PDA

View Full Version : If it is true,what do you think?

stoopified
4/1/2011, 03:11 PM
I think it is about as good a hire as OU could expect. Kruger has a lot of experience with a solid record of sucess,my only reservation is his age and nomadic coaching history. At age 58 you would think that he might be ready to reire at OU,assuming he wins of course. The flip side of that is how long until he would retire? I'm thinking that around ten years is about all you could expect. I know I will be more excited if Kruger has a top assistant that could take over after he steps down. I also hope he has a couple of guys he is recruiting for the spring that he can get to come here.

I have no idea if it will work out but I am hopeful.

Taxman71
4/1/2011, 03:16 PM
I'm not saying Kruger is as good of a coach Eddie Sutton (on the court, that is), but Sutton was in his mid-50's when he took the job at osu after several stops along the way. He basically built that whole program from scratch and would still be coaching 20 years later if not for his problems. I am just saying, it's been done before with elder statesmen and I doubt Joe C. wants to watch another young coach learn on the job in Norman.

C&CDean
4/1/2011, 03:58 PM
One Freddy Kruger thread is enough right now - especially when we don't have a clue if he's even coming here. Sheez people.