PDA

View Full Version : FX to Carry Big 12 College Football in the Fall

FtwTxSooner
3/28/2011, 10:17 AM
Sports are returning to FX.

The channel, known for edgy entertainment and movies, is expected to announce Monday it will be airing college football games on Saturdays this fall.

The package of 13 Fox Sports on FX games, some of which will air in primetime, is being carved out of rights deals Fox Sports already has with the Big 12, Pac-12 and Conference USA. Conference USA's championship game could also air on FX.

Sports have become a bigger priority for News Corp. since COO Chase Carey returned to the company in 2009. Having a strong cable outlet is important if Fox is going to compete for sports rights packages against ESPN, NBC Universal and Turner Broadcasting, all of which generate substantial revenue from subscriber fees as well as advertising sales. FX has 99 million subscribers.

FX has aired sports including Major League Baseball, NASCAR, college football, boxing and NFL Europe in the past, but not since 2006.

Fox Sports will produce the game broadcasts. It plans to announce the first three games on the schedule in June. Remaining games will be picked six to 12 days before they air to ensure exciting matchups for FX.

The network has not yet determined which sportscasters will announce the games and is developing plans for programming to surround the games, including pre- and post-game shows.

A Big 12 and Pac-12 game of the week will continue to air on Fox Sports Net, but FX is likely to get the best games. Other college football games will appear on Fox's regional sports networks. In all, Fox will televise more than 170 college football games on its networks.

Looks like we will be making a few appearances on FX.

http://www.broadcastingcable.com/article/465808-EXCLUSIVE_FX_Tackles_College_Football.php

Jason Alexander
3/28/2011, 10:25 AM
As long as they dont play Two and a Half Men commercials during the OU game.

IronHorseSooner
3/28/2011, 10:45 AM

Unless we are "Winning!" (obligatory Charlie Sheen reference!):)

Soonerson1975
3/28/2011, 11:37 AM

I think they should use the soundbite of him saying "Duh, Winning" for one of the intro videos.

NormanPride
3/28/2011, 01:34 PM
I do not want our football team associated with Sheen. It seems like bad karma...

bri
3/28/2011, 01:54 PM
Can Sterling Archer be the play-by-play guy?

badger
3/28/2011, 02:09 PM
The channel, known for edgy entertainment and movies

An edgier college football broadcast might be fun, but I have not been impressed with the HD offered by FSN broadcasts compared to their counterparts on ESPN, ABC, CBS and even Versus.

OULenexaman
3/28/2011, 02:27 PM
An edgier college football broadcast might be fun, but I have not been impressed with the HD offered by FSN broadcasts compared to their counterparts on ESPN, ABC, CBS and even Versus.

they completely blow!!! It's not even HD IMO.:mad: :mad:

King Barry's Back
3/28/2011, 02:47 PM

Are they finally broadcasting in HD? Ha.

agoo758
3/28/2011, 04:49 PM
They better do a better job than they did with the BCS games a few years ago, and they damn well better not have Tom "the fire and passion of Tim Tebow" Brenneman. :mad:

badger
3/28/2011, 04:54 PM
Are they finally broadcasting in HD? Ha.

Very true... but I think it technically is HD, even if all they do is make the low-def broadcast a wide screen.

The best part of Fox being in the mix is ESPN doesn't have a complete monopoly on college football poll influence, but the same could be said about CBS and Versus, and they don't have crappy broadcast quality in the high def. :mad:

LASooner
3/28/2011, 08:10 PM
Can Sterling Archer be the play-by-play guy?

And this is why we have ants.

Ruf/Nek7
3/28/2011, 09:20 PM
Please let it be before "The League" nothing better than watching OU kick some arse and then laughing my drunk self silly watching taco and gang's crazy antics.

85sooners
3/29/2011, 09:40 AM
Fx is the bomb

JLEW1818
3/29/2011, 09:59 AM
Please let it be before "The League" nothing better than watching OU kick some arse and then laughing my drunk self silly watching taco and gang's crazy antics.

2 great seasons so far.

bigger question... what will happen to the show, if the lockout stays?

Ruf/Nek7
3/29/2011, 05:54 PM
2 great seasons so far.

bigger question... what will happen to the show, if the lockout stays?

Thats more dooming than 2012! :eek:

bri
3/29/2011, 07:41 PM
And this is why we have ants.

DANGAAA ZONE!