PDA

View Full Version : Defecating dog sparks shootout

AlboSooner
3/26/2011, 11:01 AM
wo neighbours in the US state of Mississippi drew weapons and fired at each other as an argument over a defecating dog ran out of control.

Associated Press news agency said Jerry Blasingame, 60, has been charged with assault for shooting Terry Tehnet, 52, with a shotgun.

Mr Tehnet was angry because he thought Mr Blasingame's dog had defecated on his lawn, in a rural part of the state.

Mr Tehnet, whose injuries are not life-threatening, may also be charged.

The two men gave AP different versions of what happened.
'Meet me at the levee'

Mr Tehnet said he visited his neighbour to complain about dog "poop" on his property.

Mr Blasingame blamed him for shooting his dog the week before, Mr Tehnet said, and told him: "Just meet me at the levee and I'll shoot you down."

Mr Blasingame told AP he got his gun and drove off but Mr Tehnet did not follow so he returned to the neighbourhood.

The two men confronted one another again and each claimed the other produced a weapon first.

"He shot twice, I returned fire," said Mr Blasingame.

Mr Tehnet said Mr Blasingame opened fire first with his shotgun so he took his pistol from his car and fired back.

He said he was hit in both hands, the shoulder, chest and side by shotgun pellets, AP reported.

Washington County Chief Deputy Sheriff Billy Barber said: "Homeowners and property owners need to respect each other's property... If a dog did that in your yard, call the law. Don't take matters into your own hands."http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-12869141

PhiDeltBeers
3/26/2011, 11:06 AM
Gotta love the state of Mississippi.

tulsaoilerfan
3/26/2011, 02:23 PM
People need to keep their damn dogs on their own property

Whet
3/26/2011, 02:35 PM
"911, what is your emergency?"
"My neighbor's dog just pooped in my yard!"
"Oh my! What is your address and the name of your neighbor, whose dog pooped in your yard?"
"My neighbor's name is Donny Buttstick and his dog's name is Fluffy!"
"We'll send an officer over right away with a pooper-scooper!"
"You better hurry because I saw Fluffy eating and he'll need to poop again!"

badger
3/26/2011, 03:48 PM
People do this all of the time in my front yard, letting their dogs go. They don't try to stop them, they just stand there and let them do their business... you should see the way they scatter when I open the front door though :)

yermom
3/26/2011, 04:11 PM
if you don't want a dog to **** in your yard, put up a fence.

if you have a dog that you don't want shot, keep it in a fence.

badger
3/26/2011, 04:14 PM
It's just the little speck of lawn that's between the sidewalk and the road that they usually go in... it's still irritating though, especially when it's doo doo and not urine :mad:

olevetonahill
3/26/2011, 04:23 PM
If yer livin in town and ya gonna take yer dog for a walk and they Poop pick the **** up when they are done .
If yer gonna live in the country and let yer dogs run loose, have a big enough place that they always poopin on yer property ..
Neighbor bitches about yer dog, do something to correct its behavior :cool:

Breadburner
3/26/2011, 04:26 PM
Plastic grocery bags are great for pickin up the poo....

olevetonahill
3/26/2011, 04:33 PM
Plastic grocery bags are great for pickin up the poo....

And there are so dayum many of em

Heh I remember back in da day and kid baggin yer groceries would ax ya Paper or Plastic
Id just say Choke a fish or kill a tree aint much difference:D

soonerbub
3/26/2011, 04:37 PM
The sh!tout at the levee
THIS TIME IT'S 4 REAL

cccasooner2
3/26/2011, 05:03 PM
Tehnet is a whiney guy that can't shoot a pistol worth a damn. He is a disgrace the the great state of Mississippi.

Leroy Lizard
3/26/2011, 05:18 PM
Real sharpshooters, I bet.

Chuck Bao
3/26/2011, 05:22 PM
There is no green in my low rent neighborhood, so the dogs poop on the street. At least in the rainy season, it gets washed away. During the dry season, I feel like I am walking in a cow pasture and I have to keep my eyes down watching where I step.

Whet
3/26/2011, 08:04 PM
When my white trash neighbors first moved in, they let their big dog poop in my yard, so I got a shovel and flung the crap back on their front porch. They did not let their dog crap in my yard again!

Leroy Lizard
3/26/2011, 09:02 PM
There is no green in my low rent neighborhood, so the dogs poop on the street. At least in the rainy season, it gets washed away. During the dry season, I feel like I am walking in a cow pasture and I have to keep my eyes down watching where I step.

You live in the low-rent neighborhood? I thought you were some kick-*** management super-executive dood.

C&CDean
3/26/2011, 09:08 PM
I'll be happy to let your dog **** in my front yard. Just take him home with you when he's done. Dog poop? No problem. Dumped dog? Big problem.

Chuck Bao
3/26/2011, 09:35 PM
You live in the low-rent neighborhood? I thought you were some kick-*** management super-executive dood.

Hey, I never said that. And, I love my neighborhood, as low rent as it is. They are all red shirts and we get along perfectly. When I walk down the street, everyone knows me and says hi and calls me by name.

Previously, I lived in a very upscale neighborhood and everyone lived behind big walls and only ventured out in their Mercedes. Not a wave or a smile or anything from them.

I prefer living where I do now and I know that if I needed help they would be there for me. Salt of the earth people, regardless of nationality, are the best. It is definitely not the rich people.

I just wish that they wouldn't allow their dogs to poop on the street or would clean up after them. And, I suspect that all of the dogs belong to the richer people living in the townhouses across the street. In my condo building or on my side of the street, I highly doubt if anyone has the luxury of owning a dog.

C&CDean
3/26/2011, 09:47 PM
Well they owned dogs, but they've eaten them all...

Leroy Lizard
3/26/2011, 10:24 PM
Hey, I never said that. And, I love my neighborhood, as low rent as it is. They are all red shirts and we get along perfectly.

Politics is mighty tough in Thailand. The political goon squads even red shirt.

What happens when the thugs use up their eligibility? Do you shoot 'em?

Leroy Lizard
3/26/2011, 10:25 PM

Even the mascots.

Leroy Lizard
3/26/2011, 10:26 PM
I prefer living where I do now and I know that if I needed help they would be there for me. Salt of the earth people, regardless of nationality, are the best.

I just hope my kids don't fall for this slummin' crap.

C&CDean
3/26/2011, 10:26 PM
Especially the mascots.

Chuck Bao
3/26/2011, 10:49 PM

Now, you are really pissing me off. Listen up, eating dogs is not acceptable in Thailand except for a few provinces bordering Lao and I highly doubt that my neighbors are from Sakhon Nakorn province. In the future, say China or Vietnam or Laos. I have been to markets in both China and Vietnam that sold dog meat. And, it is much more prevalent in those countries than Thailand.

olevetonahill
3/26/2011, 10:54 PM
Ive eaten dog before aint bad at all. But yer right Chuck that was in Nam

Chuck Bao
3/26/2011, 11:03 PM
I just hope my kids don't fall for this slummin' crap.

You are a bitch and deserved to be slapped down for that comment, Leroy. I am not slummin'. I love where I live because I love my neighbors, very unlike the snooty rich neighbors I had before. And, my condo unit is as nice as anybody's anywhere. So, I think that I live in the best of both worlds. I just don't have a swimming pool or exercise gym and have to deal with dog poo on the street. But, I can cope with that.

olevetonahill
3/26/2011, 11:09 PM
You are a bitch and deserved to be slapped down for that comment, Leroy. I am not slummin'. I love where I live because I love my neighbors, very unlike the snooty rich neighbors I had before. And, my condo unit is as nice as anybody's anywhere. So, I think that I live in the best of both worlds. I just don't have a swimming pool or exercise gym and have to deal with dog poo on the street. But, I can cope with that.

Limptard has to cope with Poop 'in" his mind cause hes **** for brains :D

Leroy Lizard
3/27/2011, 12:20 AM
You are a bitch and deserved to be slapped down for that comment, Leroy. I am not slummin'. I love where I live because I love my neighbors, very unlike the snooty rich neighbors I had before.

You are right out of Casting Central with your "One with the People" bull****. I would much rather live among rich people. They rock! They've done more. They've accomplished more. They have more to talk about. And I think they're nicer. Never been wronged by a rich person. They're the salt of the earth.

Who wants to hang out with a bunch of losers. People like... well... I'm trying to think of a good example... oh, wait...

Heh I remember back in da day and kid baggin yer groceries would ax ya Paper or Plastic
Id just say Choke a fish or kill a tree aint much difference

If I wanted to slum it by listening to people talk about their tattoos and how much they fart and did drugs, I would hang out, well, in the South Oval.

Oh, wait.

Chuck Bao
3/27/2011, 02:12 AM
You are right out of Casting Central with your "One with the People" bull****. I would much rather live among rich people. They rock! They've done more. They've accomplished more. They have more to talk about. And I think they're nicer. Never been wronged by a rich person. They're the salt of the earth.

Who wants to hang out with a bunch of losers. People like... well... I'm trying to think of a good example... oh, wait...

If I wanted to slum it by listening to people talk about their tattoos and how much they fart and did drugs, I would hang out, well, in the South Oval.

Oh, wait.

Dude, you are pissing me off. I don't like to be pissed off.

I have worked for and worked with some of the richest families in Thailand, some of whom make the Forbes list of richest in the world.

There is no point in dropping names here. Anyway, it would be wasted on you.

My main point is that I would never be accepted in that club, nor would I want to be. They will always consider me nothing more than just hired help, not any different than a maid or a butler. Even though I provided my intellectual help, they treated me like disposable garbage. Actually, they treat each other like that. I know for a fact that life is very miserable for some of them, as the pressure to excel and beat out their siblings is just too great.

Talk about winners. No thanks.

I am proud of my last name and coming from a farming family. I wouldn't trade my family for theirs even with all of that money.

Another thing is that the indigenous Thais are farmers. The mercantile class is largely composed of Chinese and they were historically considered lower than the farmers. But guess what, they cheated and swindled and eventually got very rich off of the indigenous Thai farmers. Thailand never tried to redress this like Malaysia did, but it did ban Chinese from being taught in schools for many years.

Excuse me, but I am more at home with the farmers. I was adopted by a farming family and they are some of the best people that I would ever want to meet.

So yeah, I am happy. You, Leroy, go your own way.

AlbqSooner
3/27/2011, 10:17 AM
[QUOTE=Chuck Bao;3183487]When I walk down the street, everyone knows me and says hi and calls me by name./QUOTE]

Please tell me they aren't calling out "Chuck Bao" when you walk down the street.;) :D

Chuck Bao
3/27/2011, 10:19 AM
[QUOTE=Chuck Bao;3183487]When I walk down the street, everyone knows me and says hi and calls me by name./QUOTE]

Please tell me they aren't calling out "Chuck Bao" when you walk down the street.;) :D

Heh! Gee, I hope not.

Leroy Lizard
3/27/2011, 12:28 PM
My main point is that I would never be accepted in that club, nor would I want to be. They will always consider me nothing more than just hired help, not any different than a maid or a butler.

So are you the top-flight manager dood, or not?

I think the resentment you have built against the wealthy is largely of your own doing. And may I say that it smacks of prejudice and being overly judgmental?

You need to break down the barriers to reach a common understanding.

http://a6.idata.over-blog.com/299x285/0/54/25/50/Divers3/Bob_Marley.jpg

rekamrettuB
3/27/2011, 12:41 PM
Wonder if Jerry Blasingame is any relation to Wade Blasingame?

Rcz4Sj3f0o4

MamaMia
3/27/2011, 02:12 PM
I live on the corner. I get all the beer cans, pop cans and doggy poop. I have a box of gloves and bags for the trash and a hose for the poop. Its not a big deal. I'm saving the ammo for intruders, and I'm a darn good shot.

There is a really bad place in hell for people who eat dogs!