PDA

View Full Version : Question about women's BBall.

Chuck Bao
4/2/2011, 06:59 PM
Why do you think that there are so many stories about the women's BBall coaches who can't stand each other? Why is there so much animosity? For example, Tennessee coach Pat Summitt can't stand Connecticut coach Geno Auriemma and vice versa and with many of the other leading coaches' attitude towards these two.

While on the men's side, you very seldom hear of that sort of thing.

OU_Sooners75
4/2/2011, 07:14 PM
Still an evolving sport?

Pat Summitt Is not used to having to share the spot light in her career...it used to be Tennessee and everyone else. Now it is Geno and everyone else and she cannot take it.

Why the others hate them both? I don't know....Sherri has respect for them both.

But I am just guessing.

Quik Sand
4/2/2011, 07:36 PM
Call Jim

Curly Bill
4/2/2011, 08:13 PM
I think it's partly due to less parity. There are fewer programs at the top, and I think they feel more territorial somehow. I think men's coaches understand there are any number of programs that can beat them any given game, but let's face it: if you're the women's coach at one of the very top programs you know there's only another couple of teams that can beat you.

TheBobbyTrain
4/2/2011, 08:59 PM
Why do you think that there are so many stories about the women's BBall coaches who can't stand each other? Why is there so much animosity?

It's because there are women involved.

Ruf/Nek7
4/2/2011, 09:22 PM

And geno might as well be a woman

Section 9
4/2/2011, 10:43 PM

Bingo!

Curly Bill
4/2/2011, 10:51 PM

What is this even supposed to mean?

badger
4/2/2011, 10:52 PM
I can name specifics, but in general, I don't know why it seems that the women's game is a little more coach rivalry-ish.

It's definitely not a man/woman thing. I think Pete Carroll genuinely hated Jim Harbaugh at the "what's your deal?" moment a few seasons back. I think there's probably other similar cases that can be named at both pro and college football levels.

oumartin
4/3/2011, 05:13 AM
No worries Chuck, If Britney Griner can get a scholly then I am sure Nope can.

pphilfran
4/3/2011, 06:34 AM
Geno cheated on a recruit. Eventually, I think UConn reported a secondary violation, but Summitt believed it was much more than that, but it couldn't be proven.

It has nothing to do with spotlight, but Summitt feeling wronged.

Yep...there was a bunch of back and forth between the two...

texaspokieokie
4/3/2011, 07:32 AM

i hear he's a lezzy.:D