PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Obama Campaign Ad

Whet
4/2/2011, 12:09 AM
complements of the NRSC

VIA5aszzA18

AlboSooner
4/2/2011, 01:42 AM
They ruined a great commercial. It started really well with showing the broken promises then it criticized trivial stuff like playing golf and filling out a NCAA bracket. Redo it without the trivial stuff, and it is home-run.

MamaMia
4/2/2011, 09:41 AM
They ruined a great commercial. It started really well with showing the broken promises then it criticized trivial stuff like playing golf and filling out a NCAA bracket. Redo it without the trivial stuff, and it is home-run.

I agree because believe the message that trivial stuff is trying to send is that he is not taking the job seriously and we already know that. :D

OUthunder
4/2/2011, 10:00 AM
Ouch. He's no Bill Clinton, that's for sure.

Whet
4/2/2011, 10:47 AM
I liked the unicorn and the rainbow at the end!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
4/2/2011, 11:52 AM
I agree because believe the message that trivial stuff is trying to send is that he is not taking the job seriously and we already know that. :DI disagree. He's taking the job WAY TOO seriously, considering what he expects to accomplish as president of the USA.

StoopTroup
4/2/2011, 12:41 PM
Someone at the RNC better start backing Trump soon. He looks like the Front Runner right now. Stuff like above is funny little shots to the junk but they better find someone better than a bunch of old men that have been divorced and bankrupt so many times that most of America can't figure out exactly why they aren't all in the poor house. America isn't going to trust a newt or a donald. Amazing. Maybe Palin is the best they have.

4/2/2011, 12:44 PM
Someone at the RNC better start backing Trump soon. He looks like the Front Runner right now. Stuff like above is funny little shots to the junk but they better find someone better than a bunch of old men that have been divorced and bankrupt so many times that most of America can't figure out exactly why they aren't all in the poor house. America isn't going to trust a newt or a donald. Amazing. Maybe Palin is the best they have.You would vote for Obummer over Palin?

StoopTroup
4/2/2011, 12:48 PM
Sure. He's a Lousy President but she's never been anything but a talking head. Newt and Trump are more qualified than her....I just would rather have her as the POTUS than Newt or Trump. Surely the Pubs have got someone who can pull the party together....instead of run around taking shots at a lame duck....

sooner ngintunr
4/2/2011, 12:50 PM
Me too. I did vote for McCain though. I would vote for almost anyone over Palin.

Whet
4/2/2011, 02:28 PM
Palin will not run, she will be used to raise money and campaigning.

Jerk
4/2/2011, 03:13 PM
I think his campaign slogan for 2012 should be "Coup de grace America 2012"

It would be perfect. And everyone on the dole can rally around that.

AlboSooner
4/2/2011, 03:26 PM
I keep hearing the wrong names from the Republican side, Palin and Trump. Obama will chew those two to bits.

I heard Trump on the Factor and he sounds like an internet tough guy. He's gonna be tough with the whole world and expect them to obey. Fool! He doesn't realize the moment we twist Pakistan's arm, they will not help us with Al-Qaeda, and fundamentalism will run amok, and the nukes will be in the hands of an ayatollah.

He sounds like candidate Obama, but more naive.

If the Repubs can get over Romney's Mormonism, and his Romney-care, then only he can beat Obama.

reflector
4/2/2011, 03:33 PM
I keep hearing the wrong names from the Republican side, Palin and Trump. Obama will chew those two to bits.

I heard Trump on the Factor and he sounds like an internet tough guy. He's gonna be tough with the whole world and expect them to obey. Fool! He doesn't realize the moment we twist Pakistan's arm, they will not help us with Al-Qaeda, and fundamentalism will run amok, and the nukes will be in the hands of an ayatollah.

He sounds like candidate Obama, but more naive.

If the Repubs can get over Romney's Mormonism, and his Romney-care, then only he can beat Obama.

I think Obama would have the easiest time beating Romney. He has taken all sides on many issues. It would be like Kerry's campaign all over again. Obama could easily paint Romney flip flopper, because he is. I think Obama is going to be hard to beat no matter what, but I think Romney would definitely lose.

AlboSooner
4/2/2011, 03:39 PM
I think Obama would have the easiest time beating Romney. He has taken all sides on many issues. It would be like Kerry's campaign all over again. Obama could easily paint Romney flip flopper, because he is. I think Obama is going to be hard to beat no matter what, but I think Romney would definitely lose.

Basically we agree, but Obama beats Palin, Trump and the other unknown guys worse than he beats Romney.

Romney has the name, experience, looks, money, seriousness, to give Obama a serious run. If the economy doesn't improve more until 2012, then I think Romney can win. It's not like Obama hasn't flipped flopped.

reflector
4/2/2011, 03:46 PM
Basically we agree, but Obama beats Palin, Trump and the other unknown guys worse than he beats Romney.

Romney has the name, experience, looks, money, seriousness, to give Obama a serious run. If the economy doesn't improve more until 2012, then I think Romney can win. It's not like Obama hasn't flipped flopped.

I disagree somewhat. I think Obama wants Romney to be the nominee. He would have the easiest time beating Romney. I don't think Palin is going to run.

I had some problems with what Trump said in his interview with O'Reilly, but he did have some decent ideas. I thought his deal about the birth certificate was dumb though. I view the birth certificate issue almost exactly like the Bush National Guard story in 2004. I think it is just bait.

StoopTroup
4/2/2011, 05:25 PM
I think his campaign slogan for 2012 should be "Coup de grace America 2012"

It would be perfect. And everyone on the dole can rally around that.

Not that this has anything to do with the 2012 elections....

I know some folks think the dole in this Country is teh debil and hate the fact that their tax dollars go to people who just want to sit around on their *** and maybe do drugs or make more babies so they can get more dole....

But seriously.....do you know a lot of folks that even if they got 2000 dollars a month from the dole.....do they live the delicious life style that you are accustomed too?

Because I've seen a bunch of them and I would work 3 jobs to keep from having to live like that.

I just think maybe we are getting a good deal having them in some of these projects. If they want out of it....they can get out. Nobody is holding them back anymore.

What I can't do is let the ones who really can't get out....starve.

IMO these places are pretty sad anymore

2121Sooner
4/2/2011, 05:31 PM
He picked Kansas ?!?!?!?

Jerk
4/2/2011, 06:04 PM
Not that this has anything to do with the 2012 elections....

I know some folks think the dole in this Country is teh debil and hate the fact that their tax dollars go to people who just want to sit around on their *** and maybe do drugs or make more babies so they can get more dole....

But seriously.....do you know a lot of folks that even if they got 2000 dollars a month from the dole.....do they live the delicious life style that you are accustomed too?

Because I've seen a bunch of them and I would work 3 jobs to keep from having to live like that.

I just think maybe we are getting a good deal having them in some of these projects. If they want out of it....they can get out. Nobody is holding them back anymore.

What I can't do is let the ones who really can't get out....starve.

IMO these places are pretty sad anymore

It sounds like charitable donations are the thing for you. Or maybe it would just be easier to have the gov't take the money out of someone else's pocket and justify it as compassion? Then the people who received the money could vote for the politicians who gave it to them...hey, we could have a full fledged racket going on here. Kind of like unions dues...

MR2-Sooner86
4/2/2011, 06:31 PM

http://www.clker.com/cliparts/1/1/9/2/12065738771352376078Arnoud999_Right_or_wrong_5.svg .med.png

If the GOP was smart, which they aren't, they'd truly get behind this guy.

http://paul2012.org/files/2010/09/i-support-ron-paul.gif

However, the religious-right section of the GOP hates him as do the "traditional" conservatives represented by Sean Hannity and Rush Limbaugh. If they don't go for him these guys MIGHT, I repeat MIGHT, be able to go toe to toe with Obama.

http://washingtonindependent.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/Pawlenty.jpg

http://www.jackandjillpolitics.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Herman_Cain.jpg

These other guys could do it but they're not ready. They need some time to develop. They'll make fine candidates but they're not there yet.

http://blogs.miaminewtimes.com/riptide/Marco%20Rubio.gif

http://washingtonindependent.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/Rand-Paul.jpg

Trump, Palin, Gingrich, Romney, McCain, Giuliani and their type, if allowed to keep control of the GOP, will ruin it.

4/2/2011, 06:41 PM
http://www.clker.com/cliparts/1/1/9/2/12065738771352376078Arnoud999_Right_or_wrong_5.svg .med.png

If the GOP was smart, which they aren't, they'd truly get behind this guy.

http://paul2012.org/files/2010/09/i-support-ron-paul.gif

However, the religious-right section of the GOP hates him as do the "traditional" conservatives represented by Sean Hannity and Rush Limbaugh. If they don't go for him these guys MIGHT, I repeat MIGHT, be able to go toe to toe with Obama.

http://washingtonindependent.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/Pawlenty.jpghttp://www.jackandjillpolitics.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Herman_Cain.jpg

These other guys could do it but they're not ready. They need some time to develop. They'll make fine candidates but they're not there yet.

http://blogs.miaminewtimes.com/riptide/Marco%20Rubio.gif

http://washingtonindependent.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/Rand-Paul.jpg

Trump, Palin, Gingrich, Romney, McCain, Giuliani and their type, if allowed to keep control of the GOP, will ruin it.FWIW, Palin's more like Rubio and Herman Cain than the other guys you mentioned.

2121Sooner
4/2/2011, 06:49 PM
Obama won't get elected again

The mass appeal of him as President is gone and you won't have the large turnout at the polls like you did in 2008.

MR2-Sooner86
4/2/2011, 06:58 PM
Obama won't get elected again

The mass appeal of him as President is gone and you won't have the large turnout at the polls like you did in 2008.

Never underestimate the white guilt in this country.

StoopTroup
4/2/2011, 07:08 PM
It sounds like charitable donations are the thing for you. Or maybe it would just be easier to have the gov't take the money out of someone else's pocket and justify it as compassion? Then the people who received the money could vote for the politicians who gave it to them...hey, we could have a full fledged racket going on here. Kind of like unions dues...

I don't like any of this anymore than you but years of it can't be turned around by putting Sarah Palin in charge or whoever you think is smart enough to get it done. I think it takes all of us giving and all of us paying taxes for probably another generation if we start now.

At least I believe in something that we all can try to do as aposed to one pissed off anti-social truck drivers view of stomping the weak's spines if they've been lured into a social mess over the last 50 years.

Look at what one Fred Phelps is training children around him to do. Stop that why don't you?

2121Sooner
4/2/2011, 07:17 PM
White guilt is a biyatch ain't it

But he won't get elected again. Funniest part of the whole "liberal" turnout was the gay marriages getting shot down off the ballot because of the black and Hispanic turnout to elect this numbnuts of a President

OU_Sooners75
4/2/2011, 07:26 PM
Don Nickles....LOL

Lets all back Don Nickles...I know he has not been seen from since retiring from the Senate...but...

Oh wait....What about Frank Keating?

OU_Sooners75
4/2/2011, 07:28 PM
Jeb Bush? He sounds like a good one!

Let's face it, the republicans really do not have anyone that is going to be better than Obama...and that is sad, because Obama is a crappy president!

This message was endorsed by OU_Sooners75 (D) Oklahoma.

4/2/2011, 09:11 PM
Let's face it, the republicans really do not have anyone that is going to be better than Obama....You're outa your mind! Obama is among the very worst, EVEN AMONG THE DEMOCRATS! He was elected because he's black, and because enough people were made to believe the economy collapsed because of Bush.

It actually seems to most folks now that Obama is deliberately sabotaging the country. HOW BAD MUST HE BE before you sour on him?

OU_Sooners75
4/2/2011, 09:19 PM
You're outa your mind! Obama is among the very worst, EVEN AMONG THE DEMOCRATS! He was elected because he's black, and because enough people were made to believe the economy collapsed because of Bush.

It actually seems to most folks now that Obama is deliberately sabotaging the country. HOW BAD MUST HE BE before you sour on him?

Apparently you are like any other mad cow sufferer that fails to quote the entire statement!!!

Here, let me help you:

Jeb Bush? He sounds like a good one!

Let's face it, the republicans really do not have anyone that is going to be better than Obama...and that is sad, because Obama is a crappy president!

This message was endorsed by OU_Sooners75 (D) Oklahoma.

Bold = the entire statement that you failed to quote.

Stop being like your mentors Fox News, Rush Limpball, and Sean inSannity by making up stuff.

4/2/2011, 09:21 PM
how old are you?...wait, no need to answer, now.

hawaii 5-0
4/2/2011, 09:24 PM
There's only one team tough enough to be Winners.

5-0

Trump/Sheen 2012

OU_Sooners75
4/2/2011, 09:26 PM
how old are you?...wait, no need to answer, now.

Same question for you.

Apparently saying that Obama is a crappy president is not being down on him.

You spew the same drivel everyday...try a different approach, because believe it or not, though I am a democrat, you and I see eye to eye about Obama.

Too bad the republican party cannot produce someone that is any better than Obama!

4/2/2011, 10:34 PM
5-0 is right. The fight is on. The ship has sailed.

Wisconsin 'Ground Zero' of Battle to Reshape America

The fate of the grass-roots push to limit government growth in America hinges on who wins several pitched battles that continue to escalate in Wisconsin, former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin and other leading conservatives are warning.

Those melees include recall clashes, high-stakes elections, union campaign scuffles and intense courtroom dramas that have escalated in the Badger State since Gov. Scott Walker set out to cut public-sector entitlements to salvage the state budget.

On Friday, Democrats submitted petitions with more than 20,000 signatures to initiate a recall election against state GOP Sen. Dan Kapanke. Republicans say it’s a blatant effort to punish Kapanke for supporting Walker’s efforts.

Organized labor has poured more than $3 million into Wisconsin to underwrite both the massive recall campaign and a key state Supreme Court election that will be decided April 5.

“Wisconsin is ground zero for the country,” Tea Party Express founder Sal Russo tells Newsmax. “This is the left’s last stand to turn back the tide of what conservatives have been trying to do in the country over the last two years. So we can’t fail there -- it’s ground zero.

“Liberals are trying to say, ‘Even if conservatives win the elections, as we did in a lot of states in 2010, we’ll be able to frustrate and stop them and make it so difficult for them that nobody else will run like that in other states.

“It will bring an end to this conservative tea party revolution that we’ve seen over the last two years,” Russo warns. “That’s their goal: Not just to win in Wisconsin, but to stamp out the tea party movement and fiscal conservatives all over the country. They want to set an example in Wisconsin so that we’ll stop trying in Ohio and Michigan and Pennsylvania and the other states.”

In light of those high stakes, Tea Party Express is airing television ads and a get-out-the-vote campaign on behalf of state Supreme Court Justice David T. Prosser Jr., who is up for re-election Tuesday.

Conservatives on the court, including Prosser, hold a 4-3 advantage over the court’s liberal justices. But if the unions succeed in getting environmental activist JoAnne Kloppenburg elected instead, Democrats will seize control of the court.

That could be critical, because the court is expected to rule on a wave of legal challenges coming from opponents of Walker’s controversial budget-repair bill.

What the skirmishes in Wisconsin ultimately may decide is whether reforms such as those the Republican governor has championed are politically viable or carry too high a price tag at the ballot box. A recent Rasmussen Reports survey shows that Walker’s popularity with voters has taken a significant hit since he rolled out his plan to balance Wisconsin’s budget. According to that March survey, 48 percent of Wisconsin voters now say they “strongly disapprove” of Walker’s performance.

One sign of the growing national importance of the donnybrook in Wisconsin: Palin weighed in on Thursday, posting an endorsement of Prosser on her Facebook page. “Wisconsin, please remember to vote for Justice Prosser on April 5,” she wrote.

Russo says of Palin: “She’s been a big help in crystallizing the issues for Americans. She’s done it consistently and did it again yesterday with her endorsement.”

Prosser also has the endorsement of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel newspaper. But Russo tells Newsmax that Republicans, who perhaps thought the battle against union entitlements had already been won in Wisconsin, are playing catch-up in the contest. More information on the fight over the fate of the state’s Supreme Court is available at TeaPartyExpress.org.

“These statewide elections are notorious for very low voter turnout,” Russo tells Newsmax. “So the motivated voters will make the decision. And right now we’ve been fearful that the motivated voters have been the left-wing unions and their supporters in the state. So that’s the biggest fear we have: That the people of Wisconsin are on our side, but the people who vote on Tuesday aren’t on our side.”

In response, Russo’s organization is handing out phone lists that conservative activists are using to contact Wisconsin conservatives and urge them not to be complacent, and to turn out and vote.

Tuesday’s campaign is just one front in the ongoing battles over collective-bargaining rights and public-worker entitlements in Wisconsin. Other elements include:

GOP State Sen. Van Wanggaard of Racine, Wis., has asked prosecutors to investigate a union campaign that threatened to boycott businesses who fail to actively oppose Walker’s initiatives. Letters circulated by AFSCME Council 24 to local businesses state: “Failure to do so will leave us no choice but [to] do a public boycott of your business. And sorry, neutral means ‘no’ to those who work for the largest employer in the area and are union members.” Jim Haney, outgoing head of the Wisconsin Manufacturers & Commerce organization, told the Journal Sentinel: “It’s kind of like the old protection racket.”

In addition to Kapanke, as many as 15 other senators could face recall elections in Wisconsin. It does not appear that there will be enough support to qualify for a recall challenge against the eight Democrats eligible for recall who fled the state in a bid to thwart Walker’s bid to limit the collective bargaining power of public-employee unions, Russo says. A recent poll by liberal The Daily Kos shows a generic Democrat leading Kapanke by 55 percent to 41 percent.

On Friday, Dane County Circuit Judge Maryann Sumi denied the state’s request to stop a hearing on whether a preliminary injunction should be granted to block Walker’s budget reform law. On Thursday, Sumi ruled that the law had not begun to take effect and therefore could be subject to an injunction.
The key question in the lawsuit against Walker’s reforms, which could be headed to the state’s Supreme Court for a final adjudication soon, is whether the sudden passage of the measure violated the state’s open-meetings statute.

Rob Marchant, Wisconsin’s chief clerk, testified Friday that it is a common practice in the state for meetings to occur with less than the normal 24-hour notice requirement. Wisconsin’s open-meetings law required advance notice of all public sessions. But legislative rules can prevail over those rules, when the meeting involves committees of the Legislature, sources say.

© Newsmax. All rights reserved.
Newsmax.com:

StoopTroup
4/2/2011, 10:53 PM
You're outa your mind! Obama is among the very worst, EVEN AMONG THE DEMOCRATS! He was elected because he's black, and because enough people were made to believe the economy collapsed because of Bush.

So what. You and the Pubes haven't done anything to help him. It's been a crucifixion of his every word, his every bow, his every decision to attend this instead of that, his Wife, his kids....it's worse than any POTUS I've ever seen. Even the Real Racists in America have been less vocal about his Presidency than you and others like you.

Thing is....if he's the absolute worse.....you'd think we would be in a depression and we would have lost our position in the World as a Super Power and another 9-11-01 would have happened.

I don't care for everything he's done....same as I did Ex-President GWB.....but no way he's the worst....

I figure that's coming though if the Pubes don't find someone who is better. What I see right now is a bunch of folks who can't believe they have lost the trust of the American People.

I think if the American People had a choice right now between Obama, The Pubes best Candidate and "NOBODY"....

Nobody might get elected.

hawaii 5-0
4/2/2011, 10:58 PM
Rush, your copy/paste summed it up pretty well.

You left out the part about Wisconsin's firefighters and policemen, tho exempt from Walker's Bogus Bill are standing with the unionists.

Gosh, I wonder where we would be without union negotiated issues such as work hours, vacation time, comp time, overtime, bennies, worker's compensati*on and safety on the job?

I'm sure the big companies would just give their workers all those things out of the kindness of their hearts.

Wisconsin voters were deceived, they're mad as hell and are going to throw the Kochsuckers out.

5-0

Trump/Sheen 2012

4/2/2011, 11:25 PM
Rush, your copy/paste summed it up pretty well.

You left out the part about Wisconsin's firefighters and policemen, tho exempt from Walker's Bogus Bill are standing with the unionists.

Gosh, I wonder where we would be without union negotiated issues such as work hours, vacation time, comp time, overtime, bennies, worker's compensati*on and safety on the job?

I'm sure the big companies would just give their workers all those things out of the kindness of their hearts.

Wisconsin voters were deceived, they're mad as hell and are going to throw the Kochsuckers out.

5-0

Trump/Sheen 2012I can't wait for the individual states to print their own money. It will be lotsa funz for all.

picasso
4/2/2011, 11:33 PM
Good lord please let go of Ron Paul for POTUS.

4/2/2011, 11:35 PM
Good lord please let go of Ron Paul for POTUS.The Left eats it up. Note that they don't attack him at all. They're too busy going after the "stupid" ones, like Palin, Romney and Gingrich.

Curly Bill
4/2/2011, 11:59 PM

...or the number of stupid people. ;)

MR2-Sooner86
4/3/2011, 12:08 AM
Good lord please let go of Ron Paul for POTUS.

Make me.

Better yet, name me a better GOP candidate.

Mitt Ronmey?
Newt Gingrich?
Mike Huckabee?
Rudy Giuliani?
Sarah Palin?
Donald Trump?

Yeah, you can't. He's the best candidate the GOP has to offer. If not, tell me why.

"He's a truther!"

The only people who use this argument are the ones who eat a bowl of ****-dumb for breakfast everyday. He denied supporting them. The only reason "truthers" latched onto him is he said he'd like another investigation and also his stance on Iraq.

"He'll take us back to the stone age!"

Yes because America just couldn't function before the Departments of Energy, Homeland Security, and Education were created.

"We'll go bankrupt with his tax policy!"

He supports the Fair Tax and eliminating the current tax system which we'd be much better off.

Is he perfect? No. However, if one of the other candidates is better than him, tell me which one and why. I'd love to hear.

I know, since I support Ron Paul many people automatically think I'm a libertarian anarchist who will destroy the federal government. You're free to think that but I'm not.

However, I'd rather be an anarchist supporting Ron Paul to dismantle the federal government than a marxist supporting Obama to grow it.

What I find sad is he's one of the sane politicians in Washington yet HE'S the "crazy" one?

StoopTroup
4/3/2011, 12:42 AM
Make me.

Better yet, name me a better GOP candidate.

Mitt Ronmey?
Newt Gingrich?
Mike Huckabee?
Rudy Giuliani?
Sarah Palin?
Donald Trump?

Yeah, you can't. He's the best candidate the GOP has to offer. If not, tell me why.

He doesn't look Presidential

I know that seems hard to swallow....but it's true.

John Boehner looks more Presidential but he also looks like he's a poster boy for coppertone.

Looks have a big part of it. People don't believe in a candidates message. They want to see what they look like standing next to each other. They voted Obama in because McCain looked like a washed out old dude with no vision of the future.

Paul may have a message for a future...but he doesn't have the look of believability. I know you might not like to believe this....but Americans are pretty vain.....

OU_Sooners75
4/3/2011, 01:44 AM
I love how when presented with facts or at least something where Rush cannot spin, he grabs his ball and goes home.

The guy tries to call me out on something as saying I am not down on Obama...when in fact, all he does is skims a post, reads what he wants and tries to use it.

Rush...could you please answer this for me: When are you going to start thinking for yourself and stop your copy/paste posts? When are you going to stop listening to the fascists of this nation and start thinking of what you can do to make it better?

pphilfran
4/3/2011, 06:20 AM
So what. You and the Pubes haven't done anything to help him. It's been a crucifixion of his every word, his every bow, his every decision to attend this instead of that, his Wife, his kids....it's worse than any POTUS I've ever seen. Even the Real Racists in America have been less vocal about his Presidency than you and others like you.

Thing is....if he's the absolute worse.....you'd think we would be in a depression and we would have lost our position in the World as a Super Power and another 9-11-01 would have happened.

I don't care for everything he's done....same as I did Ex-President GWB.....but no way he's the worst....

I figure that's coming though if the Pubes don't find someone who is better. What I see right now is a bunch of folks who can't believe they have lost the trust of the American People.

I think if the American People had a choice right now between Obama, The Pubes best Candidate and "NOBODY"....

Nobody might get elected.

Sure, the pubs are stomping all over Obama's dick but Obama is the one that flopped it out there to be mashed...

He made a bunch of stupid azz campaign promises (standard political rhetoric), and most have gone nowhere..

The next prez, as in most elections, will be elected based on the economy...if things continue to improve he will get another 4 years...economy stays in the crapper and we will have another politician that is full of new and improved political rhetoric taking his place....

MR2-Sooner86
4/3/2011, 07:18 AM
He doesn't look Presidential

I know that seems hard to swallow....but it's true.

John Boehner looks more Presidential but he also looks like he's a poster boy for coppertone.

Looks have a big part of it. People don't believe in a candidates message. They want to see what they look like standing next to each other. They voted Obama in because McCain looked like a washed out old dude with no vision of the future.

Paul may have a message for a future...but he doesn't have the look of believability. I know you might not like to believe this....but Americans are pretty vain.....

Which is bull****.

Yes, I agree a the President should have certain traits including but not limited to: public speaking, good composure, quick on their feet, and knowing when to be humble at times.

As a political-science friend of mine put it: "Americans were faced with two options in McCain and Obama. McCain was the old guy with experience. He wasn't perfect, youthful, or much in looks but you knew what you were getting. Obama was the cute blonde bimbo who was nice to look at and you hired her thinking you could get a blow job in the break room. Well, the blow job is over."

picasso
4/3/2011, 08:18 AM
Too bad the republican party cannot produce someone that is any better than Obama!

Better than what exactly? That's silly when you're talking ideology and outcome.

StoopTroup
4/3/2011, 11:27 AM
Which is bull****.

Yes, I agree a the President should have certain traits including but not limited to: public speaking, good composure, quick on their feet, and knowing when to be humble at times.

As a political-science friend of mine put it: "Americans were faced with two options in McCain and Obama. McCain was the old guy with experience. He wasn't perfect, youthful, or much in looks but you knew what you were getting. Obama was the cute blonde bimbo who was nice to look at and you hired her thinking you could get a blow job in the break room. Well, the blow job is over."

It might be bull**** but look what's happened every time we've elected a President. Even FDR had enough sense to cover up the fact he was crippled.

John Edwards was to pretty....and later we found out he couldn't handle it either....

AlboSooner
4/3/2011, 11:43 AM
A great leader would find a way to get his party's nomination at least once. People can be passionate all they want, they can curse all they trying to convice us, but the fact rises above coarse language and sheer passion: Paul can't even win his party, how can he win the presidency?

A great leader, finds a way to win, that's a trait of the leader. But I do admire Ron Paul and how classy he is.

4/3/2011, 11:51 AM
A great leader would find a way to get his party's nomination at least once. People can be passionate all they want, they can curse all they trying to convice us, but the fact rises above coarse language and sheer passion: Paul can't even win his party, how can he win the presidency?

A great leader, finds a way to win, that's a trait of the leader. But I do admire Ron Paul and how classy he is.Agreed. Duncan Hunter was my fave in '08, but, no pizazz. Ron Paul's pretty much the same way. He just doesn't have enough pizazz.

Sooner5030
4/3/2011, 12:55 PM
I'll 'write-in' anyone that will get up and tell the mob that providing $1 in services when you're collecting $.6 in revenue is not a sustainable way to govern.

bipartisanship has resulted in progressive programs with conservative tax rates.

salth2o
4/3/2011, 02:11 PM
Nice!

JohnnyMack
4/3/2011, 02:47 PM

I really hate chicken**** replies like these. The insinuation being that the only reason that middle American, white moderates like myself voted for Obama was because I felt some sort of guilt. I voted for him because I thought he'd be less W and more Clinton. I was admittedly wrong about that.

The 2008 election and its fallout should be proof positive to anyone that has been paying attention that this country isn't run by R's or D's. The powers that be don't care if you're a "conservative" or a "liberal", they just want you to focus on wedge issues and to keep searching for BHO's birth certificate while Wall Street and the Military-Industrial Complex keep on doing their thing.

MR2-Sooner86
4/3/2011, 02:54 PM
It might be bull****

I'd say it is than it "might" be. I'll go with what you said in another thread.

Snookie got paid $32,000 to talk at a College in new jersey last week.

That's the type of people we have voting.

25.5% of respondents know that Philadelphia is the city where the Constitution was written compared to 75.2% who know what city the zip code 90210 is attributed to.
21.2% of respondents know how many senators served in the U.S. Senate compared to 81.2% who know how many members there are in the music group "Hanson."
35.5% of respondents know the first three words of the Constitution compared to 71.2% who know that www is the first three letters of most Web site addresses.
1.8% of respondents know that James Madison is considered the father of the U.S. Constitution compared to 58.3% who know that Bill Gates is the father of Microsoft.
25% of respondents know that the Fifth Amendment protects against double jeopardy/self incrimination/right to a grand jury/due process/compensation for private property taken for public use compared to 63.7% who know that "The Club" protects against car theft.
41.2% of respondents know the names of the three branches of government compared to 59.2% who know the names of the three stooges. (https://www.baker.edu/student/const/survey.cfm)

but look what's happened every time we've elected a President. Even FDR had enough sense to cover up the fact he was crippled.

John Edwards was to pretty....and later we found out he couldn't handle it either....

True. John F. Kennedy, the most overrated president ever, won because he was young, good looking, and presented himself very well, like Obama. However it also helped that he wasn't that much different from Nixon.

However, the United States President isn't class president in high school which is just a populairty contest. Did Kennedy's looks help him when it came to policy? Would the Bay of Pigs been a success had he been ugly? If he was older instead of younger would Vietnam had turned out differently? (Yes, people's opinions change over time but lets pretend he'd be the exact same person 20 years later when it came to his views)

I mean would FDR have thought twice about social secuirty if he could've walked? No.

Passionate? I can be. Coarse language? Hardly.

Anyway, so because he didn't get it the first time he should give up and quit because he isn't a good leader? I guess the same can be said for all the other Republicans who didn't get it in '08 and are coming back, right?

He didn't get the nomination because of three reasons.
1. He wants to get out of Iraq and Afghanistan. He was the only Republican with this view.
2. He is for gays getting married, marijuana legalization, and prostitution. The religious-right part of the Republican party is all about legislating morals.
3. He is for taking out the IRS, the Fed, and going back to the gold standard. I think that's what brought many of the Alex Jones types.

About 40% will vote Dem and 40% will vote Repub in each election regardless of candidate. The 20% that is left over decides the fate of our country.

Which is why partisan politics is ripping this country apart. I mean I know several Yellow Dog Democrats and my father is the same except he's on the Republican side.

This can be seen allot in the news and such. The best example is Rush Limbaugh. Does he make good points? Sure, but he goes way, way, way out there sometimes if he can link it as a way to blame a Democrat.

I remember once he was talking about the iPhone 4 and it's issues around launch and a Democrat said something and he was claiming they hated capitalism because of that.

Of that 20%, only a small percentage has the emotional and intellectual maturity to rationally make a decision. That is just the statistical make up of our society or any society for that matter.

The majority of that 20% will make decisions based on feeling, but not logical reasoning. They won't be concerned with facts, but will be swayed with rhetoric or emotion.

See the above survey and Snookie at our colleges now.

Obama was the nice and shiny politician that promised "hope and Change" and it was an emotional euphoria for many of the dumb masses. They didn't know or even ask what the change was.

Obama was voted in for two reasons.

1. It was a chance to spit in W's and the Republican's face.
2. White guilt and to show the world that evil America, home of slavery, had finally done the right thing.

The fact he was young, decent looking, and charismatic was the cherry on top to put it all together. After that we had "JFK 2.0" "Black Jesus" and "Barrack the Magic Negro" coming out left and right.

4/3/2011, 02:56 PM
About 40% will vote Dem and 40% will vote Repub in each election regardless of candidate. The 20% that is left over decides the fate of our country.

Of that 20%, only a small percentage has the emotional and intellectual maturity to rationally make a decision. That is just the statistical make up of our society or any society for that matter.

The majority of that 20% will make decisions based on feeling, but not logical reasoning. They won't be concerned with facts, but will be swayed with rhetoric or emotion.

Obama was the nice and shiny politician that promised "hope and Change" and it was an emotional euphoria for many of the dumb masses. They didn't know or even ask what the change was.

Now they know and are pissed off. They will vote based on the "pissed off" emotion in the next election.Well said, and we can only hope and pray, for your prediction in the '12 erection.

OU_Sooners75
4/3/2011, 03:03 PM
Better than what exactly? That's silly when you're talking ideology and outcome.

Tell me who the Republicans are going to put out there that is better than Obama?

IMHO, all politicians are the same, no matter what party they belong to. They all promise a bunch of crap they cannot accomplish.

Our country would better served if the politicians would listen to the needs of the people and forget about the party lines and Ideas.

Platforms are good, it gives you a good base to start...but when you cannot even have an opinion for yourself because the talking heads of the party says not to, then you are just a drone and nothing more!

OU_Sooners75
4/3/2011, 03:05 PM
Well said, and we can only hope and pray, for your prediction in the '12 erection.

Hehe...he said erection. :gary:

AlboSooner
4/3/2011, 03:06 PM
I find it odd that Paul would be part of a party that stands against many things Paul stands for. I think Paul and Jesse Ventura should start a third party, in their quest to prove their constitutional piety.

Paul's ideas are idealistically admirable, but realistically unattainable. Just because the US might not intervene in other countries under a Paul presidency, it doesn't mean other countries won't intervene and hurt us in the process.

Paul's ideology depends on the premise that people will treat you as you treat them, when in reality people will try to outsource you, out-military you, and push their agenda down your throat. History shows/proves this.

MR2-Sooner86
4/3/2011, 03:17 PM
I really hate chicken**** replies like these. The insinuation being that the only reason that middle American, white moderates like myself voted for Obama was because I felt some sort of guilt.

Hate on it all you like but it doesn't make it any less true. Maybe not guilt but to show everybody how "progressive" we've become.

Really, it's the only way he could've gotten into office. Attending racist chruches? Starting your political career in a marxist's home? Belittling gun owners (voting record to back it up too)?

A Honkie couldn't have gotten away with that.

It still happens even today. Old white guy W. going into Iraq? That's bad! A young hip black Obama? YEAH! Lets go save them Libya rebels!

I voted for him because I thought he'd be less W and more Clinton. I was admittedly wrong about that.

As I stated above, to spit in W's face over Iraq and all of his policies. The fact a black guy was to do the spitting made it that much easier.

The 2008 election and its fallout should be proof positive to anyone that has been paying attention that this country isn't run by R's or D's. The powers that be don't care if you're a "conservative" or a "liberal", they just want you to focus on wedge issues and to keep searching for BHO's birth certificate while Wall Street and the Military-Industrial Complex keep on doing their thing.

Powers that be? When I hear that I usually hear "zionist, big banks, masons" not too far behind.

Now if you are to say they're all in bed together, that I agree on.

OU_Sooners75
4/3/2011, 03:28 PM
Hate on it all you like but it doesn't make it any less true. Maybe not guilt but to show everybody how "progressive" we've become.

Really, it's the only way he could've gotten into office. Attending racist chruches? Starting your political career in a marxist's home? Belittling gun owners (voting record to back it up too)?

It still happens even today. Old white guy W. going into Iraq? That's bad! A young hip black Obama? YEAH! Lets go save them Libya rebels!

As I stated above, to spit in W's face over Iraq and all of his policies. The fact a black guy was to do the spitting made it that much easier.

Powers that be? When I hear that I usually hear "zionist, big banks, masons" not too far behind.

Now if you are to say they're all in bed together, that I agree on.

What about the masons? They apparently have broad shoulders because they have been the cause of so many bad things throughout history! :rolleyes:

:D:D:D:D

JohnnyMack
4/3/2011, 03:43 PM

Your Al Sharpton-esque race baiting, notwithstanding, I'll tell you that your argument holds no water with me or my political viewpoints. I've been opposed to our incursion into Iraq since day one, so any and I mean any POTUS who would work at reversing course and getting us the hell out of there would be better than W. I found McCain/Palin too hawkish, I didn't think an endgame was to be found in their ME policy. Sadly, Obama hasn't shown to be much different than W, I can freely admit to being disappointed in many of Obama's choices (including his half-assed foray into Libya). Again, that has nothing to do with race, rather it has to do with having 2 choices of which to choose from in the state of Oklahoma in November of 2008. If Cap'N Crunch had run against the R ticket in 2008 I would have likely cast my vote for him, as I detest our ME foreign policy. Your argument is overly simplistic and quite frankly, beneath you. It's the kind of dichotomous crap Tuba spews around here.

Whet
4/3/2011, 03:51 PM
I suppose we need to be reminded of how he got elected:
mm1KOBMg1Y8

StoopTroup
4/3/2011, 03:54 PM
This Country needs another Texan in the White House as bad as one from Arkansas.

Whet
4/3/2011, 03:55 PM
a little survey:
r9htwW21K8s

Whet
4/3/2011, 03:57 PM
a classic:

atEIcesGILk

OU_Sooners75
4/3/2011, 04:30 PM
Whet...that is why they need to have something like a wonderlic test for voters...you got to get a certain score before you are eligible to vote!