PDA

View Full Version : Season Tickets?

soonerbrat
4/4/2011, 07:05 AM
I have had season tickets in Sec. 22 since 2000. I've only actually used them myself about half the time. they are "sooner saver" tickets which means at first they were pretty cheap, this year, they are over $700 (for the pair) to renew. The last probably 5 years I've sold them to friends that have tickets next to them or to random people. It's usually pretty easy and less expensive to get a ticket outside before the game - there was only one game I wasn't able to get last year. Is it worth it for me to hang on to them and keep selling them? I probably won't use them again this year because I don't want to pay for 2 tickets and not know if I'm even going to be able to find anyone to go with me to the games, and when I invite someone to go, I don't want to ask for them to pay for the ticket.

Breadburner
4/4/2011, 07:09 AM
I would keep them......

soonerbrat
4/4/2011, 07:11 AM
and keep selling them to my coworkers, or what?

Breadburner
4/4/2011, 07:13 AM
Yup.....

tcrb
4/4/2011, 07:55 AM
Like you said, there are better tickets than sec 22 available for sale outside the stadium.

OKLA21FAN
4/4/2011, 08:16 AM
North endzone rules!!! :pop:

badger
4/4/2011, 08:48 AM
The only time season tickets seem to be worth the cost is when a game like OU-Tech 2008 rolls around. Otherwise, scalpers have so much cheap competition that the price is driven below "face value."

The only other game that came close to face value for NP and I was OU-Mizzou 2007. All others, from Poke games to Aggie to non-conference foes that don't suck (the Miamis and Florida States) have all been significantly less, even at seats practically on the field.

But, some people like peace of mind that they don't have to seek tickets before the game or worry about a scalper holding fake tickets. That's understandable I guess, but something I have never worried about personally.

texaspokieokie
4/4/2011, 09:28 AM
What would happen if nobody bought season tickets,but just counted on scalpers???

badger
4/4/2011, 09:29 AM
What would happen if nobody bought season tickets,but just counted on scalpers???

Then there'd be no waiting list for good seats and we'd be season ticket holders :D

Seriously, we're not trying to screw our beloved alma mater by getting second-hand tickets or anything. That's just the way we have to purchase tickets with the high demand now.

texaspokieokie
4/4/2011, 09:34 AM
Then there'd be no waiting list for good seats and we'd be season ticket holders :D

Seriously, we're not trying to screw our beloved alma mater by getting second-hand tickets or anything. That's just the way we have to purchase tickets with the high demand now.

yep, if you don't have season tickets, you probly can't get any for a while. unless you're prepared to lay down gobs of cash.

another thing, we've become friends with those around us. they have 2 in front & 2 behind us. also the 4 to our right. a good group of folks. they've been in most of those seats since about 1993.

OUmillenium
4/4/2011, 09:38 AM
I'll never have South endzone row 65 tickets again. In 2003, I had 2 extra Baylor tix and could not sell them. Just threw them on the ground before I went in thinking maybe somebody with no ticket will use them.

Unless you are well beyond a 6 figure salary, season tickets are a major screw job to deal with.

texaspokieokie
4/4/2011, 09:53 AM
I'll never have South endzone row 65 tickets again. In 2003, I had 2 extra Baylor tix and could not sell them. Just threw them on the ground before I went in thinking maybe somebody with no ticket will use them.

Unless you are well beyond a 6 figure salary, season tickets are a major screw job to deal with.

well, i guess we've been getting "majorly screwed" for the last 22 seasons.
actually, i missed your point.

OUMallen
4/4/2011, 10:14 AM
well, i guess we've been getting "majorly screwed" for the last 22 seasons.
actually, i missed your point.

I don't know about 20 years ago, but I stopped getting mine in the last 5 years. Had them a couple of years. Loved getting them in the mail and having the same seat every time. Until I realized that my $1500 or so investment was getting me the equivalent of visitors' seats in Section 1.

It's awesome having them. But it doesn't make financial sense usually.

soonerbrat
4/4/2011, 10:27 AM
I haven't had any problems selling them as a set at the beginning of the year, and I'm not going to use them this year, so I'm just wondering is it worth it in the long run.

IndySooner
4/4/2011, 10:28 AM
We're selling ours this year. I'm keeping them for the OU/Texas privileges, but we're selling our season tickets and either:

1) Watching from our tailgate or
2) Buying for MUCH less on the street

Frankly, the entertainment value is not high. The home schedule sucks BAD this year.

soonerbrat
4/4/2011, 10:32 AM
I don't even get OU/TX priveleges. Even though I've had them for 11 years, I don't donate enough money to be included.

jumperstop
4/4/2011, 10:35 AM
I like sitting next to the same people every game. I'm just like you, except section 23. Had the seats since 95 I think. Don't pay for them, but Imo I like having ticket in hand before the game. Ours were originally sooner saver as well, not so much anymore.

texaspokieokie
4/4/2011, 10:47 AM
I don't even get OU/TX priveleges. Even though I've had them for 11 years, I don't donate enough money to be included.

us also. haven't gotten OU/tx since about 2001.

OUMallen
4/4/2011, 10:55 AM

That was another huge reason I stopped.

I love the idea of donating to OU football, I really do. It just doesn't make good financial sense for me.

badger
4/4/2011, 11:00 AM
Not sure what the donor level is for OU-tx. You'd be better off doing one of the following to get into that game:

1- Join band. Free tickets in exchange for an early wakeup call and a few months of rehearsal.
2- Join the flag-carrying service fraternity. I think after they wave the big Oklahoma flag in Texas' endzone at the cursing burnt orange side (it's hilarious if you've never witnessed this), they reserve a block of student tix for these guys to purchase.
3- Join the media. Seriously, these guys are usually comp'd for their hotels, meals and travel and THEN have better seats than the big money donors in a cushy indoor skybox.
4- Have a friend on the Dallas police force. They gotta do something with those tickets they confiscate from the scalpers

Really, no bitterness towards those that have the privilege to attend. If you're a student and should be so fortunate to be able to go once, enjoy the hell outta it, because you might not be able to go again.

StoopTroup
4/4/2011, 11:04 AM

Sell them Brat and just go to the games you can this year. Also...if you don't go to any....save some dough for the RRSO and go to Dallas or a Road Game to Tallahassee this year. At least you'll be able to see a couple big games that way...

Make sure you keep your Season Tickets for the renewal next year though....Things can always change and they might be worth a lot next year.....

fwsooner22
4/4/2011, 11:09 AM
It has been cheaper to pay for my tickets and get 6 ** tickets every year than try to get 6 ** tickets on the street. Especially when you factor in that I know I am getting tickets.

StoopTroup
4/4/2011, 11:31 AM

Are you sure about that? Just because you haven't gotten OU/Tex ticket offers doesn't mean you don't have priority points built up. Do you know how many points you've accrued? I don't believe donating always trumps you but it does make it more difficult for you to build up enough points. Go look at your last year renewal and see if you have points accrued.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c333/stooptroup/ticketFAQS.jpg

If you aren't accruing points then yeah....maybe you do want to give them up....

OUMallen
4/4/2011, 11:47 AM
Are you sure about that? Just because you haven't gotten OU/Tex ticket offers doesn't mean you don't have priority points built up. Do you know how many points you've accrued? I don't believe donating always trumps you but it does make it more difficult for you to build up enough points. Go look at your last year renewal and see if you have points accrued.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c333/stooptroup/ticketFAQS.jpg

If you aren't accruing points then yeah....maybe you do want to give them up....

The minimum point total for OU/tx eligibility goes up every year too, so even if you are accruing, you could be in a position where it will take a VERY long time.

Soonermagik
4/4/2011, 11:51 AM
My wife and I both make pretty good money. We both went to OU and love the school. However, we now live in OKC and the hassle of getting down to Norman and paying big dollars for average seats isn't appealing. Plus, we now have a one year old child, and get this, they require a ticket for every kid (no matter the age). I would think kids 3 and under should get in free.

Oh well.. now we just have get-togethers at our house and we watch it from the comfort of our couch. It's nice that the nachos and beer aren't $10 a shot, either. ;)Not to mention, the cost of gas and parking. Instead, we now use the money we would have spent on season tickets and take a nice tropical vacation. My wife's boss has season tickets and he always gives us at least one game, so we still get the live game experience once in awhile.

yukonsooner
4/4/2011, 12:00 PM
We've had 2 Sooner Saver tickets forever. We started out with 2 and during the Blake years we picked up 2 more next to us. I think if you check what we are paying it is still less than those without the Sooner Savers, and once you give them up you can't get them back. If we don't use the 2 extra ones for friends and family we spread out. On those hot days 2 people in 4 seats sure is a lot more comforable. True selling them at the game you don't come close to face value, but you do get a little back. My son is an OU grad and is so far down on the waiting list he figures he will get ours when we die (yes they are divided between the 2 kids in our will) before he makes the top of the waiting list. As long as we can afford it we will keep our season tickets.

fwsooner22
4/4/2011, 12:01 PM
I live in Fort Worth and make three or four home games, the **, and at least one road game. I enjoy the games when I am at home and get other things done but there is absolutely NO substitute for being there. No vacation is worth missing having total strangers high five you outside the stadium because you have red on. Having people smile at you because they are feeling the exact same way you are at that exact instance. Knowing you were part of it because you can no longer talk because you yelled the whole game. Being exhausted on Sunday because of yesterdays game. NO there is no substitute for being there. When I am home watching a game at home and something happens (and it always does) I always think dang it, I would rather be there. The tickets are worth it.

StoopTroup
4/4/2011, 12:03 PM
The minimum point total for OU/tx eligibility goes up every year too, so even if you are accruing, you could be in a position where it will take a VERY long time.

Very true.....the last time I got them was the year after I bought tickets for every away game that I could get on the order form. I think I might have done that for 2 years in a row and I hit the OU/tejas lotto.

Giving a donation helps but I decided it was more of a sure thing to go to OU/texas by just going down there every year and buying a ticket.

OUMallen
4/4/2011, 12:05 PM
And you can always just donate. A LOT. I used to donate $300/ticket for my two tickets and that wasn't enough. (And bear in mind, of course, that's just to allow you to purchase them. That doesn't include the actual price.)

Although I did get tickets to the 2008 Orange Bowl no problem at that level.

StoopTroup
4/4/2011, 12:15 PM
And you can always just donate. A LOT. I used to donate $300/ticket for my two tickets and that wasn't enough. (And bear in mind, of course, that's just to allow you to purchase them. That doesn't include the actual price.)

That's why I didn't donate. I think if I lived in Norman I'd get Season Tickets to anything down there that boosted priority points instead of donating. If you sold a ticket to someone and they didn't go....no points.

If they link the Priority points to Basketball.....that's why you see so many empty seats sometimes at those games....

I'd like to see them change the policy on football to supporting just football.....but like you say....donating is the way to get there and if it's for a 50-50 shot at being able to buy OU/texas tickets....for me it's simple...just buy tickets for the game for 200-300 each.

soonerbrat
4/4/2011, 12:43 PM

actually, no, I can't donate a lot..LOL

C&CDean
4/4/2011, 02:03 PM
I don't donate a dime. Never have. I get OU/TX tickets every year. Y'all must be doing something wrong.

StoopTroup
4/4/2011, 02:04 PM
I don't donate a dime. Never have. I get OU/TX tickets every year. Y'all must be doing something wrong.

What else do you buy tickets for?

OUMallen
4/4/2011, 02:54 PM
I don't donate a dime. Never have.

Nothing to be proud of, Russ.

virginiasooner
4/4/2011, 03:19 PM
I like sitting next to the same people every game. I'm just like you, except section 23. Had the seats since 95 I think. Don't pay for them, but Imo I like having ticket in hand before the game. Ours were originally sooner saver as well, not so much anymore.

Those are probably my Mother's tickets -- she had hers since 1954. Hope you've enjoyed them!

She gave them up because she couldn't find anyone to buy them. I would have bought them if I still lived in Oklahoma. I would have gone hungry to afford them back then.

StoopTroup
4/4/2011, 03:28 PM
I would have gone hungry to afford them back then.

I had a friend give his up 6 years or so ago....he didn't tell me he got mad at the ticket office and told them to shove them up their ***. I would have paid for them and used them until he returned from the job in Nevada he had to take...

I still can't believe he let them go....

budbarrybob
4/4/2011, 03:34 PM
For the last several years I have asked the wife if she wants to save some $$$ and just watch the games at home. I LOVE OU fb but also hate the traffic there and back. I don't tailgate and don't do the hang around before or after. I like the football and want to hurry back home to watch other games. However, every year she says she likes to go and we'll continue for awhile longer.... :D

nativesooner
4/4/2011, 07:02 PM
If you can afford to get them and sell them, do. If you didnt have them and wanted to get them this year, you'd be paying $1067 for south endzoners. I'd keep them if I were you, and just sell the season upfront.

jumperstop
4/4/2011, 07:07 PM
Those are probably my Mother's tickets -- she had hers since 1954. Hope you've enjoyed them!

She gave them up because she couldn't find anyone to buy them. I would have bought them if I still lived in Oklahoma. I would have gone hungry to afford them back then.

Maybe, we bought them through the school. Sec 23 Row 49, not bad seats cause they are on the corner and you can get some depth in the play.

StoopTroup
4/4/2011, 07:26 PM
If you can afford to get them and sell them, do. If you didnt have them and wanted to get them this year, you'd be paying $1067 for south endzoners. I'd keep them if I were you, and just sell the season upfront.

Thats what I was thinking to and then all the point stuff came up.

Brat....can't you just buy one season ticket?

At least if you purchase one and maybe a BB Ball season ticket and you sat in the seats and went to the games....you'd maybe build up enough points for a tejas ticket. You could also afford an away ticket too and get a few points that way.

It would be cool if you got points for selling your spare back through the ticket office....

soonerbrat
4/5/2011, 09:52 AM
Thats what I was thinking to and then all the point stuff came up.

Brat....can't you just buy one season ticket?

At least if you purchase one and maybe a BB Ball season ticket and you sat in the seats and went to the games....you'd maybe build up enough points for a tejas ticket. You could also afford an away ticket too and get a few points that way.

It would be cool if you got points for selling your spare back through the ticket office....

well yeah, i could buy just one...but what fun would that be? I might actually have someone to go with me at some point in the near future.

Whet
4/5/2011, 10:25 AM
Mongo would go with you!

Mjcpr
4/5/2011, 10:39 AM
Yes, and he would be most willing to put out in exchange for the tickets and dinner.

stoops the eternal pimp
4/5/2011, 10:42 AM
i dunno..rumor is he is saving it for marriage

Mjcpr
4/5/2011, 10:44 AM
i dunno..rumor is he is saving it for marriage

Oh, was he re-hymened?

stoops the eternal pimp
4/5/2011, 10:47 AM
the way he put it was "refreshing the flower"

soonerbrat
4/5/2011, 10:49 AM
are you kidding? Mongo hates me.

Mjcpr
4/5/2011, 10:50 AM
the way he put it was "refreshing the flower"

If ever there was a flower needing refreshed...

stoops the eternal pimp
4/5/2011, 10:50 AM
wuh? mongo doesn't hate anyone...

Mjcpr
4/5/2011, 10:52 AM
are you kidding? Mongo hates me.

His mouf may say no, no but his ween is saying yes, yes.

soonerbrat
4/5/2011, 10:54 AM
whatever.

Mjcpr
4/5/2011, 10:59 AM
What do you think it is saying?

Mongo
4/5/2011, 11:04 AM
this thread went all weird

stoops the eternal pimp
4/5/2011, 11:05 AM
mmmm...don't see it

Mongo
4/5/2011, 11:07 AM
I barely know when I will get called out to work, let alone plan to go to games. I would hate to break a classy girl's heart

Mjcpr
4/5/2011, 11:09 AM
I barely know when I will get called out to work, let alone plan to go to games. I would hate to break a classy girl's heart

What about brat's though?

soonerbrat
4/5/2011, 11:11 AM
again, whatever. to both of you.

B00m3R So0n3r
4/5/2011, 11:20 AM
A buddy of mine got something called team tix to the 2012 BCS Championship game for Auburn. I didn't think those had come out yet. I want to one up him and buy some for Alabama. Does anybody know anything about team tix? He said he got 4 of them for like $30. I want to get them before they go up in price seeing as I live in Chicago and it will already be a pricey trip. Please if anybody knows anything about them let me know soon. Oh yeah, he said he bought them off the Sugar Bowl website. I'm going to ask around a few different blogs to expedite and hasten finding the answer. Let me know if you know anything about team tix.

soonerbrat
4/5/2011, 11:23 AM
can't help ya.

nativesooner
4/5/2011, 12:17 PM
Brat, do you donate to the Sooner Club? If so surely by now you'd have enough points for Tex tix? I believe the cutoff last year was 38 points. It usually goes up @ 2 points per year. Though this year the Sooner Club (in an effort to get more $$) told folks that they could "be cool" and give 110% like the players do on the field... blah blah blah....Sadly though, some folks will actually say "well heck, if Landry can give 110%, so can I!" and donate more as they want. This will affect the point total as well, just not sure how much yet?

badger
4/5/2011, 12:35 PM
well yeah, i could buy just one...but what fun would that be? I might actually have someone to go with me at some point in the near future.

The tailgate might find you a friend before the game, even if they are just looking for friend not for boyfriend :D

soonerbrat
4/5/2011, 12:36 PM
Brat, do you donate to the Sooner Club? If so surely by now you'd have enough points for Tex tix? I believe the cutoff last year was 38 points. It usually goes up @ 2 points per year. Though this year the Sooner Club (in an effort to get more $$) told folks that they could "be cool" and give 110% like the players do on the field... blah blah blah....Sadly though, some folks will actually say "well heck, if Landry can give 110%, so can I!" and donate more as they want. This will affect the point total as well, just not sure how much yet?

no, I don't. I should for sure. I might this fall, depending on how this whole living downtown thing works out.

WichitaSooner
4/5/2011, 12:42 PM
Wait... a single woman, with OU season tickets? And you can't find someone to go with you????

That math doesn't add up? :confused:

soonerbrat
4/5/2011, 01:10 PM
Wait... a single woman, with OU season tickets? And you can't find someone to go with you????

That math doesn't add up? :confused:

i'm really ugly. and mean.

olevetonahill
4/5/2011, 01:20 PM

Hell Id marry ya even with out the Tickets, Cept you dont want a old Moonshiner:D

WichitaSooner
4/5/2011, 01:25 PM

I know I'm a noob 'round here, but I somehow don't believe that...

Hell Id marry ya even with out the Tickets, Cept you dont want a old Moonshiner:D

Does she not want you because of the "old" or the "moonshiner?"

C&CDean
4/5/2011, 01:25 PM
What else do you buy tickets for?

Nothing. I'll buy single game tickets to baseball and basketball, but I don't have any other season tix except football.

soonerbrat
4/5/2011, 01:30 PM
LOL...actually, it's just it seems like it costs more to buy the whole season than get individual games. the last couple seasons I bought a ticket from someone else, but that won't happen this year. just wondering if it's worth keeping up with it "just in case" there's a year with a really good schedule where it might be hard to find tickets. I haven't had any problems selling them to other people so far, but with this year's schedule, don't know if anyone will want them (including me)

C&CDean
4/5/2011, 01:50 PM
Nothing to be proud of, Russ.

Really? So should I just go donate some money for ****s and giggles then?

OU gets plenty of my $$. I ain't gonna apologize for not donating more.

Also, I feel much more blessed by donating my time/effort/energy/$$ to the football tailgates.

texaspokieokie
4/5/2011, 02:06 PM

Also, I feel much more blessed by donating my time/effort/energy/$$ to the football tailgates.

& so do those who attend said tailgates.

nativesooner
4/5/2011, 11:11 PM
no, I don't. I should for sure. I might this fall, depending on how this whole living downtown thing works out.

My father in law had his tickets for 15 years but never donated. In order to better his chances of getting Tex tix, he joined the Sooner Club 3 seasons ago. He donated the minimum for the first two seasons, but only had about half the required total for Texas tickets. Last year he called the Sooner Club and they told him that if he donated X amount OVER his requirement, he should get enough points to get them. His minimum donation was $200 for his pair, but last year he donated almost triple that and got them. The donation is of course 80% tax deductible, so that may or may not help. I do think it would be easier for you to keep yours and just sell the whole season upfront for cost. Then when game week rolls around, just get yourself some outside. :) Oh, I think you can do the whole basketball thing to help with points, but it's easier to just donate over for football when and if you to decide join up.

OUMallen
4/6/2011, 08:59 AM

Don't worry. You just freeload off the rest of the donors. They'll take care of it. :rolleyes:

Condescending Sooner
4/6/2011, 09:18 AM
You just can't justify paying for season tickets financially. You can get them way cheaper on the street, and pick the games you want to see. I am seriously considering turning mine in this year.

JLEW1818
4/6/2011, 10:00 AM
i got 2 tickets last year against Iowa State for 20 bucks each. this was about 15minutes before kickoff.

section 23, great view

we were BCS #1 the next morning.

badger
4/6/2011, 10:20 AM
Don't worry. You just freeload off the rest of the donors. They'll take care of it. :rolleyes:

I am a far worse Sooner - I freeload off the season ticket holders who may or may not be donors. They're off paying at least face value for the tickets they sell me, and here I am, offering like $20 each... or $20 for two in some cases :D

So, don't shun the non-donor season ticket holders. Shun me, the freeloading scalped ticket buyer. You pay so much more to get into Owen Field than I do :O

JLEW1818
4/6/2011, 10:21 AM
lol, somebody bought it for full face

nativesooner
4/6/2011, 11:36 AM
I am a far worse Sooner - I freeload off the season ticket holders who may or may not be donors. They're off paying at least face value for the tickets they sell me, and here I am, offering like $20 each... or $20 for two in some cases :D

So, don't shun the non-donor season ticket holders. Shun me, the freeloading scalped ticket buyer. You pay so much more to get into Owen Field than I do :O

Wait a minute Badj.... are you about 5' 5" blonde and smokin hot? When Mizzou rolled into town a few years back ranked way up there, I wound up with an extra ticket on game day. I went down a few hours early and held up the ticket. A cute girl walked up to me and asked how much. I told her $40, which was less than face. Also explained to her that she'd be sitting next to me in place of my wife. She said all she had was $20. I thought about it for a minute, and figured ahh what the heck! About 5 minutes before kickoff, a 300+ lb Mizzou fan comes walking down our row. He sits down right next to me (and halfway on me). I said "uhh, where'd you get your ticket?" He said "some college girl sold it to me for $150!" :mad:

JLEW1818
4/6/2011, 11:47 AM
Wait a minute Badj.... are you about 5' 5" blonde and smokin hot? When Mizzou rolled into town a few years back ranked way up there, I wound up with an extra ticket on game day. I went down a few hours early and held up the ticket. A cute girl walked up to me and asked how much. I told her $40, which was less than face. Also explained to her that she'd be sitting next to me in place of my wife. She said all she had was $20. I thought about it for a minute, and figured ahh what the heck! About 5 minutes before kickoff, a 300+ lb Mizzou fan comes walking down our row. He sits down right next to me (and halfway on me). I said "uhh, where'd you get your ticket?" He said "some college girl sold it to me for $150!" :mad:

that really is one of the funniest things that i have ever read on this board. :D

olevetonahill
4/6/2011, 12:20 PM
I know I'm a noob 'round here, but I somehow don't believe that...

Does she not want you because of the "old" or the "moonshiner?"

Maybe if i trimmed my Beard id have a chance ;)

olevetonahill
4/6/2011, 12:21 PM

Dumas :D

badger
4/6/2011, 12:25 PM

I have only resold a ticket once because we only wanted 3 but some guy wanted to sell us 4. So, we sold ticket number 4 for even less. I think it was the Tech game last year, not sure.

We coincidentally ended up in the same row as our in-laws. It was a very, very fun game :D

As for if I'm about 5'5" blonde and "smoking hot," I am not even 5'3" on days I wear heels. My hair is only blonde in the summer, then returns to reddish in the fall, and even if you think I'm "smoking hot," I'm already spoken for. NP will kick your arse :P

nativesooner
4/6/2011, 01:52 PM
Dumas :D

lol! I know! That's what I get though I guess.

Glad it wasn't you Badg.. I was going to ask you for another $100! ;)

C&CDean
4/6/2011, 04:04 PM

Oh. "the rest of the donors" pay for my season tickets do they? Who knew? I'll be sure to thank them.

Oh. Are you one of the "rest of the donors" or are you just running your trap?

C&CDean
4/6/2011, 04:07 PM
That's what I thought.

stoops the eternal pimp
4/6/2011, 04:14 PM
I took my family of 4 a couple of seasons back for a grand total of 40 bucks..

bought on site 4 games last year, never paying more than 30 bucks a piece..

I feel horrible about it too :rolleyes:

btb916
4/7/2011, 12:12 AM
1. Buy student ticket.

2. Upgrade.

3. Best seats in the house if you don't mind standing and getting to the stadium an hour early.

Seamus
4/7/2011, 12:40 AM

Think with your head.

No, the other one, dummy ;)

Jason Alexander
4/7/2011, 12:45 AM
That's why I didn't donate. I think if I lived in Norman I'd get Season Tickets to anything down there that boosted priority points instead of donating. If you sold a ticket to someone and they didn't go....no points.

If they link the Priority points to Basketball.....that's why you see so many empty seats sometimes at those games....

I'd like to see them change the policy on football to supporting just football.....but like you say....donating is the way to get there and if it's for a 50-50 shot at being able to buy OU/texas tickets....for me it's simple...just buy tickets for the game for 200-300 each.

And when are you going to pitch this idea?

StoopTroup
4/7/2011, 01:29 AM
And when are you going to pitch this idea?

Around 10 years ago

badger
4/7/2011, 11:18 AM
Anytime I think about OU football becoming too expensive, another scalper sells me a WAAAAAAAY below face value ticket.

I hope you season ticket holders are getting huge tax writeoffs, because there have been very few games lately that you could command face value or above for.

OUMallen
4/7/2011, 11:19 AM
Anytime I think about OU football becoming too expensive, another scalper sells me a WAAAAAAAY below face value ticket.

I hope you season ticket holders are getting huge tax writeoffs, because there have been very few games lately that you could command face value or above for.

The donation is partially deductible.

C&CDean
4/8/2011, 12:10 PM

What I get is a guaranteed seat next to the guaranteed good people and the one ****ing *******, and OU/TX tickets every year. It's worth it.

yermom
4/8/2011, 12:15 PM
it's extra cash, but i can show up and not have to worry about where i'm getting tickets, and just go sit down

i have enough adventure in that department at the away games...

and if i keep getting access to Texass tickets, that's nice too. paying face for those makes up for some of the extra cash

WichitaSooner
4/8/2011, 12:46 PM

See, I wouldn't know or care what my tickets are worth on the secondary market, because I actually buy my tickets to USE THEM.... Novel concept, I guess....

I never have to worry about where I'm sitting this week. Who will I be sitting next to? Will I be able to get in the stadium in time to see the pregame? Will I have to pay more for a bigger game? Will I get scammed with voided tickets?

See, those are all things I don't have to worry about... and I what I pay is more than worth not having to deal with any of the uncertainty. Plus I know all my money is going to the university. Period. Rather than going to some bottom feeding, scumbag scalper that needs a few bucks for more cheetohs and porn.

texaspokieokie
4/8/2011, 03:06 PM
See, I wouldn't know or care what my tickets are worth on the secondary market, because I actually buy my tickets to USE THEM.... Novel concept, I guess....

I never have to worry about where I'm sitting this week. Who will I be sitting next to? Will I be able to get in the stadium in time to see the pregame? Will I have to pay more for a bigger game? Will I get scammed with voided tickets?

See, those are all things I don't have to worry about... and I what I pay is more than worth not having to deal with any of the uncertainty. Plus I know all my money is going to the university. Period. Rather than going to some bottom feeding, scumbag scalper that needs a few bucks for more cheetohs and porn.

WOOW, me too !!!!

we just got our bill from OU ticket office. went up a little.
if we want to sell them, the guy whose family surrounds us will gladly give
face value.

no donations, no tax deduction & no rrr tickets. it's OK with me.

DRLSooner
4/11/2011, 10:59 AM

This.. a million times. Well said.

soonerbrat
4/11/2011, 11:34 AM

if i had somone that would split the cost with me and that I actually wanted to sit with, I'd use mine too.

don't patronize me.

soonerbrat
4/15/2011, 10:14 AM
I sold them, but I kept them in my name. maybe one of these years I'll need'em

yermom
4/15/2011, 11:29 AM

the tickets are generally sold out. the university has already gotten paid. the trick is avoiding the scumbag scalpers, anyway. they have to buy the tickets from someone. it's always best to avoid the middle man...

badger
4/15/2011, 11:38 AM
I remember when OU's info tech department started a student ticket exchange site and students were trying to sell their Miami tickets for like $200 each :eek:

Yes, there are scumbag scalpers around the stadium on Saturdays, but it's mostly people just trying to drop extra tickets for a fair (read: below face value) price.

I would beg people for tickets on here, but I don't think I'm very fun to watch games with. After years of screaming myself hoarse as a student, I only cheer for the really good plays, especially touchdowns :)

yermom
4/15/2011, 11:53 AM
i'm not sure about what happened to the Ticket Marketplace on sin/hub. that was a good place to find Texas tickets at times...