View Full Version : whorns spring game 4/3/11 at 2PM

JLEW1818
4/2/2011, 04:44 PM
ESPN
Sunday
2PM

JLEW1818
4/2/2011, 04:47 PM
I will watch some.. it's football.... 5-7 football... but still football.

i keep an eye on the whorns 365 days a year.... and so does Stoops

Collier11
4/2/2011, 04:48 PM
so much for Mack stripping the program back down, dip ****

JLEW1818
4/2/2011, 04:49 PM
so much for Mack stripping the program back down, dip ****

yep, money talks.

Jacie
4/2/2011, 04:59 PM
They will have recruits in the stands. Only way they can guarantee that they will see em win . . .

Quik Sand
4/2/2011, 05:03 PM
Mack will spend most of his time clapping

XingTheRubicon
4/2/2011, 08:00 PM
I hope Dorn doesn't spike himself.

meoveryouxinfinity
4/2/2011, 08:00 PM
like a train wreck.. so hard to look away

OU_Sooners75
4/2/2011, 08:01 PM
If I really want to watch football that bad...Ill tune into the NFL Network!

I hate Texass during the regular season...why on God's green earth would I want to watch their pitch and catch patty cake Spring game?

JLEW1818
4/2/2011, 08:03 PM
i bet Stoops will watch....

me wanna be like him :)

OU_Sooners75
4/2/2011, 08:15 PM
i bet Stoops will watch....

me wanna be like him :)

He probably will...but he wont have too. By the time the RRSO, Stoops will have plenty of film.

JLEW1818
4/2/2011, 09:08 PM
oh for sure. Still gotta keep your enemy under the radar at all times. Just like Stoops visit to Boise St.

gaylordfan1
4/2/2011, 09:29 PM
I will try to catch some of it.

bringit
4/2/2011, 09:33 PM
2:00 on a Sunday is beach time. No watchey

Quik Sand
4/2/2011, 09:55 PM
negative

Flying Scotsman
4/2/2011, 10:17 PM
Who are these whorns you speak of?

sooneron
4/2/2011, 10:35 PM
I need a good laugh...

oudavid1
4/2/2011, 11:05 PM
I'm friggin pumped /dvr

JLEW1818
4/3/2011, 03:44 PM
i want to beat the orange **** outta them so bad.....

jmillerfan
4/3/2011, 07:17 PM
we will rush for about 250 yards

BoomerJ
4/3/2011, 07:42 PM
I hope you're right, but what gives you that impression? Did their front 7 look like butter today?

badger
4/3/2011, 08:36 PM
Rumor had it (admittedly from people that probably only talk like they know what they're talking about) that Gilbert/family had promises from Mack on starting, hence Case being relegated to mop-up duty. After a 5-7 season, I think it's safe to say that if any promise ever existed it's over with now and the QB job is Case's to take and fans to excite themselves over (i think it goes without saying that every whorn wetdreams of mccoy to shipley part deaux).

I didn't watch, but heard via ESPN reports that Case looked like a better choice for the starting job in the spring game. After a 5-7 season, it might be time to do away with loyalty to recruiting promises (again, if they ever actually existed) realize that your time is running out before retirement (forceful retirement or voluntary retirement) and just go for a winning season... and that probably involves a switch at QB.

(not that I care. i would love to see Texas lose even more games this year if possible)

Okie35
4/3/2011, 09:08 PM
I didn't watch but a couple of ppl I know that are Longhorn fans said their team still looks awful offensively.

gaylordfan1
4/3/2011, 09:09 PM
Reguardless of how bad the QB situation looked, or how excited we are about this.... I'm still worried about this BSU transfer OC. Game plan is everything.

badger
4/3/2011, 09:16 PM
A 5-7 season is not one you can just recover from, especially without a complete overhaul. Keeping the guy in charge ensures that there will be some continuity... of losing. :mack:

jersey sooner
4/3/2011, 09:22 PM
Reguardless of how bad the QB situation looked, or how excited we are about this.... I'm still worried about this BSU transfer OC. Game plan is everything.

It won't make a damn bit of difference this year. Long-term it's a great move.

picasso
4/3/2011, 09:39 PM

You can't paint a Picasso if you haven't any talent. I mean, you can map out a plan and buy a nice canvas but it will still look like ****.

oudavid1
4/3/2011, 10:22 PM
just got done watching the whole thing. All qbs were bad. Drew Allen would start there tomorrow. The oline isnt terrible. They have some really young athletes on the outside (offense and deffense) but we (OU) are way bigger. Kennan Robinson, Okafor, and E. Acho are the only things we really need to worry about blocking. On defense, Mike Davis, Goodwin, and DJ Monroe. I think we got it.

gaylordfan1
4/3/2011, 11:00 PM
You can't paint a Picasso if you haven't any talent. I mean, you can map out a plan and buy a nice canvas but it will still look like ****.

Nice avatar reference.... ;) I like it.

picasso
4/3/2011, 11:17 PM
Nice avatar reference.... ;) I like it.

;)

And David, careful you don't sound like Robert Allen, ala spring '07.

Curly Bill
4/4/2011, 12:13 AM
If history has taught us anything, it's not to overlook our hated rival in the RRS. Most likely, no matter what else saxet does this year, it'll be a battle.

That being said: I look forward to kicking the ever livin shizzam out of em.

Curly Bill
4/4/2011, 12:15 AM
...and for the 9 or 10 plays I watched both Lil Colt and Gilbert looked pretty mediocre at best.

Okie35
4/4/2011, 12:42 AM
It won't make a damn bit of difference this year. Long-term it's a great move.

True. I think it won't matter for a few years when he gets his own recruits.

texaspokieokie
4/4/2011, 07:27 AM
JMHO

i think tx will be much better this year.

some folks are deluding themselves.

badger
4/4/2011, 08:51 AM
JMHO

ja, i know... but at the same time, their non-conference includes some tough opponents before RRS:

Brigham Young
at UCLA

What was Mack thinking? :D

They also start Murderer's Row a week before RRS when they visit Iowa State. :D

silverwheels
4/4/2011, 08:57 AM
JMHO

Kinda hard for them to not improve on a 5-7 season. I still don't think they'll compete for the conference title, though, unless their QB play gets a lot better very quickly.

badger
4/4/2011, 09:28 AM
Kinda hard for them to not improve on a 5-7 season. I still don't think they'll compete for the conference title, though, unless their QB play gets a lot better very quickly.

They also travel to Poke State the week after RRS.

The only sure-fire win I see in the first half of their schedule is hosting Rice.

texaspokieokie
4/4/2011, 09:30 AM
aren't your nails done yet ???

badger
4/4/2011, 10:15 AM
Nope, never... but I did get a new sig and avvie up to commemorate the end of our basketball postseason drought. hail, lon: savior of ou mens basketball! :D

NormanPride
4/4/2011, 10:16 AM
baj's nails are never done.

LakeRat
4/4/2011, 10:38 AM
I sure hope we aren't as bad as they are in the spring game. They looked hideous. I could start at QB. And I couldn't start for my 7th grade team. OK their not that bad, but it didn't look like a top 25 team. I wouldn't have them in the initial top 25.

badger
4/4/2011, 11:16 AM
I could start at QB.

I would just like to squish this line of thought for any aspiring whorn QB's out there.

No, you cannot be the starting Longhorn quarterback unless Mack claps for you and Mack will not clap for you unless

a) he is forced to start you because his 5-star quarterback bolted for the NFL early or
b) you are a 5-star quarterback recruit that was promised the starting job in return for committing.

I don't care how talented you are, you are not the future whorn QB so long as Mack is around unless you are the only option or you were promised the job during recruiting. Think Chrissy Sims should have been the whorn QB? Think Fumbles McScramble should have been the whorn QB (yes junior year, wtf the other years)? Think anyone besides Colt McCoy, who by virtue of Texas losing every top recruiting prospect to another school from Chase McBooger (mizz) to Brett Romar (moving right along...)to Jevan Snead (teeeheeelolololololol) to Mitch Mustain (bwahahahahahaha) et al is the BEST texas can do in a state chalk full of talent?!?!

This is the clear and present danger of having a Mack Daddy instead of a Stoops Daddy. Under Stoops, the best players play. Under :mack:, the highest touted recruits play.

FACT! FACT! FACT! FACT! FACT! :cool:

(i said "fact" five times and wrote it on the intraweb so you know it must be true)

BigJerm7
4/4/2011, 11:18 AM
<~~~~still wondering what happened to Demarco Cobbs

oudavid1
4/4/2011, 12:44 PM
<~~~~still wondering what happened to Demarco Cobbs

He is playing. Might start :eek: