PDA

View Full Version : Obama's Speech

CrimsonCream
3/29/2011, 11:04 AM
What an absolute sleazebag Obama is.

His speech last night was egotisical, arrogant and untrue. He takes credit for any and everything but admits no blame or fault for anything.

Still, the corrupt, vile media continues to let this turd get away with everything.

saucysoonergal
3/29/2011, 11:05 AM
Thanks for your opinion.

olevetonahill
3/29/2011, 11:08 AM
:rolleyes:

PDXsooner
3/29/2011, 11:11 AM
I found it to be a great speech. The amount of confidence and intelligence he exudes is impressive. I don't think he could have done a better job of clarifying the situation.

The Profit
3/29/2011, 11:12 AM

His speech last night was egotisical, arrogant and untrue. He takes credit for any and everything but admits no blame or fault for anything.

Still, the corrupt, vile media continues to let this turd get away with everything.

Okay:D

Aldebaran
3/29/2011, 11:13 AM
If you just recycle what people said about dubya, does it really inform the dialogue, or is it all just mission accomplished?

PDXsooner
3/29/2011, 11:18 AM

You probably typed this out before his speech, and as soon as it was finished you hit "submit reply". Very under-informed, contrived and generic post. Two thumbs down.

Soonrboy
3/29/2011, 11:19 AM

Thank God we have people like you who can interpret things for us.

3rdgensooner
3/29/2011, 11:21 AM
http://esarsea.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/take-a-deep-breath.jpg

Soonerfan88
3/29/2011, 11:22 AM
Joe Biden: War Without Congress Authorization Should Warrant Impeachment

Sen. Joe Biden threatens to initiate impeachment if President Bush acts militarily against Iran without congressional authorization. Speech at the Scott County Democratic Party banquet, Davenport, Iowa on December 14, 2007.

"The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation."
- Senator Barack Obama
December 20, 2007

Obama is using the same language Bush did against Iraq. Both countries are/were under UN sanctions and no-fly-zone. If one is wrong, so is the other. And telling a committee of 18 you are going to bomb Libya is not getting congressional authorization.

okie52
3/29/2011, 11:24 AM
I found it to be a great speech. The amount of confidence and intelligence he exudes is impressive. I don't think he could have done a better job of clarifying the situation.

So you believe it is a humanitarian "mission"? You were probably unsure before the speech but now Obama has cleared it up for you.

olevetonahill
3/29/2011, 11:25 AM
Just as the Far Right idiots get me to almost decide to Like Obama the Far Left Idiots come in and save the day:rolleyes:

saucysoonergal
3/29/2011, 11:27 AM
People who feel the need to criticize either side all the fricken time must have no fricken life!!!

The Profit
3/29/2011, 11:28 AM
Just as the Far Right idiots get me to almost decide to Like Obama the Far Left Idiots come in and save the day:rolleyes:

Many of the "far right idiots" you mentioned will not like Obama until he looks more like his mother than he does his father, and that ain't gonna happen.:rolleyes:

okie52
3/29/2011, 11:30 AM
Many of the "far right idiots" you mentioned will not like Obama until he looks more like his mother than he does his father, and that ain't gonna happen.:rolleyes:

His mother was nothing to look at.

OutlandTrophy
3/29/2011, 11:31 AM
sweet, our first claim of racism for the day. Who had The Profit in today's drawing? Anyone?

The Profit
3/29/2011, 11:32 AM

You know what I meant.

olevetonahill
3/29/2011, 11:33 AM
People who feel the need to criticize either side all the fricken time must have no fricken life!!!

Exactly , Dayum I think hes a clown But Im sure he aint all bad.

Throwing out the racist blanket aint gonna do any good either. Those on the right hate Obama much the same reasons those on the left hated Bush, Pure assed stupidity :rolleyes:

C&CDean
3/29/2011, 11:35 AM
sweet, our first claim of racism for the day. Who had The Profit in today's drawing? Anyone?

It's such an easy mark when they can't think.

okie52
You know what I meant.

I was taking the high ground.

KantoSooner
For those of you who missed it, here's the short version of the
Obama Doctrine

There are dickheads in the world and the United States stands against dickheads. In many cases, however, the dickheads are far away, in uninteresting places that the media pays no attention to. We won't be doing anything there (Myanmar). In other places, it would cost ****loads of money and lives. We won't be doing much of anything there, either (Iran and N. Korea, exhale, you're good to go.) In some cases, though, the dickheads will have the ill fortune to be weak, isolated and easy to attack with little chance of casualties. You guys are, to be brief, toast just as soon as I get p.o.'d enough to come get yo azz. Ghadaffi, my man, next time out of the box, try hard not to have a nation that is 35 miles deep off a really attractive beach and within easy flight time of about seventy-billion western warplanes. BAD PLANNING ON YOU.
Thanks and may God Bless You All.

C&CDean
If you just recycle what people said about dubya, does it really inform the dialogue, or is it all just mission accomplished?

This.

dwarthog
3/29/2011, 11:36 AM

Great effort at continuing to spew the rhetoric of the "far left idiots".

The Profit
3/29/2011, 11:39 AM

If you think there isn't some racism involved, you are being very naive. Look at Obama's approval ratings in the different parts of the country, and it is obvious. On the reverse side, I am relatively certain that racism exists as well.

olevetonahill
3/29/2011, 11:39 AM
I want a Bacon Cheese burger but Im all out of bacon :mad:

AlboSooner
3/29/2011, 11:42 AM
It was an informative speech. I heard him praise and brag on the armed forces, as he should have.

OutlandTrophy
3/29/2011, 11:43 AM
If you think there isn't some racism involved, you are being very naive. Look at Obama's approval ratings in the different parts of the country, and it is obvious. On the reverse side, I am relatively certain that racism exists as well.

Are you saying that all of those people are being racist? Some? What percentage? Does Joe Biden poll better in these racist places? How much better?

PDXsooner
3/29/2011, 11:48 AM

Good thing you let other people make up your mind for you. Shows a lot of self-confidence.

MamaMia
3/29/2011, 11:52 AM
He said the opposite of what he said before. If Bush would have made that speech, and if Obama were still a candidate, he would be complaining about what was said.

Boarder
3/29/2011, 12:04 PM
I heard that he said the sky, from time to time, appears to be a blue color. Bastard.

saucysoonergal
3/29/2011, 12:08 PM
I heard that he said the sky, from time to time, appears to be a blue color. Bastard.

Boarder=nattering nabob of negativism

;)

virginiasooner
3/29/2011, 12:14 PM

And you can say that because you're a real prize?

C&CDean
3/29/2011, 12:15 PM
And you can say that because you're a real prize?

No, it's because she was fugly. Keep up.

OULenexaman
3/29/2011, 12:18 PM
I'll bet leroy would hit it...

C&CDean
3/29/2011, 12:20 PM
Leroy would hit a menstruating baboon.

sappstuf
3/29/2011, 12:23 PM

Smaller ears?

soonercruiser
3/29/2011, 12:56 PM

The point is....that GW could have used (probably nearly did) the same speech for entering Iraq or Afghanistan.

The Secretary of Defense clearly stated on TV interviews this weekend that..."it was the right thing to do; but not vital to our national interest".

Gates Says Libya Not Vital National Interest
By JON HILSENRATH
Defense Secretary Robert Gates said Libya's civil conflict wasn't a vital national interest of the United States, even as he and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton sought to defend U.S. military action there.

"I don't think it's a vital interest of the United States, :eek: but we clearly have an interest there," Mr. Gates said in an appearance on the NBC News program, "Meet the Press" as part of a round of appearances on Sunday morning talk shows.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704308904576226704261420430.html?m od=googlenews_wsj

So, what it does show is the HYPOCRISDY on the left and LW media.
Clearly there was a humanitarian side of the equation.
BUT...the same case could be made for many other conflicts in middle and southern Africa and Asia......where millions have died over the years.....thousands of women raped!

But, there is no oil in Darfur! THIS IS ABOUT OIL FOR OUR EUROPEAN PARTNERS. It is in our national interest......so that NATO will help us go to war for our oil!

Then there is the whole idea that he is selling this action as "sanctioned by the international community"!
(But, not by our own Congress - what does that say?)
There was a larger coallition of partners in Iraq!

And, the mandate was for protecting Libyian civilians - not having our assets clearly provide direct air support of ground troops!

Daily Oklahoman
AP story - page 2A
Gadhafi's Hometown Could Be Last Line of Defense....
....."NATO has insisted that it is seeking only to protect civilians and not to give air cover to an opposition march. But, that line looked set to become even more blurred.
Vice. Admrl. William Gourtney, staff director for the Joint Chiefs of Staff, said the U.S. was hitting Libyan targets with Thunderbolts (A-10s) and AC 130 gunships, aircraft that can fly low enough to suport ground operations."

"...There was growing criticism from Russia and other countries.....that the international air campaign is overstepping the bounds of the UN resolution ...".

Obama Lied - Thousands Died!

Bottom line is -I actually support the aaction.
But, Obama being untruthful pisses me off bigtime!
There is no "change" here.
He's sounding more like Clinton every day!
(I will not have war with that country...) :rolleyes:

soonercruiser
3/29/2011, 01:00 PM
It was an informative speech. I heard him praise and brag on the armed forces, as he should have.

Informed us of what?
What we had already heard from all the talking heads on the news media?
We learned nothing new....including his hypocrisy!
(On-the-job training!)

OUthunder
3/29/2011, 01:03 PM
What did the teleprompter have to say this time?

Honestly, give me one of those magic 8 balls and I can govern like Obama.

pphilfran
3/29/2011, 01:05 PM
He said nothing new...

It was a win one for the Gipper speech...

CrimsonCream
3/29/2011, 01:51 PM
You probably typed this out before his speech, and as soon as it was finished you hit "submit reply". Very under-informed, contrived and generic post. Two thumbs down.

Of course, you'd be wrong again.

Do you think, "Obama “made clear...that he acted in America’s values and interest and effectively led a limited and international effort supported by the Libyan opposition and the Arab league to do what he said we would do—stop Moammar Gaddafi’s deadly advance on his own people." He didn't lead anything. The French did.

I guess we have the "brown banana" addiction going on again.

saucysoonergal
3/29/2011, 01:53 PM
Blah Blah Blah, we hate the other party, Blah Blah Blah.

Seriously, find something new and interesting to discuss - And I mean BOTH sides and you freaky independents too!

pphilfran
3/29/2011, 02:01 PM
Blah Blah Blah, we hate the other party, Blah Blah Blah.

Seriously, find something new and interesting to discuss - And I mean BOTH sides and you freaky independents too!

Ok...lets talk about saucy stuff regarding saucysoonergal...you start...

C&CDean
3/29/2011, 02:03 PM
CDIAB with extra jalapenos...

pphilfran
Of course, you'd be wrong again.

Do you think, "Obama “made clear...that he acted in America’s values and interest and effectively led a limited and international effort supported by the Libyan opposition and the Arab league to do what he said we would do—stop Moammar Gaddafi’s deadly advance on his own people." He didn't lead anything. The French did.

I guess we have the "brown banana" addiction going on again.

I think the US led the charge in getting the various sanctions pushed through...

The Profit
Ok...lets talk about saucy stuff regarding saucysoonergal...you start...

She used to live in Lawton, but she didn't like it very much.

saucysoonergal
Well, I do make a tasty CDIAB and I like pomegranate martinis.

The Profit
3/29/2011, 02:04 PM
Well, I do make a tasty CDIAB and I like pomegranate martinis.

Too sweet for me. I'll stick to Jack on the rocks

pphilfran
3/29/2011, 02:05 PM
She used to live in Lawton, but she didn't like it very much.

Well, hell, maybe I knew her and have plenty of sauce to spread around...

MamaMia
3/29/2011, 02:08 PM
The good news is we wont have to put up with this arrogant, clueless, constantly campaigning, self serving, money printing, teleprompter gazing, phony, lying azz, date night having, vacation taking, tacky gift giving, America insulting, race card playing, tea party bashing, Fox News fraidy cat, community organizing sleezeball for very much longer.

saucysoonergal
3/29/2011, 02:09 PM
So, Mom, how do you really feel?

The Profit
3/29/2011, 02:11 PM
The good news is we wont have to put up with this arrogant, clueless, constantly campaigning, self serving, money printing, teleprompter gazing, phony, lying azz, date night having, vacation taking, tacky gift giving, America insulting, race card playing, tea party bashing, Fox News fraidy cat, community organizing sleezeball for very much longer.

Nope...only 6 more years, mama.

MamaMia
3/29/2011, 02:11 PM
So, Mom, how do you really feel?

Actually, other than that, I think he would be fun to shoot hoops with. Maybe afterward we could sit on his picnic table and have some beers. :cool:

pphilfran
3/29/2011, 02:14 PM
Actually, other than that, I think he would be fun to shoot hoops with. Maybe afterward we could sit on his picnic table and have some beers. :cool:

To get beer he would have to actually call a foul on you that you didn't commit...

MamaMia
3/29/2011, 02:14 PM
Nope...only 6 more years, mama.If by 6 years you really mean 662 Days, 22 Hours, 44 Minutes and 07 Seconds, then okay.

The Profit
3/29/2011, 02:18 PM
If by 6 years you really mean 662 Days, 22 Hours, 44 Minutes and 07 Seconds, then okay.

The other side has no one that can beat him with the exception of Romney, but the right wingers won't nominate a slick Mormon, who once was for a woman's right to choose. Therein lies the problem.

The Profit
3/29/2011, 02:18 PM
Well, hell, maybe I knew her and have plenty of sauce to spread around...

Saucy, tell us about your Lawton days.

C&CDean
3/29/2011, 02:20 PM
The other side has no one that can beat him with the exception of Romney, but the right wingers won't nominate a slick Mormon, who once was for a woman's right to choose. Therein lies the problem.

No worries. There'll be enough of the "ABO" crowd to nudge him out.

saucysoonergal
3/29/2011, 02:20 PM
What happens in Lawton, stays in Lawton, by court order.

MamaMia
3/29/2011, 02:21 PM

Yeah, whatever. Once upon a time... not a whole lot of people would have thought a black dude would be in the Oval office.

The Profit
3/29/2011, 02:22 PM
What happens in Lawton, stays in Lawton, by court order.

:D :D

The Profit
3/29/2011, 02:23 PM
No worries. There'll be enough of the "ABO" crowd to nudge him out.

Don't think so, especially if a right winger gets the gop nomination. Really doesn't matter much, though. Obama has acted like a republican anyway.

C&CDean
3/29/2011, 02:42 PM
Don't think so, especially if a right winger gets the gop nomination. Really doesn't matter much, though. Obama has acted like a republican anyway.

Wrong. He's acted like a politician.

pphilfran
3/29/2011, 02:43 PM
It all depends on the economy...

The Profit
3/29/2011, 02:44 PM
Wrong. He's acted like a politician.

I am trying to remember, who was the last president, who wasn't a politician. I guess it was Ike. I like Ike.

C&CDean
3/29/2011, 02:45 PM
I am trying to remember, who was the last president, who wasn't a politician. I guess it was Ike. I like Ike.

Wrong yet again. It was Ronaldus Maximus. He was a STATESMAN.

The Profit
3/29/2011, 02:46 PM

Yeah right...The 2nd four years he was in lala land.

C&CDean
3/29/2011, 02:47 PM
lala land beats 2011 brother.

The Profit
3/29/2011, 02:51 PM
lala land beats 2011 brother.

just a matter of opinion

C&CDean
3/29/2011, 02:51 PM
That's what people who are wrong always say...

The Profit
3/29/2011, 02:59 PM
That's what people who are wrong always say...

That, too, is just an opinion. I am trying hard to be diplomatic. I really don't want to go into the Reagan was liar thing, which includes arms for hostages, etc. I really don't want to remind you that more people in the two Reagan administrations were convicted of crimes than in any other administration in American history, including Tricky Dicky, who now rots in hell. Actually, there were some things I liked about old Ronnie, but he wasn't all that. I don't know if you had the opportunity to see the recent HBO program on him, but it was outstanding. It showed both the good and the bad.

virginiasooner
3/29/2011, 03:04 PM

you neglected to mention that he was governor of MASSACHUSETTS (which is the equivalent of being the mistress of Satan to the fundies), not to mention passing health care reform while he was governor (which is eerily similar to what Congress passed last year). Only if Romney gets the nomination will the fundies go berserk. I for one am rooting for the Newster to get the nomination, so we can hear over and over again how he was f*cking his mistress for love of country.

The Profit
3/29/2011, 03:15 PM
you neglected to mention that he was governor of MASSACHUSETTS (which is the equivalent of being the mistress of Satan to the fundies), not to mention passing health care reform while he was governor (which is eerily similar to what Congress passed last year). Only if Romney gets the nomination will the fundies go berserk. I for one am rooting for the Newster to get the nomination, so we can hear over and over again how he was f*cking his mistress for love of country.

That was funny. The Newster was really on his game with that explanation. Gingrich is not only a cad, but is also the pure definition of a politician. My first choice for the GOP would, of course, be simple sarah. Then, I would go with the bat-shiz crazy woman from Minnesota. Then, it would be Gingrich, and then it would be the preacher/governor/bass player from Arkansas. The two that would worry me the most would be boss hog from Mississippi and the slick Mormon. You cannot win without independent votes, and I think both of them could get some independents to vote for them.

C&CDean
3/29/2011, 03:17 PM
That, too, is just an opinion. I am trying hard to be diplomatic. I really don't want to go into the Reagan was liar thing, which includes arms for hostages, etc. I really don't want to remind you that more people in the two Reagan administrations were convicted of crimes than in any other administration in American history, including Tricky Dicky, who now rots in hell. Actually, there were some things I liked about old Ronnie, but he wasn't all that. I don't know if you had the opportunity to see the recent HBO program on him, but it was outstanding. It showed both the good and the bad.

With all his warts and pimples, RR was still a head and shoulders above any US president in yours or my lifetime. He was a LEADER that the country believed in and followed, and the rest of the world knew it.

And remember, when you foam at the mouth with all your vitriol and hatred about Reagan and Nixon you sound just like the lunatics who do the same thing over Carter and Clinton. Not one iota different or better. Same. ****.

The Profit
3/29/2011, 03:19 PM
With all his warts and pimples, RR was still a head and shoulders above any US president in yours or my lifetime. He was a LEADER that the country believed in and followed, and the rest of the world knew it.

And remember, when you foam at the mouth with all your vitriol and hatred about Reagan and Nixon you sound just like the lunatics who do the same thing over Carter and Clinton. Not one iota different or better. Same. ****.

I disagree.

saucysoonergal
3/29/2011, 03:21 PM
We haven't had a president worth his weight in gold since Truman dropped the bombs on Nippon! ;)

okie52
3/29/2011, 03:21 PM

I am sure you didn't vote for this man.

http://i990.photobucket.com/albums/af24/okie54/John-Edwards-family.jpg

C&CDean
3/29/2011, 03:26 PM
I disagree.

Well that's just, like your opinion, man...

virginiasooner
3/29/2011, 03:26 PM
I disagree.

I agree with your disagreement.

virginiasooner
3/29/2011, 03:28 PM
I am sure you didn't vote for this man.

http://i990.photobucket.com/albums/af24/okie54/John-Edwards-family.jpg

To be perfectly honest with you, I did, in the 2004 primary. Even gave him money in late 2007, because I liked what he was saying about poverty in this country. But by the time my state had its primary, I was supporting Obama.

C&CDean
3/29/2011, 03:29 PM
I agree with your disagreement.

You would. You're a flamer. I'll be happy to get on that airplane Thursday morning and fly the **** outta DC. I get into political jousts quite often at the Irish bar I hang out in up here. A whole lot of people who are deaf, dumb, and blind but think all of us in the flyover states are ignorant necks. It's all good. You can have this dump, I'll take Oklahoma.

Blue
3/29/2011, 03:35 PM
I for one am happy with our neocon warmongering president.

I'm finding it funny that anybody thinks this guy is different and better than the last guy or the guy before him.

Same ****, diff shovel, yet everyone still wants to argue about it.

virginiasooner
3/29/2011, 03:37 PM
You would. You're a flamer. I'll be happy to get on that airplane Thursday morning and fly the **** outta DC. I get into political jousts quite often at the Irish bar I hang out in up here. A whole lot of people who are deaf, dumb, and blind but think all of us in the flyover states are ignorant necks. It's all good. You can have this dump, I'll take Oklahoma.

I do not think that everyone in flyover country is a bunch of rednecks. Most of my family lives in flyover country, and NONE are uneducated rubes. But I will say that my ex-husband, his parents, and his siblings and their offsrpring are a bunch of knuckle-dragging troglodytes.

okie52
3/29/2011, 03:38 PM
To be perfectly honest with you, I did, in the 2004 primary. Even gave him money in late 2007, because I liked what he was saying about poverty in this country. But by the time my state had its primary, I was supporting Obama.

You really think poverty is a big issue in this country?

virginiasooner
3/29/2011, 03:47 PM

Yes.

sooner_born_1960
3/29/2011, 03:55 PM
Not an issue worth running a campaign on, though.

yankee
3/29/2011, 03:55 PM

It's a big enough issue IMO. Why we send billions overseas for aid while we have homeless, underfed, struggling people right in our country has always been a sore point with me. There are lots of people that need help in the USA. I'm a big supporter of domestic mission trips, not ones to Mexico or the Dominican Republic or wherever. Hell, right in the White House's back yard practically. DC is a poor city outside of all the gov't buildings.

okie52
3/29/2011, 03:59 PM
I do not think that everyone in flyover country is a bunch of rednecks. Most of my family lives in flyover country, and NONE are uneducated rubes. But I will say that my ex-husband, his parents, and his siblings and their offsrpring are a bunch of knuckle-dragging troglodytes.

I know that was said with love.

SanJoaquinSooner
3/29/2011, 04:00 PM
Unfortunately, I missed Obama's speech.

Unfortunately, I read all 5 pages of this thread and still have no idea why his speech was good or why is was not good.

OULenexaman
3/29/2011, 04:02 PM
that should tell ya right there...

Blue
3/29/2011, 04:03 PM

Unfortunately, I read all 5 pages of this thread and still have no idea why his speech was good or why is was not good.

It was just the standard hypocritical bs coming out of the empire for years now.

"Humanitarian mission....blah blah, let me be clear...blah blah, make no mistake...blah blah national interests."

olevetonahill
3/29/2011, 04:05 PM
I like cheese grits with eggs and bacon any of Yall?

virginiasooner
3/29/2011, 04:05 PM
It's a big enough issue IMO. Why we send billions overseas for aid while we have homeless, underfed, struggling people right in our country has always been a sore point with me. There are lots of people that need help in the USA. I'm a big supporter of domestic mission trips, not ones to Mexico or the Dominican Republic or wherever. Hell, right in the White House's back yard practically. DC is a poor city outside of all the gov't buildings.

Foreign aid is a drop in the proverbial bucket compared to what the Defense Department wastes in a week. The cost of the bombs dropped on Libya this past week could fund all the teachers that have been laid off by the various states in the past two years. Waste, fraud, and abuse up the wazoo.

okie52
3/29/2011, 04:11 PM

Most homeless people suffer from mental illness (or so I recall). Not sure how much money is going to keep them off of the street. Welfare, food stamps, unemployment benefits running 2 years plus, government housing, section 8's, free school and transportation to and from it, WIC programs, etc... I am sure some people fall through the cracks but it is a pretty big net.

D.C. is by far the most subsidized city in the US.

OULenexaman
I like cheese grits with eggs and bacon any of Yall? I don't do grits...bacon and eggs with cheese a different story...

Turd_Ferguson
I like cheese grits with eggs and bacon any of Yall?I like cheese, bacon and eggs....but not grits. I like a bacon, swiss cheese, tomato and onion omelet.

OULenexaman
3/29/2011, 04:17 PM
thats a bad *** omelet...

olevetonahill
3/29/2011, 04:19 PM
Thats almost UnAmerican , not liking Grits. Just aint right . Yall must be Libs er some shat.:P

dwarthog
3/29/2011, 04:25 PM

He just wrapped his turd up in "far left idiot" speak to assuage the fears of his base, sprinkled in a few questionable facts, hoping they would swallow it all, looking for a deep hook set to real in the suckers with. :D

virginiasooner
3/29/2011, 04:26 PM
D.C. is by far the most subsidized city in the US.

I'm all for ending the federal subsidy, as long as DC could impose a commuter tax (my taxes would go up, and yours would go down). But if the federal subsidy is ended, that ends the right of the busybody bluenoses on the Hill from telling DC how to spend the tax money it collects (like not allowing the tallying of the votes on whether to allow medical marijuana).

The Profit
3/29/2011, 04:30 PM
Thats almost UnAmerican , not liking Grits. Just aint right . Yall must be Libs er some shat.:P

I lived in Georgia for a year. Every plate I looked at had those frigging grits on them. Give me hash browns any day.

okie52
3/29/2011, 04:33 PM
I'm all for ending the federal subsidy, as long as DC could impose a commuter tax (my taxes would go up, and yours would go down). But if the federal subsidy is ended, that ends the right of the busybody bluenoses on the Hill from telling DC how to spend the tax money it collects (like not allowing the tallying of the votes on whether to allow medical marijuana).

D.C. brought up the vote on MM? Would like for that to have passed. How did they keep the "votes" from being tallied?

OK could produce a fine MM crop. Wouldn't need any farm subsidies.

AlboSooner
3/29/2011, 04:36 PM
Informed us of what?
What we had already heard from all the talking heads on the news media?
We learned nothing new....including his hypocrisy!
(On-the-job training!)

When we bash somebody constantly, that takes away from our credibility when we make a good point. By definition a speech is always informative. There is implied information, and directly spoken information within a speech.

Now, you're not even willing to give the president the basic credit of his speech being informative; that takes away when you make a fair criticism of the president. Nobody is always right and always wrong.
:)

The Profit
3/29/2011, 04:39 PM
When we bash somebody constantly, that takes away from our credibility when we make a good point. By definition a speech is always informative. There is implied information, and directly spoken information within a speech.

Now, you're not even willing to give the president the basic credit of his speech being informative; that takes away when you make a fair criticism of the president. Nobody is always right and always wrong.

Great post!!!

okie52
3/29/2011, 04:46 PM
Any concerns whatsoever about the fact that 40% of the terrorists in Iraq came from eastern Libya...the area we are helping to defend now? Or about the fact Al Queda could be in charge of the rebel force we are aiding?

Most leaders are saying they don't know much about the rebels...yet we jump out there to help them? Does this seem smart?

AlboSooner
3/29/2011, 04:50 PM
There is tremendous concern on my part. I am concerned about Saudi terrorists too. I am concerned about Saudi's historical, and infamous financing of terrorism. There is a historical precedent that this Libya thing may come to bite us in the behind, alla Afghanistan.

The Profit
3/29/2011, 04:53 PM
Any concerns whatsoever about the fact that 40% of the terrorists in Iraq came from eastern Libya...the area we are helping to defend now? Or about the fact Al Queda could be in charge of the rebel force we are aiding?

Most leaders are saying they don't know much about the rebels...yet we jump out there to help them? Does this seem smart?

If 40 percent of the terrorists came from Libya, I would guess that Gaddhafi (sic) was sending them there.

Blue
3/29/2011, 04:55 PM

If by "informative" you mean, "Full of doublespeak, rah rah, and BS" then yes, I agree.

It doesn't take a genius to figure out what we are doing over there. I hear that same damn speech everytime the US has gone to drop some bombs in the last 20 years.

okie52
3/29/2011, 04:58 PM
There is tremendous concern on my part. I am concerned about Saudi terrorists too. I am concerned about Saudi's historical, and infamous financing of terrorism. There is a historical precedent that this Libya thing may come to bite us in the behind, alla Afghanistan.

Yep, or Saddam, too, for that matter.

MamaMia
3/29/2011, 04:58 PM
Great post!!!http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y86/OUmom/coffee-2.gif No it wasn't.

The Profit
3/29/2011, 04:59 PM
It was just the standard hypocritical bs coming out of the empire for years now.

"Humanitarian mission....blah blah, let me be clear...blah blah, make no mistake...blah blah national interests."

It is making our dear military industrial complex very happy, though.

okie52
3/29/2011, 05:02 PM
If 40 percent of the terrorists came from Libya, I would guess that Gaddhafi (sic) was sending them there.

If you'll notice Gaddhafi's initial statements, he was accusing Al Queda of masterminding this rebellion. I don't sense any love lost between the two nor do I get the idea that Gaddhafi ever had any real control over them.

Gaddhafi may have been behind some of the trouble in Iraq, but I have never seen any terrorist activity blamed on him by our leaders beyond what occured 25 years ago.

AlboSooner
3/29/2011, 05:04 PM
Yep, or Saddam, too, for that matter.

Sure. Not as much as previously advertised, or his death would calmed many concerns we still have to this day. Cancer is much more dangerous than a broken foot.

From your days at OUI, you and phil have been objective.

The Profit
3/29/2011, 05:07 PM
If you'll notice Gaddhafi's initial statements, he was accusing Al Queda of masterminding this rebellion. I don't sense any love lost between the two nor do I get the idea that Gaddhafi ever had any real control over them.

Gaddhafi may have been behind some of the trouble in Iraq, but I have never seen any terrorist activity blamed on him by our leaders beyond what occured 25 years ago.

He has said all kinds of crap over the last month. No one has believed anything that he has said for the last 20 or so years. Al Qaida didn't mastermind the change in power in Egypt or Tunisia. Young people (the majority of the population in all 3 of these countries) are the driving force for change. So far, they have sought a more democratic form of government. We can hope that the same is in store for Libya.

The Profit
3/29/2011, 05:08 PM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y86/OUmom/coffee-2.gif No it wasn't.

Sure it was, Mama

okie52
3/29/2011, 05:15 PM
He has said all kinds of crap over the last month. No one has believed anything that he has said for the last 20 or so years. Al Qaida didn't mastermind the change in power in Egypt or Tunisia. Young people (the majority of the population in all 3 of these countries) are the driving force for change. So far, they have sought a more democratic form of government. We can hope that the same is in store for Libya.

But we didn't have to involve ourselves in Tunisia or Egypt. Who knows how they will turn out. And we sure didn't have to involve ourselves in Libya where even our leaders state they don't know the rebels and their Al quaida connection is unclear. It is a risky venture to say the least.

But, as I've already said, I am for the US to get out of the intervention business with the exception of extreme circumstances, so most interventions I will not look on favorably.

MamaMia
3/29/2011, 05:38 PM
Sure it was, Mama

Okay dear, whatever you say. Come rub my shoulders and I'll bake you a pie. ;)

The Profit
3/29/2011, 05:42 PM
Okay dear, whatever you say. Come rub my shoulders and I'll bake you a pie. ;)

I love pie, especially coconut cream, lemon, chocolate, apple, etc. By the way, I noticed all of the back-and-forth regarding Italian food. I bet my meatballs are better than any of those restaurants...

soonercruiser
3/29/2011, 05:45 PM

Better to loose, than go to "THE DARK SIDE"!
:O

MamaMia
3/29/2011, 05:45 PM
I love pie, especially coconut cream, lemon, chocolate, apple, etc. By the way, I noticed all of the back-and-forth regarding Italian food. I bet my meatballs are better than any of those restaurants...

I'll bet you have nice meatballs. I'll bet your Mamas got a squeezebox, and your Daddy never sleeps at night.
Better to loose, than go to "THE DARK SIDE"!
:O

uh...my first boyfriend would beg to differ.

The Profit
3/29/2011, 05:47 PM
I'll bet you have nice meatballs. I'll bet your Mamas got a squeezebox, and your Daddy never sleeps at night.

My mama's dead.

soonercruiser
3/29/2011, 05:47 PM

Et tu, Dean-a!

The Profit
3/29/2011, 05:48 PM

uh...my first boyfriend would beg to differ.

My mama is dead.

soonercruiser
3/29/2011, 05:52 PM
That was funny. The Newster was really on his game with that explanation. Gingrich is not only a cad, but is also the pure definition of a politician. My first choice for the GOP would, of course, be simple sarah. Then, I would go with the bat-shiz crazy woman from Minnesota. Then, it would be Gingrich, and then it would be the preacher/governor/bass player from Arkansas. The two that would worry me the most would be boss hog from Mississippi and the slick Mormon. You cannot win without independent votes, and I think both of them could get some independents to vote for them.

Thank GOD that Profit is on the "wrong side" to choose.
But really, just about anything is better than a rookie Alinskyian community organizer! (if we could just get the 60's, brain-damaged, Pot Head voters thrown out!)

soonercruiser
3/29/2011, 05:53 PM

Dean,
Profit has actually been rather "soft" over here, versus how he posted on the OUI.
:D

C&CDean
3/29/2011, 05:58 PM
Thank GOD that Profit is on the "wrong side" to choose.
But really, just about anything is better than a rookie Alinskyian community organizer! (if we could just get the 60's, brain-damaged, Pot Head voters thrown out!)

Dude. Please. Stop using big words. You don't even know what "Alinskyian" means.

It's all the negros they rounded up to vote for the first semi-negro prez. Nothing more, nothing less. Those same negros are deep into their crack addiction and will not be showing up in 2012 to vote. Yes, there will be a bunch of white women from Arlington, VA and the DC area to pick up the slack, but honestly, they voted for him the first time around.

Last night, a normal citizen walking through the national mall was jumped on and assaulted by a couple - gasp - negroes. The TV said "it's the first time in forever this kind of stuff has happened in DC." I thought "yes, that is true, but it's turning the other way...again." Let's just let it all play out and we'll see what happens...

MamaMia
3/29/2011, 05:58 PM
My mama is dead.

Okay...I'm having a meltdown. I'm very sensitive right now.

soonercruiser
3/29/2011, 05:59 PM

Wrong!
I am informed.
I listened to the speech hoping to learn something that I didn't already know from listening to the news for 2 weeks.
NOTHING NEW!!!

I posted that I am actually supportive of the effort.
But, nothing new learned here! :rolleyes:

C&CDean
3/29/2011, 05:59 PM

He's effing with you G. Don't let him.

MamaMia
3/29/2011, 06:01 PM
He's effing with you G. Don't let him. Okay...deep breaths. In..........Out......

soonercruiser
3/29/2011, 06:04 PM
My mama's dead.

Lucky her!

oudavid1
3/29/2011, 06:05 PM
I support my president.

soonercruiser
3/29/2011, 06:06 PM
For a person who hates political threads....
Anybody notice how interested Dean is in this thread????

MamaMia
3/29/2011, 06:06 PM
My mama is dead.If there are no squeeze boxes in Heaven, I don't want to go.

Its the off season

C&CDean
3/29/2011, 06:11 PM

So, I guess you're looking for another bane? Go ahead, push it. Some of us can make a comment. Some of YOU can only go "sputter, thwputter. buutt, butt, he'th a commie, or he'th a nazxi..." Meh. STFU. If you can't tell the difference, then there's no hope for you.

C&CDean
3/29/2011, 06:12 PM
I support my president.

Really? Who might that be?

oudavid1
3/29/2011, 06:13 PM
Really? Who might that be?

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/images/2009/01/14/obamaofficialfoto.jpg

This Guy!

C&CDean
3/29/2011, 06:14 PM
Well God bless you and your pointy little noggin.

MamaMia
3/29/2011, 06:18 PM
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/images/2009/01/14/obamaofficialfoto.jpg

This Guy!

OH MY EYES!! MY EYES!!:eek:

soonercoop1
3/29/2011, 06:30 PM

C&CDean
3/29/2011, 06:34 PM
This thread is 1/10000000000000th as entertaining as "The King's Speech." Maybe the boy needs to go "****, ****, ****, ****, ****, before he says something.

The Profit
3/29/2011, 07:06 PM
Lucky her!

That was uncalled for. As Woodrow Call once said, "I can't tolerate rudeness in a man."

The Profit
3/29/2011, 07:08 PM

Mama, she died in 1982 of Cruetzfeld Jakob disease. I have been over it for a long time. I, too, hope there are squeeze boxes in heaven. If heaven is just a bunch of pious-acting angels flying around, I'll pass.

okie52
3/29/2011, 07:11 PM
Lucky her!

That one is pretty tough Cruiser....whether you were joking or not.

The Profit
3/29/2011, 07:15 PM

I considered the source.

okie52
3/29/2011, 07:19 PM
I considered the source.

Sometimes people get carried away.

virginiasooner
3/29/2011, 07:19 PM
D.C. brought up the vote on MM? Would like for that to have passed. How did they keep the "votes" from being tallied?

OK could produce a fine MM crop. Wouldn't need any farm subsidies.

The vote was eventually allowed to be tallied. IIRC, Bob Barr from Georgia wouldn't allow the funds to be spent to tally the vote. And the amount was something like $1.99 (paying someone to push the "tabulate" button).

bigfatjerk
3/29/2011, 07:21 PM
I like how he took credit for being better than Clinton and Bush in how he's handling his unnecessary war. Especially when as a Senator he would have said how bad his action was.

okie52
3/29/2011, 07:23 PM
Everything regarding DC has to go through congress? Municipal policies, taxes, schools, etc...?

bigfatjerk
3/29/2011, 07:29 PM
No this was desperate. We needed to go to war because Europe needs it's oil!

soonercruiser
3/29/2011, 09:20 PM

Sorry! No "sarcasm" emoticon!
That's the mods fault. They are lazy!
:P

soonercruiser
3/29/2011, 09:21 PM
That was uncalled for. As Woodrow Call once said, "I can't tolerate rudeness in a man."

Sorry!
There was no "sarcasm" emotion Profit.
And.....I just couldn't pass up the opportunity.

My momma is dead too.
(Alzheimers)

C&CDean
3/29/2011, 09:22 PM
Not too lazy to ban your *** for being a dick though.

soonercruiser
3/29/2011, 09:24 PM
Not too lazy to ban your *** for being a dick though.

Please stop trying to act scarry Dean! Save it for Halloween!
It will only get your BP up.

C&CDean
3/29/2011, 09:36 PM
It's "scary" nimrod. And BP spilled the oil.

soonercruiser
3/29/2011, 09:40 PM
It's "scary" nimrod. And BP spilled the oil.

BP = Blood Pressure. If it's up, be scard! Very, very scard!
You're about to pop! :rolleyes:

oudavid1
3/30/2011, 04:56 AM
Well God bless you and your pointy little noggin.

Btw I'm not some lib (no offense libs) I just feel that since he is the American president I must support my leader. He is the commander and chief after all. But I wanted McCain so badly.

virginiasooner
3/30/2011, 11:04 AM
Everything regarding DC has to go through congress? Municipal policies, taxes, schools, etc...?

Not everything, but Congress, especially when Republicans are in control, like to muck around with whatever this Democratic city does -- like cutting funds for needle exchanges, forcing the city to have charter schools, etc. Congressional Republicans even try to restrict how the city spends its own money -- i.e., money that it collects in taxes, not the federal money.

okie52
3/30/2011, 11:41 AM
Not everything, but Congress, especially when Republicans are in control, like to muck around with whatever this Democratic city does -- like cutting funds for needle exchanges, forcing the city to have charter schools, etc. Congressional Republicans even try to restrict how the city spends its own money -- i.e., money that it collects in taxes, not the federal money.

I guess that's the good with the bad when the feds get involved.

ouwino
3/30/2011, 12:25 PM
obama is a lying son of a biscuit. every word out of his mouth is false. he has done nothing he said he was going to do. the biggest issue he ran on was the "unjust war" bush got us into. he said he was going to bring all the troops home. we have more men and women fighting overseas now than at any time in our history since viet nam.

dont go and say that afghan is not obama's fault. he is the one who signed the paper to send tens of thousands of troops over there. including my son. and there is no end in sight.

obama had no clue as to what to do as president. and today he has no clue as to what to do as president. however, he did accomplish his main selfish goal. he is the first black president. (i can think of alot of African-Americans who would have been more qualified and done a better job) this guy is nothing more than a self-satisfying jerk.

saucysoonergal
3/30/2011, 12:28 PM
obama is a lying son of a biscuit. every word out of his mouth is false. he has done nothing he said he was going to do. the biggest issue he ran on was the "unjust war" bush got us into. he said he was going to bring all the troops home. we have more men and women fighting overseas now than at any time in our history since viet nam.

dont go and say that afghan is not obama's fault. he is the one who signed the paper to send tens of thousands of troops over there. including my son. and there is no end in sight.

obama had no clue as to what to do as president. and today he has no clue as to what to do as president. however, he did accomplish his main selfish goal. he is the first black president. (i can think of alot of African-Americans who would have been more qualified and done a better job) this guy is nothing more than a self-satisfying jerk.

thanks for your opinion.

MR2-Sooner86
3/30/2011, 12:38 PM
virus warning

Caboose
3/30/2011, 12:40 PM
All I really got from the speech was that Obama sure is impressed with himself. That's pretty much par for all of his speeches though.

okie52
3/30/2011, 12:48 PM

Wino-How is your son doing?

saucysoonergal
3/30/2011, 02:26 PM
virus warning

There he goes spreading his virus around!

;)

bigfatjerk
3/30/2011, 03:01 PM
All I really got from the speech was that Obama sure is impressed with himself. That's pretty much par for all of his speeches though.

Yep, he basically said in his speech that he did such a great job compared to what both Bush's and Clinton did in similar situations.

CrimsonCream
3/30/2011, 03:03 PM

He is that and more. He is nothing but pomp and circumstance.

But you still have millions of people that refuse to recognize him as he is. Too, you have the vile, corrupt Media that ignores, distorts and dismisses all of his screw ups.

These are the "brown banana eaters." You know, the people that Obama tells that a turd really is a brown banana and it's okay to eat and they go ahead and believe and eat.

The Profit
3/30/2011, 03:15 PM
He is that and more. He is nothing but pomp and circumstance.

But you still have millions of people that refuse to recognize him as he is. Too, you have the vile, corrupt Media that ignores, distorts and dismisses all of his screw ups.

These are the "brown banana eaters." You know, the people that Obama tells that a turd really is a brown banana and it's okay to eat and they go ahead and believe and eat.

Okay. If you say so.

sappstuf
3/30/2011, 03:18 PM
nm wrong thread

ouwino
3/30/2011, 06:35 PM
Wino-How is your son doing?
thank you very much for asking. i appreciate it. he is ok. tour should be over soon. we dont know when. hopefully this summer??? it has been a very long year.

Turd_Ferguson
3/30/2011, 06:48 PM
thank you very much for asking. i appreciate it. he is ok. tour should be over soon. we dont know when. hopefully this summer??? it has been a very long year.God bless him and thank him for his service please...

okie52
3/30/2011, 06:50 PM
thank you very much for asking. i appreciate it. he is ok. tour should be over soon. we dont know when. hopefully this summer??? it has been a very long year.

They have nice ceremonies when they return. I know you'll be ready for that moment.

ouwino
3/30/2011, 09:02 PM
They have nice ceremonies when they return. I know you'll be ready for that moment.

i am sure it will be really nice. however, right now all i want is to wrap him in a big old bear hug.