PDA

View Full Version : Convicts vs. Kids

Lott's Bandana
3/27/2011, 06:21 PM
On one side of the bracket are the two old cheaters from traditional programs.

On the other side resides the young shavers from mid-Majors.

Who ya got and do the coaches sway your vote?

:pop:

usmc-sooner
3/27/2011, 06:33 PM
basketball is dirty at all levels including HS.

soonervegas
3/27/2011, 06:40 PM
The fact that Calipari is allowed to coach anywhere, much less Kentucky, shows you what all is wrong with college basketball right now. Haven't Umass and Memphis final four appearances both been stripped?

Quik Sand
3/27/2011, 07:05 PM
And at somepoint the banner from this year will probably be pulled as well.

Soonerjeepman
3/27/2011, 07:22 PM
The fact that Calipari is allowed to coach anywhere, much less Kentucky, shows you what all is wrong with college basketball right now. Haven't Umass and Memphis final four appearances both been stripped?

how does he get away with the graduation thing? I mean, eventually are they NOT suppose to pull schollys for kids not finishing..no matter what they do?

OU_Sooners75
3/27/2011, 07:41 PM
how does he get away with the graduation thing? I mean, eventually are they NOT suppose to pull schollys for kids not finishing..no matter what they do?

Well, when you (the coach) are not at a school very long...it really does not hurt their graduation rate.

Calipari is one of the most crooked coaches in the game and the NCAA turns a blind eye to what he does.

First UMASS and then Memphis. Kentucky will be in hot water within a couple of seasons and Calipari will leave. And the NCAA will punish the school not the coach!

SoonerDood
3/27/2011, 08:18 PM
Well, when you (the coach) are not at a school very long...it really does not hurt their graduation rate.

Calipari is one of the most crooked coaches in the game and the NCAA turns a blind eye to what he does.

First UMASS and then Memphis. Kentucky will be in hot water within a couple of seasons and Calipari will leave. And the NCAA will punish the school not the coach!

Kentucky didn't care in the 50s with Adolf, didn't care in the 80s with "Saint Eddie" and won't care in the 10s with the Teflon Don Calipari.

OU_Sooners75
3/27/2011, 08:20 PM
Kentucky didn't care in the 50s with Adolf, didn't care in the 80s with "Saint Eddie" and won't care in the 10s with the Teflon Don Calipari.

No they wont...but it should still reflect on Calipari, not so much on the schools.

I mean the schools should also be held responsible, but when a coach has left a team on probation wherever he has been, then the NCAA should see a pattern.

Hell, the first time Sampson got in trouble, he was put on probation. The second time he was banned for 5 years.

Calipari got nothing...but the schools did.

yankee
3/27/2011, 08:22 PM
I wish the 2 cinderellas weren't playing each other. I want both Calhoun and Calipari to lose. Can't stand both of them.

OU_Sooners75
3/27/2011, 08:26 PM
I wish the 2 cinderellas weren't playing each other. I want both Calhoun and Calipari to lose. Can't stand both of them.

They may both still lose...just not in the Final Four!

Sooner95
3/27/2011, 09:57 PM
Personally I do not consider Butler a Cinderella team. They are good and probably have the best "overall" team of any of them.

I'd rather have Uconn win, just becuase Kemba brings that superstar status to the game, and although VCU has had a hell of a run, Butler would fair better in the title game. They have been there.

Kentucky can choke on it.