PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else making plans to go to Tallahasse for Florida State?

brigadeer
4/1/2011, 12:45 PM
I just got done renewing my season tickets online and requested two Florida State tickets. Not sure if I will get them or not, but I am super excited to take this road trip.

I've been a season ticket holder for over ten years now and have never been to a road game of consequence in that time. I'm curious, how many others are planning on taking the trip down to Tallahasse for the game next year?

Since I've never done this before, I'm curious about travel plans such as what hotels might be best to look at booking, what pre-game activities might be going on, etc.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

EDIT- Also, is anyone aware of any Florida State forums similar to this one out there? Not wanting to go over there and start any trouble, just would like to ask the locals where the best place to stay might be, etc.

OU Engineer
4/1/2011, 01:24 PM
there are a couple FSU fans who I know posted on here last season so they will be around soon Im sure. Pretty class act guys IMO.

I will be driving down from ATL and meeting up with some buddies from the University days... but I too have never been to Tallahassee and therefore have no idea where to stay.

Your best bet will be to ask teh FSU fans on here what to do/where to stay IMO.

yukonsooner
4/1/2011, 01:31 PM
We got great airfare into Tampa. We got a hotel about an hours drive from Tallahasse and will be driving into Tallahassee early Saturday morning. We coulndn't find a reasonably priced hotel in Tallahassee.

colinreturn
4/1/2011, 01:43 PM
I've got myself and around 6 other students that want to make the drive. No idea how we will pull it off.

jumperstop
4/1/2011, 02:54 PM
I want to go, but may just have to save the money. Heard they have a nice stadium, although it's not as much a college town as Norman from what I've heard.

swardboy
4/1/2011, 03:39 PM
I would heartily recommend Allegiant Airlines if you can boogie to NWA or Springfield, MO airports. Flies into Orlando reeaaaall cheap.

salth2o
4/1/2011, 03:40 PM
Hail to tha NO. I know Miami is a different world, but my experiences there has forever changed my outlook on most of Florida. They can suck it.

Soonerjeepman
4/1/2011, 03:51 PM
not sure...my cousin wants to go...he was a manager in the 90's...the problem is every time (the big ones anyway) WE go, OU loses...

not sure I want that on my conscious!

OU69BeaufortCounty
4/2/2011, 09:17 AM
I live about 5 hours away in Hilton Head, SC. Will be driving down and spending two nights (assume it will be a night game, they always are at that time of the year at FSU). Got hotel reservations months ago. They all appear to be full now. Here is something worth looking at....a bus shuttle service from several outlying malls.....easy way to beat the parking issues around the stadium. This site hasn't been refreshed from last year, but I expect it will be running again this year.

http://ridethespirit.com/malls/map/

IronHorseSooner
4/2/2011, 09:30 AM
Allegiant flies down here to FLA to both ORL and TAM/ST Pete. They actually fly into Sanford (next to ORL) and St Pete/Clearwater (next to TAM). Tampa is a better shot up to Tallahassee, as you can go straight up 75 to I-10. Jax is the closest, but is more expensive to fly into. Just remember, when you drive up 75, make sure to hold your nose as you go through Gainesville!

In short, FSU fans are the best in the state, BY FAR! scUM fans definitely fit their stereotype (if you can find a TRUE scUM fan), and FLA fans are a cross between UTerus (due to their arrogance), and Silo Tech. FSU fans tend to be knowedgable and amiable, much like 'Bama fans. I actually pull for them when they aren't playing us.

Atlsooner
4/2/2011, 09:44 AM
I live here in Atlanta, and my neighbor is a FSU alum. He's got parking passes and tickets for us. We'll leave here Friday evening, about a 4-5 hr drive, and set up a tailgate Saturday morning. He swears it will be a night game, prime time. Ought to be fun and Boomer Sooner !!!

colleyvillesooner
4/2/2011, 09:46 AM
Here's a couple of other threads talking about whos going, where to stay, how to fly etc.

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3162668#post3162668

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3140097

SouthCarolinaSooner
4/2/2011, 11:46 AM
Will be trying to go as hard as I can, this is as close as the Sooners have played to me in 12 years

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
4/2/2011, 12:17 PM
Allegiant flies down here to FLA to both ORL and TAM/ST Pete. They actually fly into Sanford (next to ORL) and St Pete/Clearwater (next to TAM). Tampa is a better shot up to Tallahassee, as you can go straight up 75 to I-10. Jax is the closest, but is more expensive to fly into. Just remember, when you drive up 75, make sure to hold your nose as you go through Gainesville!

In short, FSU fans are the best in the state, BY FAR! scUM fans definitely fit their stereotype (if you can find a TRUE scUM fan), and FLA fans are a cross between UTerus (due to their arrogance), and Silo Tech. FSU fans tend to be knowedgable and amiable, much like 'Bama fans. I actually pull for them when they aren't playing us.FU is the ag school in FL. No wonder they have unacceptable attitudes.

yermom
4/2/2011, 12:46 PM
i have to say, the Florida fans were worse than the Miami fans...

i wasn't around too many FSU fans when there were here. the Miami fans were obnoxious in the stands when i was there in 2009, but mostly in a decent fan way. the UF fans were pretty dooshey before during and after the game in Miami.

Soonerfan88
4/2/2011, 02:13 PM
Saw this posted elsewhere the other day

http://www.soonersportstravel.com/football/oklahoma-at-fsu.php/?PromotionCode=ZPST335

StoopTroup
4/2/2011, 05:38 PM
I think Noleman came to the Tailgate last year.

bringit
4/2/2011, 09:42 PM
Panama City Beach is only like an hour from Tally.

Blue
4/2/2011, 11:52 PM
I'll be there. I've got a FSU alum customer that wants to tailgate.

GrandStrandSooner
4/3/2011, 08:05 AM
Looks like the wife and I will be there.

Sooner74
4/3/2011, 09:18 AM
Gonna be there. FSU is way above Miami and UF, in classiness. It will be a night game most likely, and the outside of the stadium will blow you away. Very good stadium.

Okie35
4/3/2011, 11:23 AM
Gonna be there. FSU is way above Miami and UF, in classiness. It will be a night game most likely, and the outside of the stadium will blow you away. Very good stadium.

Way above? I don't know about all that but I agree for the most part. FSU and their fans are almost civil.

OUHOMER
4/3/2011, 04:01 PM
I thought about when i renewed my tickets and decided to stay home. I am a poor working man. I figured the cost did not justify the means.

If i drive its about $500 to $600 just in gas, Hotel $125 a night x 2, food, beer, easy grand....or better. I can throw on hell of a watch party for less.

yukonsooner
4/3/2011, 04:20 PM
Bentley-Hedges travel was offering a trip. I have no idea how pricey it is, but it was for airfare, hotel, and all tranfers

Sooner in Tampa
4/5/2011, 06:26 AM
I am crossing my fingers that I can find the 3 tix I need