PDA

View Full Version : Alright, who gave the lying Duke Lacrosse stripper a knife?

sappstuf
4/4/2011, 09:08 AM
Duke lacrosse accuser charged in stabbing

DURHAM, NC (WTVD) -- Authorities say former Duke Lacrosse accuser Crystal Mangum was arrested overnight Sunday for allegedly stabbing her boyfriend in the chest.

Authorities say around 3 a.m., officers responded to a stabbing at a home in the 3000 block of Century Oaks Drive.

When police arrived, they found a 46-year-old man stabbed in the chest.

The man suffered serious injuries and was taken to Duke University Hospital for treatment.

Investigators say the victim is Mangum's boyfriend and say they believe the stabbing occurred during an argument at the apartment the couple shared.

A man who claims he's the victim's cousin says Mangum and the victim had a brief relationship.

"I mean he was excited," said the man. "He was like, 'man, guess who I'm dating now.' He was excited, but I told him 'man, you know her background, be careful, you know what I mean.'"

Mangum, 32, was later arrested at a nearby apartment and charged with assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill inflicting serious injury.

She is being held at the Durham County Jail under no bond.

Durham Police had no further comment on the arrest Sunday.

Mangum made national headlines in March 2006, when the then NC Central student and exotic dancer claimed three Duke Lacrosse players sexually assaulted her during a performance at a team party inside a house near Duke's campus.

A year later, Attorney General Roy Cooper dropped all charges saying there was no credible evidence and that the three former players were victims of a tragic rush to accuse.

Former D.A. Mike Nifong was later disbarred and was accused of withholding DNA evidence that would have cleared the players.

Mangum went into hiding, then graduated from NCCU in 2008 with a degree in police psychology. Later that year she released a memoir, "The Last Dance for Grace: The Crystal Mangum Story".

Then last year, Mangum was arrested and charged with attempted murder, arson and child abuse after a domestic dispute with her ex-boyfriend - a different man than the person involved in the incident Sunday.

In December, the jury found Mangum guilty of child abuse, but they couldn't agree on a first-degree felony arson charge, which could have landed Mangum in jail for seven years.

Mangum will make her first court appearance on the latest assault charges on Monday.

Aldebaran
4/4/2011, 09:44 AM
Who knew that a stripper would be capable of such behavior? I'm shocked.

jumperstop
4/4/2011, 09:48 AM
The guy enjoyed her fame, even though it was infamy. Some people are strange, guy should have understood what this bitch was like from all her previous drama.

StoopTroup
4/4/2011, 11:51 AM
Stripper: STILL GOING ! ! !

http://98plus.com/emoticons/bunny.gif

2121Sooner
4/4/2011, 12:35 PM
Crystal Magnum is her REAL name?

Totally thought was just a stage name

Mongo
4/4/2011, 12:43 PM
so.....does this mean she is available?

2121Sooner
4/4/2011, 12:48 PM
My guess is that she will be eligible to date anywhere from 8-14 years from now

Turd_Ferguson
4/4/2011, 01:09 PM
Crystal Magnum is her REAL name?

Totally thought was just a stage nameMaNGum...dip ****...

2121Sooner
4/4/2011, 01:29 PM
MaNGum...dip ****...

Man-GOO would have been more appropriate. And yeah, see where I misread that.