateral damage and minimal losses on our side...

When we decide to fire one shot we must also realize that we should burn the country to the ground...decimate their industry...and eliminate their armed forces...and we will continue to level the country until they cry uncle...

If we don't have the balls to follow through in this manner we have no reason to be in the conflict to begin with...

We decimated Japan...and where are they today?

We decimated Germany...and where are they today?

We ***** footed around in N Korea...Vietnam...Iraq...Afghanistan...and where has it gotten us?

Midtowner
4/6/2011, 10:18 AM
If we don't have the balls to follow through in this manner we have no reason to be in the conflict to begin with...

This. International laws have made conventional war unwinnable, except for those who are willing to ignore international law.

War is a horrible, ugly thing. Pretending that we can all line up on the glorious field of battle, firing volleys at one another before the bayonet charge, then gentlemanly accepting the outcome of the battle, having tea and calling it quits just doesn't seem to work in the real world.

sappstuf
4/6/2011, 10:18 AM
How 'bout this...

Spray all the poppy fields with Agent Orange. Bulldoze the mosques. Might as well blow any bridges while we're at it.

Then pull out. Remind them we have planty of Tomahawks when they start having their Death to America rallies. What are the mooslems gonna do? Hate us more?

Yeah, the above is too extreme. Just find a way to "declare victory" (Kill OBL), and get out. Let 'em enjoy their 12th century islamic lifestyle.

First of all, I never pull out... And.. I lost my train of thought..

okie52
4/6/2011, 10:37 AM
I don't want us involved in Libya, either, but talk about half azz sheet....

Jacie
4/6/2011, 10:58 AM
I guess you folks don't realize the amount of oil and precious metals are under the ground in Afghanistan.

And that is where they'll stay for the foreseeable future unless all 28 million plus Afghanis decide to drink the spiked Kool-Aid tomorrow . . .