PDA

View Full Version : Saturday Scrimmage Highlights

adoniijahsooner
4/2/2011, 03:54 PM
http://www.soonersports.com/allaccess/index.html?media=240201

Leroy Lizard
4/2/2011, 03:58 PM
Jersey Sooner wants to know if anyone got seriously hurt. He's preparing a new stand-up routine.

StoopTroup
4/2/2011, 03:58 PM
Wonder if Warren Moon covered it? :D ;)

StoopTroup
4/2/2011, 04:07 PM
Miller and Hanna tearing it up

bixby28
4/2/2011, 04:14 PM

Landry threw the ball well, too. Passing game must have really been clicking today.

It's a shame they don't give us more of the scrimmage game to watch.

oudavid1
4/2/2011, 04:21 PM
Im gonna watch em fail! hehe

swardboy
4/2/2011, 04:37 PM
Never noticed Landry holding the ball as low as he does when looking downfield. Sam is much faster on the release.

jersey sooner
4/2/2011, 04:43 PM
How did the jersey kid do?

jersey sooner
4/2/2011, 05:02 PM
And how did BW do?

jersey sooner
4/2/2011, 05:02 PM
And how did Mr. Jefferson do?

jersey sooner
4/2/2011, 05:03 PM
And how did #56 do?

jersey sooner
4/2/2011, 05:03 PM
And did Broyles tear his ACL? :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

picasso
4/2/2011, 05:12 PM
Never noticed Landry holding the ball as low as he does when looking downfield. Sam is much faster on the release.

I think Landry makes up for it with the zip.

jersey sooner
4/2/2011, 05:46 PM
I think Landry makes up for it with the zip.

Yes, and

Sam is but wasn't much faster on the release.

And we know all about Landry (other than he can run :confused: ), so on to more important things. How did the other stache look? How did our new Strong Safety look? How did Corey Nelson and Javon Harris look? How did Broyles' knee look? How did our new Right, or hopefully Left, Tackle look? Did AD's second cousin (is this really true?) eat everyone's children? How did our fullback and tight end look? How did little barry look? And for the last ****ing time, how did BW look?

jersey sooner
4/2/2011, 06:30 PM
Or did nobody watch the first spring game of the year?

jersey sooner
4/2/2011, 06:52 PM
I am giggling right now:

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/fc643b6615.jpg

XingTheRubicon
4/2/2011, 07:55 PM
you might need to hang yourself

Quik Sand
4/2/2011, 08:16 PM
Ha

jersey sooner
4/2/2011, 08:38 PM
Yea, I guess I shouldn't be excited that we look more loaded than we did in 03.

LostCreekSooner
4/3/2011, 07:20 AM
Yea, I guess I shouldn't be excited that we look more loaded than we did in 03.

It will all depend on the interior d-line.

OU-HSV
4/3/2011, 07:43 AM

From the few practice videos and this scrimmage video that I've watched, it sure looks like Dejaun Miller is making some good catches and running good routes.

adoniijahsooner
4/3/2011, 09:18 AM
McCay got a bomb in there as well.

hawaii 5-0
4/3/2011, 10:19 AM
Thanks for the reports guys.

Meanwhile people are starving in Hawaii

(for Sooner Football news)

5-0

Trump/Sheen 2012

usaosooner
4/3/2011, 10:45 AM
Boomer Sooner! Can't wait till the spring game

The Ghost of Mex
4/3/2011, 01:35 PM
Hanna will be great this year...

I thought he gradumatated and was gone...:mack:

I feel like I do when I awaken on Friday thinking it's Thursday morning...eventually I'm pleasantly surprised.

IronHorseSooner
4/4/2011, 08:04 AM
Areas that I don't have much concern this Spring: QB, WR/TE, DE, LB, P

Areas that I moderate concern: RB (Due to health and experience, not talent), K (Jimmy finished well last year, but range?), OL (with JJ's injury), 1/2 of the secondary (Hurst & Harris/Proctor), kick & punt returners (loads of talent, just need more production)

Areas of more concern: DT (I think the talent and depth are there, it just needs to show more), KO coverage (need I say more), the other 1/2 of the secondary (Lynn and Colvin are very talented, but one is a position move, and the other has never started. I also have a question about depth)

prrriiide
4/4/2011, 11:56 AM
Meanwhile people are starving in Hawaii

(for Sooner Football news)

I really hope you don't expect any sympathy.

LakeRat
4/4/2011, 11:58 AM

Areas that I moderate concern: RB (Due to health and experience, not talent), K (Jimmy finished well last year, but range?), OL (with JJ's injury), 1/2 of the secondary (Hurst & Harris/Proctor), kick & punt returners (loads of talent, just need more production)

Areas of more concern: DT (I think the talent and depth are there, it just needs to show more), KO coverage (need I say more), the other 1/2 of the secondary (Lynn and Colvin are very talented, but one is a position move, and the other has never started. I also have a question about depth)

Agree with almost all of it here.

The only thoughts on the secondary is I would think you would want Jefferson in that mix at DB. Also, Colvin looked really solid in his play time last year. Hurst was never thrown at. Those three should be really good this year and I am not concerned at all. That does leave two spots to fill.

Not concerned about RB when you have the recruits we have had there. Also, we haven't struggled with output from these guys since BOB has been here. The weakest year was maybe 2003. And we had 1500 yards in output.

JMO

Sooner91ATL
4/4/2011, 12:00 PM
OL is definitely and should remain the top concern. Depth and youth issues, inconsistency, and the (as yet) undemonstrated ability to get low and knock opponents off the line of scrimmage should be very concerning to a team that wishes to win the whole thing next year. We can win the Big 12 with this team, but beyond that, there are questions.

rekamrettuB
4/4/2011, 09:23 PM
Good to see 24 back out there.

jersey sooner
4/4/2011, 09:37 PM
OL is definitely and should remain the top concern. Depth and youth issues, inconsistency, and the (as yet) undemonstrated ability to get low and knock opponents off the line of scrimmage should be very concerning to a team that wishes to win the whole thing next year. We can win the Big 12 with this team, but beyond that, there are questions.

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/f6f5ac559e.jpg

And about the O-Line, you'd be surprised how important playing a full year as a unit can be, even if it's only 4 of 5 coming back. We won't be last year Wisconsin good, but they'll certainly be one of the top 10 offensive lines in the country.

NormanPride
4/5/2011, 09:08 AM
Pass blocking, no doubt. I have my doubts about run blocking though.

Finch being 100% will help a ton, though.

OK2U
4/9/2011, 02:36 PM
BYE BYE Brandon Williams

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/207283_10150153928122005_99307042004_6826658_26397 72_n.jpg

oumartin
4/9/2011, 03:06 PM
Is Jonathan Miller practicing? how is he looking? he looked so good in the games before he got hurt

yankee
4/9/2011, 03:07 PM
Is Jonathan Miller practicing? how is he looking? he looked so good in the games before he got hurt

Looked like he was playing in that scrimmage.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
4/9/2011, 03:30 PM

there isn't a whole lot to go off of, but...

DE - There are 5 7 step drops that have zero pressure from the edge. I don't remember our tackles being AA calibre so you'd expect guys getting close on of them. Normally, when you don't worry about a position its because of either outrageous talent or consistency.

LB - On the running plays, you can see our starting linebackers chicken fighting with blockers and getting pushed out of their lanes. LB play has been seriously inconsistent for the last several years and has to be one of our biggest question marks on D. We have great play when they are uncovered, but if you scheme to block them, we get gashed.

here is an example of a much less talented defensive front playing the run with textbook technique. this should be the benchmark for how you look at our linebackers play.

R7O97sozoUo

things to look for:

Linebackers attacking the blocker and stacking him up. This creates traffic that slows down the ball carrier.

Linebackers beating blockers to the lane and making plays.

adoniijahsooner
4/9/2011, 04:10 PM
Scrimmage 2 Highlights

http://www.soonersports.com/allaccess/index.html?media=241172