PDA

View Full Version : Leon Russell on SNL tonight

A Sooner in Texas
4/2/2011, 10:09 PM
For those of you not engaged in watching the UConn-Kentucky game (which is close to being over), Oklahoma's own legend Leon Russell is the musical guest on Saturday Night Live tonight. Elton John is the host; he and Leon will perform songs from their "The Union" CD, which is awesome.

I'll definitely be tuning in!

picasso
4/2/2011, 10:36 PM
I saw Leon back in January. After about the 4th song it all sounded the same.

hawaii 5-0
4/2/2011, 11:15 PM
Very timely in my eyes. I just got a video of Leon with JJ Cale and another from around 1971 with Don Preston, Claudia Linnear, etc.

5-0

Trump/Sheen 2012

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
4/2/2011, 11:23 PM
I saw Leon back in January. After about the 4th song it all sounded the same.

I saw him live in PHX a couple yrs ago, and he didn't do so well. I understand he's ill. i don't remember the problem. But, he IS a showman, for sure. I'll prolly try to catch some of the show tonight.

picasso
4/2/2011, 11:31 PM
I saw him live in PHX a couple yrs ago, and he didn't do so well. I understand he's ill. i don't remember the problem. But, he IS a showman, for sure. I'll prolly try to catch some of the show tonight.

The band sounded great, I just couldn't understand him and I was sober. Could have been the same song all night long.

A Sooner in Texas
4/2/2011, 11:54 PM
In reading about the making of "The Union," I believe Leon is suffering from multiple sclerosis.

StoopTroup
4/3/2011, 12:59 AM
He was nice to me every time I was around him.

Dude had it going on back in the day