PDA

View Full Version : Lon Kruger

Vegas Sooner
3/28/2011, 05:00 AM
Can't go back to VCU b/c of Capel. Is it possible to get Lon??? He knows the area.

I do not want a coach who dreams of being the Texas Coach ....BUZZ-kill. You can look it up.

OUmillenium
3/28/2011, 10:31 AM
He would be solid, not a fan in 88 when they beat us up there but became a fan as he proved how great of a coach he is. KSU had a great run that year.

badger
3/28/2011, 10:49 AM
I do not want a coach who dreams of being the Texas Coach ....BUZZ-kill. You can look it up.

You know, DKR probably once dreamed of taking Bud's job after being an All-American here and all. Hook em

zandozan
3/28/2011, 01:00 PM
Can't go back to VCU b/c of Capel.

Why not? Capel has absolutely nothing to do with Shaka. Shaka wasn't on staff when Capel was there, he was at Clemson then Florida under Billy Donovan. To not consider a coach simply because he comes from the same school as the one you just fired is not logical.

Soonerjeepman
3/28/2011, 01:03 PM
Why not? Capel has absolutely nothing to do with Shaka. Shaka wasn't on staff when Capel was there, he was at Clemson then Florida under Billy Donovan. To not consider a coach simply because he comes from the same school as the one you just fired is not logical.

agreed...I like his style...

hell, he beat OU this past yr and KU...not bad..

Quik Sand
3/28/2011, 02:29 PM
Much rather have Smart than Kruger. Kruger will not generate any fan interest.

badger
3/28/2011, 02:53 PM
Lon, the current UNLV coach, has five-straight postseason trips (even if the one in 2009 was to the NIT) but was hit/miss before then, with the Illini (had a 14-win seasons to go with his 20+ win seasons the other three years) and Florida (only one 20+ win season, when UF went to '94 final four). I am not sure if he was fired by Florida after that last 17-win season or not, but he was fired from his only pro job, with the Atlanta Hawks. Cool that he played both baseball and basketball at KSU though.

starclassic tama
3/28/2011, 03:07 PM

this is true in theory, but in practice there is just absolutely zero chance any AD would do that.

TheHumanAlphabet
3/28/2011, 06:26 PM
I am not sure about Kruger, but I wouldn't hold getting fired from the pidgeons as a bad thing. ATL sux for pro sports, always has...

P.S. I am from ATL.

Vegas Sooner
3/29/2011, 02:54 AM
Much rather have Smart than Kruger. Kruger will not generate any fan interest.

Joe C will not go back to the same well.

Gandalf_The_Grey
3/29/2011, 03:46 AM
What does fan interest have to do with a hiring a coach? I know when we hired Bob Stoops, I was trying to get my dial up to load to so I could taunt the whole world via ICQ. No, I had no damn clue who he really was. I just started to like him when he insulted Kabba and talked about being 1-0 and worrying about the rest later.

Vegas Sooner
4/2/2011, 02:21 AM
YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST = Blue Iris

LOVE IT!!!!

starrca23
4/2/2011, 08:44 AM
If he can recruit he will do fine.

Vegas Sooner
4/2/2011, 05:45 PM
....It would be fantastic if he brings back Top Dawg!

Soonerus
4/2/2011, 06:12 PM
I think he will do well at OU...

Quik Sand
4/2/2011, 07:37 PM
Boomer

Vegas Sooner
4/2/2011, 07:59 PM
I hope the students/alumni/fans-etc go to the games over the Thunder games.

StoopTroup
4/2/2011, 11:05 PM
Once he starts winning.....nobody will care about anything that happened between Kelvin and now.

Gandalf_The_Grey
4/3/2011, 03:18 AM
Nobody really cared during or before Kelvin either ;)

Vegas Sooner
4/3/2011, 03:54 AM
Nobody really cared during or before Kelvin either ;)

....when I was a student I went to the games. Kelvin was the man. Final Four, Hollis, Big 12 tourney champs, etc.

Soonerus
4/3/2011, 04:09 AM
Winning....

Vegas Sooner
4/3/2011, 04:48 AM
Winning....

Duh...

-Sheen

bluedogok
4/3/2011, 09:38 AM
I am not sure about Kruger, but I wouldn't hold getting fired from the pidgeons as a bad thing. ATL sux for pro sports, always has...

P.S. I am from ATL.
Hasn't pretty much every coach that has been at Atlanta been fired? Seems like he is just one of the many.

Eielson
4/3/2011, 11:04 AM
Once he starts winning.....nobody will care about anything that happened between Blake and now.

Fixed.

AlboSooner
4/3/2011, 02:51 PM
I hope the students/alumni/fans-etc go to the games over the Thunder games.

I don't think the Thunder is that big of a problem as it may appear. I know at least 10 people who live within 5 miles of LNC and don't go to the games. There are a ton of students around LNC, and they choose to stay at home rather than walk a mile to watch OU basketball.

I don't know the reasons, but even when Blake was there, LNC wasn't all that full. I believe consistent winning will cure some attendance problems.

OU_Sooners75
4/3/2011, 05:06 PM
I don't think the Thunder is that big of a problem as it may appear. I know at least 10 people who live within 5 miles of LNC and don't go to the games. There are a ton of students around LNC, and they choose to stay at home rather than walk a mile to watch OU basketball.

I don't know the reasons, but even when Blake was there, LNC wasn't all that full. I believe consistent winning will cure some attendance problems.

I think a lot of that is the LNC itself.

It has been mentioned numerous times on here. The LNC is not exactly a great arena for basketball.

It is too dark. The seats are too far from the court. There are some horrific seating that strains your view of the court.

I think they need to do a massive overhaul of the LNC and make it just for basketball.

87sooner
4/3/2011, 05:46 PM
I think a lot of that is the LNC itself.

It has been mentioned numerous times on here. The LNC is not exactly a great arena for basketball.

It is too dark. The seats are too far from the court. There are some horrific seating that strains your view of the court.

I think they need to do a massive overhaul of the LNC and make it just for basketball.

like which section?
makes me wonder if you've ever seen a game in the lnc.

OU_Sooners75
4/3/2011, 06:08 PM
like which section?
makes me wonder if you've ever seen a game in the lnc.

I have been to more than just basketball there. Wrestling tourneys and other events.

Strain as in being too far from court, not obstructed.

But, hell, I have terrible eyesight anyway so it could have just been me.

As far as section: Not exactly sure which it was we were sitting. But it was at one of the tips of the oval seating. Something like N4 or M4. It has been a couple/three years since I been there. Just moved back from Nebraska not too long ago.

Gandalf_The_Grey
4/4/2011, 12:13 AM
Can someone go ahead and start the Fire Lawn Cruger thread!