PDA

View Full Version : Question for you Lawyer types...

Turd_Ferguson
4/4/2011, 03:21 PM
My Son's pickup was hit by a trash truck last week. No major damage, but enough to get a new hood and a front quarter panel. Anyway, the trash companies insurance told him they would have a rental for him at the body shop when he took his truck up there. While on the way to the body shop, Enterprise called and told him they could not rent him a car since he is only 19...WTF is he supposed to do for the next 7-14 day's? TIA.

JohnnyMack
4/4/2011, 03:26 PM
http://laughingsquid.com/wp-content/uploads/mission-bicycle-20090513-110748.jpg

Turd_Ferguson
4/4/2011, 03:30 PM
http://laughingsquid.com/wp-content/uploads/mission-bicycle-20090513-110748.jpg
**** you you atheist mother ****er!!!

:D

Mongo
4/4/2011, 03:36 PM
heel toe express has never failed

Mongo
4/4/2011, 03:37 PM
call the insurance company and see if he can get a loaner trash truck from the company that hit him

JohnnyMack
4/4/2011, 03:40 PM
call the insurance company and see if he can get a loaner trash truck from the company that hit him

Remember that time we posed as garbage collectors so we could assassinate that ambassador? Good times. I can still see his head exploding as he bent down to pick up his morning paper.

Turd_Ferguson
4/4/2011, 03:43 PM
Remember that time we posed as garbage collectors so we could assassinate that ambassador? Good times. I can still see his head exploding as he bent down to pick up his morning paper.If your talking about that time you had anal sex with that old man in his driveway, then no...I don't remember that.

JohnnyMack
4/4/2011, 03:43 PM
If your talking about that time you had anal sex with that old man in his driveway, then no...I don't remember that.

That was STEP. And it wasn't in his driveway. It was around the side of the garage. Don't be gross.

StoopTroup
4/4/2011, 03:49 PM
Turd.....Rent him your vehicle and then have him submit your bill for the Vette you rented. :D

boomersooner001
4/4/2011, 03:50 PM
Try a different rental car company, but keep in mind you may have to pay out of pocket and then the insurance would reimburse the out of pocket expense. There is usually an under age fee added on if below 25 at most companies.

Turd_Ferguson
4/4/2011, 03:51 PM
Turd.....Rent him your vehicle and then have him submit your bill for the Vette you rented. :D

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to StoopTroup again.:D:D

BajaOklahoma
4/4/2011, 07:34 PM
Have him speak to a manager at Enterprise. Keep going up the chain until you get someone who understands and makes the right call.
He will end up in a POS rental, but it will run and get him there.

Another option is to call the other insurance company and tell them they need to find him a company that will rent to him. He will bill them for everyday he can't go to work, then for unemployment.

sooner59
4/4/2011, 08:58 PM
If anything, I like the idea of renting the vehicle in YOUR name, then lending him your vehicle.

yermom
4/4/2011, 09:07 PM
yeah, this should be on the insurance company.

OUstud
4/4/2011, 10:32 PM
Nevermind.

stoops the eternal pimp
4/5/2011, 08:32 AM
That was STEP. And it wasn't in his driveway. It was around the side of the garage. Don't be gross.

that was the last time I fell for the Johnny Mack door to door prostate exam scam

OUMallen
4/5/2011, 09:00 AM
Have him speak to a manager at Enterprise. Keep going up the chain until you get someone who understands and makes the right call.
He will end up in a POS rental, but it will run and get him there.

Another option is to call the other insurance company and tell them they need to find him a company that will rent to him. He will bill them for everyday he can't go to work, then for unemployment.

I don't think they can. It might even be a law that you have to be 25. It's a pretty consistent policy amongst car companies.

Just lend him your vehicle and you take the rental.

yermom
4/5/2011, 05:05 PM
some companies charge a premium for 21-25, most won't go below that though, it appears.

rekamrettuB
4/5/2011, 06:41 PM
Sounds to me like it's an age discrimination policy. You know there would be some sort of class action suit if they didn't allow 65 or older to rent cars from them.

jumperstop
4/5/2011, 07:02 PM
If anything, I like the idea of renting the vehicle in YOUR name, then lending him your vehicle.

Would not do this...if his son wrecks the car they will have to pay for it. I would just rent it in your name and drive that one and loan him your car, unless your one of those anal jackass dads.

jumperstop
4/5/2011, 07:02 PM
Sounds to me like it's an age discrimination policy. You know there would be some sort of class action suit if they didn't allow 65 or older to rent cars from them.

Insurance reasons....anyone under 25 can't rent a car. There are some companies where you can pay a 25 dollar a day extra if you're over 21.

rekamrettuB
4/6/2011, 09:55 AM
Insurance reasons....anyone under 25 can't rent a car. There are some companies where you can pay a 25 dollar a day extra if you're over 21.

True and I understand the reason why they wouldn't but the age discrimination still exists. It may just not be with the rental car company and instead the insurance company.

It's like senior citizen discounts at pharmacies. AGE DISCRIMINATION!!!

yermom
4/6/2011, 11:14 AM

in the eyes of the government, you can't be age discriminated against unless you are over 40

this is because young people don't vote ;)