PDA

View Full Version : Grapevine says new wrestling coach is MARK CODY

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
4/2/2011, 01:20 AM
A friend close to the program said he's the new coach. I must admit I don't know if he is for sure the hire, and I don't know much about him. I'm heading to google.

4/2/2011, 01:33 AM
He's head coach at American U., and has had some significant successes. He wrestled in college in the SUNY system, and has been an assistant at orange aggy before. My buddy, who is quite knowledgeable, thinks a lot of Cody, and believes he's an excellent coach.

GDC
4/2/2011, 06:13 PM
Works for me.

4/2/2011, 06:36 PM
Works for me.Here's a profile from American U. http://www.aueagles.com/sports/m-wrestl/mtt/cody_mark00.html

MiccoMacey
4/2/2011, 10:03 PM
I got the same message, but was warned that it might be an April Fool's joke. Especially with Joe C. working on finalizing the Men's Basketball HC.

But if true, I also heard Andre Metzger would come in as an assistant/club coach.

MiccoMacey
4/2/2011, 10:08 PM
Nothing on Soonersports. At least not yet.

4/2/2011, 10:26 PM
I got the same message, but was warned that it might be an April Fool's joke. Especially with Joe C. working on finalizing the Men's Basketball HC.

But if true, I also heard Andre Metzger would come in as an assistant/club coach.I hear that "some folks" are trying to convince Joe C. and/or Cody to hire Metzger as an asst., and Metzger to accept as an asst. I hadn't thought about all this as April fool's joke, but anything's possible, ain't it?

MiccoMacey
4/4/2011, 11:32 AM
I would love to get Mark Cody. Or Andre Metzger (who reportedly would be bringing former Hawkeye Randy Lewis with him).

A pretty good source told me Andre's interested in the HC position. Not sure how he'd feel about being his assistant.

Taxman71
4/4/2011, 01:00 PM
Andre Metzger and Randy Lewis in Norman? I hope John Smith brings big brother Lee Roy to the Norman dual next year, that would bring back some great memories.

GrapevineSooner
4/4/2011, 02:53 PM
I'll have you know I said none of the things you're accusing me of.

;)

4/4/2011, 07:15 PM
An old OU buddy of mine from when I was at OU in the 60's sent this to me:

"I'll check the sites this evening but I would be very surprised if OU made an announcement like that at the exact moment they are introducing a brand new bball coach--bball being a much bigger sport at OU these days and even if it weren't, if I were the AD I'd say both coaches would be irked that OU would take away the pizazz from both of them by doing a virtually simultaneous announcement. Each coach deserves his day in the spotlight, alone. Having said this, I'll now probably find out there's been an announcement. But I'd be surprised if they didn't wait till either later this week or next."

MiccoMacey
4/5/2011, 09:22 PM
OSU sites are reporting it's Sammie Henson now.

Still nothing on Soonersports.

MiccoMacey
4/5/2011, 09:25 PM
Andre Metzger and Randy Lewis in Norman? I hope John Smith brings big brother Lee Roy to the Norman dual next year, that would bring back some great memories.

Yeah...maybe we can bring back Mark Schulz and Ed Banach as well.

yankee
4/6/2011, 12:29 AM
Is Sammie Henson getting a shot at the gig?

4/6/2011, 12:53 AM
http://wrestlingreport.com/current_news/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=28120&start=15

usmc-sooner
4/6/2011, 06:51 PM
I heard from a coach Henson over a year ago. I think Henson will do great. Little guy but gets guys in great shape. Should be a good recruiter since a lot of guys used to come to him to get better on their own.

We could have Chuck Liddell night at the fieldhouse. Henson was his personal wrestling coach in MMA.

MiccoMacey
4/12/2011, 05:58 PM
According to my source, Mark Cody is going to be announced tomorrow.

northspeter
4/12/2011, 07:58 PM
According to my source, Mark Cody is going to be announced tomorrow.

he was just announced... story is on soonersports.com

4/12/2011, 08:43 PM
I'm stoked. Look out, orange aggy, the Sooners might be back. I sure hope so. It's been a LONG time since we've been a top-flight program.

MiccoMacey
4/12/2011, 08:49 PM
http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-wrestl/spec-rel/041211aaa.html