PDA

View Full Version : My niece Hayden needs all the prayer she can get

MamaMia
4/1/2011, 12:40 AM
Shes only 4. She had her tonsils taken out here in Woodward a week ago. She is septic. They just medevaced her from Woodward Hospital to St. Anthony in Oklahoma City a couple of hours ago. They rushed her into surgery. They just called to tell us that they got the bleeders stopped, whatever that means. I don't know. Just pray.

Blue
4/1/2011, 12:41 AM
Done.

MamaMia
4/1/2011, 12:43 AM
Done.Thank you.

AlboSooner
4/1/2011, 12:49 AM
done.

yermom
4/1/2011, 12:59 AM
bleeders sounds like there was more than just sepsis, like she was having a problem clotting or something

this is probably more of an urgent situation than sepsis, so it's good that they have that under control...

hope you get more good news soon.

ouduckhunter
4/1/2011, 01:00 AM
She's in my prayers.

MamaMia
4/1/2011, 01:04 AM
bleeders sounds like there was more than just sepsis, like she was having a problem clotting or something

this is probably more of an urgent situation than sepsis, so it's good that they have that under control...

hope you get more good news soon.The doctor said that he thinks they caught it early but they will be running tests on her kidneys. I would imagine she will be put in the ICU after she gets out of recovery.

StoopTroup
4/1/2011, 01:07 AM
So sorry to hear that Mama.

I will say a prayer for her and the healing hands surrounding her as she fights through this illness.

Prayers for you and the Family as well....

MamaMia
4/1/2011, 01:09 AM
So sorry to hear that Mama.

I will say a prayer for her and the healing hands surrounding her as she fights through this illness.

Prayers for you and the Family as well....

Stoop, I just looked sepsis up on the computer. Now I'm really scared. :(

MamaMia
4/1/2011, 01:11 AM
Shes strong. She believes in Jesus and the angels. She'll be okay. Right?

This is what I found. We need to pray hard for her.

Septic survival
October 18, 2007

While survival rates for sepsis have increased over the past two decades, children under four and those in adolescence remain highly susceptible to the condition. Researchers in The Netherlands have now demonstrated that age and to a lesser extent, gender, are critical factors in whether or not a child sufferer will develop a more severe disease state and survive or not. These findings could help to improve the treatment of sepsis and improve survival rates further still.

Writing in the online open access journal Critical Care, Jan Hazelzet and colleagues at the Erasmus MC-Sophia Paediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) in Rotterdam describe their study of almost 300 children admitted with sepsis and purpura (red patches caused by bleeding under the skin) between 1988 and 2006. The researchers recorded the age, gender, ethnic origin, severity of condition, therapy, and survival of the patients. They then pooled the data and analyzed the outcomes retrospectively.

The results showed that the fatality rate from sepsis and purpura was 15.7%. However, during the study period, they observed a marked improvement in the numbers of children surviving sepsis. Nevertheless, they found that younger children were affected more severely and fatality rate was higher (4.3 times) for those under the age of three years. They found no difference in fatality rates between boys and girls, but boys were admitted to the PICU for longer periods and had more severe symptoms. The team found that the course of sepsis and purpura was not related to a child's ethnic origin.

In almost all cases, the infection that led to sepsis was Neisseria meningitidis, the bacterium commonly known as meningococcus. The team also reports how the drugs used to treat sepsis changed during the course of the study. There has been a marked reduction in the use of dopamine and a concomitant increase in the use of dobutamine, norepinephrine and corticosteroids to treat sepsis. "The finding of the important influence of young age and to a lesser extent gender can lead to a better understanding of the disease, which in turn can lead to better therapy", says Jan Hazelzet.

Sepsis is a serious medical condition triggered by infection, which leads to body-wide inflammation, fever, increased pulse and breathing, and potentially organ failure and death. Each year, more than 750,000 people in the USA will develop severe sepsis, and more than 215,000 will die from the condition. In the UK, sepsis kills around 30,000 people annually.

BioMed Central

Blue
4/1/2011, 01:18 AM
Father who art in heaven, we come together to pray for Hayden. Lord we ask for healing for Hayden. We ask for strenth and courage for her and her family. Lord you said where two or more are gathered together in your name Jesus and ask it shall be done. We are claiming that, Lord. We expect a full recovery for hayden. we thank you and praise you for fulfilling your promise. In Jesus name, Amen.

olevetonahill
4/1/2011, 01:23 AM
Just saw this Mom , Ya know Im in
Keep us posted

MamaMia
4/1/2011, 01:29 AM
Just saw this Mom , Ya know Im in
Keep us posted

Okay. I will. Thank you.

Thank you for the lovely prayer Blue.

StoopTroup
4/1/2011, 01:44 AM
Stoop, I just looked sepsis up on the computer. Now I'm really scared. :(

Stay Calm....I know it's especially tough when the little folks get sick but it sounds like she's in good hands......

Prayers for all who have a little child who is suffering tonight....

MamaMia
4/1/2011, 01:50 AM
Stay Calm....I know it's especially tough when the little folks get sick but it sounds like she's in good hands......

Prayers for all who have a little child who is suffering tonight.... Okay. I'll try to. I'm just waiting by the phone now.

yankee
4/1/2011, 01:58 AM
Okay. I'll try to. I'm just waiting by the phone now.

Phil 4:6-7

:)

MamaMia
4/1/2011, 02:14 AM
Phil 4:6-7

:)

6) Never worry about anything; but tell God all your desires of every kind in prayer and petition shot through with gratitude,

7) and the peace of God which is beyond our understanding will guard your hearts and your thoughts in Christ Jesus.

I looked it up in my bible. Thank you. :)

OUHOMER
4/1/2011, 05:07 AM
in for sure

AlbqSooner
4/1/2011, 05:42 AM
Prayers your way. The healing power of prayer is beyond our understanding, but is manifest daily.

Turd_Ferguson
4/1/2011, 05:45 AM
Prayers sent.

swardboy
4/1/2011, 05:52 AM
With you all in prayer.

stoops the eternal pimp
4/1/2011, 08:13 AM
in

texaspokieokie
4/1/2011, 08:23 AM
Definitely in my thoughts & prayers !!!!

oudanny
4/1/2011, 08:24 AM
Amen.

Boomer.....
4/1/2011, 08:24 AM
Prayers sent!

The Profit
4/1/2011, 08:31 AM
Mama, she is in our prayers for a speedy and complete recovery.

SanJoaquinSooner
4/1/2011, 08:36 AM
I hope for a full recovery.

XFollower
4/1/2011, 08:36 AM
Most of the time on here it seems that this board is a bunch of clowns looking to attack. The truth is, when someone is in need, the goodness of you all shows up. I'm encouraged and glad to be a part.

3rdgensooner
4/1/2011, 08:47 AM
Bless her heart and the heads and hands of those tending to her.

My Opinion Matters
4/1/2011, 09:07 AM
It's no secret I mostly post on this site to troll noobs and relics alike; but in real life I'm the father of two little girls, and reading things like this are heartbreaking and terrifying for me. Prayers sent for your neice.

saucysoonergal
4/1/2011, 09:09 AM
IN

tcrb
4/1/2011, 09:22 AM
She's in my prayers.

MamaMia
4/1/2011, 11:49 AM
She just had a popcicle. Thanks for praying.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
4/1/2011, 12:13 PM
Prayers for Hayden, for sure. Done, and will do more.

OULenexaman
4/1/2011, 12:21 PM
all in...

MamaMia
4/1/2011, 12:38 PM
Most of the time on here it seems that this board is a bunch of clowns looking to attack. The truth is, when someone is in need, the goodness of you all shows up. I'm encouraged and glad to be a part.We don't hold grudges. There isn't anyone that I wouldn't light a candle and say a prayer for if asked. We come together when we need to. Being Sooners and Christians together trumps being Dems and Libs. :)

yankee
4/1/2011, 04:36 PM
She just had a popcicle. Thanks for praying.

Glad she's doing better. :)

NormanPride
4/1/2011, 05:24 PM
Confidence is key. The more she sees the people around her knowing in her heart that she will be fine, the more she will believe it herself. Prayers sent as well!

soonercruiser
4/1/2011, 10:40 PM
Plus one here!

MamaMia
4/1/2011, 11:38 PM
Plus one here!I tried to give you thank you speks but it looks like I have exceeded my limit. :(

She was able to eat some soup and jello, and another Popsicle.

olevetonahill
4/2/2011, 01:20 AM
I tried to give you thank you speks but it looks like I have exceeded my limit. :(

Never underestimate the Power of SF prayers;)

OUthunder
4/2/2011, 08:23 AM
in

StoopTroup
4/2/2011, 01:07 PM
I tried to give you thank you speks but it looks like I have exceeded my limit. :(

Glad to hear she's fighting. Eating sounds positive. Hopefully the Docs will get her through this ASAP.

Still Praying for her Mama.

Chuck Bao
4/2/2011, 03:47 PM
Prayers sent. Mama, please continue to update us.

OU-HSV
4/3/2011, 08:15 AM
Just saw this. Hope she's doing better and going to pull through just fine. Sounds like she's eating some which must be progress.

texaspokieokie
4/3/2011, 08:39 AM
Mama;

What's the latest ??

MamaMia
4/3/2011, 09:33 PM
Mama;

What's the latest ??

We drove to the city yesterday afternoon to see Hayden. We took some balloons to her along with a Get Well stuffed Doggy that visitors can sign. We got a smile out of her for that. We stayed for quite a while. She slept most of the time with her little hand on her throat, but when she woke up in the middle of the night she told her Mother... "When I was sleeping, my owie went all away."

This morning the ENT physician caring for her was in disbelief at the quick recovery but when all the tests came back normal he went ahead and released her from the hospital. :eek:

The doctor wants to keep her close by and see her again this week, just to make sure, so they're going to stay there in the city with another family member through the week. Usually recovery from sepsis takes weeks, so this is amazing. Right now shes a little weak, a tiny bit sore and she has a little bit of an appetite loss, but other than that, she seems fine.

We just got proof that prayer works. Thanks. :)

ouwasp
4/3/2011, 11:02 PM
Praise God....

oudavid1
4/4/2011, 01:37 AM
Praise God....

StoopTroup
4/4/2011, 01:43 AM
Amen.

That's Awesome Mama.....

AlbqSooner
4/4/2011, 06:14 AM
Because we do not understand the power of prayer is no reason to underestimate it.

Great news mama!

Turd_Ferguson
4/4/2011, 06:51 AM
Glad to hear!!!

texaspokieokie
4/4/2011, 07:30 AM
GREAT !!!!!!!

Oldnslo
4/4/2011, 05:07 PM
wonderful news, Mama!

olevetonahill
4/4/2011, 05:26 PM
Because we do not understand the power of prayer is no reason to underestimate it.

Great news mama!

This^

Give her a Hug for all of us ,

SunnySooner
4/4/2011, 05:48 PM
I'm glad I didn't see this until I got to read the wonderful ending. I'll send a few prayers up for her and all of you, her family. I'm sure her poor Mom and Dad are now totally gray-headed, but that's what Clairol is for, right? So happy she's doing well, kids are amazing, and so is God. :)

Preservation Parcels
4/5/2011, 04:36 PM
Many thanks to the Great Physician, and prayers to follow.

OU-HSV
4/10/2011, 07:15 AM
We drove to the city yesterday afternoon to see Hayden. We took some balloons to her along with a Get Well stuffed Doggy that visitors can sign. We got a smile out of her for that. We stayed for quite a while. She slept most of the time with her little hand on her throat, but when she woke up in the middle of the night she told her Mother... "When I was sleeping, my owie went all away."

This morning the ENT physician caring for her was in disbelief at the quick recovery but when all the tests came back normal he went ahead and released her from the hospital. :eek:

The doctor wants to keep her close by and see her again this week, just to make sure, so they're going to stay there in the city with another family member through the week. Usually recovery from sepsis takes weeks, so this is amazing. Right now shes a little weak, a tiny bit sore and she has a little bit of an appetite loss, but other than that, she seems fine.

We just got proof that prayer works. Thanks. :)

Great news!

texaspokieokie
4/21/2011, 04:10 PM
Mama;

is Hayden OK ???