PDA

View Full Version : Battle: Los Angeles

MR2-Sooner86
3/26/2011, 10:31 AM
Black Hawk Down/Saving Private Ryan meets E.T.

Yup, that's about it. Want to know something too? It kicks major ***!

PhiDeltBeers
3/26/2011, 10:37 AM
Good review!

;)

soonerinkaty
3/26/2011, 10:45 AM
It was a kick-*** movie. Good recruiting tool for the marines too:D

sooner59
3/26/2011, 11:31 AM
It did make you want to be a marine. That movie got me pumped to shoot something.

MR2-Sooner86
3/26/2011, 11:37 AM
It did make you want to be a marine. That movie got me pumped to shoot an illegal alien.

:eek:

JohnnyMack
3/26/2011, 06:07 PM
That movie was a flaming bag of poo on the doorstep of humanity.

oudavid1
3/26/2011, 06:20 PM
I gave it a B-. I thought the acting was mediocre. The plot wandered. The effects and military aspect were really really good. The ending could have been constructed with a little more kick ***.

SanJoaquinSooner
3/26/2011, 06:23 PM
I gave it a B-. I thought the acting was mediocre. The plot wandered. The effects and military aspect were really really good. The ending could have been constructed with a little more kick ***.

Are you the football guru I've heard so much about?

yankee
3/26/2011, 06:51 PM
I was really looking forward to the movie, but I thought it sucked big time. There were a couple of good scenes (the one with the marine and the bus comes to mind).

oudavid1
3/26/2011, 08:54 PM
Are you the football guru I've heard so much about?

http://publish.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/i-dont-know2.jpg

sooner59
3/26/2011, 11:18 PM

This is the only reason that I went to see it because I am not a ****ing dumbass that thought "Battle: Los Angeles" (about marines battling invading aliens) would have depth in plot and character development. Therefore, I give it an A+. :D

soonerinkaty
3/26/2011, 11:42 PM
This is the only reason that I went to see it because I am not a ****ing dumbass that thought "Battle: Los Angeles" (about marines battling invading aliens would have depth in plot and character development. Therefore, I give it an A+. :D

Amen. What he said.

usmc-sooner
3/26/2011, 11:45 PM
it was entertaining. made me want to be a Marine

oudavid1
3/27/2011, 01:07 AM
This is the only reason that I went to see it because I am not a ****ing dumbass that thought "Battle: Los Angeles" (about marines battling invading aliens) would have depth in plot and character development. Therefore, I give it an A+. :D

I feel ya

Why, the navy is waaaaaaaayyyyy cooler.

I Am Right
3/27/2011, 07:44 AM
Good movie

MR2-Sooner86
3/27/2011, 10:10 AM
That movie was a flaming bag of poo on the doorstep of humanity.

We know JM, every since you saw Titanic nothing will ever be good enough in your eyes in terms of depth, character development, and cinematography :rolleyes:

:D

JohnnyMack
3/27/2011, 02:56 PM
We know JM, every since you saw Titanic nothing will ever be good enough in your eyes in terms of depth, character development, and cinematography :rolleyes:

:D

The movie was entertaining. Poorly written and frustrating in terms of continuity, but entertaining.

OUmillenium
3/28/2011, 10:54 AM

Yeah, who goes to action/CGI movies expecting that crud? Blow stuff up on the big screen, I'll watch serious movies at home so I can fall asleep on the couch half way through.

TheHumanAlphabet
3/28/2011, 06:48 PM
Is it better than The Battle of Los Angeles on Syfy TV?

GDC
4/10/2011, 04:18 PM

The plot wandered? How exactly? It was pretty much 90 minutes of Marines fighting aliens, just as advertised.

GKeeper316
4/10/2011, 05:17 PM

me too. oorah.