PDA

View Full Version : Lon Kruger!!!!! Lon ****ing Kruger, Mutha****as!!!!

Boomer.....
4/2/2011, 01:40 PM
WHO THE **** IS THIS? JOE C JUST LAID A BIG FREAKING TURD ON THIS ONE.

jumperstop
4/2/2011, 01:47 PM
You couldn't have said this in any of the other coaching threads? Most people on here seem to approve though.

starrca23
4/2/2011, 04:05 PM
WHO THE **** IS THIS? JOE C JUST LAID A BIG FREAKING TURD ON THIS ONE.

Listen young one, Kruger's K-State squad posted wins agains Oklahoma and Kansas and also made it to the elite 8 in 88 while you were still laying "big freaking turds" in your pampers. Show some respect. The man has forgotten more basketball than you have seen.

As for the basketball side of your post, who else was there? It isn't a flashy hire, he isn't an up and comer like we are used to seeing Joe C. hire, and needs to prove he can recruit, but the bottom line is that he is now a Sooner. Let's give hime a chance...

badger
4/2/2011, 04:14 PM
I get the joke even if nobody else does :D

...ok, I pity those that don't. Here. (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109899&highlight=jeff+capel)

bigfatjerk
4/2/2011, 04:15 PM
Unlike the last guy, Lon's resume is a perfect fit for OU.

He took over a KSU program that had 1 winning season the previous half decade or so. Won 20+ games every year and went to the Tournament.

After 4 years went to Florida which was in shambles after probation. Went to the NIT after 1 bad year but slowly built them till they went to a Final Four his 4th year.

Took over a Illinois program that was a little down. Won 20 games in 3 of his 4 years there. Something Illinois hadn't done in almost a decade, went to the second round every year.

Took over a bad UNLV program that had done nothing since 1991. Won 30 games in a Sweet 16 season. Won 24 or more games in 4 of his last 5 seasons.

Notice a pattern in taking over down programs and building them? That's exactly what we need now.

Oh wait now I see that this is a joke. Sorry, didn't get it. Still my post has good stuff in it.

zandozan
4/2/2011, 04:20 PM
A great man once said...

"...No, you can't always get what you want,

But if you try sometime, you just might find,

you get what you need"

Soonerus
4/2/2011, 04:44 PM
I think it is a good hire...

Serenity Now
4/2/2011, 06:15 PM
Love the hire.

Quik Sand
4/2/2011, 06:38 PM
boomer

oulucas
4/2/2011, 08:11 PM
A great man once said...

"...No, you can't always get what you want,

But if you try sometime, you just might find,

you get what you need"

I believe that same philosopher said, "I can't get no satisfaction!"

nighttrain12
4/2/2011, 08:48 PM
I am just glad he is making a more positive contribution to society than his brother Freddy.

LiveLaughLove
4/2/2011, 10:01 PM
Pride was correct.

PrideTrombone
4/2/2011, 10:23 PM
Well, if it makes anyone feel better, I'm going with "cautiously optimistic" on this one. :)

Pricetag
4/2/2011, 10:33 PM
Notice a pattern in taking over down programs and building them? That's exactly what we need now.

Sounds like Schnellenberger.

birddog
4/3/2011, 08:04 AM
can't find the jeff muther****in capel thread. thank god.

the_ouskull
4/3/2011, 08:22 AM
I am just glad he is making a more positive contribution to society than his brother Freddy.

Right? Freddy is killing girls that aren't legal. Lon could, potentially, kill a basketball program.

I'd rather watch basketball, personally. The movies have been "meh" since the first couple - and they don't age very well, either.

I just wish that Freddy would have started the killings with the willfully apathetic students of the local high school. You know, send a message...? Imagine THOSE PSA's...

"Don't sleep in class, kids... or else."
- Sin, Freddy

I don't know why education didn't capitalize on this sooner. D*mn. Talk about missed opportunities.

the_ouskull

TheHumanAlphabet
4/3/2011, 07:37 PM

...ok, I pity those that don't. Here. (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109899&highlight=jeff+capel)

That's hilarious, Thanks Badj....

stoops the eternal pimp
4/4/2011, 12:18 AM
dear lowered people...

Bourbon St Sooner
4/4/2011, 08:55 AM

I was looking for that thread when Capel got fired just to put a bookend on it. Can't believe nobody brought it back the last couple of years.

Boomer.....
4/4/2011, 09:11 AM
It has been locked so you can't post in it.

badger
4/4/2011, 09:27 AM
I was looking for that thread when Capel got fired just to put a bookend on it. Can't believe nobody brought it back the last couple of years.

It had been bumped a few times, but yeah, locky lock lock.

stoopified
4/4/2011, 10:00 AM
I am just glad he is making a more positive contribution to society than his brother Freddy. Really? So you don't think retroactive birthcontrol is a contribution ?

stoops the eternal pimp
4/4/2011, 12:54 PM
the early reaction to this thread shows that people don't read the basketball forum

badger
4/4/2011, 01:16 PM
the early reaction to this thread shows that people don't read the basketball forum

or even the thread they're posting in to know that THIS IS A JOKE THIS IS A JOKE THIS IS A JOKE.

(10 minutes later: BOOOOO your a fairweather fan i luv Ron Crooger!)

Boomer.....
4/4/2011, 01:24 PM
Well at least some of us got it. :D