Collier11
3/27/2011, 10:36 PM
weird, Tressel ain been fired yet but they are offerin someone else a job, lol

Quik Sand
3/27/2011, 10:36 PM
Habitual line stepper

jumperstop
3/27/2011, 10:37 PM
Even if true that they offered 9 million a year (which I highly doubt), I don't think Stoops would leave before a MNC type season.

yermom
3/27/2011, 10:40 PM
i think we can find someone to win almost 11 games a year

agoo758
3/27/2011, 11:17 PM
Lol. I am going to humor this thread, though I am positive it is just a joke. I don't understand how players selling their own property like you and I do on Ebay is leading to all of this turmoil. I am still waiting for someone to come out and say how this is no damn big deal, let Tresell and the players serve their suspension, and then this over. But I am serious, this outrage over the players doing what they are otherwise allowed to do by law is really beginning to **** me off. If TOSU is going to fire the second best coach they have ever had and one of the greatest coaches in the game today. Then stoops would never work with that idiot organization and TOSU would deserve the inevitable meltdown of the next five seasons.

Soonerjeepman
3/27/2011, 11:32 PM
Lol. I am going to humor this thread, though I am positive it is just a joke. I don't understand how players selling their own property like you and I do on Ebay is leading to all of this turmoil. I am still waiting for someone to come out and say how this is no damn big deal, let Tresell and the players serve their suspension, and then this over. But I am serious, this outrage over the players doing what they are otherwise allowed to do by law is really beginning to **** me off. If TOSU is going to fire the second best coach they have ever had and one of the greatest coaches in the game today. Then stoops would never work with that idiot organization and TOSU would deserve the inevitable meltdown of the next five seasons.

I understand YOUR reasoning and actually kind of agree that the players should be able to sell that stuff.....but at the present time it is AGAINST the rules...and as far as the weasel...he KNEW about it and LIED. Guess those are ok traits to have?

BetterSoonerThanLater
3/27/2011, 11:34 PM
dont believe anything til you hear it from OUDavid ;)

boomersooner28
3/27/2011, 11:44 PM
TWITTER WARNING!!!!

jersey sooner
3/27/2011, 11:44 PM

There is absolutely no rational argument that someone can't sell their own property. And when your "boss" is hell bent on such stupidity, I don't have the slightest problem that he lied to their faces. And I bet Ohio State doesn't either. He makes them money and wins. So I'll go ahead and say. It is no damn big deal. "National Communists Against Athletes" [/the Boz]

Soonerjeepman
3/27/2011, 11:52 PM
There is absolutely no rational argument that someone can't sell their own property. And when your "boss" is hell bent on such stupidity, I don't have the slightest problem that he lied to their faces. And I bet Ohio State doesn't either. He makes them money and wins. So I'll go ahead and say. It is no damn big deal. "National Communists Against Athletes" [/the Boz]

I agree the rule is totally stupid...but enforce or change....

it's like the corporate tax here in the US...we are now the highest in the world...no wonder all our **** is gettin sent overseas...but congress just wants to keep it and let companies leave than to reduce and keep companies here.

mgsooner
3/27/2011, 11:56 PM
LMAO thanks for this i needed a good laugh

jumperstop
3/28/2011, 12:00 AM
Not saying these guys getting in trouble isn't stupid, but there is a logical reason behind it. Without the rule the school could let them "sell" their jerseys, helmets, or whatever to a booster for $100,000. Where do you draw the line? I would say it's easier to draw the line by not letting them sell anything than to try and determine what amount or what they are allowed to sell. Much easier for the NCAA to regulate if they just don't allow it. If they really want to sell their ring or jersey, just wait until you graduate when the NCAA can't touch you.

SouthTxSooner
3/28/2011, 12:02 AM
"Ohio State is a lateral move at best" - Bob Stoops

http://espn.go.com/blog/big12/post/_/id/14171/bob-stoops-bo-pelini-and-ohio-state

mgsooner
3/28/2011, 12:06 AM
did all the traffic this rumor generated crash the board?

jersey sooner
3/28/2011, 12:19 AM
I didn't think the players kept their helmets and jerseys. But even so, if a booster is going to give a kid $100,000 he doesn't need a game jersey as an excuse. And that wouldn't even stop the the booster from buying the kids ipod for $100,000 dollars.

jumperstop
3/28/2011, 12:23 AM
I didn't think the players kept their helmets and jerseys. But even so, if a booster is going to give a kid $100,000 he doesn't need a game jersey as an excuse. And that wouldn't even stop the the booster from buying the kids ipod for $100,000 dollars.

Green from UGA got suspended a game for selling his jersey. And they probably would get in a lot of trouble for selling any of their bowl gifts as well, even though a lot probably do.

AlbqSooner
3/28/2011, 06:11 AM
Tressel lied to the NCAA and possibly the University. He cannot be trusted. He does not feel that the rules apply to him. He sets a poor example for the young men whose maturation has been entrusted to him. He essentially challenges his employer to accept his lack of character or get rid of him.

Dez Bryant got a one year suspension for lying to the NCAA. If there is to be any consistency. Tressel deserves no less. Actually the case can be made that he deserves more, because he sets the example for all players and staff.

texaspokieokie
3/28/2011, 07:02 AM
it wasn't for 5 YEARS, only the 1st 5 GAMES !!!!!

swardboy
3/28/2011, 07:05 AM
Tejas can only hope.....

BOOMERBRADLEY
3/28/2011, 08:10 AM
The offer has been upped to 5 years 45 billion

Mississippi Sooner
3/28/2011, 08:36 AM
The offer has been upped to 5 years 45 billion

I guess that settles it. The only team that could top that offer would be the damn Yankees.

oudavid1
3/28/2011, 11:18 AM
dont believe anything til you hear it from OUDavid ;)

TWITTER WARNING!!!!

man your battle-stations!!!!

colinreturn
3/28/2011, 02:46 PM
"Ohio State is a lateral move at best" - Bob Stoops

http://espn.go.com/blog/big12/post/_/id/14171/bob-stoops-bo-pelini-and-ohio-state

man that rittenberg guy must not like OU.

fwsooner22
3/28/2011, 02:49 PM
Waitn for OUD confirm.

oudavid1
3/28/2011, 02:55 PM
Waitn for OUD confirm.

my source gave me the finger. He told me to go tweet about it.

Collier11
3/28/2011, 02:56 PM
he only gave you the finger cus you bent over...just sayin :D

sooner_born_1960
3/28/2011, 03:00 PM
jumpstop is the most correct poster in this thread.

Sooner Cal
3/28/2011, 04:27 PM
All due respect, but if college football becomes a bidding war for talent we will be on the short end of the stick. Those of you who think it's no big deal probably aren't big donors and wouldn't pony up big bucks to secure a great athlete. It isn't the amount that makes it a violation, it's the act of selling. When you accept a scholarship you agree to abide by the rules. The players screwed up and they knew they were doing it. Tressel screwed up too and he should get a year ban.

With all the tatoos we see on athletes today, there is an excellent chance that most are getting money. How else do they pay thousands of dollars for the "artwork" that adorns their bodies.

I have a better idea, no Bowl gifts and no chmpionship rings.

JLEW1818
3/28/2011, 04:34 PM
BAN TATOOS!!!!!!

FIRE VENABLES!!!!

agoo758
3/28/2011, 04:40 PM
Not saying these guys getting in trouble isn't stupid, but there is a logical reason behind it. Without the rule the school could let them "sell" their jerseys, helmets, or whatever to a booster for $100,000. Where do you draw the line? I would say it's easier to draw the line by not letting them sell anything than to try and determine what amount or what they are allowed to sell. Much easier for the NCAA to regulate if they just don't allow it. If they really want to sell their ring or jersey, just wait until you graduate when the NCAA can't touch you.

Why are people like you so against players collecting any money whatsoever? What if an NCAA-like institution was set up at your place of work and they declared that it is illegal for you to receive any payments from your employer? Would you agree with that? Didn't think so.

jersey sooner
3/28/2011, 06:03 PM
Why are people like you so against players collecting any money whatsoever? What if an NCAA-like institution was set up at your place of work and they declared that it is illegal for you to receive any payments from your employer? Would you agree with that? Didn't think so.

In a cut-throat capitalistic society, there is no rational reason that you can tell a person they're not allowed to make money.

sooner_born_1960
3/28/2011, 06:05 PM
The idea that players should be allowed to sell "their stuff" is stupid.

jersey sooner
3/28/2011, 06:07 PM
lol

Ruf/Nek7
3/28/2011, 07:25 PM
http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h470/bgolden7/farked.jpg

agoo758
3/28/2011, 07:47 PM
I put David on my ignore list for a reason. Please don't post his tweets for him. :(

CobraKai
3/28/2011, 09:21 PM

But that isn't what happened at all. They joined an organization that already had that rule in place. They are not forced to go to college. My company allows me to accept free expensive dinners from vendors. State congressmen are not. If I want that benefit I know in advance a career in the state legislature is not a wise choice.

Would you be OK with Phil Knight posting a tweet saying he will pay $1,000,000 for a game worn Oregon jersey from any 5 star high school recruit. Think TCU could compete against Oregon for a 5 star recruit?

yermom
3/28/2011, 09:26 PM
it would be hard to compete with TBP, Snoop Dogg, Nike and Walmart

oudavid1
3/28/2011, 11:18 PM
I put David on my ignore list for a reason. Please don't post his tweets for him. :(

http://arthropoda.southernfriedscience.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/facepalm.jpg

It wasnt a real tweet.

PhiDeltBeers
3/29/2011, 07:56 AM
I always thought rules were made to be broken?

Seamus
3/29/2011, 11:19 AM
BAN TATOOS!!!!!!

Huh? Wha ... ?

http://www.wearysloth.com/Gallery/ActorsV/17666-12135.gif