PDA

View Full Version : We're now discussing Baylor vs Texas and 52" tvs

Leroy Lizard
3/26/2011, 09:23 PM
Why can't we save this time of year for playoff arguments? Why do we burn up valuable football-season hours on it? Same goes for hazing and NCAA rules arguments.

No, I'm not requesting we hash over that crap, but if we're going to do it why not wait until we're so bored ****-less that we try to poll each other on Sooner namesakes?

OU Engineer
3/26/2011, 09:30 PM
look all I wanna know is why I got negged for asking to move the "capel fired" thread from football to basketball where it belongs.

Other than that Leroy I don't understand your argument.

picasso
3/26/2011, 09:34 PM
Why can't we save this time of year for playoff arguments? Why do we burn up valuable football-season hours on it? Same goes for hazing and NCAA rules arguments.

No, I'm not requesting we hash over that crap, but if we're going to do it why not wait until we're so bored ****-less that we try to poll each other on Sooner namesakes?
Who's discussing anything about Baylor? I brought that back up because I was watching the video earlier and wanted a dig at Texas.
If you don't like it what say you and your troll handles bugger off. And get your hand out of your pants.

JLEW1818
3/26/2011, 09:36 PM
Leroy is a pure saint.

i wanna see him... naked ...

toast
3/26/2011, 09:50 PM
and just to think I was going to name one of my pets after Leroy

yankee
3/26/2011, 09:54 PM

You like fish sticks.

Quik Sand
3/26/2011, 09:56 PM
:gary:

:pop:

oudavid1
3/26/2011, 10:00 PM
and while were at it, where do i get a Boomer Sooner ringtone?

jersey sooner
3/26/2011, 10:04 PM
I'm pro-playoff :P ;) :D :O :) :( :confused: :mad: :rolleyes: :cool: :eek:

yankee
3/26/2011, 10:06 PM
and while were at it, where do i get a Boomer Sooner ringtone?

lol I'm glad you finally figured that one out.

Quik Sand
3/26/2011, 10:07 PM
Takes a powerful sedative to go more than two levels of dreams.

Leroy Lizard
3/26/2011, 10:19 PM
and just to think I was going to name one of my pets after Leroy

Close call.

agoo758
3/26/2011, 11:20 PM
Ideas to replace what we have the playoff system are more flawed than the system we have. No one wants the BCS to decide top 8 or whatever teams because apparently it is a work of the devil, and no one wants the human polls to do it either. No one has a feasible solution, and this is the best system we got. Next Question.

jersey sooner
3/26/2011, 11:23 PM
Ideas to replace what we have the playoff system are more flawed than the system we have. No one wants the BCS to decide top 8 or whatever teams because apparently it is a work of the devil, and no one wants the human polls to do it either. No one has a feasible solution, and this is the best system we got. Next Question.

6 conference winners, best non-aq/independent, 3 wildcard (highest rankings)

Leroy Lizard
3/27/2011, 12:25 AM
Oh no, what have I done?!?!

I know what I've done. Hee hee hee!

BoulderSooner79
3/27/2011, 12:29 AM
Playoffs should be watched on a 52" TV

Baylor whipping the horns should be watched on something bigger.

jersey sooner
3/27/2011, 12:34 AM
Lizzy, I would love to hear your "diatribe about college football playoff schemes"

BoulderSooner79
3/27/2011, 12:36 AM
Lizzy, I would love to hear your "diatribe about college football playoff schemes"

There is no god.

Quik Sand
3/27/2011, 12:51 AM
heh

oudavid1
3/27/2011, 01:06 AM
Oh no, what have I done?!?!

I know what I've done. Hee hee hee!

yes!

Jacie
3/27/2011, 07:53 AM

There are plenty of feasible solutions. They would require the money-grubbers who run the bowl system to surrender the reins, however . . .

Leroy Lizard
3/27/2011, 12:18 PM
There are plenty of feasible solutions. They would require the money-grubbers who run the bowl system to surrender the reins, however . . .

Oooooh, we invoke the boogey man.

jersey sooner
3/27/2011, 01:19 PM
One part of this discussion is being left out in the cold. I just recently gave "Death To The BCS" a quick glance, and I acknowledge that there are quite a few obstacles in the way of a playoff. But all we seem to be talking about is what "can be." Why aren't we also talking about what "should be"? Let's take money out of the equation for a minute. Hell, let's take the issue of more games interfering with academics and the issue of bowls out too. In this little perfect world scenario, how would you like to see college football setup. Do the elderly like the way it used to be where a champion was voted after the bowls were played (the way my dad tells it, new years day must have been ****in sweet!)? Do you guys like the way it is now with the 2 highest ranked teams playing one game for all the marbles? Do you prefer a plus one, a 4 team playoff, 8 team, etc.......? Talking about just the game of college football itself, how does SF think a NC should be crowned?

MamaMia
3/27/2011, 01:38 PM

No, I'm not requesting we hash over that crap, but if we're going to do it why not wait until we're so bored ****-less that we try to poll each other on Sooner namesakes?Is this an official bored meeting? :pop:

Leroy Lizard
3/27/2011, 02:25 PM
One part of this discussion is being left out in the cold. I just recently gave "Death To The BCS" a quick glance, and I acknowledge that there are quite a few obstacles in the way of a playoff. But all we seem to be talking about is what "can be." Why aren't we also talking about what "should be"? Let's take money out of the equation for a minute. Hell, let's take the issue of more games interfering with academics and the issue of bowls out too. In this little perfect world scenario, how would you like to see college football setup. Do the elderly like the way it used to be where a champion was voted after the bowls were played (the way my dad tells it, new years day must have been ****in sweet!)? Do you guys like the way it is now with the 2 highest ranked teams playing one game for all the marbles? Do you prefer a plus one, a 4 team playoff, 8 team, etc.......? Talking about just the game of college football itself, how does SF think a NC should be crowned?

In an ideal world, at least for me, the season passes and you have a bunch of bowl champions proud of beating their well-matched opponent in a season finale hosted in a swell vacation spot. The games are not marred by suspensions and the teams (and fans) behave like they have an ounce of sportsmanship.

After all the games are played, various organizations will announce which team they think was the best, and one or two awards will naturally rise to the top of prominence. Fans will then argue the merits of the award until the following season. On occasion, two teams will split the title and two fan bases go home happy.

That to me is college football.

SoonerLB
3/27/2011, 02:33 PM

Heh! And when we get it figured out, we can all watch Baylor beat saXet and then the playoffs on our new 52" TV's! ;)

Jacie
3/27/2011, 03:06 PM
Oooooh, we invoke the boogey man.

You retired that title a long time ago.

Leroy Lizard
3/27/2011, 03:15 PM
You retired that title a long time ago.

Sorry, Jacie, but I just don't buy this notion that there is greatness out there, but we can't have them because there are evil beings who want to keep the bad way of doing things for their own benefit.

In the past we've called this person "the Man" and "the Establishment." We would all be great successes today, but "the Man" keeps us down. So why even try?

It's just an excuse to fail.

There are no monsters in the closet. We don't have a playoff today because right now no one has a way of pulling it off without causing more problems then it solves.

swardboy
3/27/2011, 03:36 PM
This thread is worthless without pics from a 52" tv screen.

Jacie
3/27/2011, 03:46 PM
I am watching greatness (VCU & Kansas) right now. CBS paid big bucks for the right to broadcast these games.

In the bowl system, the schools get the crumbs doled out by the bowls. Interesting that in another thread you decry how awful it is that athletes are given scholarships yet see nothing wrong with them making a boatload of money for these bowl games that are controlled in each case by a handful of men, who are not accountable to anyone or anything. There are no rules for them. They set the ticket prices and require the schools to do the work of selling them or pay for them. Think the bowl system is so great? Anyone can host a bowl. New ones crop up every year. There are so many that last season there almost were not enough eligible teams to play in them. I suppose if the number of bowls increase to the point that they exceed the number of schools in the FBS, there would be some competition among them to lure teams to play, which might increase bowl payouts.

In an era when college football was as close to an amateur sport as it could reasonable be expected to be, the bowls, fewer in number, fulfilled a purpose. They made some matchups possible that otherwise would never have occurred, they allowed people in different parts of the country to see the good teams play and were a reward for those teams that did well.

The game is different now. Rightly or wrongly, the outcome of the season has taken on a life of it's own. The money is the thing and why it should go to the bowl sponsors instead of the schools is beyond me but apparently you have no problem with it.

Quik Sand
3/27/2011, 04:05 PM
:gary: vs. :oink:

:pop:

MyT Oklahoma
3/27/2011, 04:38 PM
VCU 71.. KU 61. Somebody had to say it. :D

85sooners
3/27/2011, 05:12 PM
Bcs can suck it

oudavid1
3/27/2011, 09:40 PM