PDA

View Full Version : My Boy Died

SicEmBaylor
3/23/2011, 07:16 PM
A lot of you probably already know this, but I lost my little baby boy Winston a couple of days ago. He was an English Bulldog that I got during the darkest time of my life when I'm not sure what stupid things I would have done if I didn't have to focus on taking care of and raising him. He was by my side almost 24/7 for the 8 wonderful years that he lived.

I know pets become a part of the family for many people, but Winston was so human like that I stopped thinking of him as a dog and simply thought of him as a member of our family. His personality was so distinct and sweet that I joked he was a cross between an old man and a little boy.

He was a joy to have around. He never barked unnecessarily, he didn't chew on anything, he behaved himself when guests came over, he was potty trained very very quickly, and he was astoundingly smart. That dog was smarter than most people I come into contact with *cough* SJS *cough*.

Losing him has been very difficult on me, but I'm trying to get through it. The rest of my family is having a difficult time as well because they loved him as much as I did.

I made a little tribute video for him. I pick his ashes up tomorrow from a crematorium in Tulsa. God speed my little boy...I know that you're up there somewhere eating your favorite snacks and snoozing in your favorite chair.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KbGE98HB_0
KbGE98HB

usmc-sooner
3/23/2011, 07:17 PM
I am sad for you in pathetic sort of way

Mongo
3/23/2011, 07:21 PM
RIP Winston.

soonerhubs
3/23/2011, 07:28 PM
Thoughts are with you Sic'em.

OUHOMER
3/23/2011, 07:36 PM
Very sad deal. sorrty to hear about Winston

usmc-sooner
3/23/2011, 07:36 PM
Once was enough.

hawaii 5-0
3/23/2011, 07:44 PM
Sorry for your family member.

Sadly, some breeds just don't have long lifespans.

5-0

usmc-sooner
3/23/2011, 07:53 PM
Sicem you need to get one of those dogs you can carry in a purse next

OU Engineer
3/23/2011, 07:55 PM
man dogs are the only thing that really hit home to me anymore.

Sorry for your loss sicem.

May I suggest your next best friend be acquired from an animal shelter? There are plenty of great dogs out there looking for a good home!

A Sooner in Texas
3/23/2011, 07:56 PM
I'm sorry, Sic. Losing a pet is always hard.

tcrb
3/23/2011, 08:08 PM
Sorry for your loss Sicem.

RIP Winston

OhU1
3/23/2011, 08:12 PM
Sorry to hear about that Sic Em. He looked like a great dog. It's very tough when you lose one. I still miss my 15 year old Basset Hound "Bo" who died in 2006.

OU_Sooners75
3/23/2011, 08:22 PM
I'm taking the day off tomorrow.

Just cause you dont have a loving relationship with a pet doesnt mean anyone doesn't.

Tell you way...keep up the Jackwagon stint....it fits good!;)

usmc-sooner
3/23/2011, 08:46 PM
Just cause you dont have a loving relationship with a pet doesnt mean anyone doesn't.

Tell you way...keep up the Jackwagon stint....it fits good!;)

Three times is way too many.

SunnySooner
3/23/2011, 08:49 PM
So sorry, baby boy, he looks like he had a wonderful life, all because of you. You'll see him again someday.

oumartin
3/23/2011, 08:50 PM
what's that Ka..word I'm lookin' for...

tcrb
3/23/2011, 08:50 PM
Wow dude, what a badass.

I've got a problem with people who think losing a pet is more than it is.

OU_Sooners75
3/23/2011, 08:52 PM
I've got a problem with people who think losing a pet is more than it is.

So, leave the opinions to yourself.

Some people look at their pets as companions and friends.

I personally do not have a pet because after my dalmatian died after 16 years on this earth, I just dont want one.

There is nothing wrong with someone expressing grief because they lost a pet.

yermom
3/23/2011, 09:05 PM
So, leave the opinions to yourself.

Some people look at their pets as companions and friends.

I personally do not have a pet because after my dalmatian died after 16 years on this earth, I just dont want one.

There is nothing wrong with someone expressing grief because they lost a pet.

Nothing good ends well. It like when you bring home a puppy, you’re bringing it home to your family, like, ‘Hey look everyone, we’re all gonna cry soon! Countdown to sorrow with a puppy!‘

that's a big reason i don't have any pets at the moment. i'm not really ready to start that cycle again

Mongo
3/23/2011, 09:07 PM
Jiffy peanut butter stock is going to drop.

Sell sell sell

Curly Bill
3/23/2011, 09:07 PM
I feel for ya Sic. I had my min-pin for 12 years and he was there for me thru some rough times as well. He was a great dog and a great companion. Losing a beloved pet is indeed the suck.

I had him cremated as well & glad I did. He's resting comfortably in my gun safe as we speak. :D

OU_Sooners75
3/23/2011, 09:11 PM
Just got this from my source:

http://i51.tinypic.com/301dans.jpg

jumperstop
3/23/2011, 09:20 PM
Sorry for your loss. Don't even know how I'll handle it when my pets pass on...

Turd_Ferguson
3/23/2011, 09:27 PM
Just got this from my source:

http://i51.tinypic.com/301dans.jpgnm

btb916
3/23/2011, 09:30 PM
That's sad news SicEm. I'm sorry for you.

Mixer!
3/23/2011, 09:30 PM
My condolences, Froston. Losing a pet is never easy.

Curly Bill
3/23/2011, 09:32 PM
Hey Turd:

Speaking of WTF...

I just tried to give ya some spek calling ya a dumas, and it said I had to spread some more around before I could spek ya. What the hell! Do we have affirmative action on spek now???

OU_Sooners75
3/23/2011, 09:35 PM
Hey Turd:

Speaking of WTF...

I just tried to give ya some spek calling ya a dumas, and it said I had to spread some more around before I could spek ya. What the hell! Do we have affirmative action on spek now???

Pretty much...you now have to give it to 15 others before you can give it to the same person.

People are all butt hurt because they were getting negged.

Turd_Ferguson
3/23/2011, 09:35 PM
Hey Turd:

Speaking of WTF...

I just tried to give ya some spek calling ya a dumas, and it said I had to spread some more around before I could spek ya. What the hell! Do we have affirmative action on spek now???:D:D

Curly Bill
3/23/2011, 09:42 PM
I don't want to jack Sic's thread, but that's pretty damn stupid!!!

SicEmBaylor
3/23/2011, 09:53 PM

Agreed.

btk108
3/23/2011, 09:56 PM
heh....somebody's wantin you to spread it around. At school in health class they told us not to do that

StoopTroup
3/23/2011, 10:45 PM

yermom
3/23/2011, 10:52 PM

that's the way it started, people had to be dumb, and now it's back

StoopTroup
3/23/2011, 10:52 PM

The Profit
3/23/2011, 11:14 PM
Sic, I am very sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. I enjoyed watching the nice tribute to him. Anyone, who cannot understand the hurt caused by the loss of a four-legged friend, will have a hard time understanding the loss of a two-legged friend. You will see Winston again.

ouduckhunter
3/24/2011, 01:09 AM
What a lovely tribute to a very dear and much loved baby. May he rest in peace, and may you take comfort in knowing that you will meet again. Take care.

Leroy Lizard
3/24/2011, 02:23 AM
So was the vet right all along?

SicEmBaylor
3/24/2011, 02:28 AM
So was the vet right all along?

Not at all. The swelling was due to a terrible infection in his tail and rear end. She gave us antibiotics for it, but she didn't test his blood to see if the infection had caused him to become septic (which it had).

We were on our way to OSU's Vet Hospital, but the poor guy just didn't make it. He died from sepsis.

ouwino
3/24/2011, 05:54 AM
may i suggest a book to read. it is great for all dog lovers. "the art of racing in the rain". dont let the title fool you. it is a wonderful book. sorry i cant remember the name of the author.

OUTrumpet
3/24/2011, 06:16 AM
may i suggest a book to read. it is great for all dog lovers. "the art of racing in the rain". dont let the title fool you. it is a wonderful book. sorry i cant remember the name of the author.

Garth Stein. It's a great book.

RIP Winston.

achiro
3/24/2011, 07:45 AM
Sic, sorry to hear. It sucks when we lose a pet, they are not with us nearly long enough.

soonerbrat
3/24/2011, 07:49 AM
Sorry to hear that, Sic...i know pets are part of the family and it's hard to lose a favorite. They're better than people sometimes.

BOOMERBRADLEY
3/24/2011, 07:52 AM
Sorry for your loss, Sic. Dogs are truly special.

As for the rest of you dickheads keep your opinions to yourself.

XingTheRubicon
3/24/2011, 07:59 AM
Sorry to hear that, Sic.

Anyone making light of someone losing a life they cared about, might need some more practice at this whole being a person thing.

texaspokieokie
3/24/2011, 08:02 AM
I'm sorry, Sic. Losing a pet is always hard.

THIS !!!!!

i know it's REALLY tough !!!!

stoops the eternal pimp
3/24/2011, 08:17 AM
I don't plan on ever getting a dog again after losing my sheepdog...sorry sic

Oh..and I personally think USMC is a pretty awesome dude

sooneron
3/24/2011, 09:13 AM
Sorry to hear about the pooch, Sic.

C&CDean
3/24/2011, 09:19 AM
I like usmc, but once was enough. I edited the other posts.

No, a dog ain't a human, and there's no comparison between them that is accurate. However, it sucks losing a good dog. My lone surviving rat is getting mighty long in the tooth. His number will be up pretty soon too. Yes, it will suck when he goes.

Bummer sic.

BillyBall
3/24/2011, 09:25 AM
Sorry to hear that Sic Em. It really ****ing sucks losing a dog...

saucysoonergal
3/24/2011, 09:28 AM
Sorry F.

Viking Kitten
3/24/2011, 09:57 AM
:( Sucks to lose a dog. Sorry Sic.

SicEmBaylor
3/24/2011, 10:12 AM
Jiffy peanut butter stock is going to drop.

Sell sell sell

Not so fast my friend...my little sister has a cat.

cccasooner2
3/24/2011, 10:24 AM
Sorry to hear of your loss. The two of you were very fortunate to have spent some time together.
The picture with him looking up at the poke shirt that wasn't sharing (or maybe preparing his meal) brought a smile to my face.

IB4OU2
3/24/2011, 10:35 AM
Sorry about your loss Siccum.

Hopefully someday after you heal you can provide another friend a home.

Boomer.....
3/24/2011, 11:15 AM
Sorry to hear it F.

NormanPride
3/24/2011, 11:42 AM
I know the feeling all too well. We had a bunch of pets while I was growing up, and seeing them go over time was rough. I had cats that were 20+ years old, and I had literally not known life without them. Any kind of shakeup like that is rough, but the best part about having pets is that they make you better. Everything you learn from them sticks with you even after they're gone.

So my condolences, but don't be too sad. Winston taught you better than that. :)

XFollower
3/24/2011, 11:47 AM
My prayers are with you SicEm. I've been down that path with a schnauzer name Mickey, that was the best friend you could ever have.

Do you think you'll get another?

KuppiKunta
3/24/2011, 12:17 PM
I feel for ya, Sic. I lost my bulldog, Oliver almost 20 years ago and still remember that phone call like it was yesterday.

proud gonzo
3/24/2011, 12:19 PM
So sorry to hear that, Sic. I know it's tough.

I've been bird-sitting for my parents this week while they're out of town. Our cockatoo, Calvin, is ten or eleven right now, and he's supposed to live 30-40 years... I can't imagine how much it will suck when he dies. I know exactly what you mean about a pet being like family.

Glad you had so many good years with Winston. He knew he was loved, and that's what matters most.

Ike
3/24/2011, 12:23 PM
Sorry to hear it Sic. Good dogs are kick-*** friends. Losing one sucks.

C&CDean
3/24/2011, 12:51 PM
So sorry to hear that, Sic. I know it's tough.

I've been bird-sitting for my parents this week while they're out of town. Our cockatoo, Calvin, is ten or eleven right now, and he's supposed to live 30-40 years... I can't imagine how much it will suck when he dies. I know exactly what you mean about a pet being like family.

Glad you had so many good years with Winston. He knew he was loved, and that's what matters most.

Birds are NOT pets. They are spawned directly from the loins of the great aviary satan. Especially them damn cockatoos. I've got scars, and my brother damn near lost his thumb to one of them effing birds. I got attacked by a bunch of ravens when I was a kid too. Birds to me are like spiders to you. Eeeeevil.

saucysoonergal
3/24/2011, 12:52 PM
Birds are NOT pets. They are spawned directly from the loins of the great aviary satan. Especially them damn cockatoos. I've got scars, and my brother damn near lost his thumb to one of them effing birds. I got attacked by a bunch of ravens when I was a kid too. Birds to me are like spiders to you. Eeeeevil.

Fried Chicken is delicious though!!!

yermom
3/24/2011, 12:53 PM

enjoy your neg :D

Mississippi Sooner
3/24/2011, 12:54 PM
FCIAB!

jkjsooner
3/24/2011, 01:01 PM
My sympathies. I know what's it's like to lose a dog who guided you through tough times.

http://www.petloss.com/rainbowbridge.htm

MamaMia
3/24/2011, 03:12 PM
I'm sorry to hear this Sic. :(

soonerbrat
3/24/2011, 04:37 PM

http://blogs.tribune.com.pk/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/the-birds-640x480.jpg

C&CDean
3/24/2011, 05:14 PM
The only good bird...

http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/8959/p10001431c.jpg (http://img717.imageshack.us/i/p10001431c.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

Is a dead bird.

usmc-sooner
3/24/2011, 05:36 PM
my bad guys. Something about dogs or pets being referred to like people hit me the wrong way last night.

MamaMia
3/24/2011, 05:58 PM
my bad guys. Something about dogs or pets being referred to like people hit me the wrong way last night.Its nice of you to apologize. Unless you've have a close relationship with a dog who loves you unconditionally, its hard to understand.

Scott D
3/24/2011, 06:01 PM
My condolences Froston. I've been there twice in recent years and I know how painful it can be.

C&CDean
3/24/2011, 06:07 PM
OK. I'm getting into the shower, and I just have to say it. We have a thread that is stabbied on the front page about a little kid who died. We have a thread about a bulldog dying. The bulldog thread has DOUBLE the play as the thread about a child.

I'm not making a judgement, but seriously, how ****ed up are we?

Blue
3/24/2011, 06:39 PM
Very sad vid. Sorry for your loss. I had to put down(Vet did) the family dog a few years back. My mom couldn't do it. It's sad all the way around.

Get back on the horse though. I know you prob don't want a dog immediately, but the sooner you do, you'll be glad you did.

Winston II.

usmc-sooner
3/24/2011, 06:41 PM
OK. I'm getting into the shower, and I just have to say it. We have a thread that is stabbied on the front page about a little kid who died. We have a thread about a bulldog dying. The bulldog thread has DOUBLE the play as the thread about a child.

that's what I was saying. Just said it in a bad way.

MamaMia
3/24/2011, 06:41 PM

I'm not making a judgement, but seriously, how ****ed up are we?I apologize. Sometimes I fail to look at the stickys. I'll try harder. It wasn't because I don't care. Not at all. :(

tcrb
3/24/2011, 07:32 PM

Sounds like a theme that could be made into a horror movie....like something Alfred Hitchcock would dream up. :D :cool:

SicEmBaylor
3/24/2011, 08:32 PM

I didn't intend for it to be a competition. I didn't even see that other thread when I started this one. Of course I feel bad that a kid died. =(

olevetonahill
3/24/2011, 09:33 PM
I didn't intend for it to be a competition. I didn't even see that other thread when I started this one. Of course I feel bad that a kid died. =(

Sic em you posted this thread here yesterday 3/23/2011, 07:16 PM
Zoos Cousin died this morning and she Posted it at like 7 er so. You couldnt have seen it unless yer clairvoyant ;)

OUthunder
3/24/2011, 09:41 PM
Sicem, sorry for your loss. If you ever get a great pet and lose em, it's always difficult. I also echo another posters sentiments about going to s a shelter and adopting. After our house was broken into, I decided to get a dog. Saw one on the web and a local shelter that was part dobey/part rottweiler.

Best damn dog in the world. came potty trained and is smarter than a few of the posters on SF. Give it some time and give one of the shelters a call...you'll be glad you did.

Best wishes.

SicEmBaylor
3/24/2011, 09:49 PM
Zoos Cousin died this morning and she Posted it at like 7 er so. You couldnt have seen it unless yer clairvoyant ;)

I have ESPN.

sooneron
3/24/2011, 10:03 PM

It needs to be said that Vet spelled clairvoyant correctly. THIS must be pointed out!:D

sooner ngintunr
3/24/2011, 10:05 PM
Sucks losing a pup. If you're a dog guy you'll be burying plenty of great dogs in your life. My Java only lasted 4 years. I hope I'm lucky enough to bury 5 or 6 more great dogs. The two I have now are meh, but I did give them a better life. I love the stupid crapheads.

In the scheme of life, dogs are easily replaced.

Just a Fathers point of view.

olevetonahill
3/24/2011, 10:15 PM

I wonder who the 1st ones were to be dumb about it?:confused: ;)

StoopTroup
3/24/2011, 10:33 PM
I wonder who the 1st ones were to be dumb about it?:confused: ;)

MamaMia
3/24/2011, 10:47 PM
Sicem, sorry for your loss. If you ever get a great pet and lose em, it's always difficult. I also echo another posters sentiments about going to s a shelter and adopting. After our house was broken into, I decided to get a dog. Saw one on the web and a local shelter that was part dobey/part rottweiler.

Best damn dog in the world. came potty trained and is smarter than a few of the posters on SF. Give it some time and give one of the shelters a call...you'll be glad you did.

Best wishes.

This is good advice. When my first dog passed away, I never ever wanted to get another dog. The pain of losing him was so bad that I just didn't want to go through that again. Then one day it dawned on me that my dog who passed away would have wanted me to give another dog a chance at having a happy life. Plus the one dog I had left was lonely for a buddy. No dog can ever replace another but they sure are good at filling that empty place in your heart and at helping you be able to move on. Maybe in time, after the wound heals a bit, you might consider getting another furry friend. I hope so. You were a great companion to Winston. Another dog would benefit from having you as a pal.

olevetonahill
3/25/2011, 01:15 AM
It needs to be said that Vet spelled clairvoyant correctly. THIS must be pointed out!:D

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: ;)

proud gonzo
3/25/2011, 02:08 AM

If a bird bites you, most likely it's your fault. :P

olevetonahill
3/25/2011, 02:29 AM

Yup Boomer has bitten me one time, Thats cause I was ****in with him when he was on my shoulder and he got me right across the bridge of my nose. The bastard :O

usaosooner
3/25/2011, 02:41 AM
damn fine looking dog. you'll cherish the memories & have a smile on your face soon

C&CDean
3/25/2011, 07:52 AM

It ain't my fault I was born with testes. That damn bird hated men. Period. He would primp and coo for any female whether he knew her or not. He'd rub up on them, do that head-bob strutting thing, etc. As soon as a man came into the room, he'd start squawking and get all bent outta shape. If you got anywhere near him, he'd attack. My brother and I even planned out how we were going to kill that POS and make it look like "somebody left the window open and Jake must have flown off..."

I think maybe somewhere before his wife got the bird a man must have abused him. Maybe. Or maybe birds are just wicked little creatures.

olevetonahill
3/25/2011, 08:30 AM
It ain't my fault I was born with testes. That damn bird hated men. Period. He would primp and coo for any female whether he knew her or not. He'd rub up on them, do that head-bob strutting thing, etc. As soon as a man came into the room, he'd start squawking and get all bent outta shape. If you got anywhere near him, he'd attack. My brother and I even planned out how we were going to kill that POS and make it look like "somebody left the window open and Jake must have flown off..."

I think maybe somewhere before his wife got the bird a man must have abused him. Maybe. Or maybe birds are just wicked little creatures.

Or he was just a MALE and dint like the competition;)

KuppiKunta
3/25/2011, 08:52 AM
Or he was just a MALE and dint like the competition;)

You can't call Dean a bird fvcker on the internet!!!

olevetonahill
3/25/2011, 09:39 AM
You can't call Dean a bird fvcker on the internet!!!

Do you get stupider by the post? or are you just an imbecile?:rolleyes:

KuppiKunta
3/25/2011, 09:44 AM
Do you get stupider by the post? or are you just an imbecile?:rolleyes:

You should use "more stupid", vetard.

olevetonahill
3/25/2011, 09:49 AM
As William Favor says. Welcome to ignoresville tard ;)

OULenexaman
3/25/2011, 09:52 AM
this thread has it all...dogs, kids, birds, fried chicken and tards.

jkjsooner
3/25/2011, 09:56 AM

I think you have a good point. I can only speak for myself but I hadn't posted on that thread because I just couldn't come up with the words to say. That isn't an acceptable reason though.

olevetonahill
3/25/2011, 09:57 AM
this thread has it all...dogs, kids, birds, fried chicken and tards.

you forgot ignoresville tards;)

olevetonahill
3/25/2011, 10:00 AM
I think you have a good point. I can only speak for myself but I hadn't posted on that thread because I just couldn't come up with the words to say. That isn't an acceptable reason though.

There are really NO words Bro

Im such an arsehole that Im working on getin a PayPal set up so it will make it easier to donate to help the family:cool:

stoops the eternal pimp
3/26/2011, 12:44 AM

you obviously have never encountered vet's spawn of satan bird