PDA

View Full Version : You know what this new spek feature reminds me of?

MamaMia
3/25/2011, 03:18 PM
When my mom use to make me hug the rat fink kid on the block who deserved the black eye I gave him, before I could go play with my cool friends again. :mad:

You have to give 15 speks to who the hell ever before you can spek your real peeps for saying something you agree with. Just turn the damn thing off if you cant spek the posts you like. Its stupid.

Lets all hold hands and sing Kumbaya. :rolleyes:

Oh and whats up with this not being able to post a poll unless you pay money? Is posting a poll some royal privilege on a message board now?

Boomer.....
3/25/2011, 03:23 PM
:pop:

MamaMia
3/25/2011, 03:24 PM
Well!? :D

Its making me frustrated. That cant be good. :P

yankee
3/25/2011, 03:25 PM
So should I spek or neg your post? I'm confused.

3rdgensooner
3/25/2011, 03:26 PM
{insert comment about sandy vaj here} ~random SF dude

MamaMia
3/25/2011, 03:27 PM
So should I spek or neg your post? I'm confused.Hey, if you're allowed to do either one, I'm all for it. :D

3rdgensooner
3/25/2011, 03:32 PM
I am singing Kumbaya now, 'cause I can't spek you.

NormanPride
3/25/2011, 03:34 PM
{insert some comment about being weird and stupid and how they're totally inferior in every way to SFers} ~some OUI person

3rdgensooner
3/25/2011, 03:38 PM
I finished Kumbaya and am commencing with "If you're happy and you know it"

NormanPride
3/25/2011, 03:40 PM
Those songs always made me nervous. I always thought someone was going to go ballistic because it was so boring. Mostly, that someone was me.

MamaMia
3/25/2011, 03:40 PM
{insert some comment about being weird and stupid and how they're totally inferior in every way to SFers} ~some OUI person

They wont be happy until they've changed this whole place to suit themselves.

MamaMia
3/25/2011, 03:50 PM
Look, I like some of the n00bs, but I also liked the spek just the way it was. If someone is abusing it by red jihading someone, then give them a time out but don't let them change stuff by their actions. If some of the old timers are doing it, then stop that!

Anyway, thanks a lot to those of you who caused this, n00b or not. You ruined it for the rest of us. Are you happy now? :mad:

Speking folks for saying things you liked was a friendly thing. It was fun.

3rdgensooner
3/25/2011, 03:53 PM
Look, I like some of the n00bs, but I also liked the spek just the way it was. If someone is abusing it by red jihading someone, then give them a time out
Or turn off the negative spek and make positive the only option.

Mjcpr
3/25/2011, 03:54 PM

Good idea, Sandy!

:D

The Profit
3/25/2011, 03:54 PM

Not a bad idea.

KuppiKunta
3/25/2011, 03:55 PM
I finished Kumbaya and am commencing with "If you're happy and you know it"

I clapped AND stomped my feet!!

MamaMia
3/25/2011, 03:56 PM

If thats possible. That would be good. :)

You must spread some reputation around before giving it to 3rdgensooner again. :mad:

3rdgensooner
3/25/2011, 03:57 PM
Good idea, Sandy!

:D
I prefer Pebbles.

NormanPride
3/25/2011, 03:58 PM
Ouch...

JohnnyMack
3/25/2011, 04:00 PM
Spek is for homos.

MamaMia
3/25/2011, 04:07 PM
Spek is for homos. You haven't turned your spek feature off, so is there something you would like to share with the rest of the class? :pop:

3rdgensooner
3/25/2011, 04:09 PM
I am not a lesbian.

My Opinion Matters
3/25/2011, 04:10 PM
You humans are strange creatures.

The Profit
3/25/2011, 04:11 PM
I am heterosexual. Can I play?

3rdgensooner
3/25/2011, 04:12 PM
I am heterosexual. Can I play?Depends....how much sand you carrying?

The Profit
3/25/2011, 04:13 PM
Depends....how much sand you carrying?

I have plenty of sand, and it is 20-40 mesh rounded silica. Hey, in sand talk, that is almost like saying I have a big ....

JohnnyMack
3/25/2011, 04:14 PM
You haven't turned your spek feature off, so is there something you would like to share with the rest of the class? :pop:

Yes, that I love Mongo and Howzit man meat WAYYYYY too much to turn off spek and miss out on the lovely comments they post about their brown eyes.

MamaMia
3/25/2011, 04:18 PM
Yes, that I love Mongo and Howzit man meat WAYYYYY too much to turn off spek and miss out on the lovely comments they post about their brown eyes.Aren't they a little above your station?

JohnnyMack
3/25/2011, 04:31 PM
Aren't they a little above your station?

We take turns being on top.

Curly Bill
3/25/2011, 04:38 PM
SPEK to mama for pointing out the dumassedness of the new spek.

...and neg spek is good, some peeps just have it coming. :D

NormanPride
3/25/2011, 04:41 PM
FIRE VENABLES!!!

SoonerStormchaser
3/25/2011, 04:45 PM
Que pasa?

Partial Qualifier
3/25/2011, 04:52 PM
What is spek??

Baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me..

no mo

http://blogs.chron.com/tubular/archives/a-night-at-the-roxbury.gif

MamaMia
3/25/2011, 04:55 PM
SPEK to mama for pointing out the dumassedness of the new spek.

...and neg spek is good, some peeps just have it coming. :D Its just so much easier to send quick messages back and forth using the spek feature instead of having to hassle with sending pms when you just want to say a quick sentence, especially when you only get a small amount of pms anyway.
[I]What is spek??

For me anyway, like I said...its more of just a quick way of talking back and forth.

texaspokieokie
3/25/2011, 04:56 PM
i just quit giving spek.

NormanPride
3/25/2011, 05:00 PM
Married?

jk the sooner fan
3/25/2011, 05:06 PM
Spek is for homos.

the pus.....err, posse is going to be really angry with you

soonerchk
3/25/2011, 05:15 PM
When my mom use to make me hug the rat fink kid on the block who deserved the black eye I gave him, before I could go play with my cool friends again. :mad:

You have to give 15 speks to who the hell ever before you can spek your real peeps for saying something you agree with. Just turn the damn thing off if you cant spek the posts you like. Its stupid.

Lets all hold hands and sing Kumbaya. :rolleyes:

Oh and whats up with this not being able to post a poll unless you pay money? Is posting a poll some royal privilege on a message board now?

Oh good, I figured they just took it away from us noob types. And I can't spek you yet, but it will be really good when I can, I promise!

{insert comment about sandy vaj here} ~random SF dude

Any dude on any board would also work.

Its just so much easier to send quick messages back and forth using the spek feature instead of having to hassle with sending pms when you just want to say a quick sentence, especially when you only get a small amount of pms anyway.For me anyway, like I said...its more of just a quick way of talking back and forth.

Yeah, me too. And since I have a very tiny PM box, this could become a problem. Oh well, I've survived worse board restrictions.

SoonerStormchaser
3/25/2011, 05:17 PM

Get banned from Slickdawg's site? What gives with the hate?

NormanPride
3/25/2011, 05:18 PM
Oh ****, here it goes again...

MamaMia
3/25/2011, 05:21 PM
soonerchk..the new rule is that you have to neg 15 people before you can send a little note to a buddy using the spek feature. :D

Scott D
3/25/2011, 05:21 PM
honestly? I don't see the uproar...this is how it was before, and how it should have remained. this change is long overdue, and the only other huge mistake made with the reputation feature was at one time it being tied into the vbookie.

soonerchk
3/25/2011, 05:22 PM
soonerchk..the new rule is that you have to neg 15 people before you can send a little note using the spek feature. :D

I see candidates in this here thread...

Turd_Ferguson
3/25/2011, 05:30 PM
Spek is for homos.Must be why your at dignity and humility...:D

jk the sooner fan
3/25/2011, 05:54 PM
Get banned from Slickdawg's site? What gives with the hate?

hate? it's stupid, idiotic and sophomoric

but i dont have the energy to hate it

SoonerKnight
3/25/2011, 06:06 PM

kinda :texan:

Partial Qualifier
3/25/2011, 06:22 PM
it will be really good when I can, I promise!

Any dude on any board would also work.

I have a very tiny PM box

:hot:

C&CDean
3/25/2011, 06:27 PM
1 word. Take it up with the HMFIC. Wait, that was like 27 words...

OU_Sooners75
3/25/2011, 06:32 PM

So if someone trolls or flames you can just give them positive spek?

Not really sure why everyone is all butt hurt about the spek rule changes.

:texan:

OU_Sooners75
3/25/2011, 06:35 PM

Seems someone has an obsession.

Not really surprised.

MamaMia
3/25/2011, 06:36 PM
1 word. Take it up with the HMFIC. Wait, that was like 27 words...8 clicks as opposed to just 2. Thats the difference in sending a pm instead of really fun quick notes back and forth using the spek feature. Thats not even counting getting back to the thread you were in. Now, you cant even send quick notes back and forth at all without using the skimpy pm feature thats fills up quicker than a posse members beer stein on game day. :D

It would be nice if we could put it back and just time out the creeps who use the spek feature to flame jihad. :)

Partial Qualifier
3/25/2011, 06:47 PM
8 clicks as opposed to just 2. Thats the difference in sending a pm instead of really fun quick notes back and forth using the spek feature. Thats not even counting getting back to the thread you were in.

Mama, it only takes two clicks at most to read a PM. And two clicks to send a PM. And you didn't mention: you have to check your control panel for spek comments, and another 1 or 2 clicks to get back to a refreshed thread so your 8-vs-2.. it's got me all perplex0red

Taking away red spek is the best solution, although I bet Phil has better things to worry about (as we all should)

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
3/25/2011, 06:50 PM
Speking folks for saying things you liked was a friendly thing. It was fun.Also, an easy way to communicate. All I know now is that spekking is effed up, some way or another, and it's a waste of time to try and spek someone, to find out you're not allowed to for somebody's unknown reason. I don't leave neg spek, anyway, unless it's retaliatory.(FWIW)

Mixer!
3/25/2011, 07:07 PM
Any bets that spek will soon be limited to just 30 characters? :pop:

MamaMia
3/25/2011, 07:08 PM
Mama, it only takes two clicks at most to read a PM. And two clicks to send a PM. And you didn't mention: you have to check your control panel for spek comments, and another 1 or 2 clicks to get back to a refreshed thread so your 8-vs-2.. it's got me all perplex0red

Taking away red spek is the best solution, although I bet Phil has better things to worry about (as we all should)

I counted by sending a test message to achiro. :D
You have to click on their avatar

Click on send a personal message

Click to write a title which is a step you dont have to do with the spek feature

Click to write the message

Click to submit

Click back to the forum or use the BACK button

Click back to the thread and

Click to find the poster you're talking to again to talk back and forth and
Then click to read their response and so on and so on. Its a hassle and not near as much fun.

Expressing oneself...I like to do it fast, in and out and be done with it. Having to spek people I dont hardly know just for the sake of speking, so I can spek someone I really like makes me feel all dirty inside.

MamaMia
3/25/2011, 07:57 PM
Any bets that spek will soon be limited to just 30 characters? :pop: I'm guessing that the next restriction will be how many speks we can send in a day.

Boarder
3/25/2011, 08:12 PM
All you have to do is use the magic phrase: YMSSRA.

Just as has been done many times before. (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/search.php?searchid=787068&pp=25)

Curly Bill
3/25/2011, 08:52 PM
1 word. Take it up with the HMFIC. Wait, that was like 27 words...

So, you're saying you're on the side of us commoners? :D

jk the sooner fan
3/25/2011, 08:53 PM
Seems someone has an obsession.

Not really surprised.

well if anybody knows obsession - it would be the posse

Curly Bill
3/25/2011, 08:54 PM
I think we should change it to where you can only SPEK minorities.

Curly Bill
3/25/2011, 08:54 PM

Well, the posse and your mom. :D

olevetonahill
3/25/2011, 08:58 PM

In the Infamous words of Dean.
Go **** yourself JK :rolleyes:

Curly Bill
3/25/2011, 08:59 PM
Damn Vet, I tried to SPEK ya, but couldn't...:P

OutlandTrophy
3/25/2011, 09:00 PM
looks like jk was right. you guys are too easy to predict.

I love you all!!

olevetonahill
3/25/2011, 09:01 PM
hate? it's stupid, idiotic and sophomoric

but i dont have the energy to hate it

Slickdawgs? i agree with you :rolleyes:

jk the sooner fan
3/25/2011, 09:02 PM
looks like jk was right. you guys are too easy to predict.

I love you all!!

;)

olevetonahill
3/25/2011, 09:04 PM

**** off dip **** go back to slicks where YOU are all powerefull:rolleyes:

olevetonahill
3/25/2011, 09:08 PM
Mom, I broke the dayum thing. KC pisssed me Off and I tried to neg him Bolivia
Phil dint like it and banned me for 2 weeks then twisted the spek feature:rolleyes: :cool: :pop:

jk the sooner fan
3/25/2011, 09:10 PM
did i hurt your feelers vet - i'm sorry

how bout a hug?

olevetonahill
3/25/2011, 09:12 PM
did i hurt your feelers vet - i'm sorry

how bout a hug?

No sugar tits ya dint.
Im just wondering WHY yall are over stirrin up shat when ya got YOUR great board to Admin on :rolleyes:

jk the sooner fan
3/25/2011, 09:14 PM
well i've got just as much right to post here as you do - i could ask you why you arent over in YOUR great hideout board to Admin on?

i didnt mean to harsh your mellow - but like i've said before - for somebody that likes to dish out the **** as much as you do - you've got a thin dermal layer there

soonercruiser
3/25/2011, 09:16 PM
Spek is for homos.

The whole dang system is (as someone posted)..."sophmoric"!
Especially when a mod can ban a peep, and it doesn't harn the rep. Then, ban or punish others into red oblivion.
(Maybe even brag about it!)
So, just post on; as it is meaningless in the whole scheme of digital life.

olevetonahill
3/25/2011, 09:24 PM
well i've got just as much right to post here as you do - i could ask you why you arent over in YOUR great hideout board to Admin on?

i didnt mean to harsh your mellow - but like i've said before - for somebody that likes to dish out the **** as much as you do - you've got a thin dermal layer there

Cause dip **** the Hideout was NEVER a replacement board for SF . unlike your precious Slickdawgs
Go **** yourself ;) :P

jk the sooner fan
3/25/2011, 09:25 PM
you sure seem horny with all the sexual references

you'd have to shave the beard first for me to be interested

SoonerKnight
3/25/2011, 09:25 PM
The whole dang system is (as someone posted)..."sophmoric"!
Especially when a mod can ban a peep, and it doesn't harn the rep. Then, ban or punish others into red oblivion.
(Maybe even brag about it!)
So, just post on; as it is meaningless in the whole scheme of digital life.

WOW! Really! Get your feelers hurt?

olevetonahill
3/25/2011, 09:27 PM
you sure seem horny with all the sexual references

you'd have to shave the beard first for me to be interested

Why? you'd never see it as I do you doggy style ;)

jk the sooner fan
3/25/2011, 09:29 PM
do it rodeo and its a date

CrimsonJim
3/25/2011, 09:42 PM
:pop:

olevetonahill
3/25/2011, 09:47 PM
do it rodeo and its a date

8 seconds all ya can handle ?

jk the sooner fan
3/25/2011, 09:51 PM
just be gentle you ruffian you...

MonkeyMouth
3/25/2011, 09:58 PM
Do people really get their panties so twisted they feel the need to neg spek someone over a comment they disagree with instead of hashing it out like normal people?

Turd_Ferguson
3/25/2011, 10:01 PM
Do people really get their panties so twisted they feel the need to neg spek someone over a comment they disagree with instead of hashing it out like normal people?Clam it noob/troll or I'll call for a fatwa on your ***...:D

soonerhubs
3/25/2011, 10:05 PM
Wear the eye patch Brett!

MonkeyMouth
3/25/2011, 10:05 PM
So basically it's a little man syndrome.

Go. Tit.

soonerhubs
3/25/2011, 10:07 PM
Hubdog Posse recruitment starts today. Join for half price until April 1st. Act fast!

Turd_Ferguson
3/25/2011, 10:11 PM
Hubdog Posse recruitment starts today. Join for half price until April 1st. Act fast!PM me your checking account info and I'll send my entry fee's...:D

Veritas
3/25/2011, 10:13 PM
JK, Olevet, would you two just **** already.

10/10 crowd...this isn't OUI. Stop trying to make it so.

CrimsonJim
3/25/2011, 10:15 PM
Hubdog Posse recruitment starts today. Join for half price until April 1st. Act fast!

Do you get the badge when you join with the discount? :confused:

tcrb
3/25/2011, 10:20 PM
Mom, I broke the dayum thing. KC pisssed me Off and I tried to neg him Bolivia
Phil dint like it and banned me for 2 weeks then twisted the spek feature:rolleyes: :cool: :pop:

I was wonderin' if there was someone we could blame for this. :D

Turd_Ferguson
3/25/2011, 10:21 PM
I was wonderin' if there was someone we could blame for this. :D9 times out of 10, if there is anybody to blame, it's OV...:D

SunnySooner
3/25/2011, 10:42 PM
9 times out of 10, if there is anybody to blame, it's OV...:D

Some people claim that there's a woman to blame. ;) :P :D

CrimsonJim
3/25/2011, 10:55 PM
KCcXqFCMSbo

soonerhubs
3/26/2011, 12:12 AM
PM me your checking account info and I'll send my entry fee's...:D

Check your YMSSRA spek.

OU_Sooners75
3/26/2011, 05:20 AM

First step for you to do is to learn what Obsession means.

Second step would be to find out who has an obsession with the posse.

you may be surprised that it would be you and the other other 4 or 5 members that are considered the village idiots of sf.com.

QUICK...run to slickdawgs and bad mouth sf.com while bashing one of the posse members that had a HUGE hand in make it what it is today!

JK, good luck with your 10 regular members at slickdawgs!

What a joke of a website...cannot even settle on what version of vBulletin to use for your ten members!!!!

What's sadder is you are actually a ****ing moderator or admin at slick dawgs....and that is the cause of so less people there....

Now run along child and bad mouth sf.com at slickdawgs....you are a classic example of a tool if I have ever seen one...and while you are at it, delete my account there, because I wont be back...

Later kiddo!

soonerhubs
3/26/2011, 06:22 AM
I transcend everyone! BOOM!

OUthunder
3/26/2011, 06:40 AM

you may be surprised that it would be you and the other other 4 or 5 members that are considered the village idiots of sf.com.

QUICK...run to slickdawgs and bad mouth sf.com while bashing one of the posse members that had a HUGE hand in make it what it is today!

What a joke of a website...cannot even settle on what version of vBulletin to use for your ten members!!!!

What's sadder is you are actually a ****ing moderator or admin at slick dawgs....and that is the cause of so less people there....

Now run along child and bad mouth sf.com at slickdawgs....you are a classic example of a tool if I have ever seen one...and while you are at it, delete my account there, because I wont be back...

Later kiddo!

nm.

jk the sooner fan
3/26/2011, 07:40 AM

Later kiddo!

see what you know - we have 12 regular members

duh

C&CDean
3/26/2011, 07:52 AM
Did anybody say "take it up with the HMFIC?" If not, "take it up with the HMFIC." IDGAS.