PDA

View Full Version : Stanford Tree vs Lassie Aggy lasses

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
4/3/2011, 06:50 PM
I know it's not OU, but I find myself pulling for Lassie ag. They've never been to a final 4 before, and I like the way they demolished Skeletor and her gang. Also, I really dislike the Tree, since they always beat Sherri's girls. Anyway, it's a good matchup. GO LASSIE AG!

4/3/2011, 06:57 PM
Stanford up by 4 at halftime.

badger
4/3/2011, 08:30 PM
we listened to the final seconds on the radio, then saw the replay on ESPN. good for them, wish that OU could beat stanford, but glad somebody could if we couldn't. good luck not losing by 30 to uconn in the title game though, because 99 percent of the time that pass that led to the game winning shot gets intercepted in the womens game

SoonerBread
4/3/2011, 10:15 PM
I have to admit, I didn't see aTm making it that far. Good for them, and good for Coach Blair.

Notice how Blair and Sampson coach similar styles?

sooner59
4/3/2011, 10:32 PM
UCONN down by 10 with 5 min. left. Check that 12.

sooner59
4/3/2011, 10:57 PM
Looks like A&M is gonna play the domers, who bounced OU from the tourney, for the title. Who woulda thunk it.

4/4/2011, 12:22 AM
QUOTE=sooner59;3190402]Looks like A&M is gonna play the domers, who bounced OU from the tourney, for the title. Who woulda thunk it.[/QUOTE]EF THE EFFING DOMER! GO LASSIE AG!

Curly Bill
4/4/2011, 12:24 AM
I have to admit, I didn't see aTm making it that far. Good for them, and good for Coach Blair.

Notice how Blair and Sampson coach similar styles?

No, I really don't.

SoonerBread
4/4/2011, 12:34 AM
No, I really don't.

Must be just me then. Here's the similarities I see...

Lock-down defense, methodical offense, quick scoring only from transition, athletically gifted players that aren't necessarily going to win many skills contests, force you to play their tempo and dictate the flow of the game.

They play more full-court defense than Sampson's teams, but their philosophy and approach to the game reminds me of Sampson's OU teams, especially the latter ones.

My perception only, of course.

Curly Bill
4/4/2011, 03:09 AM
Fair enough, and you make some good comparisons.

I'd equate them more to some of the Nolan Richardson "40 minutes of hell" Arkansas teams. Full court man pressure, about half the time of which they're fouling the crap out of ya, theory being the refs aren't gonna call all of it.

Curly Bill
4/4/2011, 03:11 AM
I saw both their regional games in Dallas, and they were impressive. They absolutely embarrassed Georgia. I don't care for SEC teams, but I almost felt sorry for them. LOL

virginiasooner
4/4/2011, 08:36 AM
Go Aggies, beat the Domeheads!

badger
4/4/2011, 08:45 AM
This is just downright depressing, because if we had even a normal shooting night for us, we would have beat ND. Instead, we were beyond atrocious. We could have been the ones beating Tennessee and UConn in back-to-back games to go to the title game... and then, yeah, have to get punched to death en route to the title by A&M, but still :mad:

Bourbon St Sooner
4/4/2011, 08:58 AM
This must be texag's year. Have we beaten them in anything this year? This is a wierd role reversal. Next year we need to go back to making them our punching bag.

NMSooner'80
4/4/2011, 10:41 AM
This must be texag's year. Have we beaten them in anything this year? This is a wierd role reversal. Next year we need to go back to making them our punching bag.

We did win one baseball game in that series in Norman.

badger
4/4/2011, 10:53 AM

If only we could have played them early instead of Pokette. Then we could have had Jerrod throwing us the ball all of the time instead of dealing with Tannehill... but we were fortunate to be in that game at all, seeing how it started :(

We had a chance to beat the Lady Aggies at home, but like the Baylor game at home, came up short in the closing seconds. It just wasn't our year in-conference in womens basketball... even if it could have been in the tourney if we shot better against the Domers :mad:

Skipping past men's basketball immediately and quietly...

Baseball is traditionally a Texcentric sport, with tons of recruits staying in-state, so not too terrible a thought to lose a few games to the Ags. I still think we're Omaha-bound again... or at least hopeful we are :)

As for the rest, just tune in any day of the year at TexAgs as they lament and rant about how they always win in the non-revenue sports but can't get titles and postseason runs going in the big boy stuff. It'll allow you to sleep at night if you can't get over the fact we finally lost to Aggie :rcmad:

badger
4/4/2011, 01:14 PM
btw, ESPN is bringing Sherri in to badmouth A&M and ND :D

Link (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/OU/article.aspx?subjectid=92&articleid=20110404_234_0_Oklaho810813)

I keed, I keed. I have never heard Sherri badmouth anyone and it would be completely out of character for her to start now :)

NormanPride
4/4/2011, 01:55 PM
She'll talk about A&M's "physical defense" and ND's "amazing hot streak".

Code words for thugball and lucky as hell.

Bourbon St Sooner
4/4/2011, 04:42 PM
We did win one baseball game in that series in Norman.

Since we lost the series, I'm considering that a loss. aggie's having a dream year. Screw em. I look forward to football putting the normal pounding on them in Norman next year and hopefully Lon and Sherri restoring order.

4/4/2011, 04:45 PM
Since we lost the series, I'm considering that a loss. aggie's having a dream year. Screw em. I look forward to football putting the normal pounding on them in Norman next year and hopefully Lon and Sherri restoring order.I would bet most here would agree with your sentiments, but for now, I want to see the DOMER GO DOWN-HARD!