PDA

View Full Version : Nooooo DeMarco, NOOOOOO!!!

prrriiide
3/30/2011, 02:54 AM
Don't go to Detroit!!!

http://blogs.detroitlions.com/2011/03/28/rb-demarco-murray-de-aldon-smith-visit-lions/

Where OU players go to have short careers...

KantoSooner
3/30/2011, 08:51 AM
Detroit is really a blight on football. So many great running backs have gone there only to be destroyed by playing on really, profoundly crappy teams.

85sooners
3/30/2011, 09:04 AM
Detroit has to be getting better with all these top draft picks

texaspokieokie
3/30/2011, 09:25 AM
Detroit is really a blight on football. So many great running backs have gone there only to be destroyed by playing on really, profoundly crappy teams.

barry was successful there, but apparently not happy.

i don't remember how Steve Owens did.

Billy had injury problems, but he had those @ OU also.

Mississippi Sooner
3/30/2011, 09:31 AM
barry was successful there, but apparently not happy.

i don't remember how Steve Owens did.

Billy had injury problems, but he had those @ OU also.

Steve's career in Detroit was similar to Billy's. Knee problems ended it early.

badger
3/30/2011, 09:33 AM
Detroit is on the verge of not sucking for the first time in a long time. It might not be a bad place to land during this time in Neffel history.

Imagine that... Detroit has a chance of actually doing something for once and the Neffel locks them out. Ironic, isn't it?

Okie35
3/30/2011, 09:42 AM
Detroit is actually making progress and if Demarco is apart of it, good.

MichiganSooner
3/30/2011, 09:47 AM
Detroit is a great sports town. The Lions have stunk for years. I think they are turning it around. The Pistons and Red Wings have had great success in the 90's and 2000's. When I lived there in the 60's and 70's they were absolutely horrible.

SoonerDan74012
3/30/2011, 09:47 AM
Steve's career in Detroit was similar to Billy's. Knee problems ended it early.

Billy would be in the HOF if it wasn't for the knee problems.

texaspokieokie
3/30/2011, 09:51 AM
Detroit is a great sports town. The Lions have stunk for years. I think they are turning it around. The Pistons and Red Wings have had great success in the 90's and 2000's. When I lived there in the 60's and 70's they were absolutely horrible.

Don't forget the "Tigers".

Mississippi Sooner
3/30/2011, 09:55 AM
nm

NormanPride
3/30/2011, 10:23 AM
Who would wish Detroit on a Sooner? I don't think even Scott would.

Rocko
3/30/2011, 10:36 AM
Detroit should rebound, but it's going to take time. The big 3 aren't running away from it, which is good, and they are starting to create some jobs for a town that has few.

DeMarco could be to Detroit as Breesus was to NOLA

SoonerLB
3/30/2011, 11:39 AM
Detroit is really a blight on football.

Hell, Detroit is a blight on America! And besides, the muslim majority there prefers soccer. ;)

swardboy
3/30/2011, 12:41 PM
Well, let's consider it "Pontiac" and reverse the mojo....for DeMarco...that's the dealio.

jumperstop
3/30/2011, 12:48 PM
Am I missing something? I thought with the draft you don't get to choose your team....

badger
3/30/2011, 12:53 PM
Green Bay needs new running backs. Demarco, Kendall, Bammer Heisman, we'll take any of you! :O

starclassic tama
3/30/2011, 03:09 PM
DeMarco could be to Detroit as Breesus was to NOLA

easy there killer

yermom
3/30/2011, 03:43 PM
Am I missing something? I thought with the draft you don't get to choose your team....

tell that to Eli :D

VA Sooner
3/30/2011, 07:38 PM
Detroit will take a very, very long time to rebound.

Maybe they should have Suh kick some more field goals?

yermom
3/30/2011, 07:38 PM
rebound from where? :D

Quik Sand
3/30/2011, 08:27 PM
He would fit right into the Indy Colts system :D

Collier11
3/30/2011, 08:40 PM
Don't go to Detroit!!!

http://blogs.detroitlions.com/2011/03/28/rb-demarco-murray-de-aldon-smith-visit-lions/

Where OU players go to have short careers...

Dont scare me like that A-hole, I thought he had gotten hurt again :eek: ;)

StoopTroup
3/30/2011, 08:57 PM
Tis the bad thing about using up your eligibility and then having no choice to go back to school because you'll end up in Detroit.

I hope if he does end up there that he's able to get out ASAP or really be a part of a Detroit Playoff run and get bought off in 3 years as a free agent.

mightysooner
3/30/2011, 09:43 PM
Detroit is getting much better. Demarco would just be another piece of the puzzle for them. Wouldn't be a bad pick.

texaspokieokie
3/31/2011, 07:38 AM
won't detroit have a really high pick ???

will DeMarco be a pick that high???

of course, there's always later rounds, but all teams will have had a shot @ him by then.

MamaMia
3/31/2011, 08:35 AM
Don't go to Detroit!!!

Where OU players go to have short careers...Jesus Christ prrriiide! Talk about your major title scare. I just had a mini heart attack is all. Thank you. Thank God Marco is okay.

MI Sooner
3/31/2011, 04:11 PM
As a Lion fan living in Michigan, believe me, the last thing fans up here want is yet another Sooner bust, since that's what most OU picks by the Lions have turned into (granted, you could say that's what most picks period, turned into). Not a lot was expected from Romero, so he did fine I guess, but Lehman and McDougal didn't justify their high picks. Sims was before my time, but he's the last OU player to do anything in Detroit, at least that I'm aware of. Sad to say, but douchy as they were, the Texas picks have done a little more.

Roy Williams, mega-******, okay receiver.
Shaun Rogers, lazy-******, good DT (when he wanted to be)
Casey Hampton, okay
Bryant Westbrook, pass-interfering ******

There are probably more I'm missing

Oh, and one thing I never quite understood, is why the Lions of the Sanders era get such a bum rap. They weren't great when Barry was here, but they were in the playoffs half the time, and for all his success, his playoff numbers were atrocious. IMO, Barry wasn't "stuck" in Detroit, it was probably at least a better than average situation. The passing game was generally good when he was here, sometimes great, and he played all his home games on astroturf. Watching Barry slip and slide his way to 2-yard loss after two yard loss on the frozen tundra got a little old. If he had played for GB, I bet his numbers would have been worse. Also, he wasn't the best blocker or pass-catcher, nor did his hit or miss style lend itself to sustained drives and really establishing a running game.

He was still an all-time great, and I think the best of his era, there is something to be said for guys that don't put you in 2nd and 12 seemingly once every drive.

IslandSooner
3/31/2011, 09:38 PM
I agree with the "Barry" analogy, but Detroit as a city is a Sh*t Hole. So I hope DeMarco does better :)

misplacedsooner
4/1/2011, 01:28 AM
BITE YOUR TONGUE!!!! the lions have been my team for 40 plus years and i love em to death losers or not. i really feel they are turning things around and will soon be a powerhouse in the nfl for the first time in my life. demarco would fit great with best in the backfield. aside from a lockdown corner and an outside linebacker the lions dont really have a big weakness. lt could be shored up but alot of teams can say that.

yankee
4/1/2011, 01:42 AM
Jesus, Mary, and Joseph....pick a better thread title please. I figured this would be about DM breaking his leg or something. Now I'm trying to stop my pounding heart...