PDA

View Full Version : The plastic found in a single turtle's stomach

Fraggle145
3/24/2011, 10:04 AM
http://www.independent.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00584/Pg-17-turtle_584859a.jpg

http://www.independent.co.uk/environment/nature/the-plastic-found-in-a-single-turtles-stomach-2251230.html

The plastic found in a single turtle's stomach
Hundreds of shards reveal the threat to wildlife from debris floating in our seas

By Adam Sherwin
Thursday, 24 March 2011

This collection of hundreds of coloured, jagged shards could be a work of abstract art. But the objects in the photograph to the right are the contents of the stomach of a sea turtle that lost its battle with plastic pollution.

Environmentalists examined the stomach of the juvenile turtle found off the coast of Argentina. The bellyful of debris that they found is symptomatic of the increasing threat to the sea turtles from a human addiction to plastic.

Sea turtles often mistake plastic items for jellyfish or other food. Ingesting non-biodegradable ocean pollution can cause a digestive blockage and internal lacerations. The result can be debilitation, followed by death.

Humans currently produce 260 million tons of plastic a year. When those products are pulled into the sea's currents, the plastics do not biodegrade but are broken into smaller pieces which are consumed by marine life at the bottom of the food chain. An examination of gastrointestinal obstruction in a green turtle found off Florida discovered that, over the course of a month, the animal's faeces had contained 74 foreign objects, including "four types of latex balloons, different types of hard plastic, a piece of carpet-like material and two 2-4mm tar balls."

The biggest rubbish "swill" is the North Pacific Gyre, known as the "great garbage patch", which is the size of Texas and contains an estimated 3.5 million items of detritus, ranging from toys to toothbrushes.

"The oceans have become one giant refuse bin for all manner of plastics. All sea turtle species are particularly prone and may be seriously harmed," according to the biologists Colette Wabnitz, from the University of British Columbia, and Wallace Nichols, of the California Academy of Sciences. In "Plastic Pollution: An Ocean Emergency", they write: "Continued research on the impacts of plastic on the ocean environment and human health is likely to conclude the problem is worse than currently understood.

"The symptom of this growing crisis can be seen inside and on sea turtles as well as their oceanic and terrestrial habitats. Bold initiatives that directly confront the source of plastic pollution, redesign packaging and rethink the very idea of 'throwaway culture' are urgently required."

Almost all marine species, from plankton to whales, have ingested plastic. But, even in small quantities, plastic can kill sea turtles due to obstruction of the oesophagus or perforation of the bowel, the biologists said.

Fifty out of 92 turtles found dead, stranded on the shorelines of Rio Grande do Sul state in Brazil, had ingested a "considerable amount of man-made debris".

Because young sea turtles indiscriminately feed on pelagic material, "high occurrences of plastic are common in the digestive tract of these small sea turtles," the biologists write.

They are asking visitors to help reduce the threat from plastics during visits to coastal areas by bringing their own reusable bags and food containers, and avoiding plastic-bottled drinks.

Not trying to lecture any/everybody, but just think about it folks before you buy a new plastic whatever. Recycling is a good thing.

http://myecoaction.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/great-pacific-garbage-patch.jpg

picasso
3/24/2011, 10:10 AM
No offense but this is really old news.

Weather balloons are bad too.

tator
3/24/2011, 10:10 AM
I can't believe the turtle gets no blame for eating plastic. What a stupid *** turtle...

MR2-Sooner86
3/24/2011, 10:11 AM
Robot Chicken?

C&CDean
3/24/2011, 10:12 AM
I do recycle my plastic. I burn it at the ranch.

Fraggle145
3/24/2011, 10:12 AM
Just free-associating here.

Can you resize that thing? It makes it impossible to read any of the article.

Fraggle145
3/24/2011, 10:14 AM
No offense but this is really old news.

Weather balloons are bad too.

I know it isnt new. That doesnt mean that it doesnt suck.

Veritas
3/24/2011, 10:16 AM
**** turtles, with their shells and wee beady eyes.

Fraggle145
3/24/2011, 10:17 AM
I can't believe the turtle gets no blame for eating plastic. What a stupid *** turtle...

Its impossible to avoid... The plastic just gets smaller and smaller, but doesnt disappear. Then it gets eaten by zooplankton, jellyfish, etc... and they get eaten by turtles. So it may not be the turtles fault.

http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/great-pacific-garbage-patch-1.jpg

tator
3/24/2011, 10:19 AM
Is there a "no humor" smiley on this board?

Veritas
3/24/2011, 10:19 AM
Can you resize that thing? It makes it impossible to read any of the article.
Post buhleted. C'mon people, don't be lazyasses. http://imageshack.us

Aldebaran
3/24/2011, 10:24 AM
Or the admins are to lazy to update the message board technology.

StoopTroup
3/24/2011, 10:26 AM

jumperstop
3/24/2011, 10:27 AM
Tell that to the city of Moore. 2011 and we still don't have curbside recycling....pathetic. Even in norman they just got that a little while back, but I lived in an apartment. They should have recycling bins at every apartment complex.

C&CDean
3/24/2011, 10:37 AM

Or the admins are dumbasses when it comes to technology and just learned to post a ****ing picture last week?

And I'm not talking about Veritas. He's a nerd.

Bourbon St Sooner
3/24/2011, 10:40 AM
I recycle even though I have to collect the stuff for a whole month and take it to a collection center once a month. I do it just cause I don't like wasting stuff not to save any ****in turtles. I really couldn't care less about turtles, except I had some really good turtle soup at Commander's Palace last night.

sappstuf
3/24/2011, 11:12 AM
'Great Garbage Patch' Not So Great After All

It's been called the Great Garbage Patch and "the most shocking thing" Oprah has ever seen: a massive island of plastic in the Pacific Ocean that, according to many reports, is twice the size of Texas, outnumbers plankton, and has killed millions of sea birds.

But many of those claims, according to a new analysis, are huge exaggerations. Others are downright false.

Plastic is definitely a problem in the oceans, both for animal life and the environment, said Angel White, a microbial oceanographer at Oregon State University in Corvallis. But there are not floating towers of milk jugs, toilet seats and rubber duckies swirling in the middle of the ocean.

Instead, the majority of plastic in the sea consists of confetti-like specks that are spread out widely and nearly impossible to see with the naked eye.

Setting the record straight about what's out there is key to regaining the trust of a wary public, White said. In 2008, she joined an expedition with the Center for Microbial Oceanography: Research and Education. It was a boat trip from Hawaii to California, through the heart of the Great Pacific Garbage Patch.

"None of us on that cruise had been to the patch, but we had all heard that it's twice the size of Texas. That's in a textbook," she said. "These statements are so frequent and in so many places that they are accepted as fact. But they undermine the credibility of those advocating for reduction of plastic pollution in the terrestrial and marine environments."

"Plastic is everywhere," and it's insidious, she said. "But it's not a patch."

White's main goal on the research cruise was to look at relationships between plastic and marine microbes. Along with experiments on microbial respiration and productivity rates, she and colleagues tediously counted and sorted pieces of plastic that were caught in nets towed behind the boat.

When the scientists extrapolated their results into estimates of how much plastic is swirling in ocean gyres, their numbers were just about the same as what other studies have found. But those numbers don't match up with the imagery often described in the media, White said. She has presented her findings to other experts and is preparing a paper for publication.

"You might see a piece of Styrofoam or a bit of fishing line float by at random intervals after hours or 20 minutes, but greater than 90 percent of the plastic was less than 10 millimeters in diameter," she said. "If you filled a thousand Nalgene water bottles in the North Pacific, three to five would have one piece of plastic in them the size of an eraser."

On an expedition through the garbage patch last summer with the Sea Education Association and the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution, author and biogeographer David M. Lawrence noticed a similar pattern. Most of the plastic their boat picked up was tiny, widely dispersed and invisible to the naked eye.

"I was under the impression that you had these big conglomerations that were like Empire State buildings-tall," said Lawrence, who's based in Mechanicsville, Va., and was not surprised by White's analysis. "But that's not what it's like."

Even as the garbage patch fails to live up to the hype of a floating continent, Lawrence added, the truth might actually be worse and far more insidious. Compared to a big mound of trash, for one thing, it's impossible to clean up tons of tiny and widespread specks of plastic. You can't just scoop them up.

Without a dramatic metaphor expressed in "units Texas," White said, it also becomes more challenging to define the extent of the problem to the public. Even scientists still don't know how deep the plastic goes or how much of it is now sitting on the seafloor.

Still, small bits of plastic pose a variety of threats to the environment. They often end up inside fish and can work their way up the food chain. And plastics that are exposed to the elements release chemicals as they break down -- all with unknown but worrisome consequences for animals, water quality and human health.

"There is no reason to have plastic in the marine environment," White said. "But I think we undermine the issue by overstating the results. It's like crying wolf. That's the danger."

http://news.discovery.com/earth/ocean-garbage-patch-exaggerated-110112.html

Leroy Lizard
3/24/2011, 11:17 AM
Its impossible to avoid... The plastic just gets smaller and smaller, but doesnt disappear. Then it gets eaten by zooplankton, jellyfish, etc... and they get eaten by turtles. So it may not be the turtles fault.

Oh, sure, throw the jellyfish under the bus.

saucysoonergal
3/24/2011, 11:21 AM

I've never seen Sponge Bob or Patrick catch one of those.

Viking Kitten
3/24/2011, 11:27 AM
The one where Spongebob and Patrick are trying to teach a bodycast and wheelchair-bound Squidward to jellyfish is one of my favorite episodes ever.

"Firmly grasp it in your hand. Firmly grasp it in your hand. FIRMLY GRASP IT!!"

KantoSooner
3/24/2011, 11:28 AM
When I lived in Japan, we had to separate:

Burnable/Kitchen waste
Plastics
Styrofoam
Aluminum
Other metal

You know what? It was no hassle at all.

Whether any meaningful recycling of these materials happened, I have no idea. But on my side, it was pretty painless.

Leroy Lizard
3/24/2011, 11:44 AM
zzLebC0mjCQ

SoonerJack
3/24/2011, 12:28 PM
The one where Spongebob and Patrick are trying to teach a bodycast and wheelchair-bound Squidward to jellyfish is one of my favorite episodes ever.

"Firmly grasp it in your hand. Firmly grasp it in your hand. FIRMLY GRASP IT!!"

BEST DAY EVER!! Excellent episode.

yankee
3/24/2011, 12:38 PM
CMNry4PE93Y

jumperstop
3/24/2011, 12:52 PM
CMNry4PE93Y

I can't take anything you post seriously with that dumb grinning bitch as your avatar...

MR2-Sooner86
3/24/2011, 01:16 PM
I've never seen Sponge Bob or Patrick catch one of those.

You actually watch that show? What a nerd.

zzLebC0mjCQ

Find it rather funny you're using them as a source given many stances on issues you take go directly against them and their line of thinking.

saucysoonergal
3/24/2011, 01:18 PM
You actually watch that show? What a nerd.

I'd rather be a nerd than a disgusting pig turd. ;)

C&CDean
3/24/2011, 01:19 PM
My grandkids always go "STOP IT PAPA!!!" when I sing in my most crusty voice....

Whooooooo lives in a pineapple under the sea?

SPONGE BOB NO PANTS!!

MR2-Sooner86
3/24/2011, 01:22 PM
I'd rather be a nerd than a disgusting pig turd. ;)

:confused:

What do you have against turd (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/member.php?u=45631).

My grandkids always go "STOP IT PAPA!!!" when I sing in my most crusty voice....

Whooooooo lives in a pineapple under the sea?

SPONGE BOB NO PANTS!!

I'd pay a nice chunk of change to have this on video.

yankee
3/24/2011, 01:24 PM
I can't take anything you post seriously with that dumb grinning bitch as your avatar...

That wasn't a serious post by me, so you're on the right track!

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lift7pJHg81qzyv0do1_400.gif

OutlandTrophy
3/24/2011, 01:27 PM
I think Fraggle is saying that we need more turtles to rid the ocean of our plastic.

Fraggle145
3/24/2011, 03:26 PM
^This.

tator
3/24/2011, 03:33 PM
I think Fraggle is saying that we need more turtles to rid the ocean of our plastic.
I completely misunderstood and I applaud your forward-thinking, Fraggle.

Breadburner
3/24/2011, 03:38 PM
So Turtles dont $hit....????

Aldebaran
3/24/2011, 03:52 PM
Penn & Teller are comedians.

Fraggle145
3/24/2011, 04:06 PM
Penn & Teller are comedians.

And their source is one professor.

Leroy Lizard
3/24/2011, 04:13 PM
And they're right.

Aldebaran
3/24/2011, 04:17 PM
So you're an expert, too then? What are your credentials? Pie throwing or Seltzer bottle accuracy?

Caboose
3/24/2011, 04:19 PM
So you're an expert, too then? What are your credentials? Pie throwing or Selzer bottle accuracy?

Which part are they wrong about?

soonercruiser
3/24/2011, 04:27 PM

Busy banning people for calling them names!
:rolleyes:

soonercruiser
3/24/2011, 04:30 PM
Oh, sure, throw the jellyfish under the bus.

"DEATH" to the poison jellyfish!!!!!! :mad:

Just a factoid I saw on the History Channel last weekend.
Jelly fish were credited with 50+ deaths worldwide from 2005-2010....the biggest killer.
Great whites were #2......at 10.

Aldebaran
3/24/2011, 04:30 PM
Which part are they wrong about?

For one thing, they say there are more trees in the environment, which while true, ignores the fact that there are more trees because old growth forests have been cut down and replaced by uniform species paper crops which can be grown closer together (hence more of them) and act like that's a good thing. It's a bad thing. That destroys biodiversity and the environment. Also, counter to their bad information, recycling paper uses around 50% less energy than making paper from trees which is also an industrial process that is worse for the environment than recycling the paper. In other words, their episode is bull****.

NormanPride
3/24/2011, 05:20 PM
Only partly so.

C&CDean
3/24/2011, 05:43 PM
For one thing, they say there are more trees in the environment, which while true, ignores the fact that there are more trees because old growth forests have been cut down and replaced by uniform species paper crops which can be grown closer together (hence more of them) and act like that's a good thing. It's a bad thing. That destroys biodiversity and the environment. Also, counter to their bad information, recycling paper uses around 50% less energy than making paper from trees which is also an industrial process that is worse for the environment than recycling the paper. In other words, their episode is bull****.

You are just a walking encylopedia of horse****, ain't you? Congrats. Tell me, where are you getting your "facts" from? Don't tell me...Algore.com?

CrimsonKel
3/24/2011, 06:46 PM
When I was in the Coast Guard we used to dig through our trash removing all plastic before we could dump the trash overboard. My ship was an icebreaker and we would be out there digging through trash in our government issue parkas with freaking icebergs floating by.

We took the plastic back to land with us. I hope it was properly recycled. We sure went to a lot of trouble to keep it from going in the ocean.

MR2-Sooner86
3/24/2011, 09:01 PM
And their source is one professor.

Actually they use several sources but each one is for a different topic and their stance like Michael Shermer (Bible), CATO Institute (various), Dr. Frank Wilczek (ghost hunters), former president NAACP (reparations), Patrick Moore (Green movement), and others.

Veritas
3/24/2011, 09:25 PM
With your experience navigating the difficulties of upgrading vBulletin 3.x to 4.x perhaps you should volunteer.

Oh, you haven't actually done that? Hmmm...perhaps you need to STFU.

sooneron
3/24/2011, 09:31 PM
When I lived in Japan, we had to separate:

Burnable/Kitchen waste
Plastics
Styrofoam
Aluminum
Other metal

You know what? It was no hassle at all.

Whether any meaningful recycling of these materials happened, I have no idea. But on my side, it was pretty painless.

Try teaching that to okies.:gary:

sooneron
3/24/2011, 09:32 PM
Busy banning people for calling them names!

SRsly, stfu.

soonercruiser
3/24/2011, 09:41 PM

Whoooooo! Whooooooo took my favorite tree?
...said the hairy owl. :rolleyes:

soonercruiser
3/24/2011, 09:42 PM
SRsly, stfu.

Huh! :P

Aldebaran
3/25/2011, 08:56 AM
With your experience navigating the difficulties of upgrading vBulletin 3.x to 4.x perhaps you should volunteer.

Yeah... Because it's Soooo hard. Cry me a river.

olevetonahill
3/25/2011, 09:02 AM

Trust me we dont want VB 4

Yeah... Because it's Soooo hard. Cry me a river.

Come on fess up Are you a chick or Alan Alda in drag

See its posters like YOU who have given the OUI peeps a bad name
Go away :pop:

Aldebaran
3/25/2011, 09:05 AM
Yes... pointing out the difference between comedians and actual information is a terrible, terrible thing.

olevetonahill
3/25/2011, 09:29 AM
Yes... pointing out the difference between comedians and actual information is a terrible, terrible thing.

Mrs Alda Please .:pop:

3rdgensooner
3/25/2011, 09:33 AM
See its posters like YOU who have given the OUI peeps a bad name
Go away :pop:

If being grouped-in with Alde is wrong, I don't want to be right.

olevetonahill
3/25/2011, 09:37 AM
If being grouped-in with Alde is wrong, I don't want to be right.

Well there ya have it, Yall came over as a Group, Some tried to Fit in, some just tried to force in .
Then Yall picked sides
Nuff said

3rdgensooner
3/25/2011, 09:40 AM
Well there ya have it, Yall came over as a Group, Some tried to Fit in, some just tried to force in .
Then Yall picked sides
Nuff said
I've never "picked sides", whatever that means. I just like Alde.

I'm actually capable of liking him and others who post here.

Adrian
3/25/2011, 09:41 AM
Then Yall picked sides
Nuff said

I'm picking sides with Alde, although he's a liberal pinko nut job. :O

olevetonahill
3/25/2011, 10:36 AM
I've never "picked sides", whatever that means. I just like Alde.

I'm actually capable of liking him and others who post here.

I'm picking sides with Alde, although he's a liberal pinko nut job. :O

;) :D

tator
3/25/2011, 10:50 AM
Then Yall picked sides
Nuff said
I'm seeing a Westside Story-type dance/fight, with the people all being on smartphones.

Adrian
3/25/2011, 10:56 AM
I'm seeing a Westside Story-type dance/fight, with the people all being on smartphones.

Wayne Payne is Maria
Sooner Chk is Anita

Aldebaran
3/25/2011, 11:12 AM
I think I can safely say that I don't typically "fit in" and generally lack the desire to do so.

If I was concerned with trying to fit in, I would, for instance feel obligated to respond to normed stereotype threats towards my gender. But, my gender identity isn't constructed on setting females as an inferior, so I don't feel challenged to defend my maleness on terms that would fit in or reassure people who casually accept unearned male privilege that I'm manly just like them. I'm unable to do it. Because I don't accept the frame of the discussion (and think the frame confines men into a socially constructed mental prison that restricts their ability to be more open to equality, or <more scary words follow>, empathy, compassion, intimacy, love, understanding, etc.). Simply stating such a thing on a message board typically inspires hostility, defensiveness, and more anti-female rhetoric from folks who are either afraid of or hostile to such a frame of reference. So, although I test the water, I typically avoid the discussion altogether in order to get a long with people on a message board.

And "get along with" is another matter. I can get along with most folks. I have to move towards the norm in order to make it happen, but I'm used to it. This is America after all. We're all about freedom as long as it conforms to our exact specifications for thinking and behavior.

olevetonahill
3/25/2011, 11:22 AM
I think I can safely say that I don't typically "fit in" and generally lack the desire to do so.

If I was concerned with trying to fit in, I would, for instance feel obligated to respond to normed stereotype threats towards my gender. But, my gender identity isn't constructed on setting females as an inferior, so I don't feel challenged to defend my maleness on terms that would fit in or reassure people who casually accept unearned male privilege that I'm manly just like them. I'm unable to do it. Because I don't accept the frame of the discussion (and think the frame confines men into a socially constructed mental prison that restricts their ability to be more open to equality, or <more scary words follow>, empathy, compassion, intimacy, love, understanding, etc.). Simply stating such a thing on a message board typically inspires hostility, defensiveness, and more anti-female rhetoric from folks who are either afraid of or hostile to such a frame of reference. So, although I test the water, I typically avoid the discussion altogether in order to get a long with people on a message board.

And "get along with" is another matter. I can get along with most folks. I have to move towards the norm in order to make it happen, but I'm used to it. This is America after all. We're all about freedom as long as it conforms to our exact specifications for thinking and behavior.

Who GAS:rolleyes: :pop:

C&CDean
3/25/2011, 11:39 AM

C'mon, you're making that **** up. You sound like that guy on that commercial about something I can't remember who is all sensitive.

You do realize that about 80% of the crap people talk about on here is exactly that, right? You do realize that none of the people I believe you're referring to in your post here (but I'm not certain cause that **** you wrote is pretty deep) are really tough, hornery, fightin', spittin', wimmins hatin' cretins, right? You do realize that probably 50-60% of the people who post here regularly actually know each other, have helped each other out in hard times, love their wives and daughters deeply, and have developed life-long friendships, right? If not, well there it is.

Some people want "adult intellectual discussion" from a message board (good ****ing luck with that one) although there are many on here who are capable and actually practice it from time-to-time.

Some people want "juvenile idiocy" from a message board - again, many on here are capable and practice regularly.

Some people just want comraderie or just want to vent something or are hurting and want to share with others (we have lots that do that).

Some people want everyone else to go "he so tough" or "she so smart" when they post.

Some people want to just mosey around and **** on everybody's parade.

Some people just want attention.

Some people just want to call everybody a racist or a bigot or a female hater or a fag hater or .....

Some people are so obsessed with certain things (like politics?) who can only post something hateful/hurtful/inflammatory about whichever side it is they have the rag on over.

Some people are a combination of many or all of the above or at least post in most of those styles at some point or another.

Finally, some people feel like they are above everyone else and think all the other posters are ignorant, redneck, racist hicks when in 99% of the cases it isn't true.

sooner_born_1960
3/25/2011, 11:50 AM
Badger?

Thaumaturge
3/25/2011, 11:53 AM
You sound like that guy on that commercial about something I can't remember who is all sensitive.

OMG he DOES! Ha ha ha! Too perfect.

3rdgensooner
3/25/2011, 12:14 PM
OMG he DOES! Ha ha ha! Too perfect.
^^^He so smart!

Viking Kitten
3/25/2011, 12:18 PM
C'mon, you're making that **** up. You sound like that guy on that commercial about something I can't remember who is all sensitive.

You do realize that about 80% of the crap people talk about on here is exactly that, right? You do realize that none of the people I believe you're referring to in your post here (but I'm not certain cause that **** you wrote is pretty deep) are really tough, hornery, fightin', spittin', wimmins hatin' cretins, right? You do realize that probably 50-60% of the people who post here regularly actually know each other, have helped each other out in hard times, love their wives and daughters deeply, and have developed life-long friendships, right? If not, well there it is.

Some people want "adult intellectual discussion" from a message board (good ****ing luck with that one) although there are many on here who are capable and actually practice it from time-to-time.

Some people want "juvenile idiocy" from a message board - again, many on here are capable and practice regularly.

Some people just want comraderie or just want to vent something or are hurting and want to share with others (we have lots that do that).

Some people want everyone else to go "he so tough" or "she so smart" when they post.

Some people just want to call everybody a racist or a bigot or a female hater or a fag hater or .....

Some people are so obsessed with certain things (like politics?) who can only post something hateful/hurtful/inflammatory about whichever side it is they have the rag on over.

Some people are a combination of many or all of the above or at least post in most of those styles at some point or another.

Finally, some people feel like they are above everyone else and think all the other posters are ignorant, redneck, racist hicks when in 99% of the cases it isn't true.

Dean, are you on your period?

C&CDean
3/25/2011, 12:21 PM
she so smart^^^

My Opinion Matters
3/25/2011, 12:24 PM

Now this is how trollin' is done.

olevetonahill
3/25/2011, 12:27 PM
http://blogs.smh.com.au/lifestyle/asksam/8545~Of-Course-I-Love-You-Posters.jpg

Veritas
3/25/2011, 01:17 PM

So in other words you have sand in your vag?

Also, I don't think you understand how important message boards are to the future of humanity. This is serious serious business.

toast
3/25/2011, 01:20 PM

this should have been a pole

Veritas
3/25/2011, 01:24 PM
I'm an ignorant, redneck, racist hick AND I think I'm above everyone else.

pphilfran
3/25/2011, 01:26 PM

Sybil ain't got nuttin' on me...I am all of those, and much, much more...

3rdgensooner
3/25/2011, 01:32 PM
Sybil ain't got nuttin' on me...I am all of those, and much, much more...Pics

pphilfran
3/25/2011, 01:50 PM
http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii187/pphilfran/001-2.jpg

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii187/pphilfran/halloween012.jpg

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii187/pphilfran/006.jpg

3rdgensooner
3/25/2011, 02:15 PM
ZOMBIE!

soonerboomer93
3/25/2011, 02:27 PM
SRsly, stfu.

you forgot the or gtfo

soonercruiser
3/25/2011, 02:50 PM

Wow! Wayyyy to cool!
Dean was "sleep typing" and we just got all the hidden rules.
:D

And, he forgot one more.
Some are just refugees from the OUI, and will bever get any respect because they don't post about their genitels"!
(Rodney Dangerfield posters)

47straight
3/25/2011, 02:56 PM

All of which has jack **** to do with being the type of guy who complains about the board software but won't pitch in to help if he thinks it's such a huge problem on a message board he uses for free.

3rdgensooner
3/25/2011, 02:57 PM
So if I offer to pitch in they'll give me the keys to the store?

C&CDean
3/25/2011, 02:58 PM
So if I offer to pitch in they'll give me the keys to the store?

Keys to the drawers?

pphilfran
3/25/2011, 02:58 PM
Wow! Wayyyy to cool!
Dean was "sleep typing" and we just got all the hidden rules.
:D

And, he forgot one more.
Some are just refugees from the OUI, and will bever get any respect because they don't post about their genitels"!
(Rodney Dangerfield posters)

I've got cast iron balls...

Aldebaran
3/25/2011, 03:27 PM
All of which has jack **** to do with being the type of guy who complains about the board software but won't pitch in to help if he thinks it's such a huge problem on a message board he uses for free.

Yes.. It's a terrible thing that I'm depriving SF of my technical talents. Oh, what evil I'm purpetuating. And yet I am determined to practically steal this free service. I'm sure it's the first time that challenging words have been exchanged between administrators and users in the history of this board.

p.s. Sometimes comments on message boards have a cross thread relevance. By keeping an eye on how comments sometimes have a similarity to other threads and by asking questions to confirm your suspicions, before you know it, you too will be able to engage in this kind of fun. It takes message board posting to a whole-nother-level, yo.

NormanPride
3/25/2011, 03:36 PM
I'm totally confused.

Is, or is not, the super-turtle-force-ocean-cleaner idea in development?

47straight
3/25/2011, 04:01 PM
Yes.. It's a terrible thing that I'm depriving SF of my technical talents. Oh, what evil I'm purpetuating. And yet I am determined to practically steal this free service. I'm sure it's the first time that challenging words have been exchanged between administrators and users in the history of this board.

p.s. Sometimes comments on message boards have a cross thread relevance. By keeping an eye on how comments sometimes have a similarity to other threads and by asking questions to confirm your suspicions, before you know it, you too will be able to engage in this kind of fun. It takes message board posting to a whole-nother-level, yo.

Feel free to go the **** away if you don't like it here, yo.

Fraggle145
3/25/2011, 04:16 PM
Y'all stop gaying up my thread.

NormanPride
3/25/2011, 04:19 PM
THEN TELL ME IF WE HAVE DEVELOPED SUPER TURTLE CLEANING FORCES THAT WILL SCOUR THE OCEANS FOR THEIR PLASTICY GOODNESS.

I MAD.

3rdgensooner
3/25/2011, 04:20 PM
http://billstones.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/ninja-turtles.jpg

NormanPride
3/25/2011, 04:29 PM
No doubt Leo would be great at eating plastic until he died. He would also have the honor and intelligence to die at the feet of a recycling plant worker, thereby saving us the trouble of hunting him down on some faraway island.

Aldebaran
3/25/2011, 04:32 PM
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e118/Ald3baran/jokes/actionfigureporn4.jpg

NormanPride
3/25/2011, 04:37 PM
I lost a plastic G.I. Joe to a seagull on the beach once. He plucked it from my tiny hand. Very traumatic experience.

I like to think that seagull choked on my G.I. Joe. He defended the beach well by sacrificing himself to destroy the evil seagull.

Fraggle145
3/25/2011, 06:26 PM
No doubt Leo would be great at eating plastic until he died. He would also have the honor and intelligence to die at the feet of a recycling plant worker, thereby saving us the trouble of hunting him down on some faraway island.

I thought Michaelangelo was the one that ate the most. Put the plastic on pizzas for them.

Leroy Lizard
3/25/2011, 06:45 PM
I think the plastics industry needs to do something about this wildlife threat.

Adrian
3/25/2011, 07:43 PM
Just for the record, I recycled plastic today for the second time this week. I would post more, but I'm too busy patting myself on the back...

Veritas
3/25/2011, 08:29 PM
Y'all stop gaying up my thread.
Mack already posted. It's too late.

jk the sooner fan
3/25/2011, 09:09 PM
think of all the lettuce that will be saved - feeding turtles plastic

lettuce goes bad after about a week - but the shelf life on plastic is ...like forever

Partial Qualifier
3/25/2011, 09:18 PM
these sea turtles need to smarten up

jk the sooner fan
3/25/2011, 09:18 PM
aldebaran's shtick worked much better on the IW

soonercruiser
3/25/2011, 09:19 PM
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e118/Ald3baran/jokes/actionfigureporn4.jpg

So, this is what "becoming one with the Force" means!
:eek:

sappstuf
3/25/2011, 09:22 PM
http://www.extremetesting.tv/ThreadDirection.jpg

Fraggle145
3/25/2011, 10:25 PM
Mack already posted. It's too late.

Good point.