PDA

View Full Version : 4 runs in 2 games against the worst team in the big 12?

oklasooners
3/25/2011, 10:01 PM
what is wrong with our offense? only 2 hits in the last 7 innings against the worst team in the conference? 4 runs in 20 innings? we looked like the best offensive team in the country the 1st 16 games, now we can hit that ball at all. At least our pitching looks solid.

Lott's Bandana
3/25/2011, 10:03 PM
They may have to leave Columbia with a split. Kelly mentioning that the wx looking bad all weekend.

TumbleweedDoom
3/25/2011, 10:06 PM
We suck. Right now, we just absolutely suck. Missouri will be lucky to have 3 or 4 conference wins this season, but they sure as heck got one of them from us. This season is spiraling down the f'n drain and the only thing worst than the way they are playing is watching this fundamentally moronic team try to play baseball with all the stupid mistakes.

oklasooners
3/25/2011, 10:17 PM
its hard to understand how we could play so well to start the season, then completely fall apart. we strike out more then any team I can ever remember. its crazy. we had 20 plus hits in multiple games in non-confernce..then it fell apart. I believe sunny will turn it around....at least its not pitching that is falling apart, hitting is easier to correct then pitching.

TumbleweedDoom
3/25/2011, 10:33 PM
If the season ended today, we'd be damned lucky to grab a 3 seed somewhere. DAMNED lucky with our current resume. This is supposed to be a team that's fighting for a national seed ... not to just make the NCAA Tournament.

Total breakdown in all aspects. As well as Sunny coached this team up last season, he's doing just as pitiful a job this season thus far. Luckily there's time left to re-write the narrative.

oklasooners
3/25/2011, 10:35 PM
I do think we will turn it around, I dont see this team calapsing like the OU basketball team. Sunny is a great coach and knows what he is doing. Hitting is easier then Pitching to fix. Our pitching is been great dispite our lack of hitting. Starting with tomorrows game, we should finish strong.

C&CDean
3/26/2011, 07:44 AM
If the season ended today, we'd be damned lucky to grab a 3 seed somewhere. DAMNED lucky with our current resume. This is supposed to be a team that's fighting for a national seed ... not to just make the NCAA Tournament.

Total breakdown in all aspects. As well as Sunny coached this team up last season, he's doing just as pitiful a job this season thus far. Luckily there's time left to re-write the narrative.

Sunny is the one up there striking out umpteen times, hitting pop flies to the infield, and looking completely and utterly clueless at the plate? And Sunny is the one who boots ground balls or throws the ball into the dugout? Who knew?

If you want to blame Sunny for something blame him for the lineup, or for playing small ball (small ball works if the players execute). Everything else right now is on the players. They better figure out wtf they're doing wrong and fix it, or we will be damned lucky to make the Big-12 tournament, let alone the NCAAs. I'm really hoping this is just a mega-slump that they'll play out of, but it's not looking real good right now...

Soonerjeepman
3/26/2011, 08:40 AM
JUST A THOUGHT....

was our competition less than stellar the first 16 games? not being a smarta$$...just curious...I know we played a FEW decent teams...that might have something to do with it as well...not all but some...

bufsa
3/26/2011, 10:11 AM
I love the fact that all of you sitting in your nice warm house typing on your computers say these kids suck because they didn't hit well in windy 26 degree wind chill factor weather. Baseball uniforms for cold weather are designed for the 50's and 60's, these guys had to be freezing. 30 people in the stands for the first (warmer) game should have told you something. I know everybody was counting on this weekend to be the "turn around" but we ran into some bad luck. I am just happy we got out of there without some cold weather related injuries such as pulled hamstrings.

C&CDean
3/26/2011, 10:20 AM
I love the fact that all of you sitting in your nice warm house typing on your computers say these kids suck because they didn't hit well in windy 26 degree wind chill factor weather. Baseball uniforms for cold weather are designed for the 50's and 60's, these guys had to be freezing. 30 people in the stands for the first (warmer) game should have told you something. I know everybody was counting on this weekend to be the "turn around" but we ran into some bad luck. I am just happy we got out of there without some cold weather related injuries such as pulled hamstrings.

Yes, it was cold. However, it wasn't cold in Norman last weekend, and it certainly wasn't cold in Tempe the week before. Nobody is saying "these kids suck." We're saying that they are playing like **** right now. That's a whole lot different than saying they suck. Why do you jump off a cliff?

bufsa
3/26/2011, 10:57 AM
"We suck. Right now, we just absolutely suck." was the exact wording. The pitcher in Tempe was their number one pitcher coming back after a layoff. He will be a first round pick. Even if you don't like to admit it A&M can throw 3 quality pitchers at you and are going to be tough for anybody this year. Was the wind blowing in? Those of you that live in OK should know how hard it was to look into a cold wind and see anything. I would have been scared to stand in there batting. Hey it may turn out that they do suck but I don't think you can judge it by this game.

rysooner
3/26/2011, 11:04 AM
I don't pretend to know what the problem is, but I do know one thing. This is the same team, minus one position player, a Friday starter and an excellent long relief guy, that went to Omaha last year. Two of the above mention items haven't come into play during the losing streak.

Bottom line, for whatever reason, is these guys - the same guys that were in Omaha and beat a national seed on their home yard last year - are not producing. This is where Sunny, Tim and Russell have to excel and bring these guys together, so they play like we have seen them play in the past.
Have they had some bad breaks, like opposing team's ducksnorts finding grass instead of leather, bad weather, etc., yes, they have. But, they've got to play through that and find a way to win.

The possibility of a national seed and super regional host is slipping quickly. Time for someone to step and take charge of this team and turn them around.

C&CDean
3/26/2011, 11:11 AM
"We suck. Right now, we just absolutely suck." was the exact wording. The pitcher in Tempe was their number one pitcher coming back after a layoff. He will be a first round pick. Even if you don't like to admit it A&M can throw 3 quality pitchers at you and are going to be tough for anybody this year. Was the wind blowing in? Those of you that live in OK should know how hard it was to look into a cold wind and see anything. I would have been scared to stand in there batting. Hey it may turn out that they do suck but I don't think you can judge it by this game.

I stand corrected. Someone did say that. And the more I think on it, he was correct. I mean you can't sugar coat it. Right now, we're sucking.

Lott's Bandana
3/26/2011, 11:47 AM
It was just as cold for the Misery players.

pphilfran
3/26/2011, 04:10 PM
HItting is contagious...they will come around....

Sooner95
3/26/2011, 04:56 PM
personally I'd rather be slumping now than in May. We have the talent to be better than this, it's a matter of will they.

We got some games coming up against weak sticks (I think KSU is worse than Mizzou) plus a couple of good non conf games. If we don't break out of this by the end of these next 8 games, then I'll be concerned.

bufsa
3/26/2011, 06:23 PM
It was just as cold for the Misery players. 100% correct and they did basicly the same as us. Terrible baseball weather. If they had done better than us then I would say it was us not the weather. But I do agree with one thing. With the length of a college season we had better be kicking butt pretty darn soon.

Snow
Feels like: 19°
High 35°
Low 26°

SOONER STEAKER
3/27/2011, 10:59 AM
BP pitchers needed. You can bet that the cages will be rocking today, this evening into the into early hours of Monday morning as well.

rekamrettuB
3/27/2011, 11:00 AM
People who follow baseball aren't surprised when a team slumps? They'll get out of it.

bcolston15
3/27/2011, 04:59 PM
Good thing the season doesn't end in March...

TumbleweedDoom
3/28/2011, 09:09 AM
We have an RPI sitting in the mid-40s after this weekend. That puts us sitting squarely at a three seed, and actually closer to a four seed than a two. Again, that's if the season ended today and there's a lot of narrative left to be written. But it's a glaring reminder of how disappointing we've been this season.

The time to turn it around is NOW. Arkansas will be a toughie on the road and Texas Tech has been surprisingly strong this season. We need to figure out how to do no worse than a 2-2 split this week, but if we're going to start turning things around, it'd be nice to figure out how to go 3-1. We go 3-1, and maybe the worm will start to turn.

bcolston15
3/28/2011, 10:35 AM
We have an RPI sitting in the mid-40s after this weekend. That puts us sitting squarely at a three seed, and actually closer to a four seed than a two. Again, that's if the season ended today and there's a lot of narrative left to be written. But it's a glaring reminder of how disappointing we've been this season.

The time to turn it around is NOW. Arkansas will be a toughie on the road and Texas Tech has been surprisingly strong this season. We need to figure out how to do no worse than a 2-2 split this week, but if we're going to start turning things around, it'd be nice to figure out how to go 3-1. We go 3-1, and maybe the worm will start to turn.

RPI is a misleading stat this time of year. We had a soft non-conference schedule which is holdig down the number. Now, it won't go much higher if we continue to lose to every good team we play, but as of now it's more about who we beat than it is who we lost to.